euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    DOTTLES THANKS FOR MY GREAT STICKERS THEY CAME TODAY XXXX

Hurrah! :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Morning :wave:

Morning lovely, well afternoon now.
    Hope all is good with you :)

Dimi, I hope the boots are out soon...I need them!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    my rank for europe shows ive been on this tour

Berlin
    Belfast
    Venice
    Lisbon
    Nijmegen
    Dublin
    London
    Bilbao
    Wercther
    Arras
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    afternoon all hope you all having a good day an the weekend starts now

leading on from dimi here's the shows i done best first

Berlin
    London
    Dublin
    Belfast
    Bilbao
    Werchter
    Arras
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Berlin
    Belfast
    Dublin
    London
    Arras
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    :)
    Here's mine:

Berlin + Belfast + London (same level, different reasons)
    Nijmegen
    Dublin
    Arras (if it's about the SHOW [+the crowd] itself. If for other reasons, Arras would be much higher rated!)

But i loved every show anyway, it hurts to rate them somehow ;)
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Good afternoon people :thumbup:

I only went to the three but my order is:

Belfast (by a mile :))
    Dublin
    London
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
    All amazing really, but if I had to -

Berlin
    Belfast (first SOLAT)+ London (Us lot :mrgreen: )
    Dublin
    Werchter
    Arras
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    I've just been watching High Fidelity and come on here to find people making top shows of tour 2010 lists... like this a lot!

Berlin
    Belfast
    Dublin
    Arras

Arras nearly made it above Dublin, just for Baba O'Riley but not quite. It was a fun day though.

Anyone up to much over the weekend? My flu is nearly gone, but I won't be out partying, nice quiet one I think.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Ok, so which ones of you are bidding on this??

http://www.troostwijkauctions.com/uk/pearl-jam/03-13337-6984-1221701/
    dottles wrote:

Not likely. Are you bored at work by any chance?
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

No, on lunch break...well for another 3 minutes!
    I got an email from Rock Werchter about the charity auction :D
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

No, on lunch break...well for another 3 minutes!
    I got an email from Rock Werchter about the charity auction :D

Lunch break usually = internet browsing time for you as well? Am looking forward to going back to work next week, way too boring being off and unable to do much due to being ill! Plus there are some people I haven't seen since I came back from tour who do want to hear about it!
  • Im looking forward to going work next week. Not becasue I like the job or the people i work with it will juat be nice to get out of the house for a bit.
    Im looking forward to going work next week. Not becasue I like the job or the people i work with it will juat be nice to get out of the house for a bit.
    lol....no money to go out,or your ex girlfriend brothers looking for u???(greek joke) :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Im looking forward to going work next week. Not becasue I like the job or the people i work with it will juat be nice to get out of the house for a bit.
    lol....no money to go out,or your ex girlfriend brothers looking for u???(greek joke) :lol::lol:

:lol:

No been home all week with man flu but im starting to feel better now
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    71step28 wrote:
    Hello all!!! Hello Dimi!

My best moments of the tour? Good question, hard answer. Sooo many moments, and quite a lot simple/small ones, but they stick in my mind

- the moment I got on the plane to Dublin, knowing it all starts NOW
    - the moment Leanne knocked on my door in Anchor Guesthouse in Dublin and I opened it and we huged like friends though we met for the first time ever
    - meeting all those friends on the first night in Dublin (Sunday) just by walking through Temple Bar area
    - meeting all the other friends at the pre Party in Dublin, suddenly the pictures and avatars had faces, voices, smiles AND they had FUN!
    - Dublin pre Party as a whole, I was smiling all night and was happy (and had a bad hangover the next day though I didn't drink that much). This night was like a show itself for me
    - Dublin show front row at the rail
    - the VERY first chords of the music
    - Ed being maybe about 1.5-2 m infront of me
    - BELFAST SHOW! Sometimes, Present Tense, Given to Fly->Black, etc….. It held soooo many wonderful moments for me, happy and sad feelings, but to let the sad ones in was a huge release and I felt happier than ever after that! -> see my stupid happy smile in my FB album ;) being out again I had to hug everyone I know/met before just because this show just amazed me and I was thankfu for everyone who was part of it
    - the chilltime after that show around the corner, me lying on the floor, listening to the guys talk, everyone was so happy, and another, uhm, strange guy who just talked and talked and talked, don't know what he was about (I think he wasn't that sure about it himself)
    - London! Even the awful, shitty, dirty Hotel with a used(!) bed and moldy shower they had to sent me to stay there for one night because my hotel was overbooked. It was part of the experience; and I had a sleeping bag with me, which got very useful that night!
    - London day with the guys ("Leanne & the Boys") and London night -> the show at Hyde Park surrounded by an AWESOME crowd, the best people ever! We had so much fun! Everyone was looking at us like we were mad, crazy and screwed up, but as soon as they figured out we were the ones who had the FUN, they smiled at us and were infected
    - Nijmegen, some relaxed days with wonderful people in Holland incl. a great show (but some were missing). Though I felt very sick for about two days, it still has a deep impact on me and I am grateful for the friends I made.
    - the first thoughts of adding Arras to my tour book
    - train ride Amsterdam->Berlin, a guy from the US with his guitar and the same destination like all of us played some great tunes for us, we scared two old grumpy german Ladys away :twisted:
    - Berlin, the night before the show, watching football at the Fanfest, at least we were off to do that, but we ended there just talking, eating, drinking, just a few looks to the big screen when the voices of the people around us raised a bit. At this point the "Where is Marco" incident got very present and it still is (started in Dublin already though) :lol:
    - the sit out at the "street bar" at "Unter den Linden", about 20 people from 10 different countries and me, Yvi, the only german one! In Berlin!
    - the day of THE show, Berlin….. actually 15 minutes before leaving to the venue I was sitting at a computer in my Hostel and I booked all things ARRAS, yeah! How great did that feel?!?!
    - arriving at Wuhlheide, telling some certain people about Arras and get smiles
    - all about the show!!!!!
    - the time before, during and after the show with all the fans, 10c area etc.
    - my tears through some certain songs, accompanied by plain JOY and happieness, the crowd, the pure fun everyone seemed to have, it was simply amazing to feel them all as just ONE
    - the fact that I didn't need to say Good Bye to everybody after the Berlin show because I added Arras before!!
    - my bus ride home the next day for just about 24 hours and only to do some washings, slept one night in my own bed and had a very rushed early morning, because I overslept and was late, was really worried to miss my flight, but I had still enough time when arriving at the airport, phewwww… off to Paris. I hate Paris. I hate France. haha
    - but it turned out to be great, the most amazing part of the tour for several reasons!!!
    - even my and everybody elses tears right after the last chord of Yellow Ledbetter were stunning….. this is it, the tour is over, this has been the last chord of the Pearl Jam tour we heard – all together as this group we were ….. huging and kissing, smiling and crying again…it was wonderful how united we felt in that special moment … … …
    - the blue pile of fabric, formerly known as tent, which was supposed to host us in the night, was only useful to "protect" our bags during the show, so we had to grab our stuff and walked back to the train station, a chat with the french police included, to rest there for the night on the cold hard floor of the square. It was surprisingly warm and comfortable, at least for me. I enjoyed this night very much, somewhere in France (show me a map and I can't tell you where Arras is), under the stars, waking up with the first birds and sunrays (OK, and with all the other peeps rushing into the trainstation pub, because they didn't rest as comfy as I did with my pillow, my towel and my sleeping bag etc.).
    -all in all: Arras

the WORST moment of the tour

-saying Good Bye at the train station, at the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…..oh, this is quite a lot... Sorry!!!!… but I swear, this is just a very short outline of it all!!!! If I could tell you everything in my own language, I bet it might be a book.....

I thank everyone for being part of it!!

You know who you are and I love you for that

Thank you too Yvi, hope you´re alright....see you next time :D
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    ilockyer wrote:

It's stupid money (£85) but it is The Wall...

My thought exactly....you may regret not going :)
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Yeah in 5 years time you wont remember the money but you might remember the show for the rest of your life.

When is your show Marco?
    hi Marco!! :)
    Hi Dimi!!

Here again huh? :D
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Yeah in 5 years time you wont remember the money but you might remember the show for the rest of your life.

When is your show Marco?

Hello Dave,

feeling better yet?

Yeah, the Wall is something special if you care for that kind of music...show is April 9th, 2011
  • Ah thats ages away yet.

Yeah im starting to feel better now.

I'll be back in work on Monday.

You got any plans for the weekend?
    Yes it is...first show sold out pretty fast, 2nd one will probably be sold out too by now...

Glad to hear you´re feeling better now :)

No plans for the weekend, will probably spend tomorrow at my brother´s and sis in law´s house, as usual :D
    Will probably watch some movies, play the PS and spend some time here...

How about you? Any plans for the weekend?
    Any shows planned?
  • Seeing the Black Keys in Liverpool and Newcastle in Oct / Nov but thats all I have at the min.

No special plans. Gonna watch some films and maybe catch up on some reading. Although I may venture out and get some beers in a bit :D
    The black keys huh? I hear good things about them (didn´t Leanne go and see them ?)
    Have to look into that!

What you reading?

And if you go out in a bit: have fun!! :D
  • Well I have a choice, either;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ishmael-Daniel- ... 246&sr=8-1

or

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesw ... n/5408417/

Yeah, me, Leanne and Phil saw them in Manchester after we got back from tour. Good band.
    Well I have a choice, either;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ishmael-Daniel- ... 246&sr=8-1

or

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesw ... n/5408417/

Yeah, me, Leanne and Phil saw them in Manchester after we got back from tour. Good band.

Interesting stuff! So you´re into philosophical/metaphysical literature?

:oops: Now that you mention it; Leanne told me you were going :oops: Must be the old age bugging me :D
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Posted my first youtube video..hurry before PJ takes it down.

Gonna rise up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRMQYytldc
    Evening peeps,
    How are we all? Good I hope.

I am very glad it is Friday!!
    Oh and I came home to something which made me smile, no Eddie and Jeff were not in my living room, no one sent me flowers, but ages ago I got sent this thing from KLM about designing your own personalised luggage tags. I did it in hope for the tour, and thne forgot about it, but they arrived today :D:D

LuggageTags001.jpg

LuggageTags005.jpg

They've my name etc printed on the back of them...