euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Loving Hunger Strike and Lukin II from MSG last night, Mike and Paka are so god damn lucky!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    An upcoming poster sale isn't going to do much for my saving plans! But I'll be having a look to see what there is.

Next up though, Dublin! Can't wait. Having a great day today, sun streaming in through the window, championship play off final on now, and an amazing game so far, the rugby to come and then champions league final. The one day, weather wise, I'd have been happy for it to rain!

Am looking into the possibility of moving my flight to Dublin forward a day, need to call the airline on Monday. Our landlord's having some work done here so it's tempting to avoid all that and go early!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    dottles wrote:
    Loving Hunger Strike and Lukin II from MSG last night, Mike and Paka are so god damn lucky!!!

Yeah Lukin 2 sounds pretty good.

Not bothering with posters, im concentrating on boots :D

Great game of footie at the min. Blackpool 3 - 2 Cardiff at half time.
    Yeah, come on Ian, come a day early...why would you want to be stuck with rubbish going on around you when you could be ramping up the show anticipation with us!

It's so lovely outside, I've been out playing in the garden with my cousins 4 year little boy but they've gone now and I've come in as I was starting to burn, damn being vampire pale!
    I've got the footie score running in the background, and later am going to watch a Seth Lakeman DVD of him at the Minack, as I've been told I am in it :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

Yeah Lukin 2 sounds pretty good.

Not bothering with posters, im concentrating on boots :D

Great game of footie at the min. Blackpool 3 - 2 Cardiff at half time.

I'll be getting boots too...but not every show like you lot!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah, come on Ian, come a day early...why would you want to be stuck with rubbish going on around you when you could be ramping up the show anticipation with us!

This is true. An extra day in Ireland is good for the soul. I will see how much it will cost me to change my flight. Have already emailed the Eliza Lodge to see if they have any rooms for the Monday night.
    dottles wrote:
    It's so lovely outside, I've been out playing in the garden with my cousins 4 year little boy but they've gone now and I've come in as I was starting to burn, damn being vampire pale!
    I've got the footie score running in the background, and later am going to watch a Seth Lakeman DVD of him at the Minack, as I've been told I am in it :?

Lakeman eh? Talented fiddle player. Saw him a few times when he was promoting the second album and he was OK, his main problem being an inability to control his voice, you could tell at times he just didn't know how the words were going to sound when they came out. Hope that's improved.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

This is true. An extra day in Ireland is good for the soul. I will see how much it will cost me to change my flight. Have already emailed the Eliza Lodge to see if they have any rooms for the Monday night.
    dottles wrote:

Lakeman eh? Talented fiddle player. Saw him a few times when he was promoting the second album and he was OK, his main problem being an inability to control his voice, you could tell at times he just didn't know how the words were going to sound when they came out. Hope that's improved.

I really like him, he's a good bloke too (goes out with a girl I went to college with) and yeah, the voice control has improved since I used to see him a few years ago. I'm a bit of a folky at heart.
    Who are you flying with?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

I'm loving this, I've had Hunger Strike in my head all day.
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    dottles wrote:

i really am a god damn lucky bastard even though I didn't go to MSG II.
    still can't believe and barely realize what I was a part of on thursday night - unreal describes it pretty well.
    it wasn't actually me who won the lottery, my seats were in section 106. my friend, who opened his 10c account on the last day possible so you could get tickets for this tour, won it. what a fuckin bastard!! ;)
    from 2 PM until the moment I fell asleep that day I had a constant :D in my face.
    but i still gotta say this - even though we won the lottery, it was nothing like the shows in Europe. actually i've never seen Pearl Jam from a bigger distance than last thursday at MSG. :roll: ;)
    IMO you can't compare the us to the eu shows - chairs and securities in the pit just kill the whole Pearl Jam experience. PJ experience to me is somewhat like Evolution -> Survival of the fittest. You gotta 'fight' for your experience... 8-)
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mean fight in matters of kicking asses but more in matters of queing up, resisting the thirst or defending your position in the first row.. :twisted:
    so I got home well this morning and am definitely looking forward to the real thing with you guys - let the show begin... :D
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    is it bad that i literally just saw 7 shows in under two weeks and i'm already very much looking forward to berlin?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    is it bad that i literally just saw 7 shows in under two weeks and i'm already very much looking forward to berlin?
    Nice to see u back here...u will have the chance to see something different of what u used too :)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Hi guys, had a shit weekend with tonsilitis and a wicked fever to accompany it. I think I have watched nearly all of MSG 1 and 2 on youtube and if you have the time to it's really worth it. Two amazing nights, great setlists and such a good atmosphere. I'm not missing MSG next time! Hope you're all having a good weekend. :D Back to bed for me. :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Paka wrote:
    dottles wrote:

i really am a god damn lucky bastard even though I didn't go to MSG II.
    still can't believe and barely realize what I was a part of on thursday night - unreal describes it pretty well.
    it wasn't actually me who won the lottery, my seats were in section 106. my friend, who opened his 10c account on the last day possible so you could get tickets for this tour, won it. what a fuckin bastard!! ;)
    from 2 PM until the moment I fell asleep that day I had a constant :D in my face.
    but i still gotta say this - even though we won the lottery, it was nothing like the shows in Europe. actually i've never seen Pearl Jam from a bigger distance than last thursday at MSG. :roll: ;)
    IMO you can't compare the us to the eu shows - chairs and securities in the pit just kill the whole Pearl Jam experience. PJ experience to me is somewhat like Evolution -> Survival of the fittest. You gotta 'fight' for your experience... 8-)
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mean fight in matters of kicking asses but more in matters of queing up, resisting the thirst or defending your position in the first row.. :twisted:
    so I got home well this morning and am definitely looking forward to the real thing with you guys - let the show begin... :D

travel safe my friend...i said in the past,ill say it again..the ones experience both(usa-europe show) know the difference..i wish i could be in a South America show..
    see u soon :)
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    D Im so excited for the tour. Cant come soon enough :D
    philthehip wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wKZeMjH ... re=channel

me too!!!!!!!!!!!fuckin great!!!!
    philthehip wrote:

Im really excited for Berlin.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    philthehip wrote:

:D:D:D:D

THANKS ED!
    They are playing stuff from new york on the radio
    Brisk. wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

THANKS ED!
    u fuckin love this video... :D
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557

THANKS ED!
    u fuckin love this video... :D[/quote]

DUDE I NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE, YOU SEE IT ALL THERE :P
    edited May 2010
    Evenin' see I arrive and no one is here!
    I've been out with my friend, we mystery shopped the wehterspoons (wierd job but hey free drinks), watched a bit of the footie final...and the special one made me smile he was looking preety cute despite not being my type there is something about that man, then I had a very strange experience bumping into my Dad -who was with a woman...who's not my mum :? :?, just drinking in a pub and he was fine introduced me tho I didn't get her name, and bought us drinks, all very normal, but eh ...that's not Mum you are with. :? :? :?
    ..... and then going to the cheesiest chaviest club and watching what could only be described as comedy...but bless them the lasses/blokes there thought they were being normal.
    I was having major self doubts about the tour earlier on today, but hey if the lot on the dancefloor tonight can go out in public I reckon I sure as hell can, so sorry, you lot are gonna have to put up with me :mrgreen:

I am so looking forward to this tour - Hurrah!!!!

I've drunk a fair amount....I ought to be asleep.......................................
    Post edited by dottles on
    dottles wrote:
    I've been out with my friend, had a very strange experience bumping into my Dad (who was with a woman...who's not my mum :? ) and then going to the cheesiest chaviest club and watching what could only be described as comedy...but bless them the lasses/blokes there thought they were being normal.
    I was having major self doubts about the tour earlier on today, but hey if the lot on the dancefloor tonight can go out in public I reckon I sure as hell can, so sorry, you lot are gonna have to put up with me :mrgreen:
    my dad married 3 times,my mom so..all together now
    ...1,2,3,4 ....keep on rockin in the free world :D
    dottles wrote:
    I've been out with my friend, had a very strange experience bumping into my Dad (who was with a woman...who's not my mum :? ) and then going to the cheesiest chaviest club and watching what could only be described as comedy...but bless them the lasses/blokes there thought they were being normal.

lol, you quoted whilst I was adding to my post :D
    hmmmm....it was very odd...but my Mum was at home, she dropped him into town for a pint....it was just odd
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

lol, you quoted whilst I was adding to my post :D
    hmmmm....it was very odd...but my Mum was at home, she dropped him into town for a pint....it was just odd
    no worries...
    1,2,3,4.what the fuck in this world... :)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Good morning all. Back at work today after 2 days in bed with tonsilitis and straight into Philly 4 on the walkman. After so much talk about rarities during the weekend you can't hold a candle to Outta My Mind and Bugs but the slow Lukin at MSG was really memorable. Can't say Sweet Lew has ever moved me in the slightest though. Only 30 days now until we see the first setlist in Europe and I can't wait. Hope you're all having a good weekend and Leanne I hope the hangover isn't too bad. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Hinn wrote:
    You may have read in various places that I'd arranged this place, The Phoenix, where we're all gonna go and get shitfaced the night before the Hyde Park gig.

Well, I'd reserved the place, but turns out someone then went around and slapped down a deposit with the pub for the same night, which means we need to be looking at somewhere else.

So forget everything about the Phoenix. It also appears there's really not much available to be sold off anyway to raise charity money. So it's really just about finding some place where we can have a big pissup.

The Londoners' old stomping ground of The Royal George has a gig that night, and their upstairs bar won't hold 120+ people. Others have suggested the Crobar, the metal place just around the corner, but that place is pretty much jampacked when there's 20 people in it. Intrepid Fox, a Goth place around the corner as well, is bigger and might be an option.

I'm gonna go walk around central london again today to do an alcohol-free pub crawl, to find a spot that'll hold enough of us and has the right kind of atmosphere. Nursing a hangover at the moment. This could get nasty.