Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Harbaugh was absolutely in the wrong when it came to that altercation.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Congrats to Marrone on becoming the assistant head coach of Jacksonville. What a tool.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Congrats to Marrone on becoming the assistant head coach of Jacksonville. What a tool.

Was thinking the same thing. He thought he would be the hottest
    commodity on the market. Complete douche bag. Way to demote yourself!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12201701/coaching-hires-winners-losers-john-clayton-mailbag

Winners
    1. Buffalo Bills: The Bills didn't figure to be in the hunt for a coach following a 9-7 campaign, but Marrone surprised them by opting out of his contract three days after the season. Landing Rex Ryan as a replacement was a major move for the franchise. Already revered for his work building up defenses, Ryan inherits a top-five unit in Buffalo, and the offense could benefit from his hiring of former 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman. Now, the organization needs to find this new staff the right quarterback in order to succeed.

Losers
    2. Doug Marrone, hot assistant coaches: Marrone's gamble fell short as he went from head coach of a Buffalo team that appeared on the rise to an assistant/offensive line coach in Jacksonville. How he could decide to take the $4 million buyout of his contract despite not having another head-coaching job lined up is incredible.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The idiotic Bills just couldn't help themselves, could they (I'm from Buffalo and have lots of family there so I support them)? They are by far the worst franchise in existence including chess and checkers.

Josh McCown, are you kidding me?!?
  • Options

The idiotic Bills just couldn't help themselves, could they (I'm from Buffalo and have lots of family there so I support them)? They are by far the worst franchise in existence including chess and checkers.

Josh McCown, are you kidding me?!?

Yea......seems silly......then again, I thought Orton was idiotic.
  • Options
    Who is the alternative?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 said:

Who is the alternative?

Exactly.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Who is the alternative?

Marcus Mariotta
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

Who is the alternative?

Marcus Mariotta
    Didn't we trade our first rounder?
  • Options
    Trading into the top of the draft from the number 50 pick would cost 1st rounders for a decade
  • Options
    I didn't know they traded their first round pick this year.
  • Options
    The bills are trading for shady McCoy!! Maybe this Rex Ryan character won't be so bad!!
  • Options
    Monster trade. Love it
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Monster trade. Love it

I like it a lot. Hopefully we can move the ball more effectively and utilize his talent. Does this mean Spiller is out? Not sure what his contract situation is.
  • Options
    Yeah. Probably go with freddy mccoy and dixon. Unsure about bryce brown.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

It would be nice if Brown could get his fumbling under control. Didn't we trade a draft pick for the guy?
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

It would be nice if Brown could get his fumbling under control. Didn't we trade a draft pick for the guy?
    Why not use McCoy and spiller and get rid of the other two bums? I know spiller is getting paid a lot, but it makes sense to keep them both and use them both.
  • Options
    Spiller is a ufa
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

Why not use McCoy and spiller and get rid of the other two bums? I know spiller is getting paid a lot, but it makes sense to keep them both and use them both.
    Better yet, we can see if one of our ten rbs can play qb.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Wow big trade for the Bills. I thought you guys had pretty good RBs but Shady can be a beast when he is happy. As a fan of football I would like to see Buffalo be really good again. I liked watching the games shown from there when it was Kelly, Thermal, Reed and Brucie.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    i'm the biggest mccoy fan around....but he's got only a couple good years left and he's owed a ton of money. can already tell he lost a little bit last year. long term, i like this for the eagles. i'll be rooting for him up in buffalo though.

also, i'm not too sure shady is a rex ryan kind of running back too. should be interesting...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    His contract runs through 2017. Buffalo ought to be able to get 2 good years out of him
  • Options
    I was really angry about this deal at first. I mean, RBs are a dime a dozen. I feel like Kiko has so much upside to be a superstar LB in this league. I know he blew up his knee but his rookie year was phenomenal. That said, Buffalo did quite all right without him last year on D and maybe they know something about his knee.

I hope it works out for the Bills.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Good luck with Shady. We will miss him. It should be interesting when you come to town this year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Adam Schefter

2 mins ·

Vikings say they are trading Matt Cassel to Buffalo for an undisclosed draft pick.
  • Options

Adam Schefter

2 mins ·

Vikings say they are trading Matt Cassel to Buffalo for an undisclosed draft pick.

Hopefully it'sa 2018 6th rounder. That's all I'd pay for him.
  • Options
    Looks like the signed a new deal with lesean mccoy. 5.5 million cap hit this year. Not shabby
  • Options
    resigned Hughes, thankfully