euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    veddertown wrote:
    Just received my t-shirt from Dimitris. It kicks ass! Why now u dont bitching? Thank you so much Dimitris. You are the man!
    Are you coming to Europe then Fenway? :D
    :( I have crunched the numbers and have determined that there is absolutely no way I can swing Europe this time around. I'm sad I won't get to meet and jam out with all you fine people. There's just no way I can afford it. I promise you all that I will make it to Europe for Pearl Jam next time around. I'm gonna start saving for 2012 right now! :D
    we will meet earlier than 2012 :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Just received my t-shirt from Dimitris. It kicks ass! Why now u dont bitching? Thank you so much Dimitris. You are the man!
    great news my friend..enjoy it.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    dottles wrote:
    Here's those photos I mentioned - bonfire, beach, bbq, pub = good times!

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/leannie_martin/Fire%20and%20Fun/

Doh! I realised I had it as private folder...it's public now!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:D Thanks Leanne!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    anyone wanna help about berlin and honor our lost brothers please print some pages
    german from oneside englidh from the other
    here it is

"Lasst uns zehntausend Lichter für unsere Freunde sein!

Heute vor genau 10 Jahren sind 9 junge Männer –Fans wie du und ich und alle, die heute hier sind- aus unserer Mitte gerissen worden, sie starben während des Konzerts von Pearl Jam beim Roskilde Festival im Nachbarland Dänemark.

Wir wissen, wie sehr dies die Band beeinflusst und bewegt hat. Und wir alle wissen auch, wie leicht es jedem von uns hätte passieren können. Wir alle haben damals 9 Freunde verloren, Freunde die wie niemals mehr kennenlernen werden, vor genau 10 Jahren. Deshalb wollen wir heute Abend alle diesem Tag ehrvoll gedenken – mit einer einfachen Geste, bei der JEDER mitmachen kann.

Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc.*(oder ihr benutzt einfach ganz klassisch ein Feuerzeug), und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben.

DANKE

Passt auf euch auf und auf eure Freunde!
    Viel Spaß bei der Show!!!

We’re ten thousand points of lights for the fallen fan

Ten years ago today, nine young men – fans of this band, just like all of us gathered here – were taken from us during Pearl Jam’s set at the Roskilde Festival in neighbouring Denmark.

We know how much this event has affected the band. We know easily it could have happened to any one of us. We all lost nine friends we’ll never know 10 years ago today. And we want to mark this solemn moment tonight.

Here’s what we’d like you to do:
    During the encore break after the main set, join us in solidarity for our lost friends. Simply take out your phone, light up the screen, and face it towards the stage, so that when the band return they will see our solidarity with them, in memory of those we lost.

Please be safe tonight. Look out for those around you...
    And enjoy the show.

Thank you.
    Dimi, do you want them duplex printed? (two sided?)
    I can print out some if you like.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    yep..one side the english version,in the back the german..
    dottles wrote:
    yep..one side the english version,in the back the german..

oki dokes :D
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:D Thanks Leanne!

You're welcome!
    It wasn't a hugely sunny day, but it was dry and warm. Places around me look stunning and my photography does not do them justice, but I hope you see what I mean!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    During the encore break after the main set, join us in solidarity for our lost friends. Simply take out your phone, light up the screen, and face it towards the stage, so that when the band return they will see our solidarity with them, in memory of those we lost.

It's a great idea..how are you guys gonna spread the word? Maybe hand out something at the show?
    Red Lukin wrote:

It's a great idea..how are you guys gonna spread the word? Maybe hand out something at the show?
    we will passing the letter to the fans in the gates,and 10c early entrance and general tix entrance
    ill print as many i can,and friends too,,im counting to germans cos more easy..ill be carrying from greece from 2oth and the show is at 30th..
    edited June 2010
    Freaking hell, two weeks today I'll be in Dublin....
    Post edited by dottles on
    dottles wrote:
    Freaking hell, two week day I'll be in Dublin....
    :D
    dottles wrote:

As will you :D
    It's madness! I can't begin to describe how excited and scared I am :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

scared??all are gay exept me,what to afraid of? :lol::lol:
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Nothing to be scared of mate,every pj fan i have met has been lovely...even Dimitris :D
    Maybe not scared, maybe anxious/nervous :lol: but overwhelmingly excited :D
    Nothing to be scared of mate,every pj fan i have met has been lovely...even Dimitris :D
    true story :D
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    dottles wrote:
    you have just described the feeling "tourhorny" :mrgreen:
    true story :D

:lol::lol::mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:
    you have just described the feeling "tourhorny" :mrgreen:
    cant fall down this feeling.. :roll:
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    i was thinking today, about all you's going to berlin, and the ten year anniversary. and thinking, what if the band came out on stage, and before the intro, had a minutes silence in honour of the nine lost souls.
    just a thought.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    i was thinking today, about all you's going to berlin, and the ten year anniversary. and thinking, what if the band came out on stage, and before the intro, had a minutes silence in honour of the nine lost souls.
    just a thought.
    another fan mention that,us to do it,but will be difficult to do it..
    i think is ok the light of mobile at encore break 1..
    just a thought.
    another fan mention that,us to do it,but will be difficult to do it..
    i think is ok the light of mobile at encore break 1..
    yes, just wish i could be there to see that, i bet there won't be a dry eye in the house.
    hope somebody clip it for you tube
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    veddertown wrote:
    your right gary, i'm usually too knackered, during my work cycle, or too knackered because of it, but fuck man.

its june, i have a 2nd wind :lol:
    You'll be getting as bad as dimi, he had post number 20000 this week and that was Monday. Now he's something like 20300! ?

i doubt it gary.......... i don't have a maid :lol::lol:
    We'll be ok in Berlin for the World Cup -
    http://www.berlinfifafanfest.com/
    dottles wrote:
    We'll be ok in Berlin for the World Cup -
    http://www.berlinfifafanfest.com/
    where? in the Bundaberg Gates?
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:

hahahahaha! i know soooo well what you mean, Leanne! It is really a little, a tiny little bit scaring, but sure not in the negative way. I'm a tour virgin, too. Saw PJ twice now, but just one show in one year, 2006 and 2009, both in Berlin of course. But NOW its gonna be TOTALLY DIFFERENT, 5 shows in a row,with friends i never met before (though it dont feels like that at all :D ). Supposedly hundreds of people will cross my path, lots of them i'll never forget again, all the excitement, traveling through 4 countrys for 5 shows, all the visual and acoustic impressions, the fun and joy that comes with it...things i never experienced before. I am damn curious what happens on that journey! But i am totally unaware of what happens, so there's quite a "scary" thought about it - to explore the unkown is not a thing i do every day, not in that intensity :D
    So: wellcome to my small world, all you guys! Because of you it will grow bigger and bigger :thumbup:
    Straße des 17. Juni (23.06. - 11.07.2010)

The event area is located in the heart of the city and can be reached by several means of public transportation. It is within walking distance of the central train station, Berlin Hauptbahnhof. The main stage is located at the Siegessäule this year.

Public transport:
    S-Bahn S5, S7 and S75 to 'Bellevue' (ca. 10 min. walking distance)
    U-Bahn U2 to 'Potsdamer Platz' (ca. 10 min. walking distance)
    U-Bahn U9 to 'Hansaplatz' (ca. 10 min. walking distance)
    Bus 106, 100 to 'Großer Stern'

...It means nothing to me, it says it's central!
    71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

hahahahaha! i know soooo well what you mean, Leanne! It is really a little, a tiny little bit scaring, but sure not in the negative way. I'm a tour virgin, too. Saw PJ twice now, but just one show in one year, 2006 and 2009, both in Berlin of course. But NOW its gonna be TOTALLY DIFFERENT, 5 shows in a row,with friends i never met before (though it dont feels like that at all :D ). Supposedly hundreds of people will cross my path, lots of them i'll never forget again, all the excitement, traveling through 4 countrys for 5 shows, all the visual and acoustic impressions, the fun and joy that comes with it...things i never experienced before. I am damn curious what happens on that journey! But i am totally unaware of what happens, so there's quite a "scary" thought about it - to explore the unkown is not a thing i do every day, not in that intensity :D
    So: wellcome to my small world, all you guys! Because of you it will grow bigger and bigger :thumbup:

Yvi, you're a mind reader! That is exactly how I feel :mrgreen: