Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Given To Fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw9iw3SXGNw

I think the hands in the clip just make even more enjoyable...& Mike doing his scissor kicks are sooo cool.

Next week I might covert some of these to HD...they take for ever to upload...

Next & Final vid till next week Daughter

Gerry :)
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Given To Fly

I think the hands in the clip just make even more enjoyable...& Mike doing his scissor kicks are sooo cool.

Thanks Gerry my favourite song of all time and they didnt do it in Adelaide now I am sure they wont do it for me in my home town Sydney fingers crossed for Brisbane.If not i will just have to watch your VIdeo .
    Thanks for your posts us 10c really appreciate it.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    Yep yep yep, amazing gig. Couldn't have ended my honeymoon in a better way! :D

Mike was on fire all night, running around, doing a cool little tango thing all night.

The crowd was massive, Ed kept repeating near the start to look after each other and hydrate, seemed to say this more than usual so it seemed even he was taken back by the size of the crowd.

Ed dedicated a song to Matthew Richardson (given to fly) - said he was the only AFL player he could ever remember and he just found out he retired (called him Mark Richardson first which he later corrected and said he got the name confused with his great mate and surfing legend Mark Richards, had a laugh and said he's never been so embarrassed in front of so many people).

Stoked for the fella and his missus from Perth who were next to me and my Wifey that they got the tamborine from Ed - Awesome!

Brother, Present Tense, Spin the Black Circle, Why Go, Deep - highlights for me
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Hands down the best set list of the Aussie leg so far and a definite on the bootleg requirement!!

Nice one!! 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88M2gm242zs

My fav vid of the night :)
  • Options
    Well that was the best p.j gig I have ever been too, you read the concert reveiws so I'm gonna add in my little bragging rights...I GOT EDDIES LIGHTER.... when you ran to the right hand side of he stage, bottle of wine in hand... everyone is pointing and waving....not me..I'm a fucking aussie, I'm signalling "GIMME A DRINK"....he smiled laughed and ran back to Boom.. I thought that was the end but he's come back over, pointed to me and thrown me his lighter, you all seen it before its the wild zippo with the E.V on the back but this has lighter fluid in it.. I'm guessing they don't send them out this way, so i choose to believe it was ed's personal use one. Then later in the show, he came back and gave the other tall guy next to me his bottle of wine.. which we passed around to the tight few friends we had made during the day and "shared a drink with eddie", also, a bonus pro tip.. get to know your security guards, joke with them, keep them entertained, and at the end of the show when a handful of pics gets thrown out... watch the HUGE man fight other security men for the ones that dont make it to the barrier.

On a side note, to all the wonderful people I met from 7:30am onwards Matt and wife, Chad Mitch,Katrina and sooo many others.. getting to meet alot of you guys was the real highlight... oh well see you in sydney!
  • Options
    Just a sample of my Melb Pics....the rest including Adelaide,Sydney & Brisbane will share them next week
    on flickr

Hope you like them

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... c4424ebcff

• Options
    best show I have ever been too, it was epic and it was great to be surrounded by so many great people. Currently feel like i just ran a marathon it was that epic. Set list was awesome with the only downside being it is now over and we have to wait for the boot of the show.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    KattyKatty Posts: 3
    AMAZING SHOW!!

but also..
    A big thank you to the promoters who made the 10C line move to other side of the door and in doing so meant the last few hours we spent in line meant nothing after we lost about 100 places. Also a big thank you to those idiots who made their way up to about row 4 Stone's side where I and alot of other people, mostly females had to put up with your drunken shit. I'm sure some people will know who I mean, the guy who put he's little friend on his shoulders.

I was there with my shorter friend just to the left of these two, the guy was actully a girl with her friend on her shoulders, back shirt, shaved head and a tattoo on her arm?, female. :) Thankfully it didn't last too long, a couple of guys did the same later on and started jumping around in to everyone, I am up for everyone jumping around and having a good time but as Eddie said, just give everyone some space, we had two tall guys behind us that kept all the idiots away from us (well themselves but effectively us as well) had quite a few late comers trying to sneak up in front of us, we were about 5 deep from the front, great spot, highlights for me, Oceans and Red Mosquito

Liam Finn was great to watch too, will be looking out for more of his stuff

edit: Actually ashtrayheart, I think you are probably talking about the 2 guys jumping around now, there were two females as well
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Highlight for me which I forgot to mention was seeing Eddie come off stage after singing with Ben and picking up his two daughters and dancing with them ..one on each hip. Also noticed Jill later dancing with Harper on her shoulders. During Mikes solo in Evenflow Eddie went off stagestage and it looked like he was saying goodnight to the little ones......mmmm Yummy Daddy.

Low light was trying to make my way back to my spot after toilet break and being made to feel like I was pushing in. Some one pushed me into a girl on the barrier before realising that I was meant to be where I was.
    Sorry to the nice girl from England that I fell on.
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited November 2009
    YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
    What a show!
    I think this beats Adelaide!
    I got up to the front :)
    Hours lining up in the shit weather, no fluid all day, only small sips inside during the encores.
    Dehydrated and exhausted and my lower back is fucked but well worth it.
    Time to do it again on Sunday.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Anyway I'm finally up and WOW just wow. My ex and myself went to the show with another 3 mates. 3 of them had never seen Pearl Jam live and after the show they were like, "That show was epic" one who had seen other bands play before said "Wow so that's what a rock concert is meant to be like" They seriously had there minds blown and 1 is a casual fan, 1 likes Pearl Jam but this was there first Pearl Jam show and my ex well she had a huge smile during the whole show. All of them totally floored at what they had witnessed.

Where to begin? I'm not going to go through every song but the main highlights were the band hitting the stage. Before starting Ed was like everyone take care of each other then a MASSIVE singalong with Small Town into Corduroy. When the opening riffs of Animal began holy SHIT, massive surge forward in my area of The Fixer area of the floor, there were some REAL jerks there last night ( get to that later )

Then Ed introduced Brother and everyone in my section was like looking at each other doing this :shock: After a blistering Even Flow, Ed makes a quick speech counts to 4 and Oceans starts everyone again :shock: Having small town played as the opener I crossed this off the list of being played. Damn WE WERE LOUD on this one!

Force of Nature my favourite Backspacer song was great really pleased to here it! Then followed up by another massive singalong with Present Tense. LIke seriously the amount of lesser played was seriously getting ridiculous! Given To Fly had the whole fixer area singing and jumping around. Then Ed introduces Glorified G then realises that Daughter is actually before Glorified G on the set. Something along the lines of "wait were not going to play glorified G" the crowd let's of a massive BOOOOOOOOOOOO and Ed wearing a massive grin before they kick into daughter. Yet ANOTHER loud singalong nice call and response then ABITW, then they go into Glorified G

To close the set Do The Evolution gets the majority of the fixer area jumping in unison during the start of the song! It was a sight to behold! I actually stopped jumping for a bit and just felt the floor bouncing in perfect unison and took in what was going around me. Was GREAT!

Ed comes out people around me are all agreeing Just Breathe, then Ed does an "attempt" as he calls it of Neil Young's The needle and the damage done. A very good attempt may I add. Ben Harper joins them for Red Mosquito and Indifference also another great highlight.

Then comes one of the most ridiculous ( in a good way ! ) things in the set... The Ten "foursome"... Jeremy I thought ok, encore ends here... Then deep... Ok the encore will end here for sure... Then Why Go... "Ok this time there getting off the stage for SURE" Then Ed grabs a guitar and starts Porch! What a TOTALLY blistering way to end the first encore.

Unfortunately my ex was totally not feeling so well ( lack of hydration and just standing up for such a long period of time had taken its toll) So we made our way to the lower bowl to grab some water. As we made our through the fixer field we grabbed each others hand's and were serenaded by Throw Your Arms Around Me =D

We finally got in line to grab drinks and Black started and we shared a REALLY HUGE hug! We both wanted to hear this really bad and I was sure that it's absence in Perth and Adelaide would ensure it would would be played in Melbourne, and that it did. Got our drinks and found some vacated seats in the lower bowl and finished the show from there.

I thought up front was loud but FAR OUT the sound from the crowd in the lower bowl was INCREDIBLE! Especially during Alive! After being in the fixer area for a majority of the show it was a spectacle to behold seeing the fixer area in action! The fist pump of the "YEAHS" during Mcready's solo during Alive was a sight to behold! A mass sea of people fist pumping in unison!

House lights slowing start turning on as Baba kicks in, after Baba with all the house lights up Yellow Ledbetter is played and after an incredible 2 and a half hours the band says goodbye and kick's some Footballs into the crowd! Takes a bow and finally leave the stage.

But to the jerks in the fixer area, especially the big guy who was just pushing ladies out of the way. Have some respect dude, that was uncalled for. Good to see the blokes who were in 10c held there ground and told the guy ( and every other person who tried the stunt )to cut it out. Overall it was great to see the 10c as a whole take care of each other =D

Finally the 5 guy's that split the fixer field in half by using themselves as human battering rams thanks for nearly knocking me out on my ass :evil: Though my mates and myself got closer to the stage because it was either go with you or be trampled on :evil: Might want to re-think that through next time, people could have seriously got injured -_-

But to leave my fanview on a positive note. Best show of any kind I've been to, best Pearl Jam show I've ever witnessed.

EPIC SHOW WAS E P I C!
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    edited November 2009
    Pearl Jam is a drug... and I want more

Half way through Ben I was feeling pretty ordinary, not enough water, didn't want to lose my spot, but some well times water from security and Eddie joining Ben for ''Under Pressure'' and it was like I just had a hit of something, and it lasted all night.
    What a freaking concert, what a day, I have never been so sore, and I have only just removed some knobs elbow from my ribs.
    Highlights, GTF, Black, Present Tense, fuck it... the whole set list was fantastic, our whole section was going off.
    Thanks to the other big fellas with me doing our best to keep the knobs out and protect those in front of us, it was like a gym workout.
    Loved Liam Finn and EJ, he is one intense dude..
    Gerry - keep the footage coming, great work.
    To all the pink wristbands out there, thank you, met some great people and had a great night..
    MJ
    Would love to see the photo Liam took of the band at the end, and see what almost 50,000 pearl jam fans looks like..
    Post edited by mj351 on

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    This show was AMAZING!!!
    I was overwhelmed by joy...
    You NEVER disappoint...
    possibly the BEST one yet....
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Thanks for that Dr Chrono (and everyone else!)

That sounds like a brilliant show. Looks like they were pulling out some overlooked gems from right across the entire catalogue (with a very healthy dose of the formative years!)

I would love to hear Oceans live, that song will always be special to me – the moment I realised Ed wasn't my fucking enemy, but maybe deep amongst this shit too. One hell of a relief I can tell you. Everybody should have a Vedder in their corner I think (can't they make that an Amendment or something?).

I'm guessing Mike had something to do with the AC/DC medley. Still ,who's gonna argue with him when he's closing a show like he does?

Good times!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Just a sample of my Melb Pics....the rest including Adelaide,Sydney & Brisbane will share them next week
    on flickr

Hope you like them

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... c4424ebcff

Thanks. Hope Brissie show is just as good. Being the last show on Australian soil and all. :)
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Thats alot of TEN in that show... pretty cool
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Wow, wow wow. I am still getting tears in my eyes when I think of last night... what an unbelievable set list, and all of the guys were rocking. This was my 7th PJ gig, and would easily the best if it were not for the nostalgia of '95.

Porch, Oceans and Given to Fly were highlights and I started crying during Just Breathe... it was so amazing to hear the song played live, will have to wait for the boot, as the studio version will no longer sufffice. Mike and Jeff were jumping and pumping as usual, this was my first time on Mike side and I was truly entertained by his antics!

I was worried how my body was going to handle lining up from midday, but it went so fast and was actually almost an enjoyable experience - thanks to all of you 10C people for being awesome. My sore back was forgotten the moment PJ took the stage, and I did not give it a second thought. It was worth the awesome spot, had a spot along the aisle fence and ALMOST got to touch Eddie as he ran past. Kudos to the girl opposite me who got Ed's tambourine, I wish I had taken a pic of your face, you looked absolutely incredulous and I thought for a moment you had forgotten how to breathe! Good on you :)

Only lowlight was the looser with the bike helmet that pushed his way through.. seriously dude, a bike helmet??? And please, wear some deodorant next time for the comfort of others!

Thanks to security for hydrating, laughing and joking with us and keeping things under control - you guys did a really good job.
  • Options
    alivein95 wrote:
    Only lowlight was the looser with the bike helmet that pushed his way through.. seriously dude, a bike helmet??? And please, wear some deodorant next time for the comfort of others!

Few of my other mates told me about this bike helmet guy... How security let him in with it I really don't understand...
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    Kat wrote:
    November 20, 2009, Melbourne, Australia, Etihad Stadium
    Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Small Town, Corduroy, Animal, Got Some, Brother, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Oceans, Lukin, Green Disease, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Gonne See My Friend, Given To Fly, Daughter / Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters), Glorified G, The Fixer, Do the Evolution,

1st encore: The Needle And The Damage Done-(Young), Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, Jeremy, Deep, Why Go, Porch

2nd encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Liam Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters), Black, Spin The Black Circle, Alive, Baba O'Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter / AC/DC Medley-(Scott, Young, Young)

WOW! What a show, Melbounians have been waiting a while for this and although we have been soooo lucky having Pearl Jam play 4 tours before this, this show outrates all the other Melbourne shows i've seen. 2006 i saw 2 shows and they were great - this was unbelievable!

For starters - the venue and sound
    While the venue lacks intimacy it made for a huge crowd and the sound was fantastic, better than i thought. Ed made a few mentions of the crowds size; and from where i was they made a lot of noise with heaps of singalongs.

The set was epic - from the plethora of ten songs which were all well recieved, to the new ones including The Fixer and Just Breathe (which from my vantage point everyone was digging it). Some great surprises - Needle and the Damage Done, Brother, Deep, Baba, Glorified G, Present Tense and OCEANS (mid set).

I made a tongue in cheek request thread the other day and nearly all of my requests got played so i was thrilled, although i severely doubt Ed read my message! Hahah. Only disappointment if there was one, was not hearing Unthought Known, although u cant hear them all! Shit they played 32 others!!!!!!!!!

Personal highlights - Animal, Even Flow, Present Tense, Red Mosquito, See my Friend (dedicated to Nick Cave), Baba and Why Go.

This band make u believe in rock music and i doubt that many current or new bands in the fututre will match their status as one of, if not the greatest live bands ever!

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board. Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you. :wave:
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    All i can say is....
    Best show i have ever seen!!!!!
  • Options
    evlloyd wrote:
    All i can say is....

Now if only my mate from the US could have been there, woulda made it all for me :)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,367
    edited November 2009
    evlloyd wrote:
    All i can say is....

Ev, welcome to the family. I'm gonna have to come back across the pond to see some shows with you on the next go-around.
    evlloyd wrote:
    Now if only my mate from the US could have been there, woulda made it all for me :)

I'm there next time mate... Just couldn't swing it this time.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    evlloyd wrote:
    All i can say is....

Ev, welcome to the family. I'm gonna have to come back across the pond to see some shows with you on the next go-around.

That quite simply would be wicked!!!!
    If i could get my finances in order, would LOVE to see them in philly with ya!!!
  • Options
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Given To Fly

Thanks for the videos.
    How many people were at this show?? The venue looked huge.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Flew down from Newcastle to Melb gig, going to Sydney tomorrow, then Brisbane next Wednesday but how can you top that one. Absolutely blew my mind. Being 41 years old i thought i might struggle with 6 hours on my feet ( and i did must be getting old ) but will be back to do it all again.
    Mike's ACDC riffs ( which was a treat ) in the middle of YL might have had something to do with the Bon Scott T shirt he changed into halfway through the night.
    That set list had to be one of the all time greatest. I was really stoked in Sydney Nov 18 2006 with the set list but was hanging to hear Black, now nearly all my dreams have been fulfilled.
    Except maybe if i get to hear "Light years" or perhaps even better " thin air " over the next two nights i will struggle not to cream my jeans.
    Look forward to seeing you all in Syd and Brisvegas.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    TheBeach wrote:
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Given To Fly

Thanks for the videos.

45,000 apparently
  • Options
    I didnt think it was that many!!, should have known better ;)
  • Options
    If anyone scored an extra tour poster they wish to part with (of course im happy to pay) can they let me know?
    Pretty please?? :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    TheBeach wrote:
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Given To Fly

Thanks for the videos.

45,000 apparently

The Melbourne Sun paper said 50 000 but whats 5000 ppl between friends ;)