euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    love to see Marco here...love u man....!!!ofcource i do..u are a fuckin Dutch...the best people in the world!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Well it kinda started on the last night in France. We were supposed to be camping but someone destroyed our tent while we were at the gig so we ended up sleeping in the square outside the train station. It was freezing as well. Had a stuffy head and throat all last week but it became a full blown flu end of friday / saturday. Ah well it was all fun.

Your right September will be here soon :D

Maybe you should invest in a sat nav? One for your car and one for when your just walking about :lol:

:shock: Really? That sucks!...the tent you´ve been hauling around all the time?!
    Another "nice" experience after Paris :roll:

And nah...just have to come better prepared next time...
    Plus the title "lost boy" will probably stick with me forever...Think I like it... :lol:
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    love to see Marco here...love u man....!!!ofcource i do..u are a fuckin Dutch...the best people in the world!!! :)

Hey Dimi!! Thanks man, love you too!! :thumbup:
    You ok?
  • Lone Wolf wrote:

:shock: Really? That sucks!...the tent you´ve been hauling around all the time?!

Plus the title "lost boy" will probably stick with me forever...Think I like it... :lol:

Yeah. I wouldn't say it was the highlight of the trip but these things happen eh? Phil was the one who had to carry the tent so it wasn't too bad :lol:

Woke up at 5:45, our train wasn't until 11 am. We got into Paris had something to eat and went staright to the airport. Got there about 1pm and our flight wasnt until 10pm :shock: . We were so tired, we all stunk and desperatly needed a shower. Longest day of my life.

Wouldn't change anything.
    Lone Wolf wrote:

You ok?
    cool..just i dont want to do anything,,nothing make me feel good here..i want tour!!!!! :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Yeah. I wouldn't say it was the highlight of the trip but these things happen eh? Phil was the one who had to carry the tent so it wasn't too bad :lol:

Woke up at 5:45, our train wasn't until 11 am. We got into Paris had something to eat and went staright to the airport. Got there about 1pm and our flight wasnt until 10pm :shock: . We were so tired, we all stunk and desperatly needed a shower. Longest day of my life.

:lol: Poor Phil! He HAD to carry the tent? :twisted:
    Was a long day indeed :shock:

If you don´t mind me asking...How long will you be studying again? :oops:
  • I just remembered something else that was particularly awesome from tour... our road trips from Belfast to Dublin and Dublin to Belfast! The first involved meeting Dave B for the first time and figuring out pretty quickly that i'd made a great friend, and the latter involved Dave, Dave, Cecilia, Stian and myself all singing our hearts out to the Philly box set, full blast up the Irish M1... Good times :D

I too wouldn't change a single thing about our tour... even the night we go to Berlin and I was so tired that by 7:30pm I was practically falling asleep in my beer and had to go to bed. I was so physically exhuasted that I was nearly in tears... I even passed on a meet-up in favour of sleep... I must've been damn tired! :lol: :shock: :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Lone Wolf wrote:

You ok?
    cool..just i dont want to do anything,,nothing make me feel good here..i want tour!!!!! :)

Sorry to hear that my friend....may take some time for a new tour :( .....maybe the bootlegs will make you feel better?
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:lol: Poor Phil! He HAD to carry the tent? :twisted:
    Was a long day indeed :shock:

If you don´t mind me asking...How long will you be studying again? :oops:

Its 2 years and then I can take the final 3rd year to make it a full degree if I wish (and I will do)

Its 2 years and then I can take the final 3rd year to make it a full degree if I wish (and I will do)

3 years huh? Well since you´ve decided to do this best make it a full degree then - excellent!!
    Any idea what you´re getting yourself into?
  • Lone Wolf wrote:

3 years huh? Well since you´ve decided to do this best make it a full degree then - excellent!!

Debt :lol:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:lol::lol:

Which will be easily repaid once you have a full degree..you´ll be alright...
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:lol::lol:

Which will be easily repaid once you have a full degree..you´ll be alright...

We'll see. Lets hope so...
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Hello all!!! Hello Dimi!

My best moments of the tour? Good question, hard answer. Sooo many moments, and quite a lot simple/small ones, but they stick in my mind

- the moment I got on the plane to Dublin, knowing it all starts NOW
    - the moment Leanne knocked on my door in Anchor Guesthouse in Dublin and I opened it and we huged like friends though we met for the first time ever
    - meeting all those friends on the first night in Dublin (Sunday) just by walking through Temple Bar area
    - meeting all the other friends at the pre Party in Dublin, suddenly the pictures and avatars had faces, voices, smiles AND they had FUN!
    - Dublin pre Party as a whole, I was smiling all night and was happy (and had a bad hangover the next day though I didn't drink that much). This night was like a show itself for me
    - Dublin show front row at the rail
    - the VERY first chords of the music
    - Ed being maybe about 1.5-2 m infront of me
    - BELFAST SHOW! Sometimes, Present Tense, Given to Fly->Black, etc….. It held soooo many wonderful moments for me, happy and sad feelings, but to let the sad ones in was a huge release and I felt happier than ever after that! -> see my stupid happy smile in my FB album ;) being out again I had to hug everyone I know/met before just because this show just amazed me and I was thankfu for everyone who was part of it
    - the chilltime after that show around the corner, me lying on the floor, listening to the guys talk, everyone was so happy, and another, uhm, strange guy who just talked and talked and talked, don't know what he was about (I think he wasn't that sure about it himself)
    - London! Even the awful, shitty, dirty Hotel with a used(!) bed and moldy shower they had to sent me to stay there for one night because my hotel was overbooked. It was part of the experience; and I had a sleeping bag with me, which got very useful that night!
    - London day with the guys ("Leanne & the Boys") and London night -> the show at Hyde Park surrounded by an AWESOME crowd, the best people ever! We had so much fun! Everyone was looking at us like we were mad, crazy and screwed up, but as soon as they figured out we were the ones who had the FUN, they smiled at us and were infected
    - Nijmegen, some relaxed days with wonderful people in Holland incl. a great show (but some were missing). Though I felt very sick for about two days, it still has a deep impact on me and I am grateful for the friends I made.
    - the first thoughts of adding Arras to my tour book
    - train ride Amsterdam->Berlin, a guy from the US with his guitar and the same destination like all of us played some great tunes for us, we scared two old grumpy german Ladys away :twisted:
    - Berlin, the night before the show, watching football at the Fanfest, at least we were off to do that, but we ended there just talking, eating, drinking, just a few looks to the big screen when the voices of the people around us raised a bit. At this point the "Where is Marco" incident got very present and it still is (started in Dublin already though) :lol:
    - the sit out at the "street bar" at "Unter den Linden", about 20 people from 10 different countries and me, Yvi, the only german one! In Berlin!
    - the day of THE show, Berlin….. actually 15 minutes before leaving to the venue I was sitting at a computer in my Hostel and I booked all things ARRAS, yeah! How great did that feel?!?!
    - arriving at Wuhlheide, telling some certain people about Arras and get smiles
    - all about the show!!!!!
    - the time before, during and after the show with all the fans, 10c area etc.
    - my tears through some certain songs, accompanied by plain JOY and happieness, the crowd, the pure fun everyone seemed to have, it was simply amazing to feel them all as just ONE
    - the fact that I didn't need to say Good Bye to everybody after the Berlin show because I added Arras before!!
    - my bus ride home the next day for just about 24 hours and only to do some washings, slept one night in my own bed and had a very rushed early morning, because I overslept and was late, was really worried to miss my flight, but I had still enough time when arriving at the airport, phewwww… off to Paris. I hate Paris. I hate France. haha
    - but it turned out to be great, the most amazing part of the tour for several reasons!!!
    - even my and everybody elses tears right after the last chord of Yellow Ledbetter were stunning….. this is it, the tour is over, this has been the last chord of the Pearl Jam tour we heard – all together as this group we were ….. huging and kissing, smiling and crying again…it was wonderful how united we felt in that special moment … … …
    - the blue pile of fabric, formerly known as tent, which was supposed to host us in the night, was only useful to "protect" our bags during the show, so we had to grab our stuff and walked back to the train station, a chat with the french police included, to rest there for the night on the cold hard floor of the square. It was surprisingly warm and comfortable, at least for me. I enjoyed this night very much, somewhere in France (show me a map and I can't tell you where Arras is), under the stars, waking up with the first birds and sunrays (OK, and with all the other peeps rushing into the trainstation pub, because they didn't rest as comfy as I did with my pillow, my towel and my sleeping bag etc.).
    -all in all: Arras

the WORST moment of the tour

-saying Good Bye at the train station, at the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…..oh, this is quite a lot... Sorry!!!!… but I swear, this is just a very short outline of it all!!!! If I could tell you everything in my own language, I bet it might be a book.....

I thank everyone for being part of it!!

You know who you are and I love you for that
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Well it kinda started on the last night in France. We were supposed to be camping but someone destroyed our tent while we were at the gig so we ended up sleeping in the square outside the train station. It was freezing as well. Had a stuffy head and throat all last week but it became a full blown flu end of friday / saturday. Ah well it was all fun.

Your right September will be here soon :D

Maybe you should invest in a sat nav? One for your car and one for when your just walking about :lol:

Lost boy has certainly stuck with me :D
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Sorry to hear that my friend....may take some time for a new tour :( .....maybe the bootlegs will make you feel better?
    true!!! :D
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Not to mention, in no particular order, Cirrhosis of the liver, freshers, poor sleep patterns, an over dependency on coffee/red bull, the best times of your life (apart from when on tour!).
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • ilockyer wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Not to mention, in no particular order, Cirrhosis of the liver, freshers, poor sleep patterns, an over dependency on coffee/red bull, the best times of your life (apart from when on tour!).

I think I can tick off quite a few on that list already :lol:

Except for coffee :twisted:
    ilockyer wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Not to mention, in no particular order, Cirrhosis of the liver, freshers, poor sleep patterns, an over dependency on coffee/red bull, the best times of your life (apart from when on tour!).[/quote]

No tour next year please, with Dave going to uni I will be saving for 2 to go on tour :lol:
  • philthehip wrote:

No tour next year please, with Dave going to uni I will be saving for 2 to go on tour :lol:

Maybe we could start a 10c shared fund for my tour :lol:
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    philthehip wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

It's going to be Soundgarden next summer I reckon.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • ilockyer wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Me too :D
    ilockyer wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Me too :D[/quote]

That would be cool, no fucking tents this time though :lol:
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Lone Wolf wrote:

i have to admit i think that happening was karma for going on to do an extra date ;)
    satansbed wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

i have to admit i think that happening was karma for going on to do an extra date ;)

It was YOU :evil: :evil: :evil:
    philthehip wrote:

Lost boy has certainly stuck with me :D

:D Thought it would...after all I have you to thank for that :thumbup:

You ok Phil?
  • philthehip wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

It was YOU :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol:
    satansbed wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:lol:
    philthehip wrote:

No? Thought it might be Dave´s turn to drag the tent along next time round ;)
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

No? Thought it might be Dave´s turn to drag the tent along next time round ;)

Yes a bigger tent :lol: