euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    I am getting over Pearl Jam hangover with the new Arcade Fire album, anyone like them?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    80gb classic

May have to get the 160 gb.

Im putting all my music on at 320kps at the min where most on my ipod is 256 or 128 so its gonna take up more space.

I really want a high capacity iPod, but I think I'll wait until there's a solid state version available. I'm amazed there's nothing bigger than 16Gb solid state so far (iPod Nano).

Definitely worth going for the highest bit-rate possible.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    mateymate wrote:
    I am getting over Pearl Jam hangover with the new Arcade Fire album, anyone like them?
    Yep indeedy, they were great at Werchter :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mateymate wrote:

Never listened to them to be honest
    dottles wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

Didn't realise they were at some of the same festivals. I first saw them upstairs at Birmingham Academy with 200 others and pretty much stood there like :o

Not at all surprised how big they have become.
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • ilockyer wrote:
    80gb classic

Im putting all my music on at 320kps at the min where most on my ipod is 256 or 128 so its gonna take up more space.

I really want a high capacity iPod, but I think I'll wait until there's a solid state version available. I'm amazed there's nothing bigger than 16Gb solid state so far (iPod Nano).

Solid state?

Is that something to do with the hard drive i.e. flash?
    edited August 2010
    mateymate wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

Didn't realise they were at some of the same festivals. I first saw them upstairs at Birmingham Academy with 200 others and pretty much stood there like :o

Not at all surprised how big they have become.

Yeah, the played before Pearl Jam, and after Them Crooked Vultures...
    They went down really well
    They're playing at Reading and Leeds festivals, I thought they were touring smaller venues over here in the autumn but there's nothing on the website.
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    ilockyer wrote:
    80gb classic

Solid state?

Exactly that. A non disk based setup.
  • ilockyer wrote:

Solid state?

Exactly that. A non disk based setup.

I take it that means it's proper Bo! ? :lol:

The problem is that the people who demand high quality are in the minority. Most people dont care and 128 kps mp3 is fine for them.
    Have just seen the good section, have all the Euro posters sold out? :?:
    mateymate wrote:

No, they are putting them up one by one...I am waiting for Dublin and Belfast to come up.
    dottles wrote:
    They're playing at Reading and Leeds festivals, I thought they were touring smaller venues over here in the autumn but there's nothing on the website.

Smaller venues? After a Readling/Leeds headline slot I would be very surprised. Would like to see them again as I like the albums, but don't want to see them outdoors or in some cavernous arena, when I saw them on the Other Stage at Glasto in 2007(?) when they played before Bjork they seemed really nervous and didn't put on a good show at all. Will give them another go though.

Reckon they'll do the usual London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow arena run and be gone.
    dottles wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

No, they are putting them up one by one...I am waiting for Dublin and Belfast to come up.

Nice one, I wasnt going to get one then I saw the Belfast one. :lol:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Smaller venues? After a Readling/Leeds headline slot I would be very surprised. Would like to see them again as I like the albums, but don't want to see them outdoors or in some cavernous arena, when I saw them on the Other Stage at Glasto in 2007(?) when they played before Bjork they seemed really nervous and didn't put on a good show at all. Will give them another go though.

Reckon they'll do the usual London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow arena run and be gone.

I reckon a big show at the 02 maybe, they would sound awesome in there.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    ilockyer wrote:
    80gb classic

I thought the new iPod used solid state memory cache now? Thats why the battery now lasts longer and there is ni skipping and jumps on track. Or am I mistaken guys?
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I'd heard they were going to do the 02 Academy run ending in Brixton, but can't see it anywhere. They're playing other 'smaller' venues in Europe in November but not here...
    philthehip wrote:
    I thought the new iPod used solid state memory cache now? Thats why the battery now lasts longer and there is ni skipping and jumps on track. Or am I mistaken guys?

The iPod Touch uses flash memory, available up to 64Gb, really should go into the Apple store and check one out, I know a few people who've heard them say that the sound quality isn't as good as the Classic or Nano, but I'd be prepared to compromise a little on that. They were probably listening through the supplied headphones, which are rubbish. Something to do the next time I venture into town.
  • 105 Artists, 7.7 Days & 25.75 gb and i've got a shit load left to do...
    I have a headache :( do I have a coffee with Jamesons, go to bed, or something else...
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I'd heard they were going to do the 02 Academy run ending in Brixton, but can't see it anywhere. They're playing other 'smaller' venues in Europe in November but not here...

I saw them in Brixton in 2007, the venue did suit them, just the right size. Hopefully I will be able to see them there this time and get the bus home :)
    mateymate wrote:

I saw them in Brixton in 2007, the venue did suit them, just the right size. Hopefully I will be able to see them there this time and get the bus home :)
    Operation London still progressing then? :)
    dottles wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

Operation London still progressing then? :)

Yeah, just the small matter of telling work and ideally getting a job sorted before I go. My sister has only really worked and travelled (Ibiza, Sydney etc) so isn't used to the concept of giving more than a weeks notice and expects me to be down there now. :lol:
    Is there anybody out there
    philthehip wrote:
    it depends who you're looking for...
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Im looking for a shrubber
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

:? :lol: :?
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Why does noone here take me seriously :?
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Why does noone here take me seriously :?
    because either you are looking for a hedge/grass strimmer or someone with a very small penis....
  • philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Yes, shrubberies are my trade - I am a shrubber. My name
    is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

Yes, shrubberies are my trade - I am a shrubber. My name
    is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

Thats the man right there :lol: