LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Rats! Finale not airing in Australia until Wednesday 26th :cry:
    Just when I thought we had caught up!

So what's everyones plans for the final episode/s?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Rats! Finale not airing in Australia until Wednesday 26th :cry:
    Just when I thought we had caught up!

So what's everyones plans for the final episode/s?

My cousin and I are going to my aunt and uncle's for the finale. Start dinner before the recap and continue eating dinner during the recap. Then have complete silence during the finale episode so there are no distractions.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Man that Sun & Jin scene was sad. Really tug on the old heart strings.
    Do we think Jin definitely died? And what about Lapidus? He was beginning to annoy me a lot.
    I think Jin is dead. He said he wouldn't leave Sun so I think they died together. Now their daughter will be an orphan. :cry:

I would be surprised if Lapidus survived. If he was only beginning to annoy you I'm impressed. He annoyed me from the get go. Couldn't understand why his character was popular. :think: :thumbdown:

i think they're both dead, it showed their hands together under water then both lifeless hands slowly drift apart
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1088268p1.html

Jimmy Kimmel Assembles Lost Dream Team
    Post-Finale special will include much of the cast.
    by Eric Goldman

Awesome!

i think they're both dead, it showed their hands together under water then both lifeless hands slowly drift apart

So sad. :(

Anybody reminded of Titanic when they saw that scene. :)

Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer... :?
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    everyone on the island is going to die except for jack and the young kid who mib is scared of, who may in fact, be desmond, and may not actually be there. jack will then be the one who keep the island 'safe'. they all die because they go back to the island and make up for their mistakes in their former life.

the flash sideways life is one that wasnt supposed to happen, but because of the incident, it does. if jack saves locke, he (mib) will die on the island, and jack will be the one who is the protector.
    everyone on the island is going to die except for jack and the young kid who mib is scared of, who may in fact, be desmond, and may not actually be there. jack will then be the one who keep the island 'safe'. they all die because they go back to the island and make up for their mistakes in their former life.

the flash sideways life is one that wasnt supposed to happen, but because of the incident, it does. if jack saves locke, he (mib) will die on the island, and jack will be the one who is the protector.

I was thinking...what if that little kid is young Jacob?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,676
    Newch91 wrote:

Check out page 59 of this thread
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    Newch91 wrote:

too obvious.

btw, hi kat.
    found this from someone not too happy with lost

http://www.hecklerspray.com/lost-episod ... 045943.php

though, i think he didn't pay attention that much because he says

Well, Sawyer thought he got one over on that Cocke ’son of a bitch’, locking him (and Claire) out of the sub and diving off. Except, that bald bandit has only stuck a bomb with them (in that bag, in a moment you never saw coming). It came down to a matter of faith and what we are sure is a plot hole (surely if Jack tried to defuse the bomb they wouldn’t die?).

jack didn't want to defuse the bomb, he said if smokey couldn't kill them himself so nothing would happen if they didn't mess with it but still, it has some funny parts in his opinion piece
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :D
    don't compete; coexist

Pulp Fiction anyone? :lol:
    don't compete; coexist

• cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :D
    Yes....I'll take one of these. :shock:
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    that was just awful...

there is no way they can answer questions with the time they have remaining. This show was a big tease and the writing has zero direction....Lindelhof and Cuse ruined LOST with one episode.
    Sawyer wrote:
    that was just awful...

there is no way they can answer questions with the time they have remaining. This show was a big tease and the writing has zero direction....Lindelhof and Cuse ruined LOST with one episode.

Awful? They answered questions tonight. What were you watching?
  • robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    i agree that sometiems it can be frustrating but at the very beginning the woman that raised them told the real mother that every answer she gives would make her ask another question....get the hint?
    i agree that sometiems it can be frustrating but at the very beginning the woman that raised them told the real mother that every answer she gives would make her ask another question....get the hint?

I completely forgot about that. Good pick up on that.
  • robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    thanks! i think our problem is exactly that: we are constantly going to want to now why...we arent letting things just be. jacob and his brother were raised by this woman that had this job. it doesnt matter who gave her the job because the story isnt about the job. we will find out what the island is in less than two weeks (the 23rd). some of us will like it. some of us wont. lindleoff and cuse have said for the last 2 years that some questions just wont be answered. partially because of the strike, partially because life happens. by that i mean, the story takes a different directions. it happens to creators. they have told us through this show several times what we will get as well as given us what we want. we didnt like nikki and paulo and a few episodes later, before they die, sawyer looks at them and pretty much says "who the hell are you?" he spoke for us as a sign that the writers are with us. tonight they told us who adam and eve were and also to accept that no matter what answer they give us, we will always have a new question. we need to let that go and enjoy the last 3.5 hours left of one of the greatest shows in the history of television.
    -stay lost!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    So all this stuff has happened because some crazy bitch was lonely.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Sawyer wrote:
    that was just awful...

I agree with everything except the one episode comment. The show was ruined long before tonight.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    thanks! i think our problem is exactly that: we are constantly going to want to now why...we arent letting things just be. jacob and his brother were raised by this woman that had this job. it doesnt matter who gave her the job because the story isnt about the job. we will find out what the island is in less than two weeks (the 23rd). some of us will like it. some of us wont. lindleoff and cuse have said for the last 2 years that some questions just wont be answered. partially because of the strike, partially because life happens. by that i mean, the story takes a different directions. it happens to creators. they have told us through this show several times what we will get as well as given us what we want. we didnt like nikki and paulo and a few episodes later, before they die, sawyer looks at them and pretty much says "who the hell are you?" he spoke for us as a sign that the writers are with us. tonight they told us who adam and eve were and also to accept that no matter what answer they give us, we will always have a new question. we need to let that go and enjoy the last 3.5 hours left of one of the greatest shows in the history of television.
    -stay lost!

You make good points but I still disagree. I can understand if they had given a lot of answers and we were still asking for miniscule answers but there are huge questions left out there to be answered, which I agree with Sawyer, will just not be addressed. Basic things which are needed to pull things together.

I caught CJ Cregg saying answers just lead to more questions and took it as a wink to the audience. As a side note, this is something shows/movies have taken to doing that I don't care for. Just tell the story.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    this episode,explain alot,of how things began...need more to answer,but is one of the greatiest mind games this show...i doubt will be any better show ever..cant wait for the last 3.5 hours!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Isn't that pretty much the reason anything happens in this world?

:mrgreen:
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    edited May 2010
    well another flash back episode focused on just two characters
    and ok so now we know what needs protecting-but we dont know what exactly it is

meh
    so so

I need an episode focusing on widmore and his role in this whole mess-every other character has had an episode focused on them-except widmore

I think he is the one that will explain everything to Jack at the end
    sleeper guess-Hugo is the ONE. The show ends with Hugo walking off alone to protect the "island."

Edit: we still dont know the MIBs name do we?
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Poncier wrote:
    Isn't that pretty much the reason anything happens in this world?

:mrgreen:
    I agree :lol:

Still think it will end With Jack and Locke on the Beach like the first Jacob/MIB scene and it all starting over again. I will wait to see the next two before deciding on last nights episode.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I liked the episode, but I feel like we need another Jacob "prequel" episode to really tell the story here.

It seems that the smoke monster takes the form of Jacob's dead brother, and for some reason they have to play a game in which Jacob is allowed to set the rules... as his brother did for their box game with the stones.

Dont know the purpose for not naming Jacob's brother at this point. Also, why couldnt the mother just tell Jacob that nobody can go in there or it would unleash a horrific blight on mankind.

Were the other people staying at the Orchid?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    The show seems to need more time, which isnt an excuse.

They have known when it would end for awhile and everything should have been planned out. A show that is as epic as this should have had it planned out.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I could have sworn at some point the mother called the man in black Milo.
    I think she said "my love", but it did sound like Milo.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    OK was very disspapointed with last night's episode although I think it did answer more than just Adam and Eve... It gave us clues as far as those who see dead people might be special (or I wonder if that was smokey :think: but smokey was not out yet) In addition it gave us clues as to why children who are not spoiled by the evils of man are more special and more likely to be candidates...

I agree with someone who just wrote that they need another look at Jacob before the end and also with the person who said they did a poor job of planning the end as far as the pace and information of the last season... Feels like they are going to crunch too much into the end... Not suprising they needed another 30 minutes (probably needed another 3-4 episodes personally)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Poncier wrote:
    I think she said "my love", but it did sound like Milo.
    I think she said "My love" as well
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...