Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Get_Right wrote:
    well I wasnt thrilled with that episode
    interesting to know how richard came to the island but an entire episode?
    yawn
    horses and ancient love?
    yawn

Agreed - I was hoping they would get him to the island in like two segments and then show him meet MIB, Jacob and then show him through the next 150 years with the original inhabitants, Widmore, Ben, Dharma, etc, etc.

I'm sure we'll get more later, but still... I was underwhelmed last night.

And I still dont care about the alternate reality - i hope they can develop it properly in the short amount of time that's left!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    I'm in the camp that thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. One thing that struck me which no one's mentioned is Jacob's disposition in the flashbacks. We're used to seeing him far more confident and calm and here he seemed very rough and edgy. Like everything else, I have no idea what I should take away from this.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    pjl44 wrote:
    I'm in the camp that thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. One thing that struck me which no one's mentioned is Jacob's disposition in the flashbacks. We're used to seeing him far more confident and calm and here he seemed very rough and edgy. Like everything else, I have no idea what I should take away from this.

Oh my god, where have you been all my life....LOVE your avatar and LOVE the Afghan Whigs!!!!! :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Brony wrote:
    Didnt Dego(chinese guy in temple?) give syid the job of killing Flocke with a knife and couldnt let him talk to him first? that is what MIB told richard to do to jacob too...right? also, when ben and flocke were in the statue and stabbed jacob, he was talking to them....so it was ok to kill him then, but last night, it had to be before he spoke.

so anyway....is what syid was supposed to do to flocke the same thing as what mib had richard attempt?
    I think you're reading too much into it. MiB told Richard to stab him before he spoke because he was worried that Jacob might convince him not to stab him, which is exactly what happened. Also, it was the conversation that Ben had with Jacob that led him to actually stabbing him. Dogen told Sayid to stab first because he wanted Sayid to piss off the smoke monster and get killed.
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    Look back to episode one, season six, the island (as flight 815 is crossing the pacific, enroute to LAX)
    is submerged, the statue was (from the brief glimpse I can remember) broken/toppled over in some way. The H-bomb dislocated the island from 'time' but as fridays episode (uk, i guess one week behind continental america) showed C. Widmore et al had arrived at the other island, due to black rock's captains log. Will Widmore
    be seen in the 'real' world? When will Desmond and Penny be back? How far does the islands 'Call' reach? 'Locke' will never leave the island, and a suitable candidate, be it Shepard, the Kwan's, Reyes, James, Kate, Sai'id or Claire will be found to replace Jacob. I know they're down to four names already, but...
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    drsluggo wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    well I wasnt thrilled with that episode
    interesting to know how richard came to the island but an entire episode?
    yawn
    horses and ancient love?
    yawn

Agreed - I was hoping they would get him to the island in like two segments and then show him meet MIB, Jacob and then show him through the next 150 years with the original inhabitants, Widmore, Ben, Dharma, etc, etc.

I'm sure we'll get more later, but still... I was underwhelmed last night.

And I still dont care about the alternate reality - i hope they can develop it properly in the short amount of time that's left!

I agree, it seemed like he was in the chains for a loooong time.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Dogen told Sayid to stab first because he wanted Sayid to piss off the smoke monster and get killed.
    I dont think this is true - crazy Claire told Dogen to send someone he won't kill AND he knew Smokey can't kill a candidate.

I suppose the argument could be that he wasn't Sayid at that point, but it seems like Dogen thought he was someone who couldnt be killed and could redeem himself. I just cant believe there's a power that is there once Locke spoke to him... that seems like a stretch.

BTW - new podcast out there has a few interesting tidbits but nothing too major. Its the first one I have listened to all year actually.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    drsluggo wrote:
    Dogen told Sayid to stab first because he wanted Sayid to piss off the smoke monster and get killed.
    I dont think this is true - crazy Claire told Dogen to send someone he won't kill AND he knew Smokey can't kill a candidate.

I suppose the argument could be that he wasn't Sayid at that point, but it seems like Dogen thought he was someone who couldnt be killed and could redeem himself. I just cant believe there's a power that is there once Locke spoke to him... that seems like a stretch.

BTW - new podcast out there has a few interesting tidbits but nothing too major. Its the first one I have listened to all year actually.

What podcast do you listen to? I listened to Bill Simmons' yesterday and he was talking to a TV critic about Lost.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

How can we be sure though that Sayid is still a candidate. After being killed there's a good chance that he was taken off the list. Besides, Dogen admitted afterwords that he knew Sayid couldn't kill him or at least I vaguely remember him saying that. So why else would he tell him to stab the smoke monster, if he already knew it wouldn't work?
  • Options
    How can we be sure though that Sayid is still a candidate. After being killed there's a good chance that he was taken off the list. Besides, Dogen admitted afterwords that he knew Sayid couldn't kill him or at least I vaguely remember him saying that. So why else would he tell him to stab the smoke monster, if he already knew it wouldn't work?
    He never said anything about whether Sayid could have killed him - he went right into his story about his son. I thought it was funny becasue I would have immediately been like 'yeah dude, he cant kill you - thats why i sent you.' But that wouldnt make for such dramatic twists if everyone explained themselves! :)

The podcast is the Damon and Carlton official one - it was on EW earlier -
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/24/lost-damon-carlton-series-finale-title/
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    He never said anything about whether Sayid could have killed him - he went right into his story about his son. I thought it was funny becasue I would have immediately been like 'yeah dude, he cant kill you - thats why i sent you.' But that wouldnt make for such dramatic twists if everyone explained themselves! :)

The podcast is the Damon and Carlton official one - it was on EW earlier -
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/24/lost-damon-carlton-series-finale-title/
    What I'm talking about is after Sayid stabbed him and before Dogen got killed. Sayid was all like "you knew I couldn't kill him" and then Dogen was all like "yeah, my bad."
  • Options
    What I'm talking about is after Sayid stabbed him and before Dogen got killed. Sayid was all like "you knew I couldn't kill him" and then Dogen was all like "yeah, my bad."
    I dont remember that at all... I thought he was like 'thats two times you tried to kill me, why didnt you?' or something? I have to see if I still have it. i just remember thinking "why doesnt he just tell him locke couldnt have killed him?" instead of going on about his son?

edit: sayid comes in, drops the sword and says 'thats twice you tried to have someone kill me. Why didnt you do it yourself' and then dogen goes into his monologue. I guess he never really answers the whole 'i couldnt kill locke' thing which i wish he would have. Especially with the whole 'dont let him talk to you' thing we had repeated this week...
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The "hell" thing seems like it may be a lot more than just a way to manipultae Ricardo

or maybe not

i think he was speaking figuratively. he keeps going on about being trapped on the island and wanting to leave so it is essentially hell to him
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    I don't think in the scene from Ep 5- that they ever said that the ship was the black rock, it is possible it was just another one that Jacob brough there. They indicated that they have been doing that for some time.

can't remember why now but for some reason i thought it was rousseau's ship
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Good discussion here today!

I enjoyed last night's episode. Not the best, but still a fun hour.

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone, but the whole thing with Smokey not being able to leave the island has to do with Jacob being alive, right? Ben killed Jacob, so why can't Smokey/MIB/Locke just leave the island now? Maybe that is what he is doing by grouping everyone together, but if he was stuck there as long as he was wouldn't he just jet as soon as Jacob died?

I hope they don't forget about explaining why babies cannot be born on the island. That was one of the things that really fascinated me.
    I`m thinking it`s because Jacobs replacement is on the island currently.

i think MIB said at some point if no one replaces Jacob he can leave
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    not lookin forward to a sun/jin episode tonight but i'm sure it'll have redeeming aspects
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    not lookin forward to a sun/jin episode tonight but i'm sure it'll have redeeming aspects
    i couldnt say it better myself!
  • Options
    i'm sure someone won't like it but wow, that was a great episode!

i won't say anything for those who still have to watch and download it

'heeey, don't talk about bacon'
    :lol::lol:
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

They're really starting to wrap things up, explain a lot. It doesn't feel right to not be so confused anymore! I just hope the end satisfies. It has a lot to live up to.

All I can say with out giving much away is, I'm starting to think Widmore is the good guy.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    More tomorrow, but it looks like Widmore intends to put "the package" back where it used to be.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    There's one thing I want to say so bad but I can't for the people that didn't see it yet!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    More tomorrow, but it looks like Widmore intends to put "the package" back where it used to be.
    I'd put that "package" where I want it to be.....ahem.... :shock: :lol:

Also, Keamy......SWOON!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    just to say hi..i didnt watch it yet,wait for download :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    I agree. Strong episode.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So....do we think that Kate is really gonna bite it before the whole shebang is over? OR do you think they are just toying with all of us who so desperately want her dead? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    cdp1223 wrote:
    So....do we think that Kate is really gonna bite it before the whole shebang is over? OR do you think they are just toying with all of us who so desperately want her dead? :mrgreen:

Noooo!! More Kate, less clothes....anyway, I'm really sick of seeing Tina fucking Fey everywhere and that dumb show she is on with the fat, hairy, greasy fucker Baldwin that no one watches and yet wins every single award imaginable............and that was Desmond at the end right? I hate that I had to rewind the slim jim 3 times in order to vaguely recognize the face.....please end the show already!!! Oh, and more Kate please....thank you..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I can't believe "Locke" quoted Jacob and called him a wise-man saying a war was coming to the island. Did anyone else catch that?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Noooo!! More Kate, less clothes....anyway, I'm really sick of seeing Tina fucking Fey everywhere and that dumb show she is on with the fat, hairy, greasy fucker Baldwin that no one watches and yet wins every single award imaginable............and that was Desmond at the end right? I hate that I had to rewind the slim jim 3 times in order to vaguely recognize the face.....please end the show already!!! Oh, and more Kate please....thank you..

30 Rock is awesome and Kate needs to fucking die already.
    And a good morning to you too, sir. :mrgreen:

Yes that was Desmond.....more of him next week, I believe.
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 499
    I've been away for a while, but it's good to be back. PJ fans are the best.

LOVED Ab Aeterno - exceeded my expectations.
    Last night's was the first episode where the Sideways story was better than the island one. Seems like it's a lot of setup on the island. The Sideways stuff is a little predictable (Sun being pregnant, then getting shot), but I still liked it. Keamy is a GREAT bad guy. Glad it seems like he lived.

Funny to see Mikhail again. And I'm glad Desmond is back. I've always said he will be the key in the end. That's why MIB was so pissed when he found out Dez was on the sub.

All in all, I think MIB has to have all the candidates dead before he can leave/be free/do whatever, but he can't kill them himself. As always, it's about people manipulating other people to get something done.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton