euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hey can you smart folks help me book my Werchter train ticket?

I'm staying in Brussels near Grand Place. I think I got it right but do I select from 'Bruxelles - Centraal B' to 'Louvian B'

I'm confused about Louvian because I always thought it was spelled Leuven.

I don't think it's necessary to make a booking for this kind of trains - it's a simple commuter railway system, there's dozens of trains all day and I really doubt they can sell out or so.
    That's my (Swiss-European) notion - for a 100 % definite answer, wait for the next Belgian to pop in here.. ;)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Jennytree wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Yeah, this time 3 weeks I'll be cosy in my own bed :lol:

So I was talking to some friends of my housemates yesterday and they were wondering what I was up to for the summer. Explained "this day 3 weeks I'm seeing Pearl Jam in the O2 and then I'll be heading up to Belfast to see them there..."
    Please don't go to the O2, you'll be seeing Bon Jovi :cry:

Hyde Park. Get off the tube at Hyde Park corner. :lol:

I did mean the O2 in Dublin ;)
    You had me worried. Could have been a very nasty shock.
  • RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Red Lukin wrote:

I'm staying in Brussels near Grand Place. I think I got it right but do I select from 'Bruxelles - Centraal B' to 'Louvian B'

Leuven is the correct spelling, or Louvain in French (Louvain-la-neuve is not the correct city though).I've never heard of a city in Belgium called Louvian. If you use http://hari.b-holding.be/HAFAS/bin/query.exe/en? and select from "Brussel-centraal" to "Leuven" and confirm "Leuven [Station/Stop]" on the next page, you should get the correct trains. Reservations are not necessary though, you can also buy a ticket in the station when you get there.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks - you're right. Weird when I click on the link I got by email, I clicked EN for english, then it sent me to the wrong part of the site.

I figured it out though. I just hope my hotel is near Brussels Centraal..sounds right though ;)

ps - my bad I meant Louvain.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Wolfmother replacement announced for Arras called Lilly Wood & The Prick -
    http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/en/news/index.aspx?aid=59bd125c-661b-4b2d-9d43-d4f8b715e9e8

I make no comment on the name of the duo!!!!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Badges!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    A knock at the door? :? A package from Greece? :) A night in front of the tv! :mrgreen:
    Dimitris you indeed are the man! Thanks so much!!!!!!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Paka wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

I don't think it's necessary to make a booking for this kind of trains - it's a simple commuter railway system, there's dozens of trains all day and I really doubt they can sell out or so.
    That's my (Swiss-European) notion - for a 100 % definite answer, wait for the next Belgian to pop in here.. ;)

I'm not Belgian but I know about the train to Leuven/Louvain. It is definitely a commuter line with very regular trains. Only takes about 25 minutes or so (some trains are a bit slower than others) to get to Leuven. Last time I bought a ticket (April), it was under 5 Euros for a single. Get your ticket at the station. Just as easy.
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dottles wrote:
    http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/en/news/index.aspx?aid=59bd125c-661b-4b2d-9d43-d4f8b715e9e8

Oh boy!

They do mention Johnny Cash as one of their influences, so at least that´s a plus to me...
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Oh boy!

They do mention Johnny Cash as one of their influences, so at least that´s a plus to me...

I'm not sure how much Johnny Cash will be involved :?
    I'm not hopeful!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Anyone else going to Werchter get an email from them today about the free train tickets?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    redrock wrote:
    ;)
    P1010037.jpg?t=1275490671

:)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Jennytree wrote:
    Badges!
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    Anyone else going to Werchter get an email from them today about the free train tickets?
    :roll: no
    veddertown wrote:
    A knock at the door? :? A package from Greece? :) A night in front of the tv! :mrgreen:
    Dimitris you indeed are the man! Thanks so much!!!!!!! :D
    8-) :roll:
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    can we all get a4 pictures of each others avatars so i know whom ill be talking to...just stick them on your chests or heads..thanks

see some clever people used part of there own name as screen name..(dimi for one) but if someone shouts out theserialthrilla i might be :oops: ..and none knows me as kevin
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    dottles wrote:

Yep - ordered my tickets this morning ; )
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

whats that?>
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ....but if someone shouts out theserialthrilla i might be :oops: ..and none knows me as kevin

Think how harmless_little_f*** felt!
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

whats that?>

A free return train ticket from any station in Belguim to Leuven and then free transport from Leuven to the festival site. They sent me an email with a link in it which went live today to get your train ticket.
    The code for your free train is on your e-ticket, I'll get the link...
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    redrock wrote:
    ....but if someone shouts out theserialthrilla i might be :oops: ..and none knows me as kevin

:lol:

And hello Kevin!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

whats that?>

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/tarifs/ticke ... /index.php
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:lol:

And hello Kevin!

I was going to say that!
    Roeland wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

whats that?>

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/tarifs/ticke ... /index.php

:thumbup:
    dottles wrote:

A free return train ticket from any station in Belguim to Leuven and then free transport from Leuven to the festival site. They sent me an email with a link in it which went live today to get your train ticket.
    didnt receive this mail..
    dottles wrote:

Did you get an e-ticket for Werchter or a proper paper ticket?
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Did you get an e-ticket for Werchter or a proper paper ticket?
    proper tix
    Dimi, that might be why, I have an e-ticket... :?
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    dottles wrote:

I also have an e-ticket and received this email.
    dottles wrote:
    it means the hard tiocket i have is ok for train and bus to the venue?