euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I've not entered any lottery and am doubtful if I will.
    I am pretty skint, and in July am already going to Berlin and Stockholm. It'd be over £100 in travel to either one of the UK dates plus accommodation. I think the demand for tickets will be high and there may not be many spares about, we shall see.

The bitching and general expectation that the world owes people something has gotten to me today. Que sera sera...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    dottles wrote:
    I am pretty skint, and in July am already going to Berlin and Stockholm. It'd be over £100 in travel to either one of the UK dates plus accommodation. I think the demand for tickets will be high and there may not be many spares about, we shall see.

The bitching and general expectation that the world owes people something has gotten to me today. Que sera sera...

How do you live all the way down there? :(
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:

There's been no more than for other tour announcements, has there? To be honest, I think they should do away with the whole Tweet thing, and telling people when they need to renew by in order to be eligible. Just put the dates out there, if people weren't renewed in time then they miss out. Society is too spoon fed for its own good these days!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

There's been no more than for other tour announcements, has there? To be honest, I think they should do away with the whole Tweet thing, and telling people when they need to renew by in order to be eligible. Just put the dates out there, if people weren't renewed in time then they miss out. Society is too spoon fed for its own good these days!

No, there hasn't but it just got to me, I guess I don't understand the mindset, I don't have the expectation. Maybe it is my simple mind but yeah, the tweets compound matters it seems.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

True!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

its a trick that makes people renew no matter where is the show
    alot will not renew if the know the band will not play near them..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

A cynical marketing ploy? :lol:
    ilockyer wrote:

sure..if they Tweet for S america,who will renew?
    etc...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

No, there hasn't but it just got to me, I guess I don't understand the mindset, I don't have the expectation. Maybe it is my simple mind but yeah, the tweets compound matters it seems.

I think there is less expectation from us here in Europe, we do accept they're an American band and we won't see them as much. An American should expect to see an American band play more at home than they have overseas, both are equally reasonable and understandable positions.

In terms of band size in respective countries, take Oasis circa 2000, on the decline from their peak but still huge over here. Can you imagine the outcry there'd have been from their fans if the band toured everywhere else and gave their home fans the scraps left over in the calendar.

Then add into the mix that the frontman from the band might be on the road much more than the band, after saying that they wouldn't tour so much because of the whole family thing. This further dilutes their chance to see the band they love. That's what I think it feels like to some of our continental friends in relation to this band. Are they right to vent? Absolutely. It's better to have divided opinions than some cultish fawning over everything being the best ever and nobody having an opinion to the contrary (and they are out there!).

At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of armchair warriors with opinions and a keyboard and often not the sense to edit before or after posting!
    ilockyer wrote:

sure..if they Tweet for S america,who will renew?
    etc...

South America is almost an exception, it's pretty much a given they'll hardly ever go there. But an email sent only to South American fans who are on the mailing lists or have been a member within the last x number of years would work. Data sorting is easy on a computer. Give them the presale link that way.

Or there's the often mentioned Dave Matthews approach, tell everyone where you'll be touring at the beginning of the year, and let them decide. If they don't want the magazine/single or the chance for presale tickets then they don't renew, simple. A fan club should surely be about providing opportunities, charged to cover costs, not as a profit stream in its own right.
    :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    I've not entered any lottery and am doubtful if I will. ..

I've entered for London but somehow, the excitement is just not there. If I don't get tix, I'm not really fussed. I feel more excited seeing Cornell solo. Is that bad?
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I've entered for London but somehow, the excitement is just not there. If I don't get tix, I'm not really fussed. I feel more excited seeing Cornell solo. Is that bad?

I think many feel the same. Put in for Manc though can't really afford it. Only went for it as it's a weekend.
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Just saw that Slash was playing a gig at the Apollo in London in June. MUCH MORE excited about that!!!!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Just saw that Slash was playing a gig at the Apollo in London in June. MUCH MORE excited about that!!!!!!!

:lol: I want to see Ed, but it's just the expense of buying two tickets up front then thinking about trains/planes/hotels - especially in London during the olympics. I will have seen PJ 3 times that month.
    dottles wrote:
    :lol: I want to see Ed, but it's just the expense of buying two tickets up front then thinking about trains/planes/hotels - especially in London during the olympics. I will have seen PJ 3 times that month.

Forget about hotels during the olympics. Hotels are ripping people off - all of them!
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Forget about hotels during the olympics. Hotels are ripping people off - all of them!

Yeah I know, even for work we've had problems :(

:lol: Even work will not let me open that - it's a high risk site that may breach the acceptable usage policy!
    :D
    Hello euro people!
    dottles wrote:

So avoid London and just try for Manchester tickets, be it in presale, general or spares?

Or, to avoid being ripped off in London, Reading can be reached after a gig by train, and the Travelodge there is £30.00 for the Monday night of the Ed show. Yes, it's a minor nuisance having to travel that little bit further but to potentially save £100+ on a hotel room it's one I'd say is worth it.

Trains won't be horrific, they haven't even released the cheap train tickets for that time yet. It can be done. Think positive Leanne! You can and will be there.
    ilockyer wrote:
    Or, to avoid being ripped off in London, Reading can be reached after a gig by train, and the Travelodge there is £30.00 for the Monday night of the Ed show. Yes, it's a minor nuisance having to travel that little bit further but to potentially save £100+ on a hotel room it's one I'd say is worth it. .

Or you can just come back to Twickenham and crash at Hotel Redrock (if you're not allergic to cats).
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

So avoid London and just try for Manchester tickets, be it in presale, general or spares?

Or, to avoid being ripped off in London, Reading can be reached after a gig by train, and the Travelodge there is £30.00 for the Monday night of the Ed show. Yes, it's a minor nuisance having to travel that little bit further but to potentially save £100+ on a hotel room it's one I'd say is worth it.

Trains won't be horrific, they haven't even released the cheap train tickets for that time yet. It can be done. Think positive Leanne! You can and will be there.

It is also about £200 for a travelodge on the night of Ed (£180 in City Road, just beside Liverpool St for example). If you didn't mind sharing, 4 people could book a family room at about £50 each (by the time you pay for a return ticket from Reading, it could be the same...). Or you could book out a dorm in a hostel with a few others either at maybe £40-ish. Just some ideas for ye!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Thanks peeps, I'll have a think about what's best to do :D
    (Rita, thank you - MWAH! I know there will be muchos people after chez Rita, :) )

Sorry, my head and heart are all a bit confuddled at the minute xx
    hey peeps...
    hey peeps...
    Hey Dimitris, hope you're well hunny. x
    dottles wrote:

Heart.... always go with yer heart :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:lol: - MWAH! (my heart is a bit bruised at the second)
    dottles wrote:
    hey peeps...
    Hey Dimitris, hope you're well hunny. x
    im good :)
    dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:lol: - MWAH! (my heart is a bit bruised at the second)

As is mine darlin'! Lets be bruised together :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!