euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Hi Peeps,
    Gosh I'm a tired bunny today, I could snuggle up in a ball and sleep for an age.

Jen, good to hear plans are under way...seems you've started early how about planning one at each show..tho we might have to contribute to you attending each show ;):lol::lol:

People at work etc keep asking me about going over the pond and if I am excited... :oops: :oops: I'm not :oops: :oops: I expect that will change but not at all at the minute.

You are not looking forward to it because you feel like your cheating on me and my other husband...... No not Dimi the other one. Mr Riley :lol:

Phil, you're somewhere close the truth, what on earth will I do without you pair???

Well you could tell stories about a little man who jumps out of coffins at his own funeral? :lol:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

You are not looking forward to it because you feel like your cheating on me and my other husband...... No not Dimi the other one. Mr Riley :lol:

Phil, you're somewhere close the truth, what on earth will I do without you pair???

Well you could tell stories about a little man who jumps out of coffins at his own funeral? :lol:

That still makes me laugh even now, actually started laughing outloud reading your sentance... mental that it is over a year ago.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Well you could tell stories about a little man who jumps out of coffins at his own funeral? :lol:[/quote]

That still makes me laugh even now, actually started laughing outloud reading your sentance... mental that it is over a year ago.[/quote]

It feels like yesterday! How are you mt lovely?
    philthehip wrote:
    It feels like yesterday! How are you mt lovely?

Yeah it does, though sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago!
    I'm ok, same old same old hunny, went down a mine team building for work yesterday, managed to catch up with Sian and Dave, Pippa etc at My Morning Jacket at the weekend which was cool.
    Presuming Mr Riley is already having a fab time on his adventure!
    You? Miss you round here...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi all! Double hi to those that haven't been around for ages! :mrgreen:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dottles wrote:
    People at work etc keep asking me about going over the pond and if I am excited... :oops: :oops: I'm not :oops: :oops:

When I was heading to NY or Seattle, I wasn't excited at all. And tbh, in Seattle it didn't hit me at all till well after the shows were finished :lol: It was the day after and we were all in Easy Street Records watching the Meat Puppets do an acoustic show and then it was like *WHAM*... motherfuck, I'm in fuckin Seattle! Fuuuuuuuck! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    People at work etc keep asking me about going over the pond and if I am excited... :oops: :oops: I'm not :oops: :oops:

When I was heading to NY or Seattle, I wasn't excited at all. And tbh, in Seattle it didn't hit me at all till well after the shows were finished :lol: It was the day after and we were all in Easy Street Records watching the Meat Puppets do an acoustic show and then it was like *WHAM*... motherfuck, I'm in fuckin Seattle! Fuuuuuuuck! :D

When I went to NYC in 2008 (not for Pearl Jam) any excitement was quickly dampened by US immigration. They had 3 planes arrive at terminal 7 within 15 minutes of each other and ONE customs bod to deal with the whole lot. After 2.5 hours queuing the only feeling was relief at being able to get our stuff and hit the subway. The excitement about going to New York actually hit us on the return from our trip to Toronto, which was halfway through the holiday. We proceeded to find the hostel, dump bags, and visit the pub round the corner for a quick drink... and ended up rolling out at about 3am realising we hadn't eaten for 16 hours!

This is going to be a fun trip though, really looking forward to it, but at the same time not uber excited as yet! That will come when I see the PJ20 setlists come in and realise I'm off to see them very very soon!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Evening peeps,
    How are you all doing?
    Payday tomorrow, though why I'm even remotely excited about this I really don't know, since it'll be gone before I've got it!

Downloaded a Frank Turner bootleg this afternoon which I'm going to listen to in a bit, it's a soundboard recording, which means it'll probably sound like shite as most unofficial soundboards do these days.
    ilockyer wrote:
    Payday tomorrow, though why I'm even remotely excited about this I really don't know, since it'll be gone before I've got it!

Downloaded a Frank Turner bootleg this afternoon which I'm going to listen to in a bit, it's a soundboard recording, which means it'll probably sound like shite as most unofficial soundboards do these days.

FT bootleg huh huh??
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

FT bootleg huh huh??

Yeah. You wouldn't be interested. It doesn't make him/the band sound very good at all!
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    had a busy day today, wallpapering the lobby,, god even on my holidays the wife has got me working :lol:

but nevermind off to aberdeen tomorrow to see airbourne/ IRON MAIDEN.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    edited July 2011
    had a busy day today, wallpapering the lobby,, god even on my holidays the wife has got me working :lol:

but nevermind off to aberdeen tomorrow to see airbourne/ IRON MAIDEN.

Maiden should be pretty awesome, am fairly sure Gary (veddertown) was off to see them tonight. Hopefully we'll hear from both of you as to how awesome they are!

Finally managed, thanks to a "delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence", to get my printer working again today. So I've just printed out everything I have already for the trip later this year. Figured it made sense to do this before it packs up again!
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    yes he was, and he was going to aberdeen also, but don't think that he is now, pity, i fancied meeting up again... and no repeat of mudhoney this time.. ha ha.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning all! Have the day off so just got up! Feels good :mrgreen:

Titch - enjoy your gig! Say hi to Gary if you see him :mrgreen: (saw the pic of you and your lil' one on another thread - she's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!)
    redrock wrote:

Sounds like the best possible use of a day off!

I've just taken the plunge and ordered a phone upgrade... so tempers will undoubtedly be frayed here when I realise I'm too technologically challenged to operate the thing! Never had a touch screen phone before... still, shiny new toy, it's all good!
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    ilockyer wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I've just taken the plunge and ordered a phone upgrade... so tempers will undoubtedly be frayed here when I realise I'm too technologically challenged to operate the thing! Never had a touch screen phone before... still, shiny new toy, it's all good!
    I love those kind of shiny new toys :D which one did you get, Ian?
    71step28 wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I love those kind of shiny new toys :D which one did you get, Ian?

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is what I went for, on account of I thought the large screen would be quite a good idea for me! Luckily, it takes the same size SIM as the Blackberry so I shall hang onto that and use it for festivals etc.
    good! It's an android driven one, right? Android is really good :) The big screen is good for you, indeed, but its better to use when you text/mailing a lot anyway (when touch screen only). I will get a new phone in late October and I'm already keeping my eyes open ;) as I am a fan of HTC I already something in mind
    71step28 wrote:
    good! It's an android driven one, right? Android is really good :) The big screen is good for you, indeed, but its better to use when you text/mailing a lot anyway (when touch screen only). I will get a new phone in late October and I'm already keeping my eyes open ;) as I am a fan of HTC I already something in mind

I looked at the HTC Sensation, but having read a few reviews of both, opted for the Samsung as it is, by all accounts, faster. And that matters when you're using your phone at work when you shouldn't be! :D

Oh, and well done on not buying the tour poster!
    ilockyer wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

I looked at the HTC Sensation, but having read a few reviews of both, opted for the Samsung as it is, by all accounts, faster. And that matters when you're using your phone at work when you shouldn't be! :D

:lol::lol: yes, I'm dead proud on myself ;)

is actually is the HTC Sensation which I'm opting for :D it's €99 with a 24 month contract at the moment and I will see how much it still is in about 3 months
    Evening peeps... :wave: :wave:
    71step28 wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

:lol::lol: yes, I'm dead proud on myself ;)

is actually is the HTC Sensation which I'm opting for :D it's €99 with a 24 month contract at the moment and I will see how much it still is in about 3 months

I was looking to reduce my spending, but I managed to find a deal which was £1.00 more than my current one and included the phone for free, I refuse to pay for the phone itself! Have gone for a 24 month contract as well though, always do. Am also happy I've managed to avoid getting an iPhone (it was never an option!)!

Evening Leanne.
    ilockyer wrote:

I was looking to reduce my spending, but I managed to find a deal which was £1.00 more than my current one and included the phone for free, I refuse to pay for the phone itself! Have gone for a 24 month contract as well though, always do. Am also happy I've managed to avoid getting an iPhone (it was never an option!)!

Evening Leanne.

:thumbup: :clap: :-D ...... :lol:
    I luffs my iPhone! :D:D

Gotta decide about getting to Heathrow on the 1st... take the day off and hotel at the airport the night before, sleeper train it up or National Express coach it up.
    dottles wrote:

Gotta decide about getting to Heathrow on the 1st... take the day off and hotel at the airport the night before, sleeper train it up or National Express coach it up.
    maybe there's a nice gig in London on the 1st, have a look if you can combine that, then I would do the first option :D
    71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

maybe there's a nice gig in London on the 1st, have a look if you can combine that, then I would do the first option :D

Sleeper Train is a better option than the National (non) Express coach! You can sleep on the way to London, why use up another days leave that you don't need to? There might be something you need it for... I was going to take the sleeper option to get up there for my flight on the 6th, but it only cost me £29.55 for train and Travelodge so it was a no-brainer really!

Don't suppose you know anyone who'd want a ticket to the Revival Tour gig at Shepherds Bush? We've just received the rugby clubs fixture list and there's a home game against the Ospreys on the same night.
    back from iron maiden... was fantastic, and i'm bloody knackered, got right to the barrier so that was good, right in front of where steve harris and janick gers were, so that was good, that yanick was pretty crazy.

i never saw gary, because he decided not to go, pity, anyway, suppose i should finish my beer, and go to bed, my head has got that funny after a loud gig buzz. :D
    back from iron maiden... was fantastic, and i'm bloody knackered, got right to the barrier so that was good, right in front of where steve harris and janick gers were, so that was good, that yanick was pretty crazy.

i never saw gary, because he decided not to go, pity, anyway, suppose i should finish my beer, and go to bed, my head has got that funny after a loud gig buzz. :D

Come on people... I found this on page 2. This is not good enough! :D

I saw a post from Gary on Facebook that he really enjoyed Maiden the other night, so guess he only did the one show. Sounds like they've been on great form as ever. I really like The Final Frontier, best album since Brave New World IMO.

The new phone arrived, and so far no temper tantrums, apart from when I realised that my Blackberry wouldn't allow me to bluetooth contacts to the new phone!
    Page 2 :shock: :lol::lol:
    I booked the trains for heathrow this afternoon.
    No plans for this weekend, still gutted I didn't get to see Frank Turner tonight, oh well.
    It seems I have been feeling unwell a lot recently, feel like someone has sucked the life outta me and rubbed grit in my eyes, but it seems to be in waves.

Anyway, glad you had a good time Robert :D and Ian, I hope you're still :D:D with your new toy!