Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    what do we really think PJ are gonna be doing?[/quote]

2 nights at Alpine Valley, precursor to a full Canadian tour (but probably starting at the Gorge, as it'd be too cold to finish there!). Canada could tempt me... the money would go further there than it would on a festival in the US.[/quote]

Yeah i'm thinking a few Canada shows in stead of the festival if me money will let me! :P[/quote]

It's the sensible decision, flights to Canada will almost certainly be cheaper, might even save the cost of an extra show in flight costs alone![/quote]

I think you are right there dude, i am leaving for Brisbane a week on Monday, so wish me luck! lol.
    Hopefully i can see some of you guys the end of the year, Canada!!! 8-)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Would love to do South America

Me too...

but I am unsure about the huge venues...

did you get my text?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    What's everyone up to?[/quote]
    I'm chatting with a few forum members via PM and being thirsty! Having a busy spell at work right now, just about to re-stock soon with 250'000 new fish so much getting prepared going on and no help available. Human Planet is on and it's really awesome! What about you lady?? :D[/quote]

gary remember to get a qotsa ticket tomoz! ;)[/quote]
    Oh aye!! I was thinking about Dublin too but I'll have to go back there another time. I'd rather go back when it's warmer so hoping for R.E.M. in the summer... :)[/quote]

Not a big fan of Dublin but that would be cool Gary!
    I hope you get to see REM this year, i'm trying to see who else is playing in Sydney while i am there.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I've always fancied Canada above America...I am not sure if they will do a Canadian tour though.
    Gorge would interest me, festival does but depends on who/what/where ...
    and what do we think about South America?

South America would be cool.

Leanne, you decided if you're going to try for tickets for QoTSA as I'm sure you were thinking about it?

Yes but I love Frank more... dilemma o'clock!
    See QoTSA in Manc and a northern FTHC gig could work???

and before anyone says it...yes it is my fault for living in the arse end of nowhere! :lol:;)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    It's gig season. I keep getting emails about gigs I can't go to :twisted:

STOP TEASING ME INTERWEB!!!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I've always fancied Canada above America...I am not sure if they will do a Canadian tour though.
    Gorge would interest me, festival does but depends on who/what/where ...
    and what do we think about South America?

South America would be cool.

Leanne, you decided if you're going to try for tickets for QoTSA as I'm sure you were thinking about it?

Yes but I love Frank more... dilemma o'clock!
    See QoTSA in Manc and a northern FTHC gig could work???

and before anyone says it...yes it is my fault for living in the arse end of nowhere! :lol:;)

Frank Turner tours more then QOTSA but QOTSA are touring their first album aren't they? Depends how much you like that album. See Queens and wait for Frank in Novermber?
  • Options
    I was thinking about this...see if anything PJ happens then I might not have the cash in November especially as there might be a wedding attendance which will require travel to the midlands....
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Cheers me dear, will have a looky

Oooh, me likey the looky :think: :think:
    Post edited by dottles on
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    dottles wrote:

Night and Day's a great venue, went to a battle of the bands type thing there a few years back and had a great time. Definitely a cool spot to see Frank. Hopefully when I'm back at work some space may have appeared in the leave calendar... won't be holding my breath though!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Options -
    Manc - tis mid week, so would have to take time off but the venue looks cool
    Stoke - ummm, no...
    Wolverhampton - no idea, never been there, but it's a Sunday so only Monday off required
    Bristol/Bath - closest but often as expensive as going further up and would still have to take time off/overnight, Komedia meant to be good...
    Portsmouth - b/h Weekend...but no...
    Winchester - not a cat in hells chance of tickets :lol::lol:
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Night and Day's a great venue, went to a battle of the bands type thing there a few years back and had a great time. Definitely a cool spot to see Frank. Hopefully when I'm back at work some space may have appeared in the leave calendar... won't be holding my breath though!

Yeah just can't afford it. Ticket, train, beer ect it all adds up. I'll catch him next time I guess.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Options -
    Manc - tis mid week, so would have to take time off but the venue looks cool

Take from the Wednesday to Friday off. Do QoTSA and Frank. Cheap train tickets aren't on sale yet but you should be able to get a ticket for £33.00 each way if you booked when they go on sale (in the next 2-3 weeks). Only problem is the Saturday would involve a bus replacement between Birmingham and Gloucester. If you went down the hostel route, the place those of us in Manchester last month used has a single room ensuite which would set you back £170 for the 4 nights.
  • Options
    Can't really as I have 11 days off in April... with Easter/Royal wedding and leave, plus am going away later in the month/beginning of June with my best friend as a joint birthday celebration...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Can't really as I have 11 days off in April... with Easter/Royal wedding and leave, plus am going away later in the month/beginning of June with my best friend as a joint birthday celebration...

If you will be gallivanting all over the country... :D:D:D

QoTSA Manchester and then Wolves on the way home would make sense, after all, you'd be going past the venue, would be careless not to drop in!
  • Options
    Will think, got until Monday to decide.
    It looks like Ben Marwood is one of the support acts...no whatchamacalit this time.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Will think, got until Monday to decide.
    It looks like Ben Marwood is one of the support acts...no whatchamacalit this time.

QoTSA on sale is tomorrow.

Who is Ben Marwood? Never heard of him, should I have?
  • Options
    He's played with FT before, and was in the Long Live the Queen video I think...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    He's played with FT before, and was in the Long Live the Queen video I think...

Can't be any worse than Ed Harcourt was...
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning. Who's trying for QOTSA?

Leanne - happy the stuff got to you OK and that's what you wanted!
  • Options
    Morning,

I just got acouple of tickets for the QOTSA Glasgow show! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Totes failed miserably at getting QOTSA tickets for Dublin! Ah well, I never really liked the first album anyway... :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Totes failed miserably at getting QOTSA tickets for Dublin! Ah well, I never really liked the first album anyway... :lol:
    :lol:

Yeah i had tickets in my cart for Glasgow but then the website started doing funny things lol, they put some more tickets up and i managed to get 2 tickets for the 20th of May! 8-)

Good Luck in getting dublin tickets!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    yo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    yo

Hello, 8-)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    No luck for London up to now....

Yo Dimi.
  • Options
    After the noon peeps :wave: <- This is temporarily Sian btw ;)

How are we all?

Right then, who's off to Frank Turner? QOTSA?

Should be a fun old Summer for y'all :D
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Pip managed tix for QOTSA and I'm getting her spare! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Nice. I saw QOTSA a couple of years ago, they're great live.

I'm seeing Mogwai tomorrow, although it looks like on my own
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    redrock wrote:
    nice :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”