Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    redrock wrote:
    'good afternoon all! Hope all is well in Euroland :D

Anybody here ever been to the Hop Farm Music Festival in Kent?

Not been myself Rita, have friends who went in 2008 I think it was, to see Neil Young and had a blast, but a subsequent trip last year wasn't so highly regarded...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Not been myself Rita, have friends who went in 2008 I think it was, to see Neil Young and had a blast, but a subsequent trip last year wasn't so highly regarded...

Saturday line up - Morrisey, Lou Reed, Iggy & the Stooges, Patti Smith, Newton Faulkner... F*** me!
  • Options
    Yeah, they seem to get good line ups and it is a 'grass roots' fest, no sponsorship and alike. I think it's only been running a few years so to get the names they do, they must have some balls.

My friend who went last year said the organisation was hit and miss, and Bob Dylan was defo in the twilight of his career performances...

I shall be at the Foos that Saturday (yet to arrange anything for that yet - eeps!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

I shall be at the Foos that Saturday (yet to arrange anything for that yet - eeps!)

Oh bugger... the same week-end.... I'm doing the Foos on the Sunday. That would be way too tight....
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Hey people,

Well thats me off to Oz tomorrow, not looking forward to the flights! :x
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Hey people,

:D I just sent you a text!
    Anyhoo, have a fab and safe trip - give my love to Eddie when you see him!
    You'll be fine on the flights, load up your ipod, settle down with the inflight movies and see what inflight free booze there is! :D:D
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Saturday line up - Morrisey, Lou Reed, Iggy & the Stooges, Patti Smith, Newton Faulkner... F*** me!

That isn't a bad line-up at all. Not sure about Morrissey headlining over Lou Reed, Iggy and Patti Smith though.

Mixed feedback from last years festival from what I can gather - check out the forums aat www.efestivals.co.uk for comments etc from last year.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah, they seem to get good line ups and it is a 'grass roots' fest, no sponsorship and alike. I think it's only been running a few years so to get the names they do, they must have some balls.

My friend who went last year said the organisation was hit and miss, and Bob Dylan was defo in the twilight of his career performances...

Hop Farm is run by Vince Power, the guy who until recently owned Mean Fiddler, and he has huge wads of cash available to book artists, hence the Eagles even with their huge fee. Not to mention the contacts he has earned over years in the music business. Good for him though that he's back to promoting without sponsorship from insertnameofweakandtastelesslagerhere.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Hop Farm is run by Vince Power, the guy who until recently owned Mean Fiddler, and he has huge wads of cash available to book artists, hence the Eagles even with their huge fee. Not to mention the contacts he has earned over years in the music business. Good for him though that he's back to promoting without sponsorship from insertnameofweakandtastelesslagerhere.

Aaah, that makes sense!

Good time at the rugby?
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    evening all, been a while.... everybody ok i guess.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options

Hello stranger :wave:

How are ya?
  • Options
    hey. I know.... bad me. how is everything. same ol' same ol' i guess.

Thats just how it is here, nothing new, just living along, nothing exciting happen. only thing of note in the last while, was skidding on black ice and crashing my car into a field on my way to work one night, back in january. i was okay, i bit of whiplash, and car survived. but other than that. not much been happening.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Hey, long time no see...
    How you doing? all good I hope :D

Talking of strangers, I emailed Marco today, told him he needs to pop in here so we know he's still around!

Dave, good birthday?
  • Options
    Hey people,

Have a fantastic time!!!!
  • Options
    Marco indeed needs to get his ass in here. Not spoken to him in an ice age.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

That isn't a bad line-up at all. Not sure about Morrissey headlining over Lou Reed, Iggy and Patti Smith though.

Not sure about Morrissey over the others either but those are some of my favourite artists...

Anyway, I've got tix for the foos at Milton Keynes the next day, so I don't think I'll be going.
  • Options
    Hey people,

hey mike, incase i don't catch you on facebook,before tomorrow, enjoy yourself, and i'll catch you when you get back.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i will listen out for the loud drunken scot who is not dunk :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

Watch it! ;):D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options

Have a good time dude :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hey people,

Have a fantastic time!!!!

Thanks,
    I'm sure it will be awesome! :)8-)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    hey freaks!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hey freaks!!!! :)
    hey dimi, been a while, all good down in greece i hope
  • Options
    'morning everyone!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859

:shock: what shows are you doing?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    morning all!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

:shock: what shows are you doing?
    just in case you don't catch mike again I know he's doing 3 brisbane shows, the newcastle show, and 3 others, can't remember which, but could be sydney. but i know he told me 7 shows in all.....

LUCKY BUGGER
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Not sure about Morrissey over the others either but those are some of my favourite artists...

Anyway, I've got tix for the foos at Milton Keynes the next day, so I don't think I'll be going.

All the more reason to go, think what amazing weekend that would be!
  • Options
    Evening all, how are we all doing?
    :D:D
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Marco indeed needs to get his ass in here. Not spoken to him in an ice age.

maybe he got lost in the nickleback forums on his way here....

hey everybody