euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Best moment:

Meeting Mike in Bilbao!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    Fave moments from my tour:

Black in Berlin. I'll never forget it. Just as I'll never forget the look on Eddies face at Roskilde, I'll never forget the look on his face at the end of Black in Berlin. He looks almost awestruck.

Just the whole vibe surrounding a Pearl Jam show. I'm quite frankly amazed at the passionate and dedicated fanbase this band has created through integrity, hard work and accountability. Seeing all the different nationalities decending on one city, having people all around town - from out of country - walking up to you and sharing a few words just because you're wearing a PJ-shirt. It's just so positive.
  • veddertown wrote:
    Good morning folks. Hard to pick a best tour moment D but praying for Sometimes in Belfast since it is after all my favourite song by anyone and getting a text midway through it from Sian who I'd just told before the show it would be my holy grail song was really cool. Just the anticipation of my first show in Dublin when the intro music started. The emotion brought out by Black in Berlin was amazing and Mike's Immortality solo! I could do a top 25 moments from the shows and still forget things. Too many good things to know what was best because I thought the shows were amazing but just seeing the community from all over the world coming together made me understand why I've always been such a fan of this band! :D

Haha! Getting a text from you for No Way was one of my top moments on tour! :mrgreen:

My top moments... hmmmm :think:

No Way in Belfast... I was so happy, I was shaking :oops: :mrgreen:
    Better Man in Belfast, Dublin, London and Nijmegen :mrgreen:
    Tremor Christ in Belfast... completely unexpected :thumbup:
    Getting the Belfast poster :D
    Singing Happy Birthday to Brendan O'Brien in Belfast...

The Belfast show in general :lol:

Our little road trip from Amsterdam to Nijmegen and picking up an awesome straggler by the name of 'Jenny' on the way home 8-) :P :lol:

The London show… The people we spent it with were incredible and the atmosphere was second to none. The GA peeps around us didn’t know what had hit them :lol: :thumbup:

Going CRAZY in Nijmegen for In My Tree and, again, all the GA people looking at us weird :D

The venue in Berlin... It’s so beautiful. I also got to see three songs that evoked a lot of emotion in me… I had said I didn’t want to see them but I’m so glad I did :)

Getting engaged after the Berlin show was pretty awesome too :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809

! congratulations!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • alesek wrote:

! congratulations!

Thank you :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    alesek wrote:

! congratulations!

ILL BE SO HAPPY TRAVELING TO BE IN YOUR WEDDING!!!! :oops: I JUST INVITE MY SELF ALONE,OR WHAT??? :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • alesek wrote:
    ! congratulations!

ILL BE SO HAPPY TRAVELING TO BE IN YOUR WEDDING!!!! :oops: I JUST INVITE MY SELF ALONE,OR WHAT??? :lol::lol:

:lol: invites will go out nearer the time... we're not getting married until the end of next year! :roll:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

:lol: invites will go out nearer the time... we're not getting married until the end of next year! :roll:
    so ill see u in next tour first :mrgreen: :roll: 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    Thank you :)[/quote]
    ILL BE SO HAPPY TRAVELING TO BE IN YOUR WEDDING!!!! :oops: I JUST INVITE MY SELF ALONE,OR WHAT??? :lol::lol:[/quote]

:lol: invites will go out nearer the time... we're not getting married until the end of next year! :roll:[/quote]

do it this year..i know of this band that are not on tour they might play for you :shock: :shock:
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Hmm highlights of the tour for me:

Meeting so many nice, accomodating people at the Dublin pre show (and both Ireland dates).

Having someone shout my name as a nice, calm, quiet introduction. :lol:

Being that close to the rail in Dublin, from what I remember from that show the version of Corduroy was amazing, also Mike standing on a speaker playing right in front of me. The reaction to Just Breathe on all the shows, and Of The Earth being a great song (seeing Stone's guitar strings snap on the jam section :o )

10c train to Belfast :lol:

Belfast: Where do I start! Sometimes, Tremor Christ, Black, RVM, Jeremy. Also seeing everyone's faces when they came out of the venue. :)

London: Betterman (my sister's favourite), Go (her boyfriend's favourite), the last encore on that show was excellent, Black and Alive singalongs.

All three gigs: How good Given To Fly is :thumbup:

Considering I only was going to go to London I am glad I made it to Ireland for a couple of excellent gigs with excellent company. :thumbup:
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    mateymate wrote:

I think you may have been introduced to me in Belfast by someone *looks at Sian* :roll: :lol: yelling your name in a 'this is ....' way :shock: :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Best moments?

All the shows and all the people I had the privilege to meet.Two weeks wasn't nearly enough time to get to know you all :thumbup:
    chime wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

I think you may have been introduced to me in Belfast by someone *looks at Sian* :roll: :lol: yelling your name in a 'this is ....' way :shock: :mrgreen:

:?: I was introduced to you at Belfast?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    mateymate wrote:
    chime wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

Yes you were :P ... this is where having a photo of yourself as your avatar helps/hinders you :lol:;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:

Yes you were :P ... this is where having a photo of yourself as your avatar helps/hinders you :lol:;)

Intriguing......
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Hey peeps, how are we all?

Sian, in answer your question, absolutely awful being honest, and it will not be any better until we know who has jobs and who doesn't :? , so it will be like this for a few weeks yet. One of my good friends burst into tears in the office today, and there was no consoling her, and very little I can say to help as I am in the same situation, just lots of hugs and I tried my best to help her.

Dimi, best moment of the tour, the whole bloody lot. Meeting all you guys, the gigs, the band, the break from work, every minute of it. You guys have all made such a huge impact on me, and I luffs you all muchley for it.

(I still do have visions of little Phil emerging animatronically from his coffin, which makes me smile everytime I think about it :lol::lol::lol: )

I have to say all the gigs were ace, Dublin for being so close to the band, Belfast for an awesome set, London because of all the amazing people I shared that gig with and my feeling of being part of a collective, Berlin - it was emotional and fantastic, Arras for the elation at Baba and the setting, and Werchter - Messers Grohl and Vedder on the same stage at the same time, fireworks, Paul and his family, Dimi playing guitar on my poster tube etc. All were ace gigs :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Off to an Eden Session in a bit, and the sun has come out - hurrah!

(Oh and still can't find bendy man :? :? so either he's lost at my house or is still on tour - eek!!!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:

Sian, in answer your question, absolutely awful being honest, and it will not be any better until we know who has jobs and who doesn't so it will be like this for a few weeks yet. One of my good friends burst intotears in the office today, and there was no consoling her, and very little I can say to help as I am in the same situation, just lots of hugs.

Dimi, best moment of the tour, the whole bloody lot. Meeting all you guys, the gigs, the band, the break from work, every minute of it. You guys have all made such a huge impact on me, and I luffs you all muchley for it.

(I still do have visions of little Phil emerging animatronically from his coffin, which makes me smile everytime I think about it :lol::lol::lol: )

I have to say all the gigs were ace, Dublin for being so close to the band, Belfast for an awesome set, London because of the amazing people I shared that gig with and my feeling of being part of a collective, Berlin - it was emotional and fantastic, Arras for the elation at Baba and the setting and Werchter - Messers Grohl and Vedder on the same stage at the same time, fireworks, Paul etc :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Paolo Nutini? Am sure you'll have a good night. Sounds like you need it after a fun filled day at work. It will get easier once you all know for definite what's happening, as you can at least start to make plans accordingly.

Am back at work tomorrow, still feel like hell but can just about speak now so figure I should go in. Could be a nice quiet end to the week for my colleagues, compared to normal anyway!

Baba in Arras was an amazing few minutes, not least because it broke the Alive>YL routine!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • chime wrote:
    mateymate wrote:
    chime wrote:

Yes indeed... Pippa and PAUL COCKER!!! met in Belfast... infact, I may have a photo of you together... :think:

*scurries off to find photos*

• mateymate wrote:
    chime wrote:

Intriguing......

:lol: I've found a photo where you're looking RIGHT at Pippa!! :lol:

I've tagged it on facebook... go, discover! :D

• dottles wrote:

Sian, in answer your question, absolutely awful being honest, and it will not be any better until we know who has jobs and who doesn't :? , so it will be like this for a few weeks yet. One of my good friends burst into tears in the office today, and there was no consoling her, and very little I can say to help as I am in the same situation, just lots of hugs and I tried my best to help her.

I have to say all the gigs were ace, Dublin for being so close to the band, Belfast for an awesome set, London because of all the amazing people I shared that gig with and my feeling of being part of a collective, Berlin - it was emotional and fantastic, Arras for the elation at Baba and the setting, and Werchter - Messers Grohl and Vedder on the same stage at the same time, fireworks, Paul and his family, Dimi playing guitar on my poster tube etc. All were ace gigs :mrgreen::mrgreen:

(Oh and still can't find bendy man :? :? so either he's lost at my house or is still on tour - eek!!!)

Oh hunny :( I remember what it was like when I went through the same process... it's HORRIBLE. Just make sure you're all their for each other and don't harbour bad feelings if some of you get a job but others don't... Take it out on bloody management! ;) *hugs*

Bendy man as in the little blue bendy man I put down betwix your bazookas in Dublin?! :shock:

• Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Best moments?

All the shows and all the people I had the privilege to meet.Two weeks wasn't nearly enough time to get to know you all :thumbup:

Same here....it has been a truly wonderful experience...something we'll HAVE to do again :wave:
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Best moments?

Same here....it has been a truly wonderful experience...something we'll HAVE to do again :wave:

Without a doubt.

Adjusted back to 'normal' life yet?
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Best moments?

Without a doubt.

Has anyone? You feeling any better today?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • The cold is slowly subsiding but im still coughing like its going out of fashion :cry:

I've barley moved from my bed in 3 days
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Best moments?

Without a doubt.

Sort of....because of the Summer holidays and colleagues being away work was rather busy...
    Working from 06.00 till 17.45....
    Not the re-entry I was hoping for...

How about you? And are you feeling better yet?
    The cold is slowly subsiding but im still coughing like its going out of fashion :cry:

I've barley moved from my bed in 3 days

Sorry to hear that! Hope you get well soon!
    mateymate wrote:
    chime wrote:

Intriguing......

:lol: I've found a photo where you're looking RIGHT at Pippa!! :lol:

I've tagged it on facebook... go, discover! :D

Mystery solved, hello Pippa :thumbup:
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Sort of....because of the Summer holidays and colleagues being away work was rather busy...

I dont miss 12 hour shifts at all :D

Still miss being on tour with everyone and patiently waiting for the bootlegs.

I've had my student loan approved so all i've got to do now is sign that form and one for the university and then I will get my start date in sometime in August ready for September. Guess I need to start looking forward rather then backwards.
    Lone Wolf wrote:

I've had my student loan approved so all i've got to do now is sign that form and one for the university and then I will get my start date in sometime in August ready for September. Guess I need to start looking forward rather then backwards.

I can imagine :D The temperatures being 35-38 degrees last week didn´t help either :shock:
    Congrats on the student loan!!

It´ll be September before you know it.....life can be harsh sometimes....At least there´s the memories and pictures.....and we´ll be looking forward to the next tour....
    I miss not being lost anymore :D
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

I can imagine :D The temperatures being 35-38 degrees last week didn´t help either :shock:
    Congrats on the student loan!!

It´ll be September before you know it.....life can be harsh sometimes....At least there´s the memories and pictures.....and we´ll be looking forward to the next tour....
    I miss not being lost anymore :D

Well it kinda started on the last night in France. We were supposed to be camping but someone destroyed our tent while we were at the gig so we ended up sleeping in the square outside the train station. It was freezing as well. Had a stuffy head and throat all last week but it became a full blown flu end of friday / saturday. Ah well it was all fun.

Your right September will be here soon :D

Maybe you should invest in a sat nav? One for your car and one for when your just walking about :lol: