LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    OK, here's a new vid from the guys who brought us Previously on LOST and LOST in Five Minutes:

Life after LOST
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Great episode tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    maybe this is happening for a reason.... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    didnt appreciate the cheezy "scooby doo moment" when Widmore whispered to Locke.

I still think more time was needed.

So Ben got really pissed/jealous that Widmore was visited by Jacob and snapped... (also combined with his daughter), right?

I wonder if Richard is dead. I dont think so.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    You think they'll hear "Vertigo" twice at the concert Sunday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The campfire scene was ridiculous...

It should have been called "Who wants to be the Candidate"
    Raise your hand??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

Raise your hand??

Really ? I thought it was cool. Jack has come full circle, he now believes he is there for a reason.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Awful, just awful.

Nothing happened for the first half hour. It might be time for characters to actually explain things instead of getting cut off everytime they are going to say something interesting or, worse, start whispering :roll:
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    the wolf wrote:

Raise your hand??

Really ? I thought it was cool. Jack has come full circle, he now believes he is there for a reason.
    We knew that 10 episodes ago...
    I was expecting what the candidate does, some discussion amongst the group...
    It was almost like Arnold Horshack...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    the wolf wrote:

Raise your hand??

We knew that 10 episodes ago...
    I was expecting what the candidate does, some discussion amongst the group...
    It was almost like Arnold Horshack...

:lol: Arnold Horshack.

yeah, i know what you mean. I just liked seeing him step up to the plate, and taking it upon himself so the others didn't have to. It reminded me of the Jack from the first two seasons.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

yeah, i know what you mean. I just liked seeing him step up to the plate, and taking it upon himself so the others didn't have to. It reminded me of the Jack from the first two seasons.
    Yeah I agree with that, but I was hoping at least Sawyer would have something to say... Although after the bomb in the sub, I have a feeling he is not going to pipe up for a while...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    the wolf wrote:

Yeah I agree with that, but I was hoping at least Sawyer would have something to say... Although after the bomb in the sub, I have a feeling he is not going to pipe up for a while...

i thought that was a pretty good moment between Sawyer and Jack when Sawyer said "i killed them".
    it wasn't cheesy, and it could have been. There seemed to be an understanding there between them for the first time maybe.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    4 days left!!!

and as for the best tv series ever,please dont make it a bitching thread like 10c seats..come on..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    4 days left!!!

and as for the best tv series ever,please dont make it a bitching thread like 10c seats..come on..
    Why now you don't Lost?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    4 days left!!!

This is better than saying 6 days!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    4 days left!!!

Why now you don't Lost?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    the wolf wrote:

Well, I did get a kick out of Sawyer's comment about "as if he didn't already have a god complex." :roll: :lol:
    I also wondered about Hurley saying "I'm just glad it's not me." Is that just a comment or does it mean Hurley may end up as the Guardian after all? :think:

When Jacob started mumbling over the waters and gave the cup to Jack I was seriously worried that the water was going to change to wine! :wtf:

I'm trying not to have too many expectations for the finale but one thing I do hope to see is Claire leaving the island in a helicopter. (Where is Claire anyway?) That's what Desmond promised Charlie and the main reason why Charlie gave his life to "save" everybody. Charlie's death was heartbreaking; it better not have been in vain.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    So Ben got really pissed/jealous that Widmore was visited by Jacob and snapped... (also combined with his daughter), right?
    I think Ben's frame of mind started changing when they got to Alexis' grave. Being reminded of her death was pretty upsetting and the next thing ya know, Widmore pops in. He went back to blaming Widmore for her death (never mind that Ben was the one who said go ahead and shoot her :roll: ).

From there it didn't take long for Ben to go back to being EVIL, something I've been expecting.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think Ben's frame of mind started changing when they got to Alexis' grave. Being reminded of her death was pretty upsetting and the next thing ya know, Widmore pops in. He went back to blaming Widmore for her death (never mind that Ben was the one who said go ahead and shoot her :roll: ).

From there it didn't take long for Ben to go back to being EVIL, something I've been expecting.

I'm not sure that Ben isn't going along with Smokey just to get the gang together so they can kill him.
    Who knows though?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    I'm not sure that Ben isn't going along with Smokey just to get the gang together so they can kill him.
    Who knows though?

it didn't make a whole lot of sense that Smokey told Ben he could have the island to himself when he leaves, making Ben want to help him. Then he up and tells him he's going to blow up the island? So I guess Ben will turn against Smokey now?

Hurley is something special. I think there will be a major twist on the whole "Candidate" thing. I don't think anyone can choose themselves as the candidate. I think the island will choose it. Jack won't be it. He has always wanted to be the leader, but the island won't let him. Maybe Desmond is it. Maybe he always has been it.

Can someone please tell me what the HELL this alternate timeline thing is all about?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I wish the finale was commercial free. Least they could've done for the fans. It is 2 1/2 hours though, so I guess we'll get close to 2 hours of Lost.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • gpo5egpo5e Posts: 3
    I agree that "The Candidate" will end up being someone else. A lot of this stuff is about fate and paths, and someone choosing seems to go against the grain here
    jervin007 wrote:
    I wish the finale was commercial free. Least they could've done for the fans. It is 2 1/2 hours though, so I guess we'll get close to 1 hour of Lost.
    Fixed
    GoiMTvP.gif
    the wolf wrote:
    Who knows though?

it didn't make a whole lot of sense that Smokey told Ben he could have the island to himself when he leaves, making Ben want to help him. Then he up and tells him he's going to blow up the island? So I guess Ben will turn against Smokey now?
    I'm also starting to think that maybe Ben is just going along with Smokey. He was awfully casual about agreeing when Smokey said he wanted him to kill some people. I'm pretty sure that PoorMan'sTinaFey (finally!) is really dead but I'm not as sure about Widmore. Weren't they talking about bulletproof vests at some point? If I were Widmore, I'd sure be wearing one before I went to talk with Ben.
    Hurley is something special. I think there will be a major twist on the whole "Candidate" thing. I don't think anyone can choose themselves as the candidate. I think the island will choose it. Jack won't be it. He has always wanted to be the leader, but the island won't let him. Maybe Desmond is it. Maybe he always has been it.
    Yeah, I'm thinking Hurley is going to be the guardian after the comment he made. If it really were going to be Jack permanently, it wouldn't happen until the finale. Just like Jack anyway to say he'll be the one. But I do think he's going to do something good with the situation and not just be his usual douchey self.
    Can someone please tell me what the HELL this alternate timeline thing is all about?
    I think that's one thing that will be resolved in the finale, even if there's still lots of other questions.
  • Can someone please tell me what the HELL this alternate timeline thing is all about?
    I think that's one thing that will be resolved in the finale, even if there's still lots of other questions.

It almost seemed from last night's episode that Hurley and Desmond were trying to "bring people back" from that alternate timeline. Like they know that they aren't supposed to be there, and they are trying to make it right somehow.

Interesting about the whidmore bullet proof vest angle. It seemed almost too quick and easy a death for the guy who surrounds this whole storyline. if that's how it ends up, I will think it's kind of stupid. maybe Ben and Whidmore have a plan for Ben to fake kill all the people, and then they'll all somehow ambush Smokey. But that sounds kinda hokey.

Poorman's Tina Fey. That's awesome.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    So what the hell happened to Miles? I thought I saw Smokey take him??

I was too hoping for more info in that episode. I wanted more Widmore backstory, Elouise, Penny. I want to know how and why all the 'others' got there and took the children. And why can't they have children on the island, and when and why was the statue built. ohh, I should just wait for the finale I guess, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

As for the sideways limeline, it seems everyone is going to this show. Desmond is taking Kate, and Hurley might be taking Sayid. Jack's son is playing a show and he and the boys mum are going (who surely we have to know). Miles & his dad, red head and maybe Sawyer are also going to a show.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    I'm guessing Jack's ex must be Juliet.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Poncier wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but I don't want it to be.
    I will be happy with the ending as long as Juliet and Sawyer get together.

Does anyone else get the feeling it’s all going to end with a big cheesy reunion in sideways world with everyone together in the one room, hugging and smiling while music plays over the top? :?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Poncier wrote:

^^^This.

Plus, Ben is playing the Man In Black/Locke. To what end I don't know, but my suspicion is that Ben already has a plan for how he can defeat/eliminate MIB/Locke by using Desmond's newly revealed (to Ben) ability to resist EM radiation.

Curious about someone bringing up how the Island will choose who is it's protector. While I don't disagree, did the island choose Jacob? Or did his Mother? If it was his Mother, then it's just an issue of the current protector choosing someone. Jacob was her only choice at the time after all, right?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Red_Dot wrote:
    So what the hell happened to Miles? I thought I saw Smokey take him??

I was too hoping for more info in that episode. I wanted more Widmore backstory, Elouise, Penny. I want to know how and why all the 'others' got there and took the children. And why can't they have children on the island, and when and why was the statue built. ohh, I should just wait for the finale I guess, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

As for the sideways limeline, it seems everyone is going to this show. Desmond is taking Kate, and Hurley might be taking Sayid. Jack's son is playing a show and he and the boys mum are going (who surely we have to know). Miles & his dad, red head and maybe Sawyer are also going to a show.
    Wasn't that Richard the smoke monster took out?
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but I don't want it to be.
    I will be happy with the ending as long as Juliet and Sawyer get together.

Does anyone else get the feeling it’s all going to end with a big cheesy reunion in sideways world with everyone together in the one room, hugging and smiling while music plays over the top? :?

I'm thinking Jack's ex in the sideways universe is his ex from the normal universe. I don't think they ever explained to us why their marriage ended, but I'm guessing that she had a miscarriage that led to Jack's drinking problem and he slowly pushed her away.