euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    veddertown wrote:
    ]
    you gonna love it+ the others will happen.. 8-)
    PJ are doing a secret gig/in store signing/staying in the Anchor/playing an acoustic set before Ben? :D
    You're going to be chairman of 10c Europe? :mrgreen:
    I want to know!!! :crazy:

:lol: Dimi is going to be 'The Rob' for PJ Radio in Europe, so we're all going to be contributing :D:lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Ed, did you not know about the up front fees?

Never even knew I'd have to pay £230 admin fee!! Then have this thing called a guarantor which is £25 fee (but can get it back I think) then something like an inventory check which is £55 then some other fee which is £15.

Might be on like 30 euro a day for my 17 days in Europe.

But can't skimp on this tour, from all my experience and knowledge from talking to you wiser people this may be the last big tour I can do then soon it will get down to just doing the 1 England show :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I think being sensible for a couple of years you'll be ok come the next tour Ed, it just takes a while to catch up with the initial outlay for what you have to spend when you first get new accomodation. You're quite lucky where you are that you'll still be able to see some gigs without travelling too far. Just not so many as you're used to. :( I don't have a spare few grand lying around to justify things like this tour especially with having family but it's all about learning to make sacrifices when you have to and knowing that if you make rash or spontanious decisions you have the means to do it without making yourself struggle to find your feet again. I went to see U2 years ago and used my rent and council tax money for it and I didn't catch up for a few months. This will be a great summer for you to remember when you're knuckling down in your new career and I'm sure you'll do fine! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Night folks :yawn: :yawn:
    Another day closer to meeting y'all...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    NEED A SETLIST RUNNER FOR DUBLIN..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Brisk. wrote:
    ........all my experience and knowledge from talking to you wiser people...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I think he means us!!! :shock:

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    dottles wrote:
    Goodnight Leanne.. :D

veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    veddertown wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Goodnight Leanne.. :D
    Gary,Lorna is your wife's name?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I knew someone would say that haha
    veddertown wrote:
    I think being sensible for a couple of years you'll be ok come the next tour Ed, it just takes a while to catch up with the initial outlay for what you have to spend when you first get new accomodation. You're quite lucky where you are that you'll still be able to see some gigs without travelling too far. Just not so many as you're used to. :( I don't have a spare few grand lying around to justify things like this tour especially with having family but it's all about learning to make sacrifices when you have to and knowing that if you make rash or spontanious decisions you have the means to do it without making yourself struggle to find your feet again. I went to see U2 years ago and used my rent and council tax money for it and I didn't catch up for a few months. This will be a great summer for you to remember when you're knuckling down in your new career and I'm sure you'll do fine! :D

Yeah man only god knows or well parents :P how much children and a family must cost to support as well as paying for the big house that is needed with it etc.

I can't wait to start but am nervous as it's my first proper job with what i'm doing and its the whole real business environment etc but should be cooooooool.

In my life I have always tried to seize the day and do as much as I can, just don't want to look back one day and say you know what Ed, you could have done that extra PJ show you know etc. But then that's the pessimist in me.

But yeah yeah back to your tour hornyness... 8-)
    Yeah, damn you have a good memory for names D!! :)
    We're not actually married yet, plan to do it next year and have a quiet affair but I've told her we might just have to take the PJ Euro community to Greece, do it there and smash fuck out of everything!! :lol:
    I like the Greek style!!

veddertown wrote:
    We're not actually married yet, plan to do it next year and have a quiet affair but I've told her we might just have to take the PJ Euro community to Greece, do it there and smash fuck out of everything!! :lol:
    I like the Greek style!!
    my memory sucks..its my youth crazyness kill it..but i have the list of people donate for euro badges,and your woman name is in.. :lol:
    veddertown wrote:
    I like the Greek style!!
    my memory sucks..its my youth crazyness kill it..but i have the list of people donate for euro badges,and your woman name is in.. :lol:
    Sorry to have to break this bombshell D but your youth craziness has hung around I think... :crazy:
    Oh Lorna just loves donating, she just doesn't know it yet!! :lol:

veddertown wrote:
    :
    Oh Lorna just loves donating, she just doesn't know it yet!! :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Goodnight folks, only 8 more sleeps until PJ hit Dublin!!! :mrgreen:
    Hopefully some kind soul will take notice of this!

veddertown wrote:
    Night Gary :D
    veddertown wrote:
    Night Gary :D
    Goodnight D! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNHb-XW1PI

veddertown wrote:

I am doing dublin and belfast but what happened, the forum guy pulled out?
    Brisk. wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I am doing dublin and belfast but what happened, the forum guy pulled out?
    we need the one to open the thread and receive your sms for post the setlist..
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    dottles wrote:
    Hub. wrote:
    HRC's next weeeeek! HRC's next weeeeek! HRC's next weeeeek! yahoo1st.gif

I love that smilie!!!

Thanks, dottles. D seems to love it too. gap.gif
    Good morning! :D It's a big day at work for me today. Should find out at 13:00 if it's going to be a successful year for my department or not. I must be spending too much time here because every time I blink I keep seeing smileys! :D

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    veddertown wrote:
    Good morning! :D It's a big day at work for me today. Should find out at 13:00 if it's going to be a successful year for my department or not. I must be spending too much time here because every time I blink I keep seeing smileys! :D

Hope it goes well! Oh, and cheers for the tip re Crackberry batteries, £4.80 absolute steal.

Last late shift for two weeks today :D Wonder why that might be?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Good morning my little babooshkas! :D

How are we all feeling? Less than a week to go... excited much? :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Good morning my little babooshkas! :D

I'm alright but gotta pack everything up as I'm moving back home in about 2 hours! So not got my excitement on quite yet! Gotta get all my euros tooo.

Guessing you just counting down the seconds now! 8-)
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I love this thread by the way....

This thread has become as big as the whole site :lol:

I know,I worry that we will get closed down....

I was just thinking this the other day, and wondering what'll happen when the tour is over, will all of you still be posting on here, have little conversations, its almost become like watching a soap opera :lol::lol:
    and its getting addictive.

would be a shame to not carry it on...
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Good morning my little babooshkas! :D

:lol::lol::lol:
    how many years i had to listen the word babooshkas
    you rock Sian..
    food morning all.. :)
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    I know,I worry that we will get closed down....

I was just thinking this the other day, and wondering what'll happen when the tour is over, will all of you still be posting on here, have little conversations, its almost become like watching a soap opera :lol::lol:
    and its getting addictive.

would be a shame to not carry it on...

Well, I think the Dublin Crew (2006) thread is still active so there's hope!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    3 more days until I leave Australia....for 9 hours of airport waiting and 19 hours of flying....This is so going to be worth it though :mrgreen:.....
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    joely_91 wrote:
    3 more days until I leave Australia....for 9 hours of airport waiting and 19 hours of flying....This is so going to be worth it though :mrgreen:.....

yep, i'm sure every second of it, will be worth it.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ilockyer wrote:

Well, I think the Dublin Crew (2006) thread is still active so there's hope!

It's been over 4 years, ain't no gettin' rid of it now!

I wonder when the stickies will be making a disappearance for our ones?! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!