euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    They played each venue, so I guess Dimi got sick of them :lol:
    They were ok, I like the first album they did...I have heard worse!

I'm with ya...I'm sure Ben will do us proud though...tough to get sick of him

:oops: I've seen Ben & R7 twice and it's not for me. I would have preferred Gomez again as support :mrgreen: sorry Dimi
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:oops: I've seen Ben & R7 twice and it's not for me. I would have preferred Gomez again as support :mrgreen: sorry Dimi

Are they really not that good live man??? :?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Are they really not that good live man???
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I'm quite a fan of BH although I'm more familiar with his albums before R7 but at the same time I'd rather not be watching him 4 times. The problem for me is at HRC where you really want to be getting a good spot for PJ because I'd happily go and watch someone other than Ben but positioning for PJ is more important. No objections to Gomez either but I wouldn't want to watch them every night either. At least with Ben we might see Ed early for Under Pressure maybe??
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    chime wrote:

I think if you're a fan you'll enjoy them ... I didn't know their stuff and I found it quite dull :oops: ... plus he spends half his time sat down so if you are short like me you can't even see him for a good proportion of the show :P

I wish they'd mix the support up a bit on the tour.

I may wander around at HRC and watch other stuff. I won't be aiming for a great spot ... it will be more about hanging out with friends and enjoying the show ... it's too long a day to be stuck in one spot for me ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    chime wrote:

I think if you're a fan you'll enjoy them ... I didn't know their stuff and I found it quite dull :oops: ... plus he spends half his time sat down so if you are short like me you can't even see him for a good proportion of the show :P

I wish they'd mix the support up a bit on the tour.

I may wander around at HRC and watch other stuff. I won't be aiming for a great spot ... it will be more about hanging out with friends and enjoying the show ... it's too long a day to be stuck in one spot for me ;)

Agree i don't like wolfmother so im thinking of watching the hives on the other side!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I reckon it's good to see other bands, I'd sure as hell struggle to stay in one place all day, The Hives are meant to be good, I may try and see them. It's such a vast space that wondering around is probably the best thing to do. Mind you we gotta wish for sunshine as Hyde Park in the rain is miserable!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    I reckon it's good to see other bands, I'd sure as hell struggle to stay in one place all day, The Hives are meant to be good, I may try and see them. It's such a vast space that wondering around is probably the best thing to do. Mind you we gotta wish for sunshine as Hyde Park in the rain is miserable!!

Really looking forward to seeing The Gaslight Anthem and hoping The Hives don't clash with anything else I want to see. Need to check out Chief and Expatriate before June but don't think I'll be getting too close to Wolfmother from what I've heard. Hoping to see some good food stalls besides the usual burger joints and weather is key to enjoyment indeed! :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Ooh, yeah I want to see The Gaslight Anthem too :D
    The few Chief songs I heard on MySpace were ok too, so will keep an eye out for them.
    I was looking at the Beautiful Days festival email today (festival set up by The Levellers in Devon) and they've got hugh fearnley whittingstall doing the food!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    Ooh, yeah I want to see The Gaslight Anthem too :D
    The few Chief songs I heard on MySpace were ok too, so will keep an eye out for them.
    I was looking at the Beautiful Days festival email today (festival set up by The Levellers in Devon) and they've got hugh fearnley whittingstall doing the food!

Oh he would run a mean food stall! He'd maybe introduce a few more people to roadkill :D Speaking of food did you make it to 15 for lunch and was it any good? I've been listening to The Gaslight Anthem - Sink Or Swim a lot recently and I think there's another album out for summer. I can't find The 59 Sound album anywhere although I know I saw it somewhere when I was tidying? I didn't get around to checking out Chief but I didn't like the Expatriate song I listened to. Am I right in thinking the singer in Wolfmother did Hunger Strike with PJ a year or two ago?

I did indeed make it to Fifteen, and it was very very lovely!
    I had cream of celeriac soup with aioli, then pappardelle pasta with pork and a balsamic ragu followed by pavlova roulade with poached pears and clotted cream..washed down with some fab rose :D My friend Harry had grilled gurnard with spiced chick peas, leg of lamb with caponata and an anchovy dressing and apple and lemon torte with vanilla mascarpone ...washed down with a pint of Betty Stogs ale.
    (Fifteen Cornwall -http://www.fifteencornwall.co.uk/)

And yep, the lead singer of Wolfmother did do Hunger Strike with Pearl Jam -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGOL-kh-TM
    dottles wrote:
    I did indeed make it to Fifteen, and it was very very lovely!
    I had cream of celeriac soup with aioli, then pappardelle pasta with pork and a balsamic ragu followed by pavlova roulade with poached pears and clotted cream..washed down with some fab rose :D My friend Harry had grilled gurnard with spiced chick peas, leg of lamb with caponata and an anchovy dressing and apple and lemon torte with vanilla mascarpone ...washed down with a pint of Betty Stogs ale.
    (Fifteen Cornwall -http://www.fifteencornwall.co.uk/)

And yep, the lead singer of Wolfmother did do Hunger Strike with Pearl Jam -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGOL-kh-TM

Yeah that all sounds pretty good. I could go a leg of lamb right now! Me and the missus are thinking about taking the kids to Cornwall for a holiday but probably not until next year now because of PJ and maybe a week in Greece in the October break. I've been having thoughts about Spain and Portugal now that I've added Berlin but I better not mention it yet :shh:

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    Just been watching a few episodes of Beavis & Butthead on Youtube, then moved onto Celebrity Deathmatch. There's probably a few that haven't seen this for a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uev9UYZ ... re=related
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    Just been watching a few episodes of Beavis & Butthead on Youtube, then moved onto Celebrity Deathmatch. There's probably a few that haven't seen this for a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uev9UYZ ... re=related

:lol: Not seen that in an age... :lol:
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Australia-Serbia is 7:30pm kick-off.

PJ hits the stage at Belfast around 9.

The match would end at around 9:20.

Eh, fuck this schedule. Seems like my initial hunch was right, no Belfast for me, definitely.

See yas at the pre-party.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    dottles wrote:

Thats wierd :?

Just google a currency converter to see how much it is. It was by far the cheapest we have seen for Paris but i guess the prices may have increased slightly.

Well, room is reserved!

Confirmation came through by email this morning, prices although showing on the website in AUS$ are actually Euros. Anyway, tis booked.
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    Is that you all booked and sorted (apart from the Irish trains which we can't book 'til May apparently)?

Anyone got any exciting plans for the Easter weekend? I was supposed to be going away but feeling really rough so think it'll be a weekend in the duvet!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Nothing here, this weekend, but that's only because we're leaving to NYC next week.
    ilockyer wrote:
    Is that you all booked and sorted (apart from the Irish trains which we can't book 'til May apparently)?

Anyone got any exciting plans for the Easter weekend? I was supposed to be going away but feeling really rough so think it'll be a weekend in the duvet!

Yes!! Well, other than getting home, from Arras to Leuven and the Irish train. :lol::lol:
    Hurrah!!!!

No exciting plans for Easter, although my diet may well take a knock as so far I've been given three Easter eggs ..so if anyone wants any Green and Blacks, Hotel Chocolat or Dairy Milk - let me know!!
    I'm going out with mybest mate tomorrow and another friend on Monday but thats about it. Weather is wild down here at the minute so it kind of limits what you can do.
    ilockyer wrote:

Hi am working! :(

Well il be off from 12 on sunday so ive got the rest of the day and monday!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Berlin hotel - booked! East side - hell yea ;)
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Berlin hotel - booked! East side - hell yea ;)

great! which one?
    Derag Hotel Grosser Kurfuerst. Never heard of it, but it's on Neue Rossstrasse. Used my old friend priceline :D Worked out to about 42 euros for a 3 star hotel.
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Derag Hotel Grosser Kurfuerst. Never heard of it, but it's on Neue Rossstrasse. Used my old friend priceline :D Worked out to about 42 euros for a 3 star hotel.

cool! never heard of it either, but did a quick search and it's really not that far away from ours. AND i checked the price i would have to pay for a single room if i'd book it on their page now, its € 190,- for two nights :o
    so, congrats! :D
    71step28 wrote:
    cool! never heard of it either, but did a quick search and it's really not that far away from ours. AND i checked the price i would have to pay for a single room if i'd book it on their page now, its € 190,- for two nights :o
    so, congrats! :D

Wow that's pretty crazy. I often check too after I buy from priceline and am amazed how much you can save. I feel bad for those who actually pay full price.

It looks like I can hope on the S train from Jannowitzbrücke and it should get me to the venue in 20 min.
    Rock and roll euro jammers!

th_914824d8.jpg
    Hope everyone is having a good Good Friday :)
    Mine has by family tradition consisted offamily friends dropping by, of baking cakes, making chocolate nests (with cadbury's mini eggs in them) and watching The Sound of Music :D:lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Gomez opened up for PJ last year in Berlin right? They were that bad huh?
    :evil:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    dottles wrote:

i like u,so i forgive u. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Hinn wrote:
    Australia-Serbia is 7:30pm kick-off.

PJ hits the stage at Belfast around 9.

The match would end at around 9:20.

Eh, fuck this schedule. Seems like my initial hunch was right, no Belfast for me, definitely.

See yas at the pre-party.
    the serbian brother will put u 3-0