Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    FirstExit wrote:
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body? I don't remember this part.
    This was in the temple when they thought Sayid was dead. I interpreted it as Miles (who gets messages from the dead) was puzzled because he wasn't "hearing" anything from Sayid. Presumably because Sayid wasn't actually dead or because Jacob had taken over his body.
    FirstExit wrote:
    Why was Richard in chains? Servitude to Jacob
    Maybe Richard originally arrived on the Black Rock in chains? That seems the most likely although I wondered if Richard was from ancient Egypt and was a slave there. I still don't quite get all the Egyptian references.

Just my thoughts. :ugeek:
    I agree with your thoughts on Miles, I thought the same thing, he was confused since he did not hear anything from Sayid.

And I think the Alpert thing will be eventually be answered in the upcoming episods. Or at least I hope it will.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    FirstExit wrote:
    Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan Lyrics
    Damon Lindelof said that in this lyrics of Bob Dylan song u can get alot about Lost meaning..

I'm very familiar with this song...where'd you hear them say that?
    its in Greek newspaper online
    http://www.tanea.gr/default.asp?pid=2&a ... 57949&ct=2
    the article says that he say it in Hawaii the day 1st episode of season 6 was played
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    FirstExit wrote:
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body? I don't remember this part.
    This was in the temple when they thought Sayid was dead. I interpreted it as Miles (who gets messages from the dead) was puzzled because he wasn't "hearing" anything from Sayid. Presumably because Sayid wasn't actually dead or because Jacob had taken over his body.
    FirstExit wrote:
    Why was Richard in chains? Servitude to Jacob
    Maybe Richard originally arrived on the Black Rock in chains? That seems the most likely although I wondered if Richard was from ancient Egypt and was a slave there. I still don't quite get all the Egyptian references.

Just my thoughts. :ugeek:
    I agree with your thoughts on Miles, I thought the same thing, he was confused since he did not hear anything from Sayid.

And I think the Alpert thing will be eventually be answered in the upcoming episods. Or at least I hope it will.
    Maybe Miles heard Jacob, and that is what confused him.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Maybe Miles heard Jacob, and that is what confused him.
    thats a good theory too
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    igotid88 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

i don't know about that. it lead the week with the most illegal downloads prior to the release.

You did notice the ;) in my post, right?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yeah, maybe we'll finally get the answer on that manscara. :P :eh: :wtf:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    Get_Right wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Get_Right alot of those are my personal theories, but some of your questions were either answered on the show or were kinda just "implied" :)
    I know-some of those are reaching at straws
    the only point I was making is that the first episode of the season where the writers promised answers
    just created more questions! parallel realities, two John Lockes, a "new" set of others, separation of the ajira passengers

I mean come on, throw us dogs a bigger bone!

lol to be honest I LOVE that we have questions after the first episode, because this being the last season means every question is (hopefully lol) going to be answered by May 23rd. That means each episode is going to be as edge-of-your-seat suspenseful and shocking as the final episodes were for the seasons prior.
  • Options
    FirstExit wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Get_Right alot of those are my personal theories, but some of your questions were either answered on the show or were kinda just "implied" :)
    I know-some of those are reaching at straws
    the only point I was making is that the first episode of the season where the writers promised answers
    just created more questions! parallel realities, two John Lockes, a "new" set of others, separation of the ajira passengers

I mean come on, throw us dogs a bigger bone!

lol to be honest I LOVE that we have questions after the first episode, because this being the last season means every question is (hopefully lol) going to be answered by May 23rd. That means each episode is going to be as edge-of-your-seat suspenseful and shocking as the final episodes were for the seasons prior.
    Except for the one where Nikki and Paolo come back... :roll:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Man, I hope other people like parodies as much as I do. :twisted:
    Although this would have been slightly better before the season opener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PAB6Sgdp8

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    My $0.02...

When Sayid shot Ben, Richard saved Ben at the Temple and warned that "he will be different, he won't remember any of this." I think the same thing happened to Sayid. That is why 1. his accent is different 2. the first thing he said is "What happened?" It also satifies the karma aspect - Sayid shot Ben, then suffered the same fate as Ben. The fact that Roger Linus mistreated Ben AND shot Sayid makes for a great storyline as well.

It doesn't appear as if Jacob needs to possess Sayid's body. He seems pretty powerful and crafty on his own, getting everyone in the proper position well enough. But hey, it's a good theory!

Smoke Monster - why would Flocke (fake Locke) apologize to Ben for "having to see me like that"? Great line, but it doesn't make sense - Ben summoned the Monster to wipe out Keemy's team in season 4, so obviously Ben has a lot of experience seeing the Smoke Monster "like that."

It was cool seeing Doc Artz, Frogurt, Boone, Cindy and the kids again. Interesting how Rose was the calm one and Jack was nervous this time around, whereas in the pilot, it was the same conversation totally reversed. This alt reality thing will be interesting! Good thing Locke will live on in some capacity. Terry O'Quinn is a terrific actor!

I'm happy Claire is back - I think she is the bee's knees. Love her accent!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    There was a ring of ash around the cabin that supposedly belonged to Jacob. I'm wondering what's so important in there that they were trying to keep smokey away.
  • Options
    so i see tuesday this week too..so its all tuesdays now?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Except the finale. For some strange reason that's going to be on a Sunday.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,421

more people watch tv on Sunday. They're gonna get 3 hours that day.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited February 2010
    There was a ring of ash around the cabin that supposedly belonged to Jacob. I'm wondering what's so important in there that they were trying to keep smokey away.

I don't think that was Jacob in the cabin. I am pretty sure it was smokey and the black ash was to confine him. When they burned down the cabin in last years finale they also showed concern at the broken line of ash. Being Jacobs "bodyguards" they seemed to know of the threat.

Looking back it would make sense that its smokey because, despite going to the cabin, Ben never actually talked to Jacob. When Ben and Locke went there and shit started flying, along with the "help me" line, it's evident that someone was imprisoned in the cabin.

I am interested on how the circle of ash around the cabin was broken. Was that ever addressed??
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:

I don't think that was Jacob in the cabin. I
    am pretty sure it was smokey and the
    black ash was to confine him. When they burned down the cabin in last years finale
    they also showed concern at the broken
    line of ash. Being Jacobs "bodyguards"
    they seemed to know of the threat.

I am interested on how the circle of ash around the cabin was broken. Was that ever addressed??
    I don't think they ever explained how it was broken. Has to make you wonder when did the smoke monster get locked into the cabin though.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

more people watch tv on Sunday. They're gonna get 3 hours that day.
    I also read that the American Idol big finale is scheduled for that Tuesday and they want to avoid competing with that during the May sweeps.
  • Options
    Ack Attack! has returned to posting her weekly Lost synopsis. Always good for laughs:

http://www.theackattack.net/?p=1254#more-1254

A brief excerpt:

And of course Jin went back to being Wifey McBeaty again. Sigh.

“Button your sweater! I’ll not have my totally subservient wife going around flashing her collar bone like a common whore!”

And while Frogurt has some pleasant dreams that don’t involve being shot to death with flaming arrows, Boone and Locke got to know one another!

Locke: Yeah I was totally on a Walkabout, we hunted our food and slept under the stars, and I never had to yell “DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN’T DO” at anyone. Pretty awesome.
    Boone: Wow, a Walkabout? You’re not pulling my leg, are you?
    Locke: I’m not pulling your leg, but you could be pulling my leg right now for all I know. I’d have no idea.
    Lost Audience: HEY LOCKE, ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDN’T JUST GO ON A ROLLABOUT?
  • Options
    TWO HOURS!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    TWO HOURS!!!!

the first hour is pt 2 from last week. but the enhanced version i believe.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    TWO HOURS!!!!

the first hour is pt 2 from last week. but the enhanced version i believe.
    I didn't get to watch the pop up video episode. :(
    My prince is seriously crazy for NCIS so I knew I wasn't going to win that one. :| :problem: :silent:
    But I recorded it! :thumbup:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Claire with a gun. :thumbup:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Claire with a gun. :thumbup:
    :clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Really liked the episode last night. Definitely my favorite so far. Ethan as Claires doctor was great. Looks like they the characters can't escape their destinies and everything is coming full circle.

I wonder who the Asian temple guy was writting to on the typewriter?

Bring on Widmore! I want to know his role in all this!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    jervin007 wrote:

Bring on Widmore! I want to know his role in all this!!
    agree 100%

although I was not thrilled with last nights episode
    I really dont need to see sawyer being a sad sack-while seeing previews for Juliets new show
    I want more action! and I want to know when Sun and Jin will finally reconnect-finale perhaps?
  • Options
    I thought last night's episode was really weak. I am not a fan of Kate-centric episodes. They seem to go no where. She is great as a go between for Jack and Sawyer but as a stand alone plot line, ehhhh.

More questions than answers and like we saw in last week's episodes there is a big sand clock and time is running out.

The only plus to me was Ethan as a sweetheart doctor.
    BTW, why would Claire get back in the cab with a gun toting Kate?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    It took me awhile, but I finally put two and two together (maybe) and connected the "infection" that Dogan claims is in Sayid to the "sickness" that Russou (sp?) talked about. The sickness that infected the French crew except for Danielle. The sickness that made the French crew want to kill eachother and Danielle.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    One of the weakest episodes of all time. And considering this is the final season with so many questions, we don't really have time for this. :?
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    It took me awhile, but I finally put two and two together (maybe) and connected the "infection" that Dogan claims is in Sayid to the "sickness" that Russou (sp?) talked about. The sickness that infected the French crew except for Danielle. The sickness that made the French crew want to kill eachother and Danielle.
    I'll buy this.
    GoiMTvP.gif