Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I agree with the theories that they aren't really dead, but I think, as was previously said, that there is something to the dead references, purgatory or a chance to atone for prior sins. Maybe those that die on the island are then sent to heaven or hell depending on what they chose to do in purgatory.

And yes, I agree that MIB/Smokey/Flocke is "imprisoned" on the island. And somehow Jacob has kept him on the island all this time. At some point MIB lost his body maybe which explains why we only see him in Flashbacks. That also explains Smokey running amok after the plane crash (815). But why did he need Locke's body? Why couldn't he have used any of the other dead people, like the pilot of 815 which was the first person we saw him kill.

Where does the Dharma Initiative come in?

Where does time travel fit in?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    whats the deal with the smoke always sparing certain people. Like when there is a staredown and it decides to fly off and not tear the person apart like everyone else.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    MayDay10 wrote:
    whats the deal with the smoke always sparing certain people. Like when there is a staredown and it decides to fly off and not tear the person apart like everyone else.

Sometime I think it is sparing them so he can use them in the future-like last night he spared Richard so he could try and have him kill Jacob
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    MayDay10 wrote:

Sometime I think it is sparing them so he can use them in the future-like last night he spared Richard so he could try and have him kill Jacob
    I agree with that but I also think that under their "agreement" he can not kill someone who is on the "list" of replacements until they prove that they have failed to grow as humans or change their lives... I give you Eko as an example..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I agree with that but I also think that under their "agreement" he can not kill someone who is on the "list" of replacements until they prove that they have failed to grow as humans or change their lives... I give you Eko as an example..
    Oh Eko!!!!! Wherefore art thou, Eko??
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Oh! I know I'm about a year late in bringing this up but seeing the Ajira plane in last week's episode reminded me of something. Kate is a convicted felon and one of the terms of her probation was that she couldn't leave the state for 10 years. So how the hell did she get on an international flight? Paging Homeland Security!

OK, back to Season 6. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Bird33 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Bird33 wrote:

just an fyi...richard does not wear manscara. this was discussed in the extras that came with the s5 boxset.

I am loving your avatar!!

:mrgreen:

Are you Bill Simmons?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Oh! I know I'm about a year late in bringing this up but seeing the Ajira plane in last week's episode reminded me of something. Kate is a convicted felon and one of the terms of her probation was that she couldn't leave the state for 10 years. So how the hell did she get on an international flight? Paging Homeland Security!

OK, back to Season 6. :mrgreen:
    Well Guam is technically not an internation destination, but your point is still valid :o
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Good discussion here today!

I enjoyed last night's episode. Not the best, but still a fun hour.

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone, but the whole thing with Smokey not being able to leave the island has to do with Jacob being alive, right? Ben killed Jacob, so why can't Smokey/MIB/Locke just leave the island now? Maybe that is what he is doing by grouping everyone together, but if he was stuck there as long as he was wouldn't he just jet as soon as Jacob died?

I hope they don't forget about explaining why babies cannot be born on the island. That was one of the things that really fascinated me.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I was disappointed last night - I know part of it was I was hoping for so much more. Figure we waited over two years for a Richard ep and when we get it we are given no info on his interactions with the original inhabitants, widmore, dharma, etc... just seems like some huge gaps were left in there.

I'm hoping it really starts moving soon - feels like we're kind of stalled right now waiting for the next 'act' to kick in. And more Desmond, please... he seems important to me, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    rrivers wrote:

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone, but the whole thing with Smokey not being able to leave the island has to do with Jacob being alive, right? Ben killed Jacob, so why can't Smokey/MIB/Locke just leave the island now? Maybe that is what he is doing by grouping everyone together, but if he was stuck there as long as he was wouldn't he just jet as soon as Jacob died?

I hope they don't forget about explaining why babies cannot be born on the island. That was one of the things that really fascinated me.
    I`m thinking it`s because Jacobs replacement is on the island currently.
  • Options
    i was wondering that too -- either he's going to try and get his people to kill the other 'candidates' or maybe he is just needing to work a plan through to get off? And can he just up and leave on a sub, or does it have to be through the wheel or what?

It's weird - I'm thinking those are answers we might not get for a while yet.
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    Didnt Dego(chinese guy in temple?) give syid the job of killing Flocke with a knife and couldnt let him talk to him first? that is what MIB told richard to do to jacob too...right? also, when ben and flocke were in the statue and stabbed jacob, he was talking to them....so it was ok to kill him then, but last night, it had to be before he spoke.

so anyway....is what syid was supposed to do to flocke the same thing as what mib had richard attempt?
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Are you Bill Simmons?

I wish I was Mrs. Bill Simmons...no lie.
    Man I love that guy. ::swoon::
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    Brony wrote:
    Didnt Dego(chinese guy in temple?) give syid the job of killing Flocke with a knife and couldnt let him talk to him first? that is what MIB told richard to do to jacob too...right? also, when ben and flocke were in the statue and stabbed jacob, he was talking to them....so it was ok to kill him then, but last night, it had to be before he spoke.

so anyway....is what syid was supposed to do to flocke the same thing as what mib had richard attempt?
    i think i confused the hell out of myself with this post
  • Options
    Brony wrote:
    Brony wrote:

i think i confused the hell out of myself with this post
    No, you're right. I was talking about this with a friend this morning - it makes no sense. :|
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    I was disappointed last night - I know part of it was I was hoping for so much more. Figure we waited over two years for a Richard ep and when we get it we are given no info on his interactions with the original inhabitants, widmore, dharma, etc... just seems like some huge gaps were left in there.

I'm hoping it really starts moving soon - feels like we're kind of stalled right now waiting for the next 'act' to kick in. And more Desmond, please... he seems important to me, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

Desmond's locked in that Widmore room, right?
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Ok that makes sense. So it has to be someone in the Jack camp so that leaves Hurley, Jack, who else? I guess it could be Sawyer so it doesn't have to be in Jack's camp. I think it would be interesting for Sawyer to take over the island because he seems like such a long shot to do it.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    i was wondering that too -- either he's going to try and get his people to kill the other 'candidates' or maybe he is just needing to work a plan through to get off? And can he just up and leave on a sub, or does it have to be through the wheel or what?

It's weird - I'm thinking those are answers we might not get for a while yet.

Or ever.
  • Options
    Brony wrote:

Good point, I forgot that the chinese guy told Sayid to do it that way. I was thinking MIB had told someone else that but you are right.
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Are you Bill Simmons?

I wish I was Mrs. Bill Simmons...no lie.
    Man I love that guy. ::swoon::

He's awesome. I love his podcasts. His one with Chuck Klosterman a few weeks ago had a lot of Lost chat.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Ok that makes sense. So it has to be someone in the Jack camp so that leaves Hurley, Jack, who else? I guess it could be Sawyer so it doesn't have to be in Jack's camp. I think it would be interesting for Sawyer to take over the island because he seems like such a long shot to do it.
    Ilana had names of 6 candidates and one of them was Khan (or whatever Sun and Jin's last name is). So there's also one of them who's a candidate.

I rememberd Dogen giving Sayid the same instructions as MIB gave Richard. Locke spoke to Sayid before Sayid stabbed him which apparently did something to the effect. But there's something special about that knife, which I guess we'll learn.

Last night Jacob told Richard that no one could come into his home unless he invited them. Was the fact that Ben was inside Jacob's place the reason that he was able to kill him with a plain old knife?

BTW is anybody else as freaked by Locke's man-boobs as I am? :shock:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    [

BTW is anybody else as freaked by Locke's man-boobs as I am? :shock:
    YES!!!! I noticed them last episode, freaky!!! I mean if the island can fix cancer, it's got no plastic surgery wing for man boobs? :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    ***NOTE. I haven't watched last night's yet...so I refuse to read a word. But just wanted to say hi and miss you guys.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    ***NOTE. I haven't watched last night's yet...so I refuse to read a word. But just wanted to say hi and miss you guys.

Hi....I miss you too, even though we haven't met yet. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Watch and then get back in the thread...and where the hell are your 2 pillow pals(Susie and Nic) and Joe these days? You 4 were regulars in the Lost threads, and now you're...lost.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Watch and then get back in the thread...and where the hell are your 2 pillow pals(Susie and Nic) and Joe these days? You 4 were regulars in the Lost threads, and now you're...lost.

Yeah there was another guy who's name started with an S who always had good ideas last year. He's gone too.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    rrivers wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Yeah there was another guy who's name started with an S who always had good ideas last year. He's gone too.
    smoke took them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,510
    well I wasnt thrilled with that episode
    interesting to know how richard came to the island but an entire episode?
    yawn
    horses and ancient love?
    yawn

more action please. more info on the dual realities please.
    more sawyer and kate sex scenes please :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Get_Right wrote:
    more sawyer and kate sex scenes please :D
    The man is a talent...u should write season 7 ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”