Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    pdalowsky wrote:

That was an awesome day. Beautiful sunshine, great bands. Day before (RHCP played) it rained all day.

And offcourse a great show from Pearl Jam.

A day like that is way better than Pinkpop where you have alot of people that are not PJ fans.

absolutely right, my point exactly about glastonbury

however there should be a few festivals, we cant be too selfish and it might be a good way to get more people intrested in pearl jam
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    satansbed wrote:

.... it might be a good way to get more people intrested in pearl jam

i know what you mean... but ... do we really want that? :)

ahhhhh, where are those bloody dates ????!!!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    alfro_j wrote:
    According to a Dutch website, Pinkpop is negotiating with Rammstein, Muse... and Pearl Jam.
    ole ole ole ole..pearl jam pearl jam...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    The Netherlands is a great place to go see Pearl Jam! I've seen Pinkpop and PJ mentioned in the same sentence a few places over the last week or so - it should happen! I <3 European festivals, always so well organised and much cheaper with nicer weather compared to the Irish ones!
    exactly!!!!!!!and Dutch people are so fuckin great!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kloddz wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    alfro_j wrote:
    According to a Dutch website, Pinkpop is negotiating with Rammstein, Muse... and Pearl Jam.

Oooh, I quite fancy going to Pinkpop :)

So, are people thinking along the lines of early summer of PJ gigs with a sprinkling of festivals?
    That's certainly what I'm hoping for... :twisted:
    its a dream to see them in pinkpop
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    7 0r 8 sounds perfect

+1
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

.... it might be a good way to get more people intrested in pearl jam

i know what you mean... but ... do we really want that? :)

ahhhhh, where are those bloody dates ????!!!
    what he said!!!!!!!!!!!Prague is right!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Screw festivals. If they are do be the headlining act of a festival kind of show, then let it be a touring mini-fest of shows like Nijmegen 07- big name support bands with them finishing off.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    edited November 2009
    Pinkpop - 29May10 - 31May10.
    Post edited by alesek on
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Screw festivals. If they are do be the headlining act of a festival kind of show, then let it be a touring mini-fest of shows like Nijmegen 07- big name support bands with them finishing off.
    as it seems they will play festivals...and im sure they will be the ones close the night
  • Options
    :o i need to start lurking round here more often, way to make a great day hearing of a potential 2010 tour in europe :D just hope they do a few uk shows again :D
    Reading Festival 2006, London O2 2009, Leeds 2014, MK 2014, EV Solo London 1 2017, London 02 1 & 2 2018, Boston 1 & 2 2018.
  • Options
    They are not confirmed for Pinkpop yet. And i really hope they will not play Pinkpop. They are still negotiating with the bands. Pinkpop mostly announces a big name in December and more bands in January.

Like alot of people say, let them do a mini festival like they did in Nijmegen. That would be much better. I'm sure most pinkpop visitors only know Ten.
  • Options
    They are not confirmed for Pinkpop yet. And i really hope they will not play Pinkpop. They are still negotiating with the bands. Pinkpop mostly announces a big name in December and more bands in January.

Like alot of people say, let them do a mini festival like they did in Nijmegen. That would be much better. I'm sure most pinkpop visitors only know Ten.
    i want to see the band,,i prefer their shows ofcourse,but instead of not have them ...ill go to festivals too...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    god fuck festivals

festivals = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to say the least..... :roll:
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    god fuck festivals

yep and the sets are usually short and half the crowd arent interested
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    god fuck festivals

yep and the sets are usually short and half the crowd arent interested

And you've to listen to some pish bands from 12 in the afternoon first!!! :evil:
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    If Pinkpop,Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park etc all start announcing PJ I'd rather hold my money for MSG if that rumour happens. Ok, maybe just 1 festival!! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    hmmm yes festivals are expensive, but luckily pinkpop is in the netherlands :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Moemai wrote:
    hmmm yes festivals are expensive, but luckily pinkpop is in the netherlands :oops: :mrgreen:
    :mrgreen: great place to visit........
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    visit leiden, its much better then rotterdam:p
  • Options
    im not worry, u show me around... ;)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was hoping for this...

I'm heading from Australia over to the UK next year for the Glastonbury festival. U2 are already announced as one of the headliners. Kind of hoping Pearl Jam sneak their way onto the lineup as well.... would be a dream!
    and the good thing about U2 headlining is that they'll probably play the Sunday so that lives PJ free to play HRC on the Sunday and another night in Glasto (which is the only way I can do both) :P

for the people that say they won't do Galsto because it's sold out:
    - there'll be more tickets released once the cancellation have got in (you got until May to get a refund).
    - most UK festivals sell out in a heartbit anyway, it's just normally once the headliner are announced (which for Reading for example happens minutes before the tickets go on sale).
    - it's GLASTONBURY! they talked about the history of Reading but that's peanuts compare to Glasto (yeah I know, it's not as good as it used to apparently, but still..anyway, haven't been there since 95 so though I'd give it a try)
    dottles wrote:
    So, are people thinking along the lines of early summer of PJ gigs with a sprinkling of festivals?
    actually more like a summer of festivals with a sprinkling of PJ gigs.. see 2007..festivals are BIG, and easy, money for bands like PJ.
    nice parts of festivals: don't have to queue up all day to get to the front row, I get there mid afternoon :twisted:
  • Options
    Really hoping the euro tour 2010 is not just festivals :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Moemai wrote:
    visit leiden, its much better then rotterdam:p

I'll be sure to visit Leiden. but come on...Rotterdam's gotta be fun also. Tons of students
  • Options
    Really hoping the euro tour 2010 is not just festivals :(
    i hope too...but festivals have fun too..we can spread the jam too :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    for the people that say they won't do Galsto because it's sold out:
    - there'll be more tickets released once the cancellation have got in (you got until May to get a refund).
    - most UK festivals sell out in a heartbit anyway, it's just normally once the headliner are announced (which for Reading for example happens minutes before the tickets go on sale).
    - it's GLASTONBURY! they talked about the history of Reading but that's peanuts compare to Glasto (yeah I know, it's not as good as it used to apparently, but still..anyway, haven't been there since 95 so though I'd give it a try)
    :/quote]
    so,Pegasus when the festival annonced via their websites, we run for tickets or we wait for 10c announce first?/
  • Options
    and gives the dates..im tired this way of partys...lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21np18dDgXY
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Pegasus wrote:
    I was hoping for this...

I'm heading from Australia over to the UK next year for the Glastonbury festival. U2 are already announced as one of the headliners. Kind of hoping Pearl Jam sneak their way onto the lineup as well.... would be a dream!
    and the good thing about U2 headlining is that they'll probably play the Sunday so that lives PJ free to play HRC on the Sunday and another night in Glasto (which is the only way I can do both) :P

article i read said U2 would be the Friday night headliners so they could fly back out to the States to play Saturday and/or Sunday night on their tour there...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Brisk. wrote:
    god fuck festivals

+1 billion ;)

i can kinda see the band's reason for doing some festival shows but personally hate 'em (festivals that is, not the band :roll: )

having missed the Astoria show in 2006 i could have gone to Leeds or Reading but couldn't face it :oops: and then it turned out that we were on holiday at the time anyway so i was saved having to make the decision.

would love another show (or more!) at the O2 or somewhere near London, but otherwise will have to try and make Dublin/Manchester/Glasgow/somewhere in Italy...

...but, to summarise, please do some arena shows as well as or instead of festivals.

just my 0.02 quid...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Here is why PJ will not be playing festivals only, if any at all in my opinion. Festivals above everything don't pay well with so much 'talent' on the bill to pay, not nearly as much as their own tour. Plus with the band's merch swimming amongst 10+ other's on the stands, the tour-making tshirt bucks are down and it is there where bands actually make cash from tours, and for themselves too which is a good thing in this day. I'm not saying at all that it is money that is driving the guys, its just that since they can still rock the f**k out, but who knows for how long, they're gonna bring it to as much of their own fanbase as possible, and please let that be the case!

I still think a Spring arena sojourn on this side of the Atlantic is on the cards, but hey if they wanna come back for summer they are of course more than welcome. Later maybe they'll hit another PJ-starved continent, be it South America or Canada or wherever else, to sell more tshirts :D

Note: Since I said this the opposite will typically happen.