Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 498
    i didnt dislike the kate episode. in fact, my friends all said this last one with locke was slow but i dont agree with that either. i liked the episode alot (though i just watched it last night) but i had one question.
    even if the plane didnt crash and time carried on, hadnt locke already been done with his father? isnt his father the reason hes still in the chair? why did his fiance want to invite him to the wedding?
    is it implied that part of their pasts have changed as well? did i miss something?

There are "differences" in the two worlds because of the Jughead explosion, ie the Island is underwater. But there are other changes too, which we are getting little by little. Locke has what appears to be a good relationship with his father - but we now do not know why he is paralyzed (although it happened AFTER meeting Helen, witness the pic on the desk) or how he even met Helen in the first place. (He had met her at anger management, but since there appears to be no anger in the sideways world, that can't be the case.)

Another question - why no mention of his mother? Not in photos or wedding plans. So something is odd there too. But God knows if we'll get all the answers to everything.

Enjoy "The Lighthouse" tonight!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    igotid_8 wrote:
    i didnt dislike the kate episode. in fact, my friends all said this last one with locke was slow but i dont agree with that either. i liked the episode alot (though i just watched it last night) but i had one question.
    even if the plane didnt crash and time carried on, hadnt locke already been done with his father? isnt his father the reason hes still in the chair? why did his fiance want to invite him to the wedding?
    is it implied that part of their pasts have changed as well? did i miss something?

There are "differences" in the two worlds because of the Jughead explosion, ie the Island is underwater. But there are other changes too, which we are getting little by little. Locke has what appears to be a good relationship with his father - but we now do not know why he is paralyzed (although it happened AFTER meeting Helen, witness the pic on the desk) or how he even met Helen in the first place. (He had met her at anger management, but since there appears to be no anger in the sideways world, that can't be the case.)

Another question - why no mention of his mother? Not in photos or wedding plans. So something is odd there too. But God knows if we'll get all the answers to everything.

Lost is my TV version of Pearl Jam. I'm constantly reading forums about it, and on Tuesday's I can't seem to get any work done because I want to go home and watch Lost LOL
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Yay for Tuesday! :D
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    108=Desmond?
  • Options
    after watching the "popup" episode, ive finally caught up to the idea that we are seeing flash-sideways. i know the producers said we will know what is inevitably going to happen in the end when we see the season premiere but i still feel like there is alot of ground to cover and alot of fight left.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    this is not John..this is my friend...hihihihihi...awesome..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    cdp1223 wrote:
    108=Desmond?

Thats what I thought too
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    I wonder if 108 had any real meaning, it seemed Jacob merely wanted to get Jack to the lighthouse and see the reflection of his childhood home.

So as time goes on I begin to wonder if Jacob is really the good guy. Everyone he "persuades" to come to the island seems to have met with death, now including 1 of the 6 (Locke) Oceanic "candidates". A lot of crossed off names, no successful island protector or whatever, so maybe Jacob's really the bad guy.

And Claire has become Rousseau, the stylish hair and haute fashion are the same, she is in pursue of those she believes took her child and she is living alone on the island, having become a jungle soldier.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I wonder if 108 had any real meaning, it seemed Jacob merely wanted to get Jack to the lighthouse and see the reflection of his childhood home.

EVERYTHING ON LOST HAS A MEANING!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Ok, not really. But 108 minutes for the computer timer in the Swan way back in Season 1 just made me think of Desmond. I also think he will come back to play a reasonably sized role this season. He is our constant, after all. ;)
    Poncier wrote:
    So as time goes on I begin to wonder if Jacob is really the good guy. Everyone he "persuades" to come to the island seems to have met with death, now including 1 of the 6 (Locke) Oceanic "candidates". A lot of crossed off names, no successful island protector or whatever, so maybe Jacob's really the bad guy.

After the season premiere I said that I didn't think Jacob was necessarily the good guy or that Smokey was necessarily the bad guy. I stand by that. I think the lines between "good" and "evil" will be blurred a lot more than we expected maybe.

Poncier wrote:
    And Claire has become Rousseau, the stylish hair and haute fashion are the same, she is in pursue of those she believes took her child and she is living alone on the island, having become a jungle soldier.

I kind of thought Claire was pretty hot last night. Is that just me? :?
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:

U ARE NOT ALONE OUT THERE BROTHER.... 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:

Or Sister, in my case. :shock:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Or Sister, in my case. :shock:
    :shock: . no pro..im a player..i play with the cards i have in hand :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Loved last nights episode. To me it looks like they are using the alt-universe to show each character getting over their fears which seems impossible to the characters on the island (Reminds me a bit of the Albert Brooks movie "Defending Your Life" where the characters can not move on to the next level of the universe until the overcome their fears). Is the reason for this that these versions were not "touched" by Jacob and can make their own decisions because have "free will" and not bound by the "touch of fate"?

I don’t see Jacob and Un-Locke as good and evil but fate and free-will.

We shall see I guess…
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    108=Desmond?
    Supposedly 108 is someone named Wallace.
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    108=Desmond?

Yeah I read that on Lostpedia too. I'm not buying. :lol:
  • Options
    have not read any of the above...call me slow but ive just started season 1 ..now on ep 13... :shock:

Oh god, stay outta this thread. Danger!!!
    It is so much better if you don't have everything spoiled! :lol:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    have not read any of the above...call me slow but ive just started season 1 ..now on ep 13... :shock:

Oh god, stay outta this thread. Danger!!!
    It is so much better if you don't have everything spoiled! :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I am not 100% sure of this, but isn't 108 the heading to get to and from the island? I haven't had a chance to look back, but I could have sworn that was what Lupidus (spelling?) had to fly in the helicopter to get back to the freighter. Maybe that was the heading Michael had to use as well when he left in the boat.

If I had to suggest or assign a person to the number 108 I would have to say Charles Widmore. I think he has always been in favor of the islands preservation and will reveal himself as a good guy. Widmore is coming to save the day!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    I am not 100% sure of this, but isn't 108 the heading to get to and from the island? I haven't had a chance to look back, but I could have sworn that was what Lupidus (spelling?) had to fly in the helicopter to get back to the freighter. Maybe that was the heading Michael had to use as well when he left in the boat.

If I had to suggest or assign a person to the number 108 I would have to say Charles Widmore. I think he has always been in favor of the islands preservation and will reveal himself as a good guy. Widmore is coming to save the day!!
    The bearing that he was told was 305 and for Michael and Walt at the end of Season two is was 325. I was interested to see if those bearings (especially Michaels) would have been the same as their name on the Lighthouse wheel last night. Dawson was 124 though.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    haha I just figured out that last night's episode was the108th televised hour of Lost.
    GROAN! :lol:
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 wrote:

The bearing that he was told was 305 and for Michael and Walt at the end of Season two is was 325. I was interested to see if those bearings (especially Michaels) would have been the same as their name on the Lighthouse wheel last night. Dawson was 124 though.

Good to know, thanks!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    108=Desmond?

My thoughts exactly, my friend!
    2004 Toledo
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2014 Detroit
    2022 Hamilton
  • Options
    Anyone else notice Austen was #51, and Linus was crossed off?

Claire is still adorable. Why wasn't she the least bit surprised Jin was speaking perfect English?
    2004 Toledo
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2014 Detroit
    2022 Hamilton
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    I really enjoyed last night's episode too. I was mad at Jack for breaking the mirrors. I would have loved to see what all the different numbers showed on the mirror.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:
    Anyone else notice Austen was #51, and Linus was crossed off?

Claire is still adorable. Why wasn't she the least bit surprised Jin was speaking perfect English?

I would totally do Claire from last night's episode.

Wait, I should probably be posting this in my OTHER thread... :D
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rrivers wrote:
    I really enjoyed last night's episode too. I was mad at Jack for breaking the mirrors. I would have loved to see what all the different numbers showed on the mirror.
    The Ack Attack has some good screen shots (close up) of the compass. You can read a lot of the names.

I've probably made it known that I don't like Jack very much, although I'm starting to think I could like him in the Sideways universe. He turns down a drink, he's a douche of a dad but he wants to do better, he's still a Red Sox fan. :twisted:

But in the spirit of Jack from the last 5+ seasons, here's some great art work from Ack Attack:

s640x480.jpg
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    igotid_8 wrote:

i think locke's dad was involved with the island in some way, wasn't he? was 'the man from talahassee' episode ever explained? like how did his dad just happen to appear on the island? so maybe he'd been on the island before and since the explosion happened and the island is underwater he doesn't do certain things that end up making him a huge prick?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:

i think locke's dad was involved with the island in some way, wasn't he? was 'the man from talahassee' episode ever explained? like how did his dad just happen to appear on the island? so maybe he'd been on the island before and since the explosion happened and the island is underwater he doesn't do certain things that end up making him a huge prick?

hmmm, i might be debunking myself here...locke's dad was the real sawyer, right? and the sawyer on the island went to australia to try and find the real sawyer...so if locke's dad didn't do that i wonder why he'd go to australia?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    108=Desmond?

Yeah I read that on Lostpedia too. I'm not buying. :lol:

i looked 'wallace' up and:
    Wallace is a surname of Scottish origin meaning "Welsh".
    Wallace is Jacob's surname
    Wallace is Walt
    Wallace is Walt's grandmother's surname
    What's the evidence for wallace being his grandmother's surname?
    I think it was the episode in season 4 kevin johnson where we see Walt's grandmother,
    well actually its Micheal talking to her.
    Wallace is the Man in Black. He was an actual man who died and was then inhabited by the smoke monster, much like John Locke was. Jacob was able to release the monster from him and allowed him to leave the island, but now he must come back. He will not have aged, just like Richard does not age because he was dead and inhabited by the smoke monster at one point too.
    Wallace is Desmond. Wallace is a famous Scottish surname, and Desmond is Scottish.
    Desmond is 108. When Jacob told Hurley to move the dial to 108* (4+8+15+23+42=108) it was so someone could get to the island. Desmond isn't on the island currently, and when Jack broke the mirrors, Jacob said he wouldn't worry because he would find a way to get there (ie: conciously flash himself there). Although the name next to 108 says "Wallace" it is possible Desmond's last name (Hume) isn't his birthname, much like Miles has a different last name than his parents.
    don't compete; coexist