euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    hey..

Huggles my friend :D
    love back
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    hey..

Alright dude, enjoyed your few days respite from the pit? Hope all's good and it's not too hot in Greece (feel free to send that heat our way!).

How's everyone? Am expecting, well, hoping that my Seattle 1 poster will arrive tomorrow, since it's cleared customs. Just hope it survives the UK postal system!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all!

Leanne - hope work isn't stressing you out too much and is not so horrid!

Titch - I didn't think you could have hot 'beach days' in Scotland ;):lol:

Went to see Much Ado About Nothing with David Tennant yesterday... one sexy scotsman! :mrgreen:

Hey,
    It's ok..ploughing on regardless in a way. Glad I have the trip over the pond to look forward to.
    How's stuff with you? I guess one aspect is fine, he defo is a sexy Scot.... for me Ewan McGregor is another. He could just look at me and talk and I would melt.

Hot beach days in Scotland -- really? Mind you it's been lovely down here too. Cornwall looks at its best in the sunshine.

The PJ20 film trail thingy made me smile, looks good! :mrgreen: Plus Yvonne was very naughty and bought me the Foos doc :D Oh and my new PJ related pendant is coming along nicely to go to PJ20 with my three crooked hearts (pics on Facebook). My Chicago 1 poster should be somewhere with the royal mail too...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all!

Leanne - hope work isn't stressing you out too much and is not so horrid!

Titch - I didn't think you could have hot 'beach days' in Scotland ;):lol:

Went to see Much Ado About Nothing with David Tennant yesterday... one sexy scotsman! :mrgreen:

Hey,
    It's ok..ploughing on regardless in a way. Glad I have the trip over the pond to look forward to.
    How's stuff with you? I guess one aspect is fine, he defo is a sexy Scot.... for me Ewan McGregor is another. He could just look at me and talk and I would melt.

Hot beach days in Scotland -- really? Mind you it's been lovely down here too. Cornwall looks at its best in the sunshine.

The PJ20 film trail thingy made me smile, looks good! :mrgreen: Plus Yvonne was very naughty and bought me the Foos doc :D Oh and my new PJ related pendant is coming along nicely to go to PJ20 with my three crooked hearts (pics on Facebook). My Chicago 1 poster should be somewhere with the royal mail too...

Another one to add to the framing pile! Have transferred my credit card balance to a new card, so won't have to pay interest and can clear it off much faster. Have to go out tomorrow, so going to withdraw savings so I can buy the CDN $ money card, then I just have to wait for travel day! Also have the joy of an eye test, waste of time since there's nothing new they can tell me!

Once tour is over, I need to start a saving fund going for the next tour, my plans are to look at framing some of my posters and start getting the vinyl (beyond the reissues). Saw a few at reasonable prices and nearly went for it, but common sense prevailed (for once!).
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    for me Ewan McGregor is another. He could just look at me and talk and I would melt.

mmmmmm....... Ewan..... **goes off in dreamworld**. It's the accent as well....
    Just for Leanne and Rita...

70621723_5116.jpg

and something Scottish for us blokes too:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz4HqE-Fh9vJW-6q1BAzLUzZ95UcggANdalvU_Ij8p3Ap18Dmv
    ilockyer wrote:
    Just for Leanne and Rita...
    :lol::lol: Looking rough there (love the film, though)!

Now... really... for Leanne and me...
    ewan-mcgregor-kurt-cobain-movie-1-17-07.jpg
    And another for me (and maybe Leanne...)
    E1.jpg

Now THAT's Ewan. Naturally, he's nothing compared to our fine Scotsmen on this thread!!!!

ilockyer wrote:
    ...so going to withdraw savings so I can buy the CDN $ money card, ......

my plans are to look at framing some of my posters and start getting the vinyl (beyond the reissues).

Money is not going to be in your account long enough for any interest!! :lol:
    Oh Rita, *swoon* :):)
    I am terrible for accents, certain ones make me weak at the knees.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    So am I, Leanne! Some make me weak at the knees but others make me want to run a mile in the opposite direction!

Hope all is well with the Euro lot!
    good afternoon :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Thank crunchie it's Friday!
    I can't wait to leave the office today, means the end of the mare of a week :lol:
    I had a lovely catch up with a friend last night followed by Rick Steins fish and chips (fab food, awful service!)
    No plans for the weekend at all...well other than traipsing to the sorting office to pick up my Chicago poster as I have been stung by customs, probably gonna cost me another £15 :(

How's you guys?
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    I can't wait to leave the office today, means the end of the mare of a week :lol:
    I had a lovely catch up with a friend last night followed by Rick Steins fish and chips (fab food, awful service!)
    No plans for the weekend at all...well other than traipsing to the sorting office to pick up my Chicago poster as I have been stung by customs, probably gonna cost me another £15 :(

How's you guys?
    hello hello!! You have a DVD to watch :D:D you won't regret it!
    I'm gonna get my Chi town posters soon, too, stung by the customs bee as well :( otherwise no real plans for the weekend , a family Birthday on Sunday only. But I'm off work the whole next week :D and I'm planning to do some more re-doing again :lol: seems I can do this forever and alway ;)
  • All right folks?

It's very warm up here in Moshi but it's quite cold and raining at my placement. It's in a place called Uru which is a little distance up Mount Kilimanjaro hence the cold and rain. On a clear day I can see the mountain from my bedroom window 8-)

Our school have had exams this week so no teaching for us there. We went to a nursery school on Tuesday and played with the little children. It's a mixture of African and Indian children. We then taught some first aid to the teachers after the kiddy winks went home.

We were meant to teach at a school in Moshi itself yesterday and today but it rained so much the roads into town was really muddy so the buses (Daladala) weren't running so we were stranded!

Went to a local food place today and had chips mayai (chip omellette) and then they tried to charge us a ridiculous amount. It should be about 3000 Tsh but they tried to charge us 8000 Tsh! For that price you can eat at a western style resteraunt so we had an argument. All good fun.

Internet is a little slow here, power cuts happen on a daily basis so candles in coke bottles (that's old style glass bottles, not cans!) No shower at placement so it's a 'gentleman's wash' out of a bucket. Rice and baked beans for dinner. Yum :P

Might update next week. I currently have no plans for next weekend, may take the opportunity to relax and do some reading. Not read a page since I've got here.

Love to all

Dave
    71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

How's you guys?
    hello hello!! You have a DVD to watch :D:D you won't regret it!
    I'm gonna get my Chi town posters soon, too, stung by the customs bee as well :( otherwise no real plans for the weekend , a family Birthday on Sunday only. But I'm off work the whole next week :D and I'm planning to do some more re-doing again :lol: seems I can do this forever and alway ;)

I do indeed have a DVD to watch :D:D and I have promised to do a couple of CDs for friends.
    A week off huh, that'll be fab. I have no days of now until I go away, but I do have some flexi hours banked so could have a day if I decide I need to escape! It is my cousins wedding next Saturday, I am only going to the evening 'do' but my parents/aunts etc are going all day so I expect impromptu fashion shows in my house this weekend :lol::lol:
    All right folks?

It's very warm up here in Moshi but it's quite cold and raining at my placement. It's in a place called Uru which is a little distance up Mount Kilimanjaro hence the cold and rain. On a clear day I can see the mountain from my bedroom window 8-)

Our school have had exams this week so no teaching for us there. We went to a nursery school on Tuesday and played with the little children. It's a mixture of African and Indian children. We then taught some first aid to the teachers after the kiddy winks went home.

We were meant to teach at a school in Moshi itself yesterday and today but it rained so much the roads into town was really muddy so the buses (Daladala) weren't running so we were stranded!

Went to a local food place today and had chips mayai (chip omellette) and then they tried to charge us a ridiculous amount. It should be about 3000 Tsh but they tried to charge us 8000 Tsh! For that price you can eat at a western style resteraunt so we had an argument. All good fun.

Internet is a little slow here, power cuts happen on a daily basis so candles in coke bottles (that's old style glass bottles, not cans!) No shower at placement so it's a 'gentleman's wash' out of a bucket. Rice and baked beans for dinner. Yum :P

Might update next week. I currently have no plans for next weekend, may take the opportunity to relax and do some reading. Not read a page since I've got here.

Love to all

Dave

Sounds amazing, absorb every minute.
    missing ya! xx
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ooo very exciting, Dave! My friend is teaching in India and sends mails like yours about the adventures, I love reading about it!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    hi all.. :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yo Seamus! What's crackin'?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Hub. wrote:
    Hi Dimi, Hi everyone. :wave:

Better late than never, it's sunny again. :D
    ;)
    morning Europe..
    Sunny morning Dimi (and all)!
    Morning all, how is everyone today?
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    hi all- good here today, up in sunny scotland. going to the beach today - again. thats twice in 1 week, wtf is going on up here, not complaining though.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Hi there, still sunny here, since yesterday.

Finally booked two tickets for "Rock En Seine", in Paris, to go and see the Foo Fighters (I couldn't afford PJ20 so I made do with it: I hope it's gonna be great because the FF are the only interesting band, this day).
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Hub. wrote:
    Hi there, still sunny here, since yesterday.

Finally booked two tickets for "Rock En Seine", in Paris, to go and see the Foo Fighters (I couldn't afford PJ20 so I made do with it: I hope it's gonna be great because the FF are the only interesting band, this day).
    no worries, Hub, the Foos are on FIRE these days and you will really enjoy the gig! Promised!! :D
    hub,now i know,ill not allowed rain..all will be ok ;)
    Hub, you will enjoy the Foos. I saw them twice in a month and loved it!!

I had my feet nibbled/sucked by fish today :D:D it was fab.

Hope you're all well :D

Dimitris, excited about your trip away yet?