Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Evening peeps!
    How are you all? I had a big meeting today, one of those that the outcome would set the scene for how difficult/awkward my working life is in the future...but it seemed to go well. Lots of good feedback - hurrah!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Howdy peeps,
    Ok this is a bit of a soppy thank you...
    Two years ago today my beloved Grandad died, I was heartbroken..and didn't really know any of you lot.
    Anyway, you all showed me care and compassion, and after reading through some of my earlier posts in this thread put up with my constant blathering (rather like now). He was a great man, I miss him.
    I feel very lucky to have encountered so many people through this band and this thread, and now have friendships which really do mean a lot to me.
    Grandad said to me after the Manchester gig in 09 that he was happy that I was happy, he'd not seen me like that in long time. It took me a while, until after the '10 tour to see that for myself.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    dottles wrote:
    Howdy peeps,
    Ok this is a bit of a soppy thank you...
    Two years ago today my beloved Grandad died, I was heartbroken..and didn't really know any of you lot.
    Anyway, you all showed me care and compassion, and after reading through some of my earlier posts in this thread put up with my constant blathering (rather like now). He was a great man, I miss him.
    I feel very lucky to have encountered so many people through this band and this thread, and now have friendships which really do mean a lot to me.
    Grandad said to me after the Manchester gig in 09 that he was happy that I was happy, he'd not seen me like that in long time. It took me a while, until after the '10 tour to see that for myself.

:-D :-D :-D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Aww Leanne hang on to the good memories.
  • Options
    Oh I do, and today has been more about smiling adn being lucky to have had someone so amazing in my life. I am sentimental softy at heart...obviously none of you know that as I am known for my hard unapproachable exterior :lol:
    Those on facebook can laugh at the old photos of me my cousin dug out whilst spending time with my Nan earlier!

Another good meeting at work today, I could get used to this!

I got to book tour flights soon, anyone been booking (or looking)?
    :D

p.s. Claire, tis nice to see you around here my lovely x
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    Glad to hear today's been a good one Leanne, days like that are never that easy, but become more so with time.

Flight booked from Berlin to Stockholm today, good job I did as it's now saying there's very few left at the cheaper price! I've not even looked at flights back from Copenhagen/options after Copenhagen as there's no point until I know what leave I will have. It'll only annoy me as I'll see what I could have saved.

Our work will only honour pre-booked package holidays and only then if you can prove that you booked them before the summer leave request form is issued to all staff! Why they don't just stop us having leave I don't know, as they make it too much hassle to book!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    ilockyer wrote:
    Glad to hear today's been a good one Leanne, days like that are never that easy, but become more so with time.

Flight booked from Berlin to Stockholm today, good job I did as it's now saying there's very few left at the cheaper price! I've not even looked at flights back from Copenhagen/options after Copenhagen as there's no point until I know what leave I will have. It'll only annoy me as I'll see what I could have saved.

Our work will only honour pre-booked package holidays and only then if you can prove that you booked them before the summer leave request form is issued to all staff! Why they don't just stop us having leave I don't know, as they make it too much hassle to book!

Ive booked all but Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Oslo.

if youre flying Berlin to Stockholm, sounds like the train idea is out (at least for you) ? I have been thinking of doing the same; more time to see Stockholm if I just fly.......
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Ive booked all but Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Oslo.

if youre flying Berlin to Stockholm, sounds like the train idea is out (at least for you) ? I have been thinking of doing the same; more time to see Stockholm if I just fly.......

The train idea was killed the day the band very inconsiderately added a second show! :lol:
    I booked the 19:40 flight from Berlin with FlySAS. The others were uber early or later and I reasoned that after 2 shows in a row even I probably couldn't manage a 6am flight!

I don't have to book flights from Stockholm to Oslo as I've nabbed the spare seat in Chris (Evolutionary)'s van. Oslo to Copenhagen was booked a while back.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i booked the early flight because i want some time to see stockholm 8-)
    Stockholm to Oslo i am on the bus, and Oslo to Copenhagen i am in the van with Chris :?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    If anyone has/knows someone who has a spare ticket for Manchester 1, UKDAVE needs one. His ticket buddy fell through and we want him and both his sons there!

Many thanks - xxxxx
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    You're just so much better organised than me ;)

Thankyou Rita and yes please if there is a spare M1 ticket out there it would provide some peace of mind, we're looking into transferring the original tix if at all possible which might actually mean I have one extra but in the mean time... save a father from choosing which of his sons gets in on night one... :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    ... save a father from choosing which of his sons gets in on night one... :roll:

You could always let the sons fight it out!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    ... save a father from choosing which of his sons gets in on night one... :roll:

Don't say that!! No-one will offer tickets then... :lol: you've just lost your angel status ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Don't say that!! No-one will offer tickets then... :lol: you've just lost your angel status ;)

Correction... we don't want the sons to fight it out! They are both lovely and both should be there. :angel:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Correction... we don't want the sons to fight it out! They are both lovely and both should be there. :angel:

:thumbup: :angel:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:

It will lovely seeing you guys again (and I'll have a look at the tat.. well part of the tat :oops: !). Did this thread just become the Dublin 'talk any kind of crap' thread? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:

It will lovely seeing you guys again (and I'll have a look at the tat.. well part of the tat :oops: !). Did this thread just become the Dublin 'talk any kind of crap' thread? :mrgreen:

Yes will be great to catch up with everybody and having the 2 nights works really well for us as I can slow down for a day... :oops: Not sure if he'd show you ALL of the tatt, even if you asked really nicely... ;)

And... er... yes sorry everybody... heading back to Dublin to talk crap... :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    :lol::lol: you're welcome to stay in here :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Friday at last! Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? Mine is going to be very quiet, since I have next to no money left and still 11 days until payday!
  • Options
    Lovely evening out with my Uncle (who usually resides in the Midlands) last night. We wnt to the beach cafe/restaurant so great food, copious amounts of alcohol and most important good to spend time with him.

I did however wake up this morning, full of cold, painful sinuses, painful skin(wtf??) and thus am feeling incredibly sorry for myself! My weekend shall consist of a lot of day and night nurse I suspect!

Hope everyone is well :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Oh I do, and today has been more about smiling adn being lucky to have had someone so amazing in my life. I am sentimental softy at heart...obviously none of you know that as I am known for my hard unapproachable exterior :lol:
    Those on facebook can laugh at the old photos of me my cousin dug out whilst spending time with my Nan earlier!

Another good meeting at work today, I could get used to this!

I got to book tour flights soon, anyone been booking (or looking)?
    :D

p.s. Claire, tis nice to see you around here my lovely x

I am taking the Better Half to Prague and got a good deal with B.A :o Although you may well be going from France and on to Germany?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hello my favourite greek dude!!!!

Hello all my euro peeps!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    redrock wrote:
    Hello my favourite greek dude!!!!

Hello all my euro peeps!
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ello peeps, I have a nasty cold, it could be bordering on man flu!
    Hence feeling very sorry for myself, coughing and spluttering, feeling shaky and lightheaded - great huh!
    I hope everyone else is well!!
  • Options
    Not man flu Leanne!!!! :o That's the worse!

Hot toddy, snuggly blanket and freaky/vampire movie on and you're sorted for tonight....
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well, today has been quite stressful. Thank goodness eventually arrived at my sisters and a cuddle with my new nephew made things seem a lot better :)
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Well, today has been quite stressful. Thank goodness eventually arrived at my sisters and a cuddle with my new nephew made things seem a lot better :)

I saw from various posts on Facebook that you'd had quite an eventful one! At least you got there OK :D
  • Options
    Thanks Rita, I think I've managed to pull muscles from coughing, it's daft!

Claire, likewise I saw your hubbies fb update so huggle, and I hope the rest of the time with the new bubba and your sister is all good
  • Options
    Now booked a Manchester hotel for the Friday night as I've managed to score a ticket for Bruce Springsteen at the Etihad! Been checking Ticketmaster periodically and tonight I got lucky. Now I only need to score two tickets for Tom Petty on the Monday in London! :D