euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    71step28 wrote:
    heres the Citystay http://citystay-hostel.eu/en/rooms-and-rates.html
    though the Tiergarten area is nice, closer to the venue. but from Mitte you can get EVERYWHERE very easy, honest

That's on the east side too it looks like..nice I think I stay on that side too...wish me luck on priceline ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the train journey. Nice way to see the countryside methinks!
    countryside methinks ??my greekglish dictionary dont have tis words :roll: :roll:

Hahahaha... ah young padawan, you have much to learn!
    shit..this gwetting harder now :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Hey - wanted to thank everyone for helping me out last weekend...i booked a lot of things for my trip and things are coming along very nicely..but saying that I'm gonna have a ton more questions...

How early do you have to arrive for flights in europe..ie belfast to lon, or lon to berlin..is it like 90 min?
    Red Lukin wrote:
    71step28 wrote:
    heres the Citystay http://citystay-hostel.eu/en/rooms-and-rates.html
    though the Tiergarten area is nice, closer to the venue. but from Mitte you can get EVERYWHERE very easy, honest

That's on the east side too it looks like..nice I think I stay on that side too...wish me luck on priceline ;)
    we will be there..so..u must too ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    you all talk about priceline?! what is that???? never heard of it before, really. is that like an auction where you say what you want to pay and wait if someone says, OK, I'll do, uhm, give it to you for that price?
    71step28 wrote:
    you all talk about priceline?! what is that???? never heard of it before, really. is that like an auction where you say what you want to pay and wait if someone says, OK, I'll do, uhm, give it to you for that price?

Priceline is the best website to book hotels. Basically you bid a price and they accept or decline. I got a 3 star Dubline hotel for $60, which I think is like 42 EUR. They add taxes and s/c on thop of that so it might be like 50 EUR. You can save up to 50%.

I never pay full price for a hotel now. Also, everyone I've told about this website loves it now.

The only downside is you don't know the hotel until you pay, but you get to select the # of stars and area before hand.

www.priceline.com
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Evenin' all,
    Hope you're all well. I've been out for a family meal as it would have been my Grandfathers birthday today.
    Anyway, seems Berlin planning is the object of the evening :D I need to book my flight to Berlin (I know, I know!!) and I am staying in Motel One on Alexanderplatz. Looking at things to do in Berlin, I will get there on the 26th so have a few days to explore. I studied European history at college, so there are some places related to that I would like go.

Does anyone know of anyone looking for Belfast tickets? A friend has contacted me to say - does any one want two seated tix (non 10 Club) to the Belfast gig? My friend can't go any more (she's gutted) and is looking to sell hers. They are upper circle, row W, they cost her £93 all in and she's not looking for a profit, just to recoup the cash she's already spent.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    Evenin' all,
    Hope you're all well. I've been out for a family meal as it would have been my Grandfathers birthday today.
    Anyway, seems Berlin planning is the object of the evening :D I need to book my flight to Berlin (I know, I know!!) and I am staying in Motel One on Alexanderplatz. Looking at things to do in Berlin, I will get there on the 26th so have a few days to explore. I studied European history at college, so there are some places related to that I would like go.

Does anyone know of anyone looking for Belfast tickets? A friend has contacted me to say - does any one want two seated tix (non 10 Club) to the Belfast gig? My friend can't go any more (she's gutted) and is looking to sell hers. They are upper circle, row W, they cost her £93 all in and she's not looking for a profit, just to recoup the cash she's already spent.
    ill spread the news..
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Red Lukin wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

Priceline is the best website to book hotels. Basically you bid a price and they accept or decline. I got a 3 star Dubline hotel for $60, which I think is like 42 EUR. They add taxes and s/c on thop of that so it might be like 50 EUR. You can save up to 50%.

I never pay full price for a hotel now. Also, everyone I've told about this website loves it now.

The only downside is you don't know the hotel until you pay, but you get to select the # of stars and area before hand.

http://www.priceline.com

OK, thanks, maybe they dont know or use it here in Germany, really, never heard a word about it. i safed the page now for the day i might need it :D
    71step28 wrote:

OK, thanks, maybe they dont know or use it here in Germany, really, never heard a word about it. i safed the page now for the day i might need it :D
    yep..2011 isnt that far away.. ;)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hey - wanted to thank everyone for helping me out last weekend...i booked a lot of things for my trip and things are coming along very nicely..but saying that I'm gonna have a ton more questions...

How early do you have to arrive for flights in europe..ie belfast to lon, or lon to berlin..is it like 90 min?

Yep, that would be the general time. The longest delay is getting through security, once you get through that, you're doing fine. Berlin Schonefeld check your bags before you check in which is annoying, so keep an extra few minutes handy there for that.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Yep, that would be the general time. The longest delay is getting through security, once you get through that, you're doing fine. Berlin Schonefeld check your bags before you check in which is annoying, so keep an extra few minutes handy there for that.

Thanks - here is Canada it's all over the place. 3 hours going over seas...just craziness
    dottles wrote:
    ill spread the news..

Cheers D :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Good evening everyone!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Good evening everyone!
    :wave:
    Good evening everyone!
    :wave:

Yo D!

Why can't it be May tomoz!!!! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Good evening DM, quieter on here since we moved to GTF. Hope you're doing good man! Hello to everyone else, hope you're all having a good week. Getting very excited about June now (that's May for you DM :evil: )and busy at work to make the time go faster :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    Good evening DM, quieter on here since we moved to GTF. Hope you're doing good man! Hello to everyone else, hope you're all having a good week. Getting very excited about June now (that's May for you DM :evil: )and busy at work to make the time go faster :D

Hey im doing good thanks, how are you Gary??

Did you get a Berlin tix then mate? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    veddertown wrote:

Hey im doing good thanks, how are you Gary??

Did you get a Berlin tix then mate? :)

Yeah, that's it sorted. Booked flight from here to Edinburgh after work on 29th and will get earliest flight next day for the gig. Can't wait! You'll be pretty high about MSG. Listening to a lot of boots right now and I'm really up for it :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I have the wonderful pleasure of sitting next to D for 6 hours 30 8-)
    Yeah, June can't come soon enough!!
    My family were all talking about birthdays etc earlier and they've decided to all give me Euros for mine which is just before Dublin, so that will help with the spending money and Mum and Dad have said I can either have Euros from them or the new camera I want (it's a Canon Powershot SX210IS if anyone is good at camera stuff...I like the spec and trust Canon :? :) )

Just got two flights left to book, as I've kinda decided not to do Venice. Brussels home could involve a couple of flights or a stop in London or Manchester before I come home.
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    EVENING ALL HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL
    MY DAUGHTER AN BOYFREIND DECIDED TO GO TO BERLIN NOW ASWELL
    SO LOOKING FOR 2 TICKETS FOR THEM
    IF ANYBODY SEE ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
    EITHER THAT OR I HAVE TO GO TO E-BAY
    CHEERS PAUL 8-)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Brisk. wrote:
    I have the wonderful pleasure of sitting next to D for 6 hours 30 8-)
    8-)
    dottles wrote:
    My family were all talking about birthdays etc earlier and they've decided to all give me Euros for mine which is just before Dublin, so that will help with the spending money and Mum and Dad have said I can either have Euros from them or the new camera I want (it's a Canon Powershot SX210IS if anyone is good at camera stuff...I like the spec and trust Canon :? :) )

Just got two flights left to book, as I've kinda decided not to do Venice. Brussels home could involve a couple of flights or a stop in London or Manchester before I come home.

Sounds good Dottles!!

I don't know much about cameras , sorry! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    dottles wrote:

you nearly there then Missus
    Im all sorted for tickets except the extra 2 i need now for Berlin :)
    all hotels booked ok :)
    still to book flights and 1 return ferry crossing :?
    need to make some extra cash at work as things starting to add up to a small fortune
    should be worth it though
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    dottles wrote:

Sounds good Dottles!!

Yeah, got a big family and we all still do the pressie giving thing, so it costs me a fortune throughout the year (and about £600 at Christmas!) but it means I get lots of pressies for my birthday too...plus Mum and Dad paid for my show tickets as my Xmas pressie this year. :mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:

Can't go wrong with a canon camera...2 of my last 3 were canon...the last one i bought was a powershot something..it's a great little thing..had it for at least a few years now...couldnt have done better for the price.

Just booked my 2nd last flight today...london to berlin..arriving on the 28th. Now the toughest flight is on the way home...eithe paris to home, or paris to london to home..
    Pke wrote:
    you nearly there then Missus
    Im all sorted for tickets except the extra 2 i need now for Berlin :)
    all hotels booked ok :)
    still to book flights and 1 return ferry crossing :?
    need to make some extra cash at work as things starting to add up to a small fortune
    should be worth it though

Yep, nearly there :D oh and getting from Arras to Leuven I have to sort that too.
    I know of two Belfast tickets going, but none for Berlin, but I'm sure we'll sort something out...
    Even with the family chipping in, yep it is adding up in costs but half of it is my own fault for deciding to stay in hotels...I'm not a princess, honest. It's just I prefer a comfy bed (made before I check in) and my own bathroom :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Sounds good Dottles!!

Yeah, got a big family and we all still do the pressie giving thing, so it costs me a fortune throughout the year (and about £600 at Christmas!) but it means I get lots of pressies for my birthday too...plus Mum and Dad paid for my show tickets as my Xmas pressie this year. :mrgreen:

Awesome Dottles, yeah hype park tixs were part of my xmas, and ny 2 tickets were for my b-day!

Whens your birthday D? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Can't go wrong with a canon camera...2 of my last 3 were canon...the last one i bought was a powershot something..it's a great little thing..had it for at least a few years now...couldnt have done better for the price.

Yeah, I got a neat little Canon I've had for a few years and it hasd taken an absolute battering being dropped at shows, in gig (as in rowing) sheds, beaches, pavements, rugby/football pitches, bars, pubs and generally ill treated on nights out. It still works but it is starting to show signs of wear now, grinding and the lens cover sticking, the battery covedr not quite fitting and loads of dents/scratches.