euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    hey, lets switch locations! i'd looove to be on the Orkney Isles now, Scottland it is. Never been there, my favorite destination to go sometime :) BUT you have to do my work then ;)
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Evening folks, we all had good days?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    You know i hope they bring back The Wrong Child tag cos it's fucking awesome.
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I bought a table tennis table and it arrived today. After a very long time spent on the assembly of it in the garden it decides to rain. :(

Otherwise, it's all good PJ is so close and I scored a BK subscription after I woke up today. So actually, it's pretty sweet!
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    71step28 wrote:
    hey, lets switch locations! i'd looove to be on the Orkney Isles now, Scottland it is. Never been there, my favorite destination to go sometime :) BUT you have to do my work then ;)
    It's not the warmest place in the world but I wouldn't swap it for anywhere now after almost 39 years. Winter isn't that cold despite what people say, hardly any snow and it's windy more than anything else. I'll come to Hamburg and do your work while you visit for sure but you must make sure you have good tea bags in the house! Then come back at Christmas and New Year and see the madness of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVQyFO_l ... re=related ....how we spend our Christmas/New Year days either playing or watching,(sometimes lasts 7 hours). I just watch as it's more fun. Excuse the music!!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    71step28 wrote:
    It's not the warmest place in the world but I wouldn't swap it for anywhere now after almost 39 years. Winter isn't that cold despite what people say, hardly any snow and it's windy more than anything else. I'll come to Hamburg and do your work while you visit for sure but you must make sure you have good tea bags in the house! Then come back at Christmas and New Year and see the madness of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVQyFO_l ... re=related ....how we spend our Christmas/New Year days either playing or watching,(sometimes lasts 7 hours). I just watch as it's more fun. Excuse the music!!

hahahah, nice! Whats it all about?!? I saw a "ball(?) and LOTS of man doing ... what?
    (i love the bagpipes btw!)
    71step28 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

hahahah, nice! Whats it all about?!? I saw a "ball(?) and LOTS of man doing ... what?
    (i love the bagpipes btw!)
    The two teams who are determined by birthplace fight over a leather covered cork ball until one can either touch a wall (the same piece of wall that has been used for about 130 years) or the other team get the ball into the water in the harbour usually followed by the players. One player gets awarded the ball at the end but he'll have done this 40 or 50 times in his life before that! Really rough, no proper rules and plenty blood spilled, fractures, concussions etc. Great day out where underage drinking, fighting and general rowdiness gets ignored by the police but it's always fun and never taken advantage of. New Year sometimes between spectators and players gets a crowd of 3 - 4000! :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    veddertown wrote:
    The two teams who are determined by birthplace fight over a leather covered cork ball until one can either touch a wall (the same piece of wall that has been used for about 130 years) or the other team get the ball into the water in the harbour usually followed by the players. One player gets awarded the ball at the end but he'll have done this 40 or 50 times in his life before that! Really rough, no proper rules and plenty blood spilled, fractures, concussions etc. Great day out where underage drinking, fighting and general rowdiness gets ignored by the police but it's always fun and never taken advantage of. New Year sometimes between spectators and players gets a crowd of 3 - 4000! :D

great! Thats sounds fun, indeed!! is it only men doing this? No women allowed or are they just too "scared" to join that cluster? i'd be!! But watching it seems a lot of fun as well :lol: i think i saw a documentary about something like this a few years back, if not this exactly.
    hmmmmmmm......Scottland..... love the landscapes, the Highlands, the fresh air, the sound of the bagpipes, the Kilts, the language (which i dont understand at all :lol: ) someday Scottland has to bear me :lol: and i fear i won't go back.
    There has been a few documentaries made on this from various countries. We get people from all over visiting, mainly England/Scotland but exiles from Canada, US, NZ and visitors from as far as Japan come too. No women take part as they were given their own trial game in 1947 but they were way too rough!! :lol:

:lol: yeah, once you let women do what they want without any rules, they reveal their true colors ;)
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    71step28 wrote:
    :lol: yeah, once you let women do what they want without any rules, they reveal their true colors ;)

Your not kidding... :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    71step28 wrote:
    God help us if that happens!!! :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I'm talking about women, not Yvi ;)
    but true colors are better than no color at all, right? :lol:
    71step28 wrote:
    I'm talking about women, not Yvi ;)
    but true colors are better than no color at all, right? :lol:
    thats why i do this tour with Yvi the Rainbow and not with women!!!! :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    evening lads an lassies

hows the tour planning going everyone all sorted an waiting to go ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Pke wrote:
    evening lads an lassies

Nearly there now. Just Arras and Belfast trains to book on Friday then we are ready to roll. What about you?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Ello peeps....been out drinking on a school night, 7 bottles of wine consumed between 5 of us in 4 hours, I think that's pretty good going :D

How's life round 'ere?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    philthehip wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    evening lads an lassies

Nearly there now. Just Arras and Belfast trains to book on Friday then we are ready to roll. What about you?

hiya

still got belfast train , flight from berlin back to stanstead ,will pick up a couple overnights at travellodges when on the move n i think thats about it
    all loking good though ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    philthehip wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    evening lads an lassies

Hurrah! :D

We're all going on a Pearl Jam summer holiday....
    ok...the wine has addled my brain....
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    I've joined in on the wine drinking now. The missus has fallen asleep with her legs on me so I'm trapped until the bottle is finished. :D Playing songs from the laptop and had loads of slow PJ, Indifference, All Or None, NAIS, All Those Yesterdays but now it's Bonnie "Prince" Billy. :mrgreen:

veddertown wrote:
    I've joined in on the wine drinking now. The missus has fallen asleep with her legs on me so I'm trapped until the bottle is finished. :D Playing songs from the laptop and had loads of slow PJ, Indifference, All Or None, NAIS, All Those Yesterdays but now it's Bonnie "Prince" Billy. :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: I bet you're gutted about being trapped aren't you :D
    dottles wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Honestly, it's a right bugger! :lol: It's a shame I don't have 50gb of wine instead of music!! :D She just got off a 12hr shift, we ate Indian and she flaked. This pregnancy lark is no joke!

veddertown wrote:
    THATS YOUR PROBLEMS WHEN U ARE MARRIED,WIFE IS WITH A BABY IN THE BELLY AND U DONT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! :mrgreen:
    veddertown wrote:
    THATS YOUR PROBLEMS WHEN U ARE MARRIED,WIFE IS WITH A BABY IN THE BELLY AND U DONT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! :mrgreen:
    It's ok D, we're not married yet. We just really like having kids! :lol: I'll find a girlfriend when we're married! :lol:

veddertown wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Honestly, it's a right bugger! :lol: It's a shame I don't have 50gb of wine instead of music!! :D She just got off a 12hr shift, we ate Indian and she flaked. This pregnancy lark is no joke!

Aww, bless her, nope not a joke but huge prep for when the little one arrives and you've no chance of any fecking sleep!
    veddertown wrote:

:shock: :o ...................... :lol::lol::lol:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Right, for those of you going to Bilbao - are you all camping there? Do you know where the shuttlebus from the centre out to the festival goes from?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    edited May 2010
    veddertown wrote:

being trapped with pair of legs round you and a bottle of wine isnt the worst place i can think of being

i,m thinking about killing my missus at the moment

she a feckin crabit arshole all day today and is now away to bed thank feck

not sure i want locked up untill after the tour is by though , might leave her in spain on the road home :twisted:

:D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    veddertown wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    It's ok D, we're not married yet. We just really like having kids! :lol: I'll find a girlfriend when we're married! :lol:
    AH OK,THEN FOR NOW U NEED A FRIEND WITH BENEFITS!!! :lol:
    We've been through it all before so nothing new. It's such a shock to the system all the same and she's anaemic and gets tired enough just with the 12hr shifts, especially nights. I don't ever sleep so I'm ok. :D