euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I mentioned a PJ inspired pendant I had commissioned from a friend of mine, well it's finished and I love it, so you will be seeing this on tour!
    pendant.jpg

(it's fine silver and 6 inches wide so you can't miss it really)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    Pke wrote:

We make a mini Scotish invasion of Europe along with all our PJ freinds

i doin Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter an Bilboa

lookin forward to Berlin the most though and werchter cause of line up

i takin the kids with me to some of them

what ones you doin ;)

where you at SBE with your wife and two kids??

yep was well on though was that feckin excited about goin ended up half cut and can only remeber half the night

scool boy error , you would think i would know better by now ,

did i meet you :lol:

You were fooked that night. You were slightly better at theO2. We met at SBE, your kids have the coolest parents :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    I mentioned a PJ inspired pendant I had commissioned from a friend of mine, well it's finished and I love it, so you will be seeing this on tour!
    pendant.jpg

:o SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Morning everyone!

NYC, Dublin, Belfast, Hyde park and Berlin here i come!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

yep was well on though was that feckin excited about goin ended up half cut and can only remeber half the night

a scottish guy... pissed at a concert? well i never! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    Morning everyone!

Congrats dude. I'm doing the same shows except for Hyde Park. It will be great summer :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Morning everyone!

:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:
    pendant.jpg

That's amazing :mrgreen: Very, very nice :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    pendant.jpg

That's amazing :mrgreen: Very, very nice :D

Thank you (and you D), she is very good and whilst it was not cheap even at mates rates, I love it.
    I wanted something that maybe PJ fans would notice/realise the association and inspiration but that would good as a piece of jewellery in its own right. I had considered a EV wave as well, and we thought about making it 3D, but I opted for the 3 crooked hearts instead, especially as I loved hearing Smile in Manchester last year.
    Lydia who made it for me is a PJ fan, I sent her a compilation of PJ tracks to listen to whilst she was making it to help with the inspiration. Plus the doodle/drawing on the Smile lyric card is fairly small! So to scale it up and make into something solid is an achievement.
    D, I used a photograph you had in your tattoo photo thingy on facebook as well, as someone had the crooked hearts on their back.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    edited March 2010
    Anyone know if you can buy an all weekend pass for Hard Rock Calling?

edit: another question - might be stupid but if you select to buy tix the day of PJ it says 'PJ tix', not tix to that day? You get to see all the bands that day right - like a normal festival?
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
    Red Lukin wrote:

I think you can dude, check HRC website

should be ino man!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Red Lukin wrote:

I think last year when they weren't sold out of day tickets they added a limited amount of weekend tickets that covered Saturday and Sunday ... but not the Friday. Am not sure what will happen this year.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Pke wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    hiya Guys no been on for a while to busy at work latley

would still have to agree Berlin is the best show ive ever been to an can't wait to get back this year
    even though its showing as sold out now would still recomend trying to find a way to get there

by the way the main reason i came on was cause i was flikin about on sky earlier on and came across a program on sky arts 1 eddie vedder on laird hamilton
    thought id let you's know incase any of you havent seen it before
    its repeated at 5.10 uk time tomorrow if any of yous have got sky + was defo worth watching

eddie and laird talkin bought life an surfin really laid back an relaxed film

Cheers Paul :)

Cool, I saw something about that programme on the forums last week maybe so I'll try and catch that. Are you headed for Berlin too my friend? There's not going to be any Germans at this rate. I'm still trying to get there but getting around the impracticalities i.e. my children is difficult when we're already doing 3 dates. Bummer if I have to watch a relay of Berlin and Ed does Arc. And they do Freebird :D

what ones you doin ;)

We're just doing Dublin, Belfast and London but not given up hope on Berlin yet. Not giving up hope on on more US dates for Autumn either so would try to make a couple of dates if possible :D Jealous of those who are going over for MSG!!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

I think last year when they weren't sold out of day tickets they added a limited amount of weekend tickets that covered Saturday and Sunday ... but not the Friday. Am not sure what will happen this year.

ahh thanks - so it's probably safest to buy individual days if you really want to go...thanks

tix are pretty expensive...just to see PJ and Paul costs more then a 4 day festival in the US. Live nation s/c sure don't help the cause either.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

ahh thanks - so it's probably safest to buy individual days if you really want to go...thanks

tix are pretty expensive...just to see PJ and Paul costs more then a 4 day festival in the US. Live nation s/c sure don't help the cause either.

Im thinkin of going to see PM in Glaasgow but im not sure? :?

Im sure hel put on a gr8 show on the sunday night!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    We're just doing Dublin, Belfast and London but not given up hope on Berlin yet. Not giving up hope on on more US dates for Autumn either so would try to make a couple of dates if possible :D Jealous of those who are going over for MSG!![/quote]

Looks like i scored ny1 tickets m8! YAY!!

Im sure they will play more us shows at the end of the year!
    :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Red Lukin wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

Probably ... I had bought individual Sat and Sun tickets last year when they announced the weekend ticket so was a bit :? :shock:
    :P
    dottles wrote:
    D, I used a photograph you had in your tattoo photo thingy on facebook as well, as someone had the crooked hearts on their back.
    :D i love this album
    veddertown wrote:

We're just doing Dublin, Belfast and London but not given up hope on Berlin yet. Not giving up hope on on more US dates for Autumn either so would try to make a couple of dates if possible :D Jealous of those who are going over for MSG!!
    what the pro with berlin?
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    veddertown wrote:

Hi D, the problem we have is just because of having young kids I'm afraid we can't always get childcare for long enough. I would pay over the odds for Berlin tickets based on the excellent reputation of the gigs there and I'll pull out the stops to make it but I don't think we'll manage. If we get more dates in the US later this year I'd love to go to Seattle but tickets would be hard to get. Really looking forward to the lights going down in Dublin now and the other dates of course but also the atmosphere before the gigs and meeting up with all the 10c'ers I've met on here. Wait until you see my specially made tour shirt! Watch this space!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    Pke wrote:

what ones you doin ;)

yeah briefly, we where very impressed with the kids, although im probably not that much older
    veddertown wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Hi D, the problem we have is just because of having young kids I'm afraid we can't always get childcare for long enough. I would pay over the odds for Berlin tickets based on the excellent reputation of the gigs there and I'll pull out the stops to make it but I don't think we'll manage. If we get more dates in the US later this year I'd love to go to Seattle but tickets would be hard to get. Really looking forward to the lights going down in Dublin now and the other dates of course but also the atmosphere before the gigs and meeting up with all the 10c'ers I've met on here. Wait until you see my specially made tour shirt! Watch this space!! :D
    I CAN BABYSHIT......BUT NOT AT 30-6-2010... :mrgreen: ILL BE ON TOUR ;)
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    dunkman wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

a scottish guy... pissed at a concert? well i never! ;)

might try an be more sensible this time ;)

probably will still end up pissed again though

just as well ive got the wife an kids to look after me :)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    veddertown wrote:

Hey veddertown

bring the kids with you to berlin and i get my kids to look afte your kids :lol:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Hey veddertown

bring the kids with you to berlin and i get my kids to look afte your kids :lol:
    :lol::lol: ..i love this community!!!!always ready to help!!!!!ill bring lollipop for the kids :)
    satansbed and philthehip
    cant work out how to reply to your posts system keeps coming up saying cant embed any more thn 3 posts in one message
    must be missing something
    hopfully will catch up with yous on our travells again this year
    will maybe remember what we actually talk about this time if i stay kind of half sensible and dont go mad with the drink
    although i fancy some of that ouzo that d is supposed to be bringing
    :mrgreen:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    More announcements for Arras tomorrow, no idea for what days -
    http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/en/new ... 82a9851b59

..and the Saturday night headliner for HRC will be announced next Tuesday.
    dottles wrote:
    More announcements for Arras tomorrow, no idea for what days -
    http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/en/new ... 82a9851b59

..and the Saturday night headliner for HRC will be announced next Tuesday.

Hmmm thx for update Dottles!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed and philthehip
    cant work out how to reply to your posts system keeps coming up saying cant embed any more thn 3 posts in one message
    will maybe remember what we actually talk about this time if i stay kind of half sensible and dont go mad with the drink

Hi Pke, you were hammered at SBE so Im shocked you even remember us. We met again at the O2 the next week and chatted a little more about your travels for the Euro shows. I hope we meet up again for a few drinks this time. We are at a few of the same shows so chances are we can have some drinks
    philthehip wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    satansbed and philthehip

Hi Pke, you were hammered at SBE so Im shocked you even remember us. We met again at the O2 the next week and chatted a little more about your travels for the Euro shows. I hope we meet up again for a few drinks this time. We are at a few of the same shows so chances are we can have some drinks

cool that sound good to me
    will see you soon then :)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09