Options

fox news audience...your network thinks you are stupid.

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,185
    Jason P wrote:
    As far as their talent, the main agenda that murdoch seems to be gunning for is getting more eyeballs on his network. However, I do see a problem arising if any of the talent announces a bid for 2012. It will be interesting to see how that is handled.

As far as talking points, don't all politicians try to influence media and opinion by releasing favorable points to the media? The white house even went as far as trying to discredit Fox as a news agency (however I do find it odd that they moved Fox into the front row of the media gallery). And I recall certain networks getting special access privileges as long as the obama team was happy with them. I'm sure Bush did it. Obama is doing it. And soon, Palin will be doing it. (kidding ;) . . . maybe :shock: )

My point is that Fox caters to the right and a network like MSNBC caters to the left. People on the right think that Fox is balanced and MSNBC is disreputable network pushing a liberal agenda. And people on the left think that MSNBC is balanced and the Fox is a disreputable network pushing a conservative agenda. I know that you probably have a laundry list of mistakes and lies that have been reported on Fox news . . . my conservative friends have the same list for MSNBC.

I just see it as two networks doing all they can to appeal to a certain demographic to rake in more advertising money. Personally, I can't stand either network. I just recently turned my cable back on and was disgusted by the "fear" that these 24/7 networks push so that you keep watching. Even ESPN's Sportscenter is bugging me out right now.
    murdoch says that the minute they announce their candidacy their contract with fox is voided.

the white house did not give fox that seat, the white house press corps did...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    murdoch says that the minute they announce their candidacy their contract with fox is voided.

Ah, that makes sense now. I was always trying to figure out why Obama would move Fox to the front row after they tried to discredit them a year ago. I thought the upgrade to front row may have been an olive branch.

Do you know who made the call within the press corp to assign seats? Do they have an elected group or does every organization have a vote? I couldn't find any info on the web.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    and it's difficult again to work out what point you are trying to make.
    It's a day later and I'm not sure what point I was trying to make either :D
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Ah, that makes sense now. I was always trying to figure out why Obama would move Fox to the front row after they tried to discredit them a year ago. I thought the upgrade to front row may have been an olive branch.

Do you know who made the call within the press corp to assign seats? Do they have an elected group or does every organization have a vote? I couldn't find any info on the web.
    they vote on it. it was between NPR and fox for helen thomas's seat and fox got more votes...i am still pissed about that..
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Commy wrote:
    they say fox news is as biased as msnbc. whether that' true or not......fox think it audience idiots. tools to be shaped, molded.

most of us aren't that stupid. its the rest i'm worried about.

And "the rest" is the majority........... :?
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    i seem to catch parts of hannity more than any other show on the network but friday he had on ann coulter. they talked about obama's radio ad saying if the big, bad, scary republicans win we will go back to the failed policies of bush (although, i can't really name many he has tried to reverse and i think those would've happened regardless of which democrat had won unless it was someone like ileberman when he was in the party)

ann says under bush unemployment was 1/2 of what it is now. that may be true for when he took office but according to these numbers
    http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=13307

obama was sworn in jan 20th, 2009, so i'm giving all of jan to bush, unemployment was 7.6%. as of sept of this year it is 9.6%

and then they went on about how he wants to impose all these regulations that will do nothing but raise taxes and the cost of things and blah blah blah
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    whygohome wrote:
    Commy wrote:
    they say fox news is as biased as msnbc. whether that' true or not......fox think it audience idiots. tools to be shaped, molded.

when i say "most" and refer to the "rest", by definition of words used, "the rest" refers to a minority.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    whygohome wrote:
    Commy wrote:

when i say "most" and refer to the "rest", by definition of words used, "the rest" refers to a minority.

Yes, I know.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    meanwhile up north,
    SunTV AKA "Fox News North"
    is on retreat... thanks to the petition we signed and the letters we sent, and the CRTC not granting them a special licence that forces cable companies to carry their station ...at least on this side of the border we can see teh difference between polarized "media" and actual news sources

go us!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    meanwhile up north,
    SunTV AKA "Fox News North"
    is on retreat... thanks to the petition we signed and the letters we sent, and the CRTC not granting them a special licence that forces cable companies to carry their station ...at least on this side of the border we can see teh difference between polarized "media" and actual news sources

go us!

Congratulations! I guess that is the result of a mobilized, active society. Down here in the good 'ol U.S.A. we sit on the couch and watch "celebrities" dance and guido retards act like idiots at the beach. Oh yeah, we also bitch and whine about everything but do nothing about it!! And to top it all off, 1/3 of our population is obese and about as healthy as a manatee on its death bed!!

Go US!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    you gotta love how fake news sites are driving the lunatic media....

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
  • Options

which fake news site...onion or fox?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    norm wrote:

which fake news site...onion or fox?

At least if you are smart you could see the irony on the onion and you learn something, but on fox news is just a complete waste of time...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    once is a mistake. twice is possibly a mistake. this is the 4th time that i know of where fox aired the wrong footage to seemingly push a certain agenda over another one...where are their video editors? how can this keep happening?? the only explanations can be 1. lazy, lackidasical video editors/story editors, 2. careless or unobjective reporting, or 3. outright attempting to shape a story to sway opinion or push a certain agenda. either way, it reflects poorly on fox's claims of journalistic integrity and being "fair and balanced"...

Fox faces fallout over misleading footage before Ron Paul interview

By Michael Calderone

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutlin ... -interview

On Tuesday, Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer asked Ron Paul to respond to the chorus of boos that greeted news the insurgent small-government Texas congressman had won the Conservative Political Action Conference's presidential straw poll for the second year in a row. There was just one problem with Hemmer's question: The vocal chorus of boos didn't come from last week's 2011 CPAC as the network claimed; rather those boos were from the 2010 conference.

You can watch the 2011 footage, followed by Paul's introduction on Fox this week with the 2010 footage, via the media news site Mediaite:

Paul supporters have claimed that Fox News—which some might expect to promote an establishment Republican over the anti-establishment Paul—intentionally aired the wrong footage to place Paul in a negative light against runner-up Mitt Romney.

Paul's spokeswoman declined to comment to The Cutline.

However, Fox denies any such deception. Michael Clemente, Fox's senior vice president of news, told Mediaite that "we made a mistake with some of the video we aired, and plan on issuing a correction on America's Newsroom tomorrow morning explaining exactly what happened."

Hemmer admitted the error on air today. "It's an honest mistake. We apologize for the error. We look forward to having Representative Paul back on our program very soon," he told viewers.

Still, this isn't the first time Fox has aired the wrong footage in a way that could be perceived as benefiting certain Republicans.

In November 2009, Fox's Sean Hannity had Rep. Michele Bachmann on describing an anti-health care reform rally while airing footage from a significantly larger event led by Glenn Beck a few months earlier. Hannity apologized the next night for the mix-up, which was caught by The Daily Show's Jon Stewart. You can watch the Stewart report below:

Fox again aired the wrong crowd footage during a segment just a week later.

Fox's Greg Jarrett reported that Sarah Palin was "drawing huge crowds" while on a book tour. The footage, however, was actually from a larger 2008 campaign event. Fox's management chalked up the incorrect footage to a "production error." The network hired Palin soon after as a contributor

• Options
    oh for cryin out loud gimmie :roll: :lol:

Cmon man do you really think they do this on purpose :roll: .

I can see it now all the talking heads sitting around the confrence table first thing mon morning discussing how they can splice footage and manipulate their audience. :roll: Think about it for a sec. There are people that sit around all day,groups like Media matters and move on.org ect.ect. that watch and monitor fox news looking for this kind of stuff. The kinda stuff that MSNBC and others cant wait to talk about so they can get people like you that hate Fox all wound up over non sense. In other words why would they do this knowing that their are people watching every second ? I bet MSNBC has made mistakes just like other networks have that doesn't mean they did it on purpose or did it to manipulate their viewers.

And if Fox news thinks it's audience are stupid,then I can only imagine what a network must think about it's own veiewrs that has to switch over to shows about life in prison and pedaphiles bcos nobody watches it. :P
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:

I can see it now all the talking heads sitting around the confrence table first thing mon morning discussing how they can splice footage and manipulate their audience. :roll: Think about it for a sec. There are people that sit around all day,groups like Media matters and move on.org ect.ect. that watch and monitor fox news looking for this kind of stuff. The kinda stuff that MSNBC and others cant wait to talk about so they can get people like you that hate Fox all wound up over non sense. In other words why would they do this knowing that their are people watching every second ? I bet MSNBC has made mistakes just like other networks have that doesn't mean they did it on purpose or did it to manipulate their viewers.

And if Fox news thinks it's audience are stupid,then I can only imagine what a network must think about it's own veiewrs that has to switch over to shows about life in prison and pedaphiles bcos nobody watches it. :P

Man, you are gullible. The number of times that it happens suggests that it CANNOT be an accident.

And yeah, the other biased networks aren't worth watching either. None of them are.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:

I
    absolutely i think they do it on purpose.

once is a mistake. twice is possibly a mistake. four times is a pattern. and when people talk about it having the highest ratings does not mean that it is a paragon of journalism. it is sensationalist, and routinely puts wrong video footage to stories in attempt to make you think a certain way. since it has the largest audience, the onus is on it to get things right. they have an obligation to report the truth, but they rarely do it without bias, and that bias influences people to think a certain way. and that is the incredibly tragic thing about fox.

• Options
    bumpity bump....this video is too good not to post here..

jon stewart politifacts fox news....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/2 ... 81998.html

• Options
    bumpity bump....this video is too good not to post here..

jon stewart politifacts fox news....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/2 ... 81998.html

This is just awesome :D

Thanks for sharing!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067

FOX doesn't care if Media Matters busts them on stuff like this. Their viewers saw and heard what they wanted and that's all that counts.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522

FOX doesn't care if Media Matters busts them on stuff like this. Their viewers saw and heard what they wanted and that's all that counts.

Yup, they could care less about their mistakes or correcting them.

They got idiot nation tuned in.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

morons travel in packs becos they need the validation of someone always telling them what they want to hear rather than what's really happening in the world?

:lol::lol: So true! Oh, how this comment made me laugh...

And to comment on the topic. I personally think that there are many a "news" station that present "facts" that aren't quite true (i.e. embellished like the particular footage and stories mentioned in this thread), or that are presented with a particular slant or spin. I don't believe that it's only Faux News. These big news stations are owned by big money. Big money usually has it's own political agenda and that tends to trickle down. Journalistic integrity has been going into the toilet because these big money stations hand down the do's and don'ts to thier journalistis and expect them to print the story the way they want it told. So I suppose many journalists choose, or feel they have no other option other than to do what the poeple who pay them tell them to do. Plus, look what can be done to photos/video footage in order to bend and shape them into whatever they are required to be...

All in all, it's up the the viewer to be smart enough to not take everything the TV/internet news tells them at face value. News is a business after all, and business is all about the bottom line--the almighty dollar.

Well said :thumbup:
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    aerial wrote:
    What situation would that be? Or maybe you could get a J.O.B that offers insurance or buy it your self.....anyone think of that yet?
    Why would you expect someone else to buy it for you?

you're priorites are all twisted .

this is how fucked up you are,

you're ok with murder and rape and pillage and misery and brutality and oppression, but when it comes to me seeing a doctor you're against it.

the selfish they're all standing in line....

you're right there with them

the wealthy are wealthy because of the working class. there is no country to run if the working class stops working, the USA ceases to exist. all the positions of privilege and luxury mean shit without the working class. its an easy concept but i doubt you'll understand... so if some of their taxes go into a fund that allows us access to healthcare, its not even half of what is due.

you realize we could have 20 hour workweeks, 6 weeks paid vacation, unlimited unempoloyment benefits, job security, helathcare etc.....all of that, AND make more per week than we are now.

but its because of the selfish and the greedy, people just like you, that don't mind spending so much on weapons and murder, and get up in arms when any of our taxes are to be spent on the people. you are perpetuating a system that caters to the elite, leaves the majority to rot, and is only getting more extreme.

us 47 million without insurance pay taxes too. i'd rather the money was spent saving lives, not taking them. that's the difference between us.

Outstanding Commy - 10/10.

Just reading through this thread for the first time now. Some very interesting posts.
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    Why is nobody capitalizing the first letter in the sentences they are writing?

'cause their 'anti-Capitalists'? :think:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:

:lol:

i'm just a lazyass...

actually i am so hardcore i don't capitalize any first letters or proper nouns....

funk dat!

fight the power!

;)

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    aerial wrote:
    I watch Fox because they cover more than the rest....so they screwed up once, whatever...you make it out as if they are doing this constantly .....

I count four times now. And your choice of the words 'screwed up' is a misnomer. There was never any 'screw-up'. You don't accidentally splice together 3 year old footage of a big public rally with a current news report, just as you don't - in the slippery parlance of George W Bush & Tony Blair - make the 'mistake' of invading and ransacking a sovereign nation.