!
    :mrgreen:

:D:mrgreen:

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen:
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    More Black Keys UK date for november;

Nothing down this way....

Of course there isn't. There's a huge great precipice which you'll fall off if you dare go south-west of Bristol! Living in the west country sucks from a live music perspective, have to travel all the time, though did get to see The Hold Steady in your hometown last year Leanne. Something to do with a lack of venues that hold more than half a person!

Need to look into these money cards, I have a post office one but if there's a better option out there then I need to check it out. Off to check out Martin Lewis' website.

Didn't watch the football, the darts from yesterday being postponed put paid to that. That, and the second last episode of The Pacific. Not surprised to read that England were, at best, ordinary. Can't believe everyone's getting so hyped up about the world cup... we'll probably crash and burn in the quarter finals again.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    ilockyer wrote:

Of course there isn't. There's a huge great precipice which you'll fall off if you dare go south-west of Bristol! Living in the west country sucks from a live music perspective, have to travel all the time, though did get to see The Hold Steady in your hometown last year Leanne. Something to do with a lack of venues that hold more than half a person!

Need to look into these money cards, I have a post office one but if there's a better option out there then I need to check it out. Off to check out Martin Lewis' website.

Didn't watch the football, the darts from yesterday being postponed put paid to that. That, and the second last episode of The Pacific. Not surprised to read that England were, at best, ordinary. Can't believe everyone's getting so hyped up about the world cup... we'll probably crash and burn in the quarter finals again.

Princess Pavilions does get some decent bands down here, I saw quite a few people there and in beach bars here last year - Eagles of Death Metal were ace, but have seen lots of others. I hate Plymouth Pavilions but Them Crooked Vultures were the best sound I've heard in that place. Obviously Eden Sessions, but they are hit and miss.

I went for the Caxton card in the end, not upper most on the Martin Lewis site, but other websites rated it as good and someone on here said they use it with no problems.

I think England were ummm, pretty pants :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    Princess Pavilions does get some decent bands down here, I saw quite a few people there and in beach bars here last year - Eagles of Death Metal were ace, but have seen lots of others. I hate Plymouth Pavilions but Them Crooked Vultures were the best sound I've heard in that place. Obviously Eden Sessions, but they are hit and miss.

I went for the Caxton card in the end, not upper most on the Martin Lewis site, but other websites rated it as good and someone on here said they use it with no problems.

I think England were ummm, pretty pants :?

The darts was great though!

Plymouth Pavilions isn't a bad venue, it's not ideal, but the sound has got progressively better over the years. Saw Radiohead there in 1997 and the sound was pretty poor, really good night though. Wasn't there talk of them pulling down the Pavilions and rebuilding it? What would do Plymouth good is if the Academy Music Group bought the old Dance Academy club and converted it. Great room, shame the club was so poor! In a bit of a state now though:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... hp?t=42028

Good job I like travelling! Off to see the Pixies at the Troxy on 4 June, then back to London on 6 June for Rage!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    is there some sort of tenclub/fan organized bus or train leaving from arras to rock werchter?

i ws originally only planning on berlin and arras, but after msg i really want to squeeze one more gig out of my eurotrip. its either nimejgen or werchter, and werchter seems a bit more convenient
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    I saw Radiohead at Truro City Hall (now Hall for Cornwall) in 1995, one of my first proper shows, it was not long after I had seen The Levellers for the first time at the same venue and got whiplash :lol: .
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    is there some sort of tenclub/fan organized bus or train leaving from arras to rock werchter?

i ws originally only planning on berlin and arras, but after msg i really want to squeeze one more gig out of my eurotrip. its either nimejgen or werchter, and werchter seems a bit more convenient

Nothing organised. Dimi has booked a train journey but it involves going very early, it looks like I am very luckily getting a lift between the two places. Well I've reserved a space in a car anyway :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

u got wercther tix??its sold out..u can find spares in werchter forum,people sells some..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Hey D, Im loving the badge. How much Ouzo do I have to drown you in to get one of those? :D
    philthehip wrote:
    Hey D, Im loving the badge. How much Ouzo do I have to drown you in to get one of those? :D
    He's used to ouzo, I think we need to drown him in some other alcohol!
    philthehip wrote:
    for u is only a jaccuzi dive with Leanne.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    He's used to ouzo, I think we need to drown him

:lol:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    He's used to ouzo, I think we need to drown him in some other alcohol!
    he he..kids 8-)
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    He's used to ouzo, I think we need to drown him

Oi...has Dave been teaching you how to do the quotes :lol:;)
    You want a badge you know, best behaviour :lol:
    philthehip wrote:

;) he'll not be getting a badge then :lol::lol:
    Only I shall be experiencing the jacuzzi in my room!
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Hey thats not the deal. I need that jacuzzi for medical (hungover) reasons :lol:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Hey thats not the deal. I need that jacuzzi for medical (hungover) reasons :lol:

Ok, well maybe you can use it the day of the gig to help you recover from the night before should it be required...with Dave to keep you company :lol::lol:
    Good morning :)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Good morning! 4 weeks today!!! This is unbearable! :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    morning all another day at work
    another day closer to dublin on 22nd
    sombody wants to buy my car so if they buy it i need to change the details for the ferry booking for driving to arras but hey ho thats the way it goes
    started to do my tour folder yesterday updating all the details and confirmations
    cant believe how much different stuff there is in it once you start

only got as far as berlin and folder is half full already

feels like its getting close now though

everyone have a god day an dimi diving in jacuzzi,s with strange ladies from the bottom of the world could cause any amount of unknown injuries you should be careful there ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Hey guys back from New York , Had a really good time and the shows, Rocked!!!! :D

Can i book the train form Dublin to Belfast now then, what time have you guys booked it for???

Thanks, Mike! :mrgreen:

glad it all worked out you got there ok an had a good one :clap:

see you soon buddy :thumbup:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    u r able to book the dublin - belfast train 28 days prior departure.... guess thats tomorrow, rite?

are we all on the 11am train?
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    alesek wrote:
    u r able to book the dublin - belfast train 28 days prior departure.... guess thats tomorrow, rite?

are we all on the 11am train?
    nop,its on thursday,and yes 11 am.
  • Looking for 2 Berlin TC tickets. PM if you got some :)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Nothing to do with the upcoming tour (or Pearl Jam ;)) but I was looking it up for something else and thought it may be a nostalgia trip for some of you (and mean nothing to others :oops: :P ) ... I was at this gig and it was AWESOME :mrgreen:

Watch that crowd go :lol: ... seriously one of the best times :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjBf4XNr7o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    So after reading the US tour fanviews, I caved and bought tickets to HRC... :oops: :) (already doing Dublin and Belfast)

Without trawling through various threads, has anyone got ideas/info about reasonabley priced hotels in London?? (Is there a hotel that a lot of fans are staying at?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
    Howdy!
    Not sure on the London hotels, I think there are a fair few staying in Travelodges. I know my hotel is full and my friend is looking for one near mine and the park but not come up with much. I can see him kipping on my floor.

I wish I could look at You Tube vids in work, mind you, I may not get any work done if that was the case.

Bit of an odd one, but would anyone have any use of professional car/sign writing quality vinyl stickers - little stars and all sizes of hibiscus flowers in various colours on tour or otherwise? (We've used others on bikes, surfboards, luggage etc in the past). My friends run a company tinting windows and doing decals for cars/vans etc and have a load left they want to get rid of from a VW event. The've brought them into the office and are asking for donations for charity. If anyone wanted some, I can pick them up and make the donation, just thought people might like them.