euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Arras arrived today :D

Poland and Nijmegen should be tomorrow
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hinn wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Dimi.... if you weren't an 'old', hairy bearded/unshaven guy, my daughter would be in love with you. Nothing personal, but this guy is her 'slobbering oggling'

http://www.sam-bond.com/#/gallery/4534019183
    She looked a bit alarmed when you introduced me as that guy with the wig.

You were just very difficult to recognise without the mullet! :mrgreen:
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300

:thumbup:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

Ooooh...so I might have cheery post as well as horrible post, it will have gone home and I am still at my parents so will have to check with Nan...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Evening all :D
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
    eMJot wrote:
    hi there!!! :)
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    eMJot wrote:
    hi there!!! :)

:wave:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    redrock wrote:
    Leanne - looks like you have some very good grounds for official complaint. THEY have to confirm notice period, severance pay, holidays left, etc. This letter should have been ready and handed to you when they told you. THEY should have a copy of your contract. Write a letter saying that following your notice of redundancy, you 'took advice' (no details - just get the facts from either the net, citizens advice or your friend who has the degree) and this is what you understand is the process. Do it.... Looks like this company wouldn't be bothered if anyone got shafted in the process. And it's amazing what the two words 'took advice' can do.

You should have been served with your redundancy notice the day, or at least the day after, they advised you that you hadn't kept your position. From that date you can reasonably expect your notice period to begin. If they delay this, then in one way you win because they are paying you for longer than they would otherwise have to (and make sure to check your pay packet so they don't short change you). However, if they delay in this and another job came up which, lets just say, you got your notice one week late, and you would be required to start a week before your notice period ended, you would be in a good position to contest their actions and finish in time to start another job.

If there is insufficient work there for you to do, then they may elect to put you on gardening leave (which would be fab if the sunshine returns), if this option comes up then take it. They still have to pay you to the notice date plus your redundancy payout and can, in theory, call you back into the office.

Hopefully, at least in the short term, you might get something out of the redeployment thing but given the way you've been treated by them, I would take this as a temporary measure whatever happens and look for something better.

Sounds like you're very lucky having a friend who studied employment law... she should be charging people for her services (not you of course as her friend)!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    dottles wrote:

How cool that we were all on tour! It seems like a lifetime ago when I'm sat at the PC in work, hearing everyone else talk about going off on their holidays makes me wish it was May again and I was looking forward to mine! Come on Soundgarden, give us a few European dates so we can get planning!

Hope you all had a great weekend? I didn't get as far as the curryhouse yesterday, just had a quiet night in, not quiet for the neighbours though as I played the Dublin boot fairly loud. After that I finally watched Harry Brown, excellent film, Michael Caine doesn't make many bad films mind. Playing Belfast at the moment and then I'm undecided between Inglorious Basterds or The Godfather.
    I know the tour seems a lifetime ago now, it still makes me smile though!
    I went to the beach yesterday for lunch then down to an aunts house of coffee and cake...tonight me and my bro are having indian takeaway delivered for our dinner :D

Thanks for all the advice on the work front, another manager has stepped up to act on our behalf, bless her, and has requested an additional meeting to clarify the situation with us...fingers crossed!
    dottles wrote:
    I went to the beach yesterday for lunch then down to an aunts house of coffee and cake...tonight me and my bro are having indian takeaway delivered for our dinner :D

Thanks for all the advice on the work front, another manager has stepped up to act on our behalf, bless her, and has requested an additional meeting to clarify the situation with us...fingers crossed!
    let me put my good smile on this

yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    dottles wrote:

Sounds like things are on the up... Indian food for dinner is as good as it gets! Is it this week your folks are away, sounds like you are living well what with Indian tonight and the Dominos the other day!
    dottles wrote:

let me put my good smile on this

yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif
    yahoo1st.gif

love that smiley and it does make me smile!
    btw im so fuckin tired at work.here from 7 am .still 12 hours to go..oh... :roll:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Sounds like things are on the up... Indian food for dinner is as good as it gets! Is it this week your folks are away, sounds like you are living well what with Indian tonight and the Dominos the other day!

Ended up not getting dominos, made pizza at home instead. Yeah at the minute I am the responsible adult for my brother...stop laughing now!! His comment was well, you're an adult at least :lol: Ma and Pa are back on Wednesday night, it's been great being here if I am honest.
    Things aren't really on the up, I have just pulled myself together a bit and am trying to smile instead of crying, thought that was a better way! Plus I have amazing friends (you lot especially) and family who have all come to the fore....
    Rearviewmirror is fucking ace. That is all.
    btw im so fuckin tired at work.here from 7 am .still 12 hours to go..oh... :roll:

Awww Dimi, do you need matchsticks to keep your eyes open?
    dottles wrote:
    Ended up not getting dominos, made pizza at home instead. Yeah at the minute I am the responsible adult for my brother...stop laughing now!! His comment was well, you're an adult at least :lol: Ma and Pa are back on Wednesday night, it's been great being here if I am honest.
    Things aren't really on the up, I have just pulled myself together a bit and am trying to smile instead of crying, thought that was a better way! Plus I have amazing friends (you lot especially) and family who have all come to the fore....

You made pizza at home, does this mean you dialled out for pizza rather than went to the pizza place? :D

We had pizza hut in work on Saturday, there was a load of staff in covering the emergency line due to some major power failure somewhere and they always get food, they'd been in since 1am and were still there at 2pm when I left, even though it was free it still reminded me that Dominos is far superior!

Smiling is good, generally it will make someone else smile too, especially good if they're in the same position as you.
    ilockyer wrote:

You made pizza at home, does this mean you dialled out for pizza rather than went to the pizza place? :D

We had pizza hut in work on Saturday, there was a load of staff in covering the emergency line due to some major power failure somewhere and they always get food, they'd been in since 1am and were still there at 2pm when I left, even though it was free it still reminded me that Dominos is far superior!

Smiling is good, generally it will make someone else smile too, especially good if they're in the same position as you.
    :lol: No, made proper pizza at home - bacon, mushroom and tomato...
    Dominos is ace, I like Pizza Express too :D

Indian not turned up!!! Gonna have to ring them up in a minute!!!
  • My god, I got a new hard drive on saturday and i'm putting all my music on there. It's taking DAYS to put it all on there for fuck sake!!!

Anyone facy doing it for me?
    My god, I got a new hard drive on saturday and i'm putting all my music on there. It's taking DAYS to put it all on there for fuck sake!!!

shit,i know..i got one 2 terra only for pj full,a 500 giga pj full and 1.5 terra with other music...
    and if i need to transfer shit,i take 2 days off work!!
    My god, I got a new hard drive on saturday and i'm putting all my music on there. It's taking DAYS to put it all on there for fuck sake!!!

A fresh install of it or just copying from one drive to the other?
  • ilockyer wrote:

burning. every. mother. fucking. cd. I. own :twisted:
    ilockyer wrote:

burning. every. mother. fucking. cd. I. own :twisted:

No way I'd be crazy enough to do that, I have far too many CDs. And my CD drive would fail before I got very far!
  • Massive ball ache.

I may need to get a bigger ipod too :twisted: :twisted:

I'll have plenty of time on my hands in a few weeks ;):lol: :?
    What iPod have you got?
  • dottles wrote:

I'll have plenty of time on my hands in a few weeks ;):lol: :?
    What iPod have you got?

80gb classic

May have to get the 160 gb.

Im putting all my music on at 320kps at the min where most on my ipod is 256 or 128 so its gonna take up more space.
    I have a 120gb classic (I think), I luffs it muchley