euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• i am still undecided about Nijmegen as well. It was great last time, but i love berlin, and if i do Nijmegen, then i have very little time to enjoy Berlin
    people told me that Nijmegen is a fuckin great place+ill see my Dutch friends!!!!!so no way miss that!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dottles wrote:
    :lol: ..No way to play tourist...all i want to know is the pre-party in Dublin.in Netherlands the Dutch are fucking rock,so all good,IN Berlin ill take the train from grehjimivg6romntitnibusurbPLATZ, and i wanna drink my beers with 10c friends .in Arras i want to taste wine,in Italy ill drink espresso..in poland i just dont wanna lost and get in time....the last 2..ALL SET...!!!SPAIN - PORTUGAL...CALIENTE!!!! ;)8-)

But that's just it, I think it would be a shame to go to these great cities and not see them. This is for me more than just my love of the band, yes it is my primary reason, but this a challenge to myself, doing something that scares me more than a little. A few years ago I would never have dreamt of doing something like this, maybe even a year ago if I am honest but I am a stronger person now and am going to do it, it's going to cost a fair bit but want to get all that I can out of it. :lol: That includes beers (well cider, I don't drink beer), wine, espresso, pre parties and hopefully meeting new people! :D

if you have not been to Berlin before then i would go there and skip Nijmegen.
    That is what i am thinking of doing. I lover berlin, and a day and a half there with the exception of show day is not enough for me.
    Going from Nijmegen to berlin, and then back to Werchter is a long way to go for a show and a day in a city.
    Touring is tiring business, and you do need to take time out. For me, it is not all about the shows, but more about the people, and the destinations.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!

• if you have not been to Berlin before then i would go there and skip Nijmegen.
    That is what i am thinking of doing. I lover berlin, and a day and a half there with the exception of show day is not enough for me.
    Going from Nijmegen to berlin, and then back to Werchter is a long way to go for a show and a day in a city.
    Touring is tiring business, and you do need to take time out. For me, it is not all about the shows, but more about the people, and the destinations.
    i was last year in Berlin,for pj.after Berlin is Poland,after Arras and after Werchter .im not taking vacation my friend..i take my vacation for follow the band..ill be in 11 different citys 1o different countries in 20 days..the biggest gap i have is 2 days and that with the traveling in..so any time left,ill be see the citys,try to feel their rythm..alot of friends to see before the shows.and my country is not like the other europeans ,like british from exable..they do dublin ,belfast london,,stay home and after again berlin..me cant go back to Greece and back to a show,back to Greece and back..its too far away,too expensive..most of the friends from europe countrys book for 20-30 -40 euros flight for dublin from notrh europe,with no stops.ill change flight in London +i pay 200 euros that was the cheapest...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    each to their own really.
    The way this tour is layed out, doing all shows like you plan is going to be very very tiring, but i hope you enjoy it :D
    I am on the tour for a good time with my euro touring friends, and enjoying the shows, like all of us are.
    The stress of worring about 10 countries in 20 days, making all transport links etc would take away from the enjoyment. The early flights, long train rides, while part of the experience will wear you down, and it is for those reasons i plan to skip Nijmegen, Poland and Italy and Bilbao. Arras is a maybe, but my plan is the 4 days at Rock Werchter, camping out and having fun with friends and Belgian beer :lol:
    I have never been to Portugal either, and plan to arrive there a few days early and live it up with the Portugese PJ crew.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    The way this tour is layed out, doing all shows like you plan is going to be very very tiring, but i hope you enjoy it :D
    I am on the tour for a good time with my euro touring friends, and enjoying the shows, like all of us are.
    The stress of worring about 10 countries in 20 days, making all transport links etc would take away from the enjoyment. The early flights, long train rides, while part of the experience will wear you down, and it is for those reasons i plan to skip Nijmegen, Poland and Italy and Bilbao. Arras is a maybe, but my plan is the 4 days at Rock Werchter, camping out and having fun with friends and Belgian beer :lol:
    I have never been to Portugal either, and plan to arrive there a few days early and live it up with the Portugese PJ crew.

yeah seen them in poland.. arras would be cool, sooo badly want to go portugal and spain though and hopefully
    italy.... thats if i dont get a job starting in july eee!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Brisk. wrote:

yeah seen them in poland.. arras would be cool, sooo badly want to go portugal and spain though and hopefully
    but then the question would be, how would you pay it...you wanna join a bank robbery? We still got plenty of them here in switerland..;)
    Paka wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

but then the question would be, how would you pay it...you wanna join a bank robbery? We still got plenty of them here in switerland..;)

you go to the 06 show in bern? was top class!

Yeah festivals are the most expensive way to go argh, its almost double a normal ticket for a day pass grr unless the lineups are great its still taking some thought.

***EDIT*** may even wait to see what that states gets.
  • each to their own really.
    i m going to see pj...dont care about the travels,im going to be with friends,new and old ones...and im happy for it.. :D
  • Paka wrote:
    dont wear pj shirts during robbery ;)
  • Brisk. wrote:

good point..
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Nijmegen over Berlin? Tough call but I really <3 Berlin, and that's why I'm spending a few days there after the show before heading towards Spain (hopefully!)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Nijmegen over Berlin? Tough call but I really <3 Berlin, and that's why I'm spending a few days there after the show before heading towards Spain (hopefully!)
    ill choose berlin for the show,but Nijmegen for the country.. :D
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    Brisk. wrote:

good point..

Miami April please or anywhere in Florida would perfect.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jennytree wrote:

I'll choose Nijmegen for something else ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I'll choose Nijmegen for something else ;)
    :silent: :thumbup:
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    Nijmegen is a very nice venue indeed.

But for me personally i'd rather had Amsterdam... they could play in Paradiso :lol:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • RideRick wrote:
    Nijmegen is a very nice venue indeed.

But for me personally i'd rather had Amsterdam... they could play in Paradiso :lol:
    where is that???in red district road? :lol::lol: i would notice that.. :lol::lol:
    what the hell is going on with the 6th..
    where is that???in red district road? :lol::lol: i would notice that.. :lol::lol:

410512726_623109123b.jpg
    paradiso.jpg
    244411682_f359516c38.jpg
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I heard on cbs radio that whoever gets the most responses to a whinging post about politics, Philly boots, neglect from 10c , etc will get an exclusive acoustic show right in the comfort of their own living room and that is to be on the 6th. Sorry Italy :cry:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • RideRick wrote:

410512726_623109123b.jpg
    paradiso.jpg
    244411682_f359516c38.jpg
    FUCKIN YES!!!!!!!
  • veddertown wrote:
    I heard on cbs radio that whoever gets the most responses to a whinging post about politics, Philly boots, neglect from 10c , etc will get an exclusive acoustic show right in the comfort of their own living room and that is to be on the 6th. Sorry Italy :cry:
    :lol::lol: ..awesome!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKIN YES!!!!!!!

http://www.pearljam.com/show/paradiso-jul-18-1993

and Nirvana also had a famous concert on this very stage.

It's an old church... best soundquality i've heard and....

the afterparty would rock :lol::lol:

2984058016_ee788fe3e7_m.jpg
  • RideRick wrote:

the afterparty would rock :lol::lol:

2984058016_ee788fe3e7_m.jpg
    i bet my money on this!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • brisk wrote this"
    """My mate sent me a text on friday night asking me if i had a spare ticket to see Pearl Jam @ 02... i texted him back asking what the hell he was on about, i just thought he was getting confused with august so i ignored him... but i just texted him now and he said he heard it on the radio?

He now saying "pretty sure absoloute radio and have a competition on" but i dont see anything.""

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    My mate sent me a text on friday night asking me if i had a spare ticket to see Pearl Jam @ 02... i texted him back asking what the hell he was on about, i just thought he was getting confused with august so i ignored him... but i just texted him now and he said he heard it on the radio?

He now saying "I defo heard a comp for pearl jam ticket and im pretty sure it was absoloute radio"

I dont see anything on their website.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :? :? :? :?
  • Brisk. wrote:
    My mate sent me a text on friday night asking me if i had a spare ticket to see Pearl Jam @ 02... i texted him back asking what the hell he was on about, i just thought he was getting confused with august so i ignored him... but i just texted him now and he said he heard it on the radio?

He now saying "I defo heard a comp for pearl jam ticket and im pretty sure it was absoloute radio"

I dont see anything on their website.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :? :? :? :?
    which radio station?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    By O2 could be confused with Dublin as that venue is the O2 aswell???
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    good point..
    chime wrote:

ugh i just spoke to him and he seems unsure now, definatly heard pearl jam ticket comp for the 02 but I think its the 02 dublin... would make sense lol.