euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Euh ehm, here to announce... Leanne's stickers!

eurosalamander.png

firesticker.png

Claire...these stickers....
    :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Claireack wrote:
    Does anyone know if the tube strike is still on for Hyde Park, I only pop in this thread now and again so miss stuff. I'm sure I heard that it started on the night before (or did I imagine that?). Sure we'll be able to work out how to get there on the Friday, but not sure about the Thurs night for the pre-party. Any ideas?
    someone needs to answer that...where is chime when u need her?? :roll:

Not heard it's been cancelled yet...
    Where are you coming from?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    My Buenos Aires dvd kept skipping which would normally send me into some kind of uncontrolled rage but with next week coming up I was very calm, stepped over to the dvd player, replaced the offending disc with the Showbox dvd and sat down again. :D I'm having so many, I love Pearl Jam days and nights right now and I think just logging on and seeing the same names here every night really cheers me up. You guys are the best!! Your stickers would look 10 shades of awesome stuck to anything Leanne. Sooooooo cool!!! Just looked on google earth to see how far the hotel I'm in is from the London meet up and we're pretty close I think. Same hotel as D and Yvi.. Just 3 more days at work!!!! 3!!!!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    I'm in the Rhodes Hotel in London which is pretty near where you guys are staying I think :D
    Gary, I'm the same as far as this thread and some other peeps are concerned, love it and can't wait to meet people 'proper' :lol: :? :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    I'm a complete beginner for visiting London so anyone who wants to stay together for meet ups, getting to the gig, etc we'd more than happy and grateful for the company and expertise! :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm a complete beginner for visiting London so anyone who wants to stay together for meet ups, getting to the gig, etc we'd more than happy and grateful for the company and expertise! :D

I lived there for a while a few years ago, and visit often so can get about to places etc but am by no means an expert. I'm sure there will be enough of us to go en masse :D
    printing some extra maps,,i love touring for pearl jam..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    veddertown wrote:

Here's a story. The Hard Rock Cafe they have there has the guitar eddie wrote Small Town and Thumbing My Way on, the lyrics for Small Town are written on loo paper and taped to the side. I asked if I could hold it but then the guy said well what is your name? And I was like Ed and he said ah you answered the trick question correct!

8-)
    dottles wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I lived there for a while a few years ago, and visit often so can get about to places etc but am by no means an expert. I'm sure there will be enough of us to go en masse :D
    PJ freaks 'en masse!' I like the picture that my brain created from that phrase :mrgreen: There'll be 65000 of us from what I'm told?
    I'm really gutted I can't just do Nijmegen too but it's our youngest's 6th birthday on the 29th and I'd have to miss Berlin if I went to the Netherlands. Funnily enough last year I was at AC/DC in Hampden on the same date as Berlin. Would love to go to another Dutch gig but hoping PJ or REM play there sometime again in the next couple of years. PJ in Amsterdam is my dream gig!! :D

:lol: cool...
    I've never been to the Hard Rock Cafe in London....or anywhere else for that matter I think :?
    edited June 2010
    dottles wrote:
    :lol: cool...
    I've never been to the Hard Rock Cafe in London....or anywhere else for that matter I think :?
    really?ive been in a few..i mean in all places i ever visit and have hard rock cafe.. :mrgreen:
    and i met a great girl at london one,she works there but was out of duty and help me alot about sightseens in london.. :)
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    I think you just love the crazy Greek life you've been given D and I can't say I blame you! You're going to have the best summer of anyone I know. I bet you'll be fucking tired by the time you get back to Volos though! :yawn:

veddertown wrote:
    I think you just love the crazy Greek life you've been given D and I can't say I blame you! You're going to have the best summer of anyone I know. I bet you'll be fucking tired by the time you get back to Volos though! :yawn:
    yes!!!but ill be in tourpleasure mood!!!! ;)
    Yeah I had to decide between Nijmegen, Werchter and Venice...tho I could have done Nijmegen and Werchter really.
    I kinda wish I was doing Nijmegen, but I'm also liking the prospect of a few days in Berlin...

Nope Dimi, not that I can remember anyway...I've only been on holiday properly twice in the last 15 years.When I lived away, my holidays were back here to Cornwall or to Manchester to my ex's parents. He travelled all over the world with his job so hated the thought of doing so when he had time off so, I never got to go anywhere.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1154506885
    Manchester hard rock cafe!!we have so much fan with this girl works there!!!is the day einat was looking for a belt.. :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah I had to decide between Nijmegen, Werchter and Venice...tho I could have done Nijmegen and Werchter really.
    I kinda wish I was doing Nijmegen, but I'm also liking the prospect of a few days in Berlin...

Nope Dimi, not that I can remember anyway...I've only been on holiday properly twice in the last 15 years.When I lived away, my holidays were back here to Cornwall or to Manchester to my ex's parents. He travelled all over the world with his job so hated the thought of doing so when he had time off so, I never got to go anywhere.
    but now u hug out with freaks is better :)
    dottles wrote:

but now u hug out with freaks is better :)

:D:D Yes indeed, and now I can be me, which is quite nice!
    He never really liked PJ, he said he did but wouldn't go to any shows...
    Enough of him, his loss!!! :mrgreen:....mind you, you lot may not being saying that when you've to put up with me over the next few weeks!
    Brisk. wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Here's a story. The Hard Rock Cafe they have there has the guitar eddie wrote Small Town and Thumbing My Way on, the lyrics for Small Town are written on loo paper and taped to the side. I asked if I could hold it but then the guy said well what is your name? And I was like Ed and he said ah you answered the trick question correct!

8-)
    Cool story Ed! I saw you weren't feeling like you were in tour mode yet so I should remind you that this time next week you'll have witnessed the lights go down, watched PJ come on stage and heard the first note of the first song of the 2010 Euro tour (sometimes) we've been speaking about for 6 1/2 months and will probably still have some pleasant ringing in your ears. And it's my first PJ show!! I know you've done it all before but this is your last chance for a big blowout before your new life begins but we'll all be there together and we'll all get the chance to meet again in 2012. I'm watching I Don't Believe In Christmas in June! :D

veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

8-)
    Cool story Ed! I saw you weren't feeling like you were in tour mode yet so I should remind you that this time next week you'll have witnessed the lights go down, watched PJ come on stage and heard the first note of the first song of the 2010 Euro tour (sometimes) we've been speaking about for 6 1/2 months and will probably still have some pleasant ringing in your ears. And it's my first PJ show!! I know you've done it all before but this is your last chance for a big blowout before your new life begins but we'll all be there together and we'll all get the chance to meet again in 2012. I'm watching I Don't Believe In Christmas in June! :D

Shit shit, thats a mad thought! Screw Sometimes man :P Of The Girl ye?

WHAAA YOU HAVEN'T SEEN PJ YET? :shock:
    dottles wrote:
    :....mind you, you lot may not being saying that when you've to put up with me over the next few weeks!
    It's ok Leanne, I'll get a little break from you between London and Berlin then I'm going home again! Shame for everyone else though!! :lol: Honestly just kidding!
    I still can't belive I communicate with a member of the Roddas empire (world renowned)!! :lol::lol:

Off to sleep folks, gotta fairly busy day tomorrow.
    Night night :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

p.s. Gary, I've only seen 'em once before ;):D
    I gotta get you some Roddas stuff to bring over with me...cream ain't gonna last though!
    Brisk. wrote:

Nope, between work and family commitments PJ have always eluded me although their timing is always impeccable! I've seen every band or artist that were a must see for me besides PJ, Johnny Cash and Mark Lanegan. Sometimes is my favourite PJ song but I'd settle for Of The Girl, Can't Keep, Oceans, Release, Hard To Imagine, Wash, Why Go, etc............. :D Oh and Breakerfall second!

dottles wrote:
    Off to sleep folks, gotta fairly busy day tomorrow.
    Night night :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

p.s. Gary, I've only seen 'em once before ;):D
    I gotta get you some Roddas stuff to bring over with me...cream ain't gonna last though!
    A Roddas trucker cap!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Goodnight Leanne, we're getting closer every time we say see you soon! :D

veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Nope, between work and family commitments PJ have always eluded me although their timing is always impeccable! I've seen every band or artist that were a must see for me besides PJ, Johnny Cash and Mark Lanegan. Sometimes is my favourite PJ song but I'd settle for Of The Girl, Can't Keep, Oceans, Release, Hard To Imagine, Wash, Why Go, etc............. :D Oh and Breakerfall second!

NIght Leanne!

Ahaa, yeah wait you haven't been to a show yet so you can't be getting fussy :lol:
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    How do I get my gf's butt in gear? I'm all packed and she's barely started. We're leaving in 2 days :shock:

Procrastinators :roll:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    How do I get my gf's butt in gear? I'm all packed and she's barely started. We're leaving in 2 days :shock:

You and your girlfriend have this completely the wrong way around!! :?
    Procrastinating is definately man's work.. :D

Red Lukin wrote:

1st bring girlfriend :wrong
    2nd found a beautiful european girl,:correct
    Brisk. wrote:

Ahaa, yeah wait you haven't been to a show yet so you can't be getting fussy :lol:

I'll definately be the last one you hear compain about the setlist Ed, I know the majority of what I'm going hear over the 4 gigs and any rarities I get won't be any more a bonus than the album songs I hear as it's all going to be new to me. There are songs I'd like to hear more than others but I like 99% of PJ's music so I can't lose really. Fucking bring it on though! This next few days are going to drag... :(

veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I'll definately be the last one you hear compain about the setlist Ed, I know the majority of what I'm going hear over the 4 gigs and any rarities I get won't be any more a bonus than the album songs I hear as it's all going to be new to me. There are songs I'd like to hear more than others but I like 99% of PJ's music so I can't lose really. Fucking bring it on though! This next few days are going to drag... :(

Tell me that after the show ;)
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    veddertown wrote:
    You and your girlfriend have this completely the wrong way around!! :?
    Procrastinating is definately man's work.. :D

I know, that's what I thought too..she just loves leaving things til the last minute then stressing. I told her we were elaving today but she didn't believe me.

D good plan for a single guy. I'm actually getting hitched Thurs afternoon and hoping on the flight Thurs night ;)