euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    chime wrote:
    ... or if they're into slower music ... go with the acoustic vibe of Benaroya ;)

You absolutely have to put something from Benaroya Hall on the compilation. Black would be a good call, or Down.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    ilockyer wrote:
    chime wrote:
    ... or if they're into slower music ... go with the acoustic vibe of Benaroya ;)

You absolutely have to put something from Benaroya Hall on the compilation. Black would be a good call, or Down.

I think Benaroya Hall is a good idea. I made a copy for my mom a few years back. She liked it. ;)
    I also made a copy for friends who wanted to discover PJ.

On a side note, 31°C in my apartment :shock: :shock: :shock: ... I'm melting while typing this post.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    edited July 2010
    Thanks peeps :D Ummm, she's got quite a varied taste, likes a lot of dancey pop stuff but then I have managed to get her to like Blind Melon (some songs anyway), Newton Faulkner, The Levellers and Seth Lakeman. I went to see Paolo Nutini with her last night and she really enjoyed it. We've been to see loads of others bands etc together, even if she's never heard of them she'll generally go if I ask her to, sometimes she doesn't like them but most of the time she does.

Any track recommendations, let me know, I'll make it about 20 tracks long I think. It will have Black, Better Man, Alive and Even Flow on it.....

Oh, and I will get round to sending out the stickers to people who I didn't get to see on tour over the next couple of days. So if you want one and you've not PM'd me your address (overseas as well as the UK) then do it now (or indeed if you had one and you've lost it and would like a replacement)...
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Oooo someone else who likes Seth ... I've been to see him I think 3/4 times :? :mrgreen: ... saw Newton as a support act at the RAH and he had the whole crowd eating out of his hand ... one of the best receptions I've ever seen for a support act.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    Oooo someone else who likes Seth ... I've been to see him I think 3/4 times :? :mrgreen: ... saw Newton as a support act at the RAH and he had the whole crowd eating out of his hand ... one of the best receptions I've ever seen for a support act.

:lol: Think I saw both of them about 4 times each last year :oops: they both tend to play down here a lot. Love them :D and am seeing them both again later this year.
    I saw Seth at the Minack Theatre last year which was amazing (am in the DVD :oops: :? ) he is a very lovely chap, goes out with a girl I went to college with. Kitty Jay live always gives me tingles.

Newton Faulkner I saw playing in a cave last year, which was very odd but good :D however, the night before he played some songs in a pub in Aggie and we had a right laugh, good bloke who also is a PJ fan :D
    If you log on to his web channely thing, he runs little webcasts from his house and plays records he likes at the minute, shows stuff he's working on, does mad covers and just generally chats with people. (I do have a bit of a thing for dreadlocks too....)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    I saw Seth at the Minack Theatre last year which was amazing

I love the Minack Theatre!!!!
    I missed Seth last year as I had just spent too much on gigs :oops: ... he doesn't hit London too often but will try and see him next time he plays ... although I can't get anyone to go with me so I've flown solo the other times I've seen him :( ... I use to find it fun watching Cormac when he did the percussion as I've never seen someone looks so smilie constantly :lol:

We got one of Newton's more popular and weird covers ... Sponge Bob ... and also a little of the Ice Age theme
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I saw Seth at the Minack Theatre last year which was amazing

I love the Minack Theatre!!!!

Me too, it is a stunning venue and when the weather is good it's amazing. Shakespeare there is always fab :D It's the whole experience of Minack, the getting there earlier, having a picnic, moaning your bum hurts, being in awe at the view and letting the sunset distract you from the theatre. It was the first time they'd had a 'music' thing down there when Seth played, it worked out well but it was the beginning of May and very cold!!
    chime wrote:
    I missed Seth last year as I had just spent too much on gigs :oops: ... he doesn't hit London too often but will try and see him next time he plays ... although I can't get anyone to go with me so I've flown solo the other times I've seen him :( ... I use to find it fun watching Cormac when he did the percussion as I've never seen someone looks so smilie constantly :lol:

We got one of Newton's more popular and weird covers ... Sponge Bob ... and also a little of the Ice Age theme

:lol::lol::lol: Well anytime I am around (and have a job :lol:) I'll go with ya! He's touring at the end of this year actually as his new album come out next week. I am going to see him in Truro with about 10 people from work which should be good.

Spongebob seems to have been retired now :lol: he was liking 'No Limits' , 'No Diggity' and 'Killing in the Name Of' a couple of months ago. He does Bohemian Rhapsody as well....
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    hello all

made it home at last and first day back at work

what a feckin crazy 3 weeks

gonna gather my thoughts an catch up at work

love ye all

paul ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Pke wrote:
    hello all

love ye all

paul ;)

Hey you!
    Hope Susan and the kids are well, glad you made it home safely!
    It was a crazy few weeks, especially for you guys, but it was ace to meet you all :mrgreen:
    x
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Pke wrote:
    hello all

love ye all

paul ;)
    hey my friend!!!how was your time??how is your crazy daughter?? :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    hello all

love ye all

paul ;)

Hey you!
    Hope Susan and the kids are well, glad you made it home safely!
    It was a crazy few weeks, especially for you guys, but it was ace to meet you all :mrgreen:
    x

hey you toooooo :D

we all good its one mutherfucker of a drive from spain to scotland though after all we done in the previous weeks :shock:

but defo worth it
    :crazy:
    especially meeting all you guys :wave: :wtf:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    hello all

love ye all

paul ;)

Hey big man

we are all well an back home

already thinkin about next time

the crazy Daughter is good she has dyed her hair purple now we back home

she already telling all here freinds about our crazy times with you guys an pearl jam

cant quite believe we managed to do it all was feckin biblical :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Yeah I kinda gathered from Susan when you on your way back to France that the drive home was going be a long haul!
    Glad you're good though, and I've some pics of you guys at Werchter, think you managed to escape me at the other gigs! I'll mail a couple across.

I bet Rowan and Gary are waxing lyrical to their mates about the nutters you introduced them to on tour! (he is well under the thumb by the way!!!)
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah I kinda gathered from Susan when you on your way back to France that the drive home was going be a long haul!
    Glad you're good though, and I've some pics of you guys at Werchter, think you managed to escape me at the other gigs! I'll mail a couple across.

I bet Rowan and Gary are waxing lyrical to their mates about the nutters you introduced them to on tour! (he is well under the thumb by the way!!!)

o yes their is only one boss in that relationship for sure and it aint him :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    hello all

love ye all

paul ;)

Hey big man

we are all well an back home

already thinkin about next time

the crazy Daughter is good she has dyed her hair purple now we back home

she already telling all here freinds about our crazy times with you guys an pearl jam

cant quite believe we managed to do it all was feckin biblical :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    we manage cos we are freaks!!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    Any track recommendations, let me know, I'll make it about 20 tracks long I think. It will have Black, Better Man, Alive and Even Flow on it.....

Here's 20 off the top of my head.

Alive, Animal, Daughter, Evenflow, Corduroy, Not For You, Sometimes, Immortality, Given To Fly, Better Man, Even Flow, Dissident, Down, Amongst The Waves, Severed Hand, Porch, Do The Evolution, Once, SOLAT, Yellow Ledbetter
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Hey guys it was great to meet a bunch of you this year, it was fun meeting up with most of you in Berlin at the fan fest and at the gig. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long untill another euro tour! :):D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Hey guys it was great to meet a bunch of you this year, it was fun meeting up with most of you in Berlin at the fan fest and at the gig. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long untill another euro tour! :):D

Good to meet you too Mike :D If you're on facebook, there are photos from the Berlin fan fest night on mine and others profiles :D
    :D
    :wave: :wave:
    Hey Dimi, are you feeling better now?
    dottles wrote:
    Hey Dimi, are you feeling better now?
    kinda lost..im not in the mood for alot of stuff..plus i have 2 things carry from tour..my knee and my ears..after the last 2 flights,,cant listen a shit..my ears is like have vuvuzelas inside..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I know it's a bit late Dimi but I wear these to every gig I go to ... may be for the next tour ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-MusicSaf ... B000VO8PR0
    chime wrote:
    I know it's a bit late Dimi but I wear these to every gig I go to ... may be for the next tour ;)

u mean next year!!!! :)
    i took so manyh flights,,14 i think...and the problem start after the bilbao show,,was so lound the music...but this happen to me again at new york - athens flight at 08...but i think im gonna buy those
    chime wrote:

These earplugs are great, have also used them and never had any problems with ringing ears etc afterwards. Much cheaper than what I paid for them, so thanks for the link, another set ordered!
    I was thinking about those earplugs too, :think: :think:
    im watching the video i shoot in berlin,the night before the show,in the bar after the football match....
    its amazing!!!lol
    im watching the video i shoot in berlin,the night before the show,in the bar after the football match....
    its amazing!!!lol

Oh dear!!! :lol::lol::lol: