Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mark kelso thinks the bills will be able to play man coverage against the Bears. That's cute.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wasn't he barely over .500 at Syracuse in his time there? I never understood the hire. I wanted Lovie Smith over him.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    they are all dead men walking and they know it.

more importantly, bids are due Tuesday
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

Wasn't he barely over .500 at Syracuse in his time there? I never understood the hire. I wanted Lovie Smith over him.
    exactly!! average college coach!!! mind boggling hire
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

exactly!! average college coach!!! mind boggling hire
    Not even in a good conference.
  • Options
    I just read the Bills might put Spiller at kickoff return because Goodwin is injury prone? Marrone needs to go.
  • Options
    Great/Surprising game.

So many players did their jobs well.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MayDay10 said:

Great/Surprising game.

A lot of good defensive plays taken away by awful penalty calls. I was just reading Marrone was pissed about the team signing Kyle Orton after the preseason was over. In that case I will give coach a pass. He got the results week one. Hopefully we can keep it up. Fred Jackson abused that guy on the game clinching run. How great was that?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

MayDay10 said:

Great/Surprising game.

A lot of good defensive plays taken away by awful penalty calls. I was just reading Marrone was pissed about the team signing Kyle Orton after the preseason was over. In that case I will give coach a pass. He got the results week one. Hopefully we can keep it up. Fred Jackson abused that guy on the game clinching run. How great was that?
    Don't go to crazy about that stiff arm. Conte is the worst safety in the league.

It was pretty good though.
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

Great/Surprising game.

Don't go to crazy about that stiff arm. Conte is the worst safety in the league.

It was pretty good though.
    Hahaha
  • Options
    Word on the streets is Pegula's bid will be selected as soon as now. Maybe as late as the end of the week.

Rejoice.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Word on the streets is Pegula's bid will be selected as soon as now. Maybe as late as the end of the week.

Rejoice.

=D>
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11490401/three-groups-submit-bids-buy-buffalo-bills

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula is on the verge of buying the Buffalo Bills, league sources have told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN Senior Analyst Chris Mortensen.

The process is said to be "moving quick," according to sources, and the Buffalo News has reported a decision could happen by Wednesday.

At least three ownership groups submitted formal bids to buy the Bills on Monday, four people familiar with discussions revealed that information to The Associated Press. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because the sale is being conducted privately.

The other groups submitting bids were led by New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump, and a Toronto group led by rocker Jon Bon Jovi. The bids were submitted to Morgan Stanley, the banking firm overseeing the sale process on behalf of late owner Ralph Wilson's estate.

Three of the people said the estate issued purchase agreements to at least four groups, and potentially five. The other groups' identities are not known, and it's unclear if they submitted bids.

The purchase agreements are formal documents that are negotiated separately by each of the parties and Proskauer Rose, the legal firm representing the estate. The agreements are binding documents that outline the terms and conditions of the sale.

Once those agreements were completed over the past week, the only outstanding question left was for each group to determine its bid price.

The franchise was last valued by Forbes to be worth $935 million. But the sale price is expected to exceed $1 billion because NFL franchises rarely go on the block.

The Bills are on the market after Wilson, the Hall of Fame inductee and franchise founder, died in March.

The Cleveland Browns were sold for close to $1.05 billion two years ago. The Miami Dolphins sold for an NFL-record $1.1 billion in 2009, but their deal also included their stadium.

Once identified, the prospective owner would be presented to members of the NFL Finance Committee, which is scheduled to meet next week. The candidate must also go through an extensive background check conducted by an NFL-contracted security firm.

The final step would be approval from three-quarters of the league's 31 other owners, which could come at league meetings next month. After that, NFL owners are next scheduled to meet in December.

Terry Pegula and his wife Kim have a net worth of more than $3.5 billion, and have the support of local business leaders and public officials because of their commitment to keep the Bills in western New York.

U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer has stayed closely involved with the sale process to ensure the Bills stay in New York.

Last week, Schumer expressed his support of Pegula in conversations with at least 10 NFL owners.

During a stop in Buffalo on Monday, Schumer said he had conversations regarding the sale process with both Terry Pegula and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earlier in the day.

"We talked about the lay of the land. I'm not going to get into details," Schumer said. "But I believe that (Pegula) is enthusiastic about owning and keeping the Bills in Buffalo for generations."
  • Options
    done deal.

Bills are stayin' forever!
  • Options
    I'm a long time bills fan. I've never watched the sabres in my life. Thus guy, the sabres owner, this is a good thing for the bills?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yes he is.

He came in with the Sabres and threw a lot of money into bad existing management. Signed a few bad contracts and they chased all the top UFAs who didnt want to come mostly because the team was no good....

So he cleaned house. The Sabres traded off most assets for a lot of high end picks and prospects. They have all the room in the world under the cap, have what is rated as the top prospect pool in the league, and have 3 1st rounders this season in what may be one of if not the best NHL drafts in 30 years.

So they are lined up to have an embarrassment of riches talent-wise in a few years and they figure that UFAs at that point will sign here. They are looking at replicating Detroit Red Wing-like success and longevity.

He is building a huge 1 of a kind state of the art complex attached to the arena with 2 sheets of ice, an arena, giant sports bar, shops, and a hotel. He also completely updated the player facilities/lockerroom to be at or near the best in the league (after travelling to the best in the NHL to take notes). Bolstered the scouting staff, and coaching/development staff/budget. Also built a cant-refuse plan for the NHL to move their scouting combine to Buffalo, NY for the next 3 years +.
    Refurbished the arena quite a bit from a fan standpoint too.

Also he connected immediately with all Sabres alumni. His first few weeks he invited every player ever to play for the Sabres on his dime for a ceremony before a game. Also built an alumni plaza where every guy who played 1 game or more is honored, and statues are erected.

This guy is the dream owner.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Sounds promising. It's been a long time since the bills have seen the playoffs. Hopefully within the next few seasons, he can lead them there.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

yes he is.

He came in with the Sabres and threw a lot of money into bad existing management. Signed a few bad contracts and they chased all the top UFAs who didnt want to come mostly because the team was no good....

So he cleaned house. The Sabres traded off most assets for a lot of high end picks and prospects. They have all the room in the world under the cap, have what is rated as the top prospect pool in the league, and have 3 1st rounders this season in what may be one of if not the best NHL drafts in 30 years.

So they are lined up to have an embarrassment of riches talent-wise in a few years and they figure that UFAs at that point will sign here. They are looking at replicating Detroit Red Wing-like success and longevity.

He is building a huge 1 of a kind state of the art complex attached to the arena with 2 sheets of ice, an arena, giant sports bar, shops, and a hotel. He also completely updated the player facilities/lockerroom to be at or near the best in the league (after travelling to the best in the NHL to take notes). Bolstered the scouting staff, and coaching/development staff/budget. Also built a cant-refuse plan for the NHL to move their scouting combine to Buffalo, NY for the next 3 years +.
    Refurbished the arena quite a bit from a fan standpoint too.

Also he connected immediately with all Sabres alumni. His first few weeks he invited every player ever to play for the Sabres on his dime for a ceremony before a game. Also built an alumni plaza where every guy who played 1 game or more is honored, and statues are erected.

This guy is the dream owner.

Yes he is the right guy. Sooooo happy it wasn't one of the other douche nozzles.
  • Options
    Tim Graham ‏@bytimgraham 5m

Jon Bon Jovi to @thebuffalonews: On behalf of Myself, Larry Tanenbaum and Edward Rogers, we wish Terry and Kim Pegula all the best ... (1/2)

Jon Bon Jovi to @thebuffalonews (cont'd): "... as they continue the legacy and tradition of the Buffalo Bills and the Wilson family." (2/2)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    He's done a lot for his alumni's (Penn State's) hockey program, too. He donated over $100M for the construction of their new arena which was justifiably named after him. This helped PSU to promote from a club team to Division I.
    This was huge for the B1G, as its member schools only had 5 Division I teams before Penn State's promotion. Since the NCAA requires 6 teams in a conference to yield an AQ, this was the piece of the puzzle that helped bring Minnesota & Wisconsin from the WCHA and Michigan, MSU, & Ohio State from the CCHA to form B1G Hockey.
    I went to a Minnesota/Penn State game last year and have everything good to say about the arena. It's very affordable, there isn't a bad seat in the house, and the fan experience is top notch!
  • Options

I just read the Bills might put Spiller at kickoff return because Goodwin is injury prone? Marrone needs to go.

Ok, maybe he isn't that bad...hahaha
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    the worst play by play announcer in the world is calling your game right now. my ears are bleeding.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Really solid game today. Our defense looks good.
  • Options
    CD1083CD1083 Albany, NY Posts: 58
    Great Game :)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Impressive start
  • Options

Impressive start

Sammy Watkins looks like he can do some real damage if we can keep him on the field.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    So the Bills wins are against teams that have beaten the Pats and Niners.
  • Options
    Great game. Really great atmosphere there yesterday. Lots of weapons and a top notch looking defense.