euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    ilockyer wrote:
    Is there any need for all this rain? Why can't the rain fall when we're all asleep or in the pub with no need to go out? Hopefully will have run out of rain by June! Summer tour can't come soon enough, can book train fare from Berlin to Amsterdam next week and then everything is done! Apart from the getting mega excited part!

Just seen about Eddie appearing with The Who, had a feeling that might happen. Hope The Who were better than when I saw them in 2007, very lacklustre set at Glastonbury.

Tell me about the rain! I've had enough already!! Defo time for the getting mega excited part soon :D But then you are an organised person, unlike me.

The Who are playing Quadrophenia tonight, I got offered tickets for tonight and tickets for Them Crooked Vultures, but decided not to do either.

....and Yvi, oh how I would run, maybe he'll pop down to Cornwall for a surf before he goes home! He can pop into mine for afternoon tea if he likes :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Eddies in London with the who, aww wish aye could be there!!!! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:

Tell me about the rain! I've had enough already!! Defo time for the getting mega excited part soon :D But then you are an organised person, unlike me.

The Who are playing Quadrophenia tonight, I got offered tickets for tonight and tickets for Them Crooked Vultures, but decided not to do either.

....and Yvi, oh how I would run, maybe he'll pop down to Cornwall for a surf before he goes home! He can pop into mine for afternoon tea if he likes :D

:shh: send me a text when he's around, I'll be there in a flying 1 1/2 hour or so to sugar his tea :angel:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Which one are you???

To the right of the guy with no shirt - or left side looking at the pic. I look super short don't I? These 2 guys were pretty big. That's okay I passed no shirt guy in that looong run : ) I ran in bear feet too - ouch :oops:

:thumbup: Glad you made it to the front!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    dottles wrote:

Even though i don't like them i hope you have a great!!!

Well ill be there but like i sed, |Enjoy! haha.

We'll all be in a state of anticipation and excitement for Pearl Jam :D
    My mates reckon The Hives are good.

Yeah they are pretty good i think!

I rather see the hives than Wm! ;)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Pke wrote:
    evening all
    a lot can happen in a day
    sorry to here that bad news D the world can be pretty shitty somtimes
    keep on rockin
    paul

Hey Paul.

Is it snowng in ayr??? :(

its worse than that i stay half way up the side of a hill in village of New Cumnock about 20 mile from ayr
    people have been known to sun-bathe in ayr while its a blizard up here
    have been fishing in the middle of May with snow falling
    mind you i think it might be worse up your way just now
    cheers Paul
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Paka wrote:
    had a crazy storm in zurich for like 2 hours today - after that, the most beautiful dawn I've experienced so far this year.
    the sky was one beautiful painting.
    winter, you're fuckin' done! :D

people, i just scored a 16 Pounds-accommodation in London and you know what? It's just next to the Hyde Park! :D

glad to hear Gomez wont play on the main stage.

must be a park bench for £16 :lol:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    dottles wrote:
    I'm quite looking forward to seeing The Gaslight Anthem at HRC

evening Dottles

never really listened to them much before but what ive heard i like

they one of the bands i'm lookin forward to aswell

paul
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk just said on Facebook that Eddie has appeared with The Who tonight at the Teenage Cancer Trust show at the Royal Albert Hall...I was offered tickets for that show and turned them down!!! (saving for PJ shows and was offered them just after Grandad died so wasn't really in the mood for organising a trip)

Lucky lucky people there, hope they enjoy it :D:D

feeeeeeeeeecckkkkkkkk i feckin had tickets in my basket for that and decided to passsss
    to keep money for the summer

feckin love the who an have seen them a few times before thought seing them play Quadraphinia would be magic

feckinn feck feck feck :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Paul, I'm with you on the feck front! :lol:

and I love the fact that you 'stay' outside of Ayr :D I have friends in Glasgow and love visiting them and hearing the differences in phrases. Gotta a bit of a thing about accents, that's probably why I did my degree in the north east :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

and I love the fact that you 'stay' outside of Ayr :D I have friends in Glasgow and love visiting them and hearing the differences in phrases. Gotta a bit of a thing about accents, that's probably why I did my degree in the north east :lol:

the accent from about where i stay is very thick and a lot of slang
    somtimes when i work in glasgow the guys and girls up there dont understand what im saying and its only about 35 miles away
    usually have to put my posh phone accent on :oops:

still cant believe i'm missing the albert hall the missus love Quadraphinia its here favourit albumn
    an she was already giving me greif about not going
    she away up stairs in the huff now :cry:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    dottles wrote:

the accent from about where i stay is very thick and a lot of slang
    somtimes when i work in glasgow the guys and girls up there dont understand what im saying and its only about 35 miles away
    usually have to put my posh phone accent on :oops:

still cant believe i'm missing the albert hall the missus love Quadraphinia its here favourit albumn
    an she was already giving me greif about not going
    she away up stairs in the huff now :cry:

:( Awel Dude!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Moin all...happy for brisk ,chime and Sandra was in the gig that eddie was in stage,congrats :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Moin all...happy for brisk ,chime and Sandra was in the gig that eddie was in stage,congrats :)

Lucky people, I hope they all had an ace time :)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:

Lucky people, I hope they all had an ace time :)

We did :mrgreen:

I was stood with Brisk in the gallery at the top of the venue ... but they sell very few of these tickets so only one row of people all the way round ... unobstructed view :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Gonna book my train from Amsterdam to Berlin today on the 29th. Anyone else doing anything similar for that leg of the journey?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Got a message from Rock Werchter about food and drink vouchers, has anyone bought these? I thought they were probably for people staying for the whole thing rather than for one day.
    From my experience, they would be used for everyone, regardless of how long your staying. It saves on vendors having to handle cash.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    From my experience, they would be used for everyone, regardless of how long your staying. It saves on vendors having to handle cash.

Thanks for that, much appreciated! Maybe I shall purchase some in advance as recommended.
    They are 2.50 euro each :D
    They are handy alright :D We had to get them for another festival I was at last year in Belgium. It then cost one token for a beer, two and a half for an almighty fry-up in the morning etc...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    What is everyone doing for optimus prime?

It's at the weekend so there are NO excuses as to why i cant be at the show.. however i just saw the saturday line up and would looove to see the Manics again as i had to miss them on their previous tour. So are people camping etc?
  • reign40reign40 Posts: 25
    Jennytree wrote:
    Gonna book my train from Amsterdam to Berlin today on the 29th. Anyone else doing anything similar for that leg of the journey?

Yeah I'm training to Berlin on the 29th, I think Dimitri is on that, what train\time etc are you taking??

Let me know as I'd love to kick with some 10 clubbers on the way
    I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Brisk. wrote:

It's at the weekend so there are NO excuses as to why i cant be at the show.. however i just saw the saturday line up and would looove to see the Manics again as i had to miss them on their previous tour. So are people camping etc?
    I'm flying in on the 10th in the morning (just booked my flight today) and will just go to the festival for the Saturday (well basically, just for PJ). Will stay at a hotel.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
    dottles wrote:
    Got a message from Rock Werchter about food and drink vouchers, has anyone bought these? I thought they were probably for people staying for the whole thing rather than for one day.

THINK I READ THAT YOU CANT BUY FOOD OR DRINK WITH CASH ONCE INSIDE ONLY VOUCHERS

THEY ARE A BIT CHEAPER TO BUY NOW UP FRONT AND + WILL SAVE HAVING TO STAND IN ONE QUE TO BUY VOUCHERS THEN ANOTHER FOR FOOD AN DRINK

I GOING TO GET SOME BEFORE I GO ANAYWAY

PAUL
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    edited March 2010
    Cool, thanks Paul (and Jenny), looks like you're right :)

The last food and drink vouchers are for sale now. Buy your food/drink coupons in presale and save money! Presale food/drink coupons cost 2.25 Euros. During the festival, coupons cost 2.50 Euros each. Presale for these food and drink vouchers will end on Monday, April 5th. After that, coupons can only be bought on the festival grounds.

Have you ordered everything already but forgot to order your food/drink vouchers? No worries, you can reorder them until Sunday, April 4. Choose the option 'E-ticket' while placing your order but pay attention: these vouchers can only be bought by credit card.

On the festival grounds , food and drink coupons can be purchased both cash or with a debit or credit card. Pay attention: KBC bank only provides one point where money can be collected, i.e. the mobile bank stand on the festival grounds.

So I shall be buying my coupons before Sunday :)

Edited to add that the minimum number of vouchers you can buy in the pre-sale is 20 for 45 euros.
    Post edited by dottles on
    Kloddz wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I'm flying in on the 10th in the morning (just booked my flight today) and will just go to the festival for the Saturday (well basically, just for PJ). Will stay at a hotel.

i jut looked at flights, and its like 100 pounds. Which airports are closest in order?

Ahh faith no more and aic too ahhh!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Jennytree wrote:
    we will book tomorrow,,we are a group of 10,Greek,Dutch,Brithish ,israelians,Americans..
    im not sure the time..il update u..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Help me Hard Rock Calling vets!

If I show up for Hard Rock Calling at 6:30, I'd probably be way the f**k in the back and the band will be like ants, right? My sister and her fiance can't take the day off from work :o so if I wait for them, that's when we'll be getting there.

I'm also guessing if I go ahead and try to save spots for them they won't find me, plus we'd get dirty looks from everyone, yes?
    Suziemay wrote:
    Help me Hard Rock Calling vets!

If I show up for Hard Rock Calling at 6:30, I'd probably be way the f**k in the back and the band will be like ants, right? My sister and her fiance can't take the day off from work :o so if I wait for them, that's when we'll be getting there.

I'm also guessing if I go ahead and try to save spots for them they won't find me, plus we'd get dirty looks from everyone, yes?

how do you 'save a spot' for someone at a festival, gues you just wait for them and go in as far as you can...i feel bad for doing that but most of the time i dont care as im really small so if i go infront they shouldnt mind but i dont know about your size ;p
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    As brisk said, don't see how you can 'save a spot' at a festival, even if you're at the barrier. Take chances and 'weave' in.