Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Sounds like it is a discount from what he would have gotten on a wide open market. Sounds great. Thanks to the reduced McCoy number they will probably go for a TE and a G too. Rumors say Bulaga and also an offer sheet for Clay
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Since Andre Johnson wants out of Houston, why not go get him?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Adam Schefter

8 mins ·
    Well, this is interesting: Bills also expressing interest in free-agent CB Darrelle Revis, per sources. Rex does love his CBs...
  • Options
    5 yr 38m for Charles F'in Clay? dum dums
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

That's a shitload of money. Clay is a decent TE, but don't think he's worth that much.
  • Options

That's a shitload of money. Clay is a decent TE, but don't think he's worth that much.
    That is nuts. Clay is trash.
  • Options
    Trash?

I don't know about that.

He is a jack of all trades for TE. is a large upgrade for Chandler (and any TE the Bills have employed, maybe ever... but at least since Riemersma). He fits in very well with our OC Greg Roman and I'm sure he was hand picked/targeted by him.

And... its really not that much money if he produces and blocks for the running game. Especially considering you virtually had 2 TEs who would be eating up that same money and an additional roster spot. Lee Smith makes $3 million a year to block, and Chandler was signed to $5.3 million to catch passes (and be fairly uninspiring athletically). It is basically the same deal as Kyle Rudolph got, and remember the cap always goes up and the Bills are still in good shape.

They needed this tight end and specifically targeted him. Graham, Cameron, Gresham, J Thomas, Owen Daniels, and even had Chandler in-house. They went directly for Clay, despite there being a Transition Tag on him.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    MayDay10 said:

Trash?

I don't know about that.

He is a jack of all trades for TE. is a large upgrade for Chandler (and any TE the Bills have employed, maybe ever... but at least since Riemersma). He fits in very well with our OC Greg Roman and I'm sure he was hand picked/targeted by him.

And... its really not that much money if he produces and blocks for the running game. Especially considering you virtually had 2 TEs who would be eating up that same money and an additional roster spot. Lee Smith makes $3 million a year to block, and Chandler was signed to $5.3 million to catch passes (and be fairly uninspiring athletically). It is basically the same deal as Kyle Rudolph got, and remember the cap always goes up and the Bills are still in good shape.

They needed this tight end and specifically targeted him. Graham, Cameron, Gresham, J Thomas, Owen Daniels, and even had Chandler in-house. They went directly for Clay, despite there being a Transition Tag on him.

Lol, I'm sticking with trash. Of course, I've been opposed to alot of the moves the team has made this off season.
  • Options
    Schedule came out. Nothing earth-shattering. We knew about the London game,

its nice to have 8 home games and a Neutral Site game.

Starting out against the Colts and Cheaters is a little brutal but those games are at home.

Tough stretch in November/December when they have like 1 home game in 7 weeks or something.

Cold weather games against the Texans/Cowboys towards the end plus the Jets at the end.

Primetime Thursday @ Jets and then Monday @ the Pats should be a cool stretch.

Home games are all at 1PM Sunday, as a STH I prefer that. Love the routine.

Jacksonville in London at 930AM will a cool party to watch it somewhere with people.

I like the bye week close to the geographical middle of the schedule

Sun, Sep 13 vs Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Sep 20 vs New England 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Sep 27 @ Miami 4:25 PM CBS

Sun, Oct 4 vs New York Giants 1:00 PM FOX

Sun, Oct 11 @ Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Oct 18 vs Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Oct 25 @ Jacksonville 9:30 AM

BYE WEEK

Sun, Nov 8 vs Miami 1:00 PM CBS

Thu, Nov 12 @ New York 8:25 PM NFL

Mon, Nov 23 @ New England 8:30 PM ESPN/WatchESPN

Sun, Nov 29 @ Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Dec 6 vs Houston 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Dec 13 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Dec 20 @ Washington 1:00 PM CBS

Sun, Dec 27 vs Dallas 1:00 PM FOX

Sun, Jan 3 vs New York 1:00 PM CBS
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    For the first time in a long time the BILLS are being picked ti win the East division. The cheaters as MD10 calls them are picked to be third this year, we shall see. None of that matters one bit as long as there is no major injury to Brady the Patriots once again will take the division title.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    You forgot the late January games?
  • Options
    What player did we lose this year's first round pick for? Was it Manual?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Sammy Watkins
  • Options

Sammy Watkins
    They traded up for him? Why can't I remember this?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2015

Sammy Watkins
    They traded up for him? Why can't I remember this?
    Yeah. Only moved up a few spots in a WR deep draft.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Trash?

I don't know about that.

Charles Clay is a bun
  • Options
    I watched the game last night and I saw a lot of good things. First off, the Defense has a chance to be world class. I know they played the Browns, but theyre very explosive and have a great push up front.

Secondly, I like the QBs they have. I never thought I would ever say this but all 3 of them are good enough game managers to drive the ball and get some points. I think 17 per game will be good enough to win games. That's not too much to ask, right?

10-6
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I watched the game last night and I saw a lot of good things. First off, the Defense has a chance to be world class. I know they played the Browns, but theyre very explosive and have a great push up front.

Secondly, I like the QBs they have. I never thought I would ever say this but all 3 of them are good enough game managers to drive the ball and get some points. I think 17 per game will be good enough to win games. That's not too much to ask, right?

10-6

I think your QBs are not very good but the defense is going to be a terror. If Shady can stay healthy you wont need to get a ton out of your QBs to be in battle for playoffs.
    Rooting for Cassell but think Taylor is better option than Ej.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Love the Bills for over 8.5 wins for the season.
  • Options
    It was pretty obvious that both teams just wanted to get out of there. The Bills' opening drive was like 10 minutes and resulted in a missed FG. Despite the flags it was one of the fastest NFL games I have ever seen.

I like Ty Rodd's footwork. Seems confident and can get out of trouble to be a real threat and also plants and gets the ball out with authority.

Darby getting 2 picks was great.

Very interesting on the back end of the WR Roster race. many guys and they all look pretty decent.
  • Options
    Released Fred Jackson. Wtf?
  • Options
    Yeah he's old and injury prone, but he catches passes and blocks. As well as a leader. Our whole backfield is fucking injured. I seriously don't know what the hell is going on here. Starts our last preseason game. 5 carries almost 50 yds and a td and then gets cut. This pisses me off.
  • Options
    That is an extremely odd move to cut Jackson. He was cheap and the guy could pass block. Unbelievable that they consider Bryce Brown a more suitable back up.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    He wouldn't let Rex Ryan near his feet.
    Seriously though that is kind of messed up. I watched the start of that game the other night and he looked great. They showed how he was the 3rd highest rusher (total yds) in NFL history out of Undrafted Players.
  • Options
    Patriots will sign him the next couple of days. Enough time to prep for week 2.
  • Options
    So Taylor had 1 good preseason game and he's the week 1 starter? My god.
  • Options

well, he has played really good in all 3 preseason games.

The coaching staff has also been working with him at minicamps, OTAs, and over a month of training camp so there is that too. Harbough also gave him high marks from Baltimore.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

well, he has played really good in all 3 preseason games.

The coaching staff has also been working with him at minicamps, OTAs, and over a month of training camp so there is that too. Harbough also gave him high marks from Baltimore.
    A character reference? Oh-oh. :lol:
  • Options
    Dareus signed a monster extension today.

Times are so different now