euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Evening peeps,
    (just to caveat in case my being is slightly depressed over the next few weeks - my application has to be in on the 26th and my interview is the 28th.... anyone know anything about STAR competancy frameworks and interviews, any advice welcome by PM)

*le sigh*

Anyway, brighter things... when will we have posters/boots? is everyone feeling better?
    Started working on a compilation for my friend.
    Anyone who PM'd me about stickers, they went in the post today...still have some left.
    When are we touring again??
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Hope your interview goes well.

Still coughing like a mad man so im off for the rest of the week.

Could do with some bootlegs. Next week I think.

What you got down on yer compilation so far?
    It's not for a while so I'll be fine until then :lol::lol:

Coughing is not good, be careful! My mate broke her rib coughing!!

Yep indeedy bootlegs would be good, do you think they will be released one by one or all at one time?

Compilation so far (not in order) - Black, Better Man, Alive, Corduroy, Indifference, Leash, Porch, I am Mine, Even Flow, Footsteps, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Animal, SOLAT, Life Wasted, Light Years, Present Tense, Immortality...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    anyone know anything about STAR competancy frameworks and interviews, any advice welcome by PM)
    ?
    Is this for your interview? On how to prepare yourself? If yes, I'll PM you.
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    anyone know anything about STAR competancy frameworks and interviews, any advice welcome by PM)
    ?
    Is this for your interview? On how to prepare yourself? If yes, I'll PM you.

It is indeed, we've moved to this format now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Will PM you. If you are applying for a same-ish job, it's easy....
  • dottles wrote:

Yep indeedy bootlegs would be good, do you think they will be released one by one or all at one time?

Compilation so far (not in order) - Black, Better Man, Alive, Corduroy, Indifference, Leash, Porch, I am Mine, Even Flow, Footsteps, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Animal, SOLAT, Life Wasted, Light Years, Present Tense, Immortality...

What kind of music does this person your making the cd listens to?
    All sorts to be honest, she is quite a poppy dancey person, but likes some folky stuff, and some rocky stuff.
    Um, in the last couple of years she's been to see Oasis, Razorlight, The Kooks, Lily Allen, Newton Faulkner, The Levs, Girls Aloud, Take That, Mark Ronson, KT Tunstall, Guillemots, Paolo Nutini....
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    dottles wrote:

Compilation so far (not in order) - Alive, Corduroy, Black, Better Man, , Leash, Porch, I am Mine, Even Flow, Immortality, Footsteps, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Animal, SOLAT, In My Tree, Life Wasted, Light Years, Present Tense, , Indifference...
    thats how i would fix it. get him hooked in straight away with alive and corduroy
  • In that case I would say Just Breath and maybe Unthought Known should be in there.
    In that case I would say Just Breath and maybe Unthought Known should be in there.

I shall add them in...
    The daft thing is she's my best friend of 12 years, she's just never gotten into PJ....but finally my blathering has gotten to her
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    dottles wrote:
    In that case I would say Just Breath and maybe Unthought Known should be in there.

I shall add them in...
    The daft thing is she's my best friend of 12 years, she's just never gotten into PJ....but finally my blathering has gotten to her
    Lovely to see you're spreading the gospel Leanne. I've done it to so many friends over the years with PJ and other bands and I'm sure you'll find it very satisfying when she comes back for more as my sister in law did recently. So many people think PJ are those guys who did Alive and Jeremy and vanished into thin air. Hope you're well and getting over the post tour blues. Just need some boots now and then the saving starts!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:

I shall add them in...

Good luck with the compilation... hope it works! She'll still think you're mad for going off on tour with us all!

Am trying to decide how much I really want to go and see Roger Waters perform The Wall next spring. It's stupid money (£85) but it is The Wall...
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:

Good luck with the compilation... hope it works! She'll still think you're mad for going off on tour with us all!

Am trying to decide how much I really want to go and see Roger Waters perform The Wall next spring. It's stupid money (£85) but it is The Wall...

No, she doesn't think I am mad now she's seen how happy it made me! Though I think she'd like to meet you guys :lol:

Marco is going to see him in the Netherlands...
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

No, she doesn't think I am mad now she's seen how happy it made me! Though I think she'd like to meet you guys :lol:

Marco is going to see him in the Netherlands if he doesn't get lost en route...

Fixed that for you :)

It is really tempting, will see what tickets I can find on payday next week.
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Marco is going to see him in the Netherlands if he doesn't get lost en route...

Fixed that for you :)

It is really tempting, will see what tickets I can find on payday next week.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • £85 for a ticket!!!!

Balls to that!
    £85 for a ticket!!!!

Balls to that!

Is exactly what my common sense is telling me... there are cheaper seats available so that may be the better option. Or maybe I should wait until nearer the time and score one off of Scarlet Mist or somewhere for face, or maybe less.

Edited to add, have just treated myself to Philip Glass' Solo Piano CD... looking forward to that one arriving.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hey!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    koukouroukou kou kou!!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889

Tuturutu tu tu tuuuu!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    Chrisilein wrote:

Tuturutu tu tu tuuuu!!
    8-)
    Where's the bootlegs already?
    ilockyer wrote:
    Where's the bootlegs already?
    we are close 8-):mrgreen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUjUeX-lhg

EDDIE muthhhhhhaaaafffffuuuuuccckkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr VEDDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    71step28 wrote:
    Hello all!!! Hello Dimi!

My best moments of the tour? Good question, hard answer. Sooo many moments, and quite a lot simple/small ones, but they stick in my mind

- the moment I got on the plane to Dublin, knowing it all starts NOW
    - the moment Leanne knocked on my door in Anchor Guesthouse in Dublin and I opened it and we huged like friends though we met for the first time ever
    - meeting all those friends on the first night in Dublin (Sunday) just by walking through Temple Bar area
    - meeting all the other friends at the pre Party in Dublin, suddenly the pictures and avatars had faces, voices, smiles AND they had FUN!
    - Dublin pre Party as a whole, I was smiling all night and was happy (and had a bad hangover the next day though I didn't drink that much). This night was like a show itself for me
    - Dublin show front row at the rail
    - the VERY first chords of the music
    - Ed being maybe about 1.5-2 m infront of me
    - BELFAST SHOW! Sometimes, Present Tense, Given to Fly->Black, etc….. It held soooo many wonderful moments for me, happy and sad feelings, but to let the sad ones in was a huge release and I felt happier than ever after that! -> see my stupid happy smile in my FB album ;) being out again I had to hug everyone I know/met before just because this show just amazed me and I was thankfu for everyone who was part of it
    - the chilltime after that show around the corner, me lying on the floor, listening to the guys talk, everyone was so happy, and another, uhm, strange guy who just talked and talked and talked, don't know what he was about (I think he wasn't that sure about it himself)
    - London! Even the awful, shitty, dirty Hotel with a used(!) bed and moldy shower they had to sent me to stay there for one night because my hotel was overbooked. It was part of the experience; and I had a sleeping bag with me, which got very useful that night!
    - London day with the guys ("Leanne & the Boys") and London night -> the show at Hyde Park surrounded by an AWESOME crowd, the best people ever! We had so much fun! Everyone was looking at us like we were mad, crazy and screwed up, but as soon as they figured out we were the ones who had the FUN, they smiled at us and were infected
    - Nijmegen, some relaxed days with wonderful people in Holland incl. a great show (but some were missing). Though I felt very sick for about two days, it still has a deep impact on me and I am grateful for the friends I made.
    - the first thoughts of adding Arras to my tour book
    - train ride Amsterdam->Berlin, a guy from the US with his guitar and the same destination like all of us played some great tunes for us, we scared two old grumpy german Ladys away :twisted:
    - Berlin, the night before the show, watching football at the Fanfest, at least we were off to do that, but we ended there just talking, eating, drinking, just a few looks to the big screen when the voices of the people around us raised a bit. At this point the "Where is Marco" incident got very present and it still is (started in Dublin already though) :lol:
    - the sit out at the "street bar" at "Unter den Linden", about 20 people from 10 different countries and me, Yvi, the only german one! In Berlin!
    - the day of THE show, Berlin….. actually 15 minutes before leaving to the venue I was sitting at a computer in my Hostel and I booked all things ARRAS, yeah! How great did that feel?!?!
    - arriving at Wuhlheide, telling some certain people about Arras and get smiles
    - all about the show!!!!!
    - the time before, during and after the show with all the fans, 10c area etc.
    - my tears through some certain songs, accompanied by plain JOY and happieness, the crowd, the pure fun everyone seemed to have, it was simply amazing to feel them all as just ONE
    - the fact that I didn't need to say Good Bye to everybody after the Berlin show because I added Arras before!!
    - my bus ride home the next day for just about 24 hours and only to do some washings, slept one night in my own bed and had a very rushed early morning, because I overslept and was late, was really worried to miss my flight, but I had still enough time when arriving at the airport, phewwww… off to Paris. I hate Paris. I hate France. haha
    - but it turned out to be great, the most amazing part of the tour for several reasons!!!
    - even my and everybody elses tears right after the last chord of Yellow Ledbetter were stunning….. this is it, the tour is over, this has been the last chord of the Pearl Jam tour we heard – all together as this group we were ….. huging and kissing, smiling and crying again…it was wonderful how united we felt in that special moment … … …
    - the blue pile of fabric, formerly known as tent, which was supposed to host us in the night, was only useful to "protect" our bags during the show, so we had to grab our stuff and walked back to the train station, a chat with the french police included, to rest there for the night on the cold hard floor of the square. It was surprisingly warm and comfortable, at least for me. I enjoyed this night very much, somewhere in France (show me a map and I can't tell you where Arras is), under the stars, waking up with the first birds and sunrays (OK, and with all the other peeps rushing into the trainstation pub, because they didn't rest as comfy as I did with my pillow, my towel and my sleeping bag etc.).
    -all in all: Arras

the WORST moment of the tour

-saying Good Bye at the train station, at the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…..oh, this is quite a lot... Sorry!!!!… but I swear, this is just a very short outline of it all!!!! If I could tell you everything in my own language, I bet it might be a book.....

I thank everyone for being part of it!!

You know who you are and I love you for that
    love u too girl!!ill do this one too..when im out of work.. :D
  • Morning :wave:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Morning :wave:
    :) hi Sian
    http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/ondemand/ ... d.43717879
    the Nijmegen show,radio broadcasting....in my tree...yes was exactly as we talk in the show peeps!......un fuckin beliavable amazing version!!!!!!!!!!!!