Options

fox news audience...your network thinks you are stupid.

Comments

• Options
    i could think of some apt adjectives for you but i would rather not post them here. care to take it to pms?

No Thanks...
    I said "act like" See that's the difference between me and you, and most people like you for that matter. I don't get off on insulting and attacking people when I dissagree with them.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i have no opinion on greta's show. she is on when i am at work or at the gym, or watching something else so i have not watched her since she had surgery and came back looking like bruce jenner.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    i have no opinion on greta's show. she is on when i am at work or at the gym, or watching something else so i have not watched her since she had surgery and came back looking like bruce jenner.

:lol::D:lol: You are right, I remember that! YIKES :D:lol::D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    no shit sherlock, i do financial advising on the side so i don't need you to explain the benefits of diversification to me. do you think that i don't know that most in the us will not be able to retire at 65? i see it every day with people i sit down with. 401ks are a ripoff, and roth iras are not the best way to go either.

a little off topic here... I know the flaws of 401ks and IRAs but I think the reason people won't be able to retire at 60 or 65 is because they started contributing too late and/or don't put enough away because of their spending habits. I started saving for retirement (401k) when I was 22 - 7 years ago - and I am on pace to have $7MM when I am 60, even with the stock market in the tank and only projecting a 3% increase in salary per year. That oughta be enough even with inflation (should be about $4MM in today's dollars).

That being said, I wish I had put that $5k in gold in 2004 instead of buying stock :o That was my life savings (I had about $1k floating me afterwards) and luckily I'm still holding on to about $3,500. If I had bought gold back then I would have... what.... about $15k - $20k??? I wanted to buy gold at the time but my friend, a financial advisor, told me it was too risky. He usually picks up the bar tab nowadays. :D
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    or don't put enough away because of their spending habits.

That is dead on right there. Even on a modest income, if done with some semblance of common sense, you can be very fruitful in nearly any economy. Unfortunately, this is a nation bathed in debt, and our society has become accustomed to living beyond it's means at every income level.
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    edited December 2009
    mb262200 wrote:
    FOXNEWS RATINGS TRIPLE MSNBC, CNN, AND ABC COMBINED! SO WHILE ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK FOXNEWS IS SO STUPID BECAUSE OF SEAN HANNITY, ABOUT 2/3 OF THE COUNTRY DOES NOT AGREE. SO WHO ARE THE OUTSIDERS? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE NOT GETTING IT? MOST OF THE COUNTRY? OR THE SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE FOX? Sorry about the caps, just looked up at the mon.peace

So, when the brainwashed outnumber the freethinkers , the truth defaults to the majority?

this is assuming you're not being sarcastic, which I hope to god you are.
    Post edited by breath123 on
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    I laugh when people say Fox is not a news chanel. What do people call real news?
    :D

anything that reports facts, void of opinion. In two words Walter Cronkite.

ever hear of Bob Woodward?, he is now and always has been a republican.

He brought down a republican president. Shocked? Does that sound fucking batshit crazy in the age of the republican infomercial that is fox news? It should.

I don't know if you were alive during watergate but here's something even crazier, brace yourself.

this, of course was in the days before "lie and deny" and "no snitching", a republican senate threw their FULL Support in ousting Nixon.

If your head has not exploded, go out and enjoy your day and happy new year
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Yeah those damn Tea parties. Nothing but abunch of racist far right wingers. :roll: :lol: With all due respect You really need to educate youself because you make your self look stupid everytime you bring up the Tea parties

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9m-OjE ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124geu01qFk

To me, the first video illustrates the insanity of the tea party (corporatist) movement.

first and foremost, she is saying that our government has been "hijacked". Was Obama not fairly elected? were the senators not fairly elected? have the issues at hand not been voted on? Sounds like democracy to me.

she says "we" a lot. Who is this "we" she speaks of exactly? most polls indicate that the majority of americans are in favor of health care and an america where your life is not over if you get sick. The "we" she speaks of certainly does not include me or anyone I know. I suspect the "we" consists of the Healthcare industry, the politicians and media douchebags they have purchased, and the people they have convinced to follow them.

I am not saying the tea party are weak minded or stupid. I just think they have gotten bad information. I believe they believe the rhetoric they regurgitate. The healthcare industry has paid A TON of money to buy that belief.

as for the second video, that guy just hurt my head.

as a side note, any tea party supporters that are white? I'll just take it that it's co-incidence that both of the videos featured african american citizens when the "opposition" is an african american.

it's those things that make you go hmmm.....
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    breath123 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:
    FOXNEWS RATINGS TRIPLE MSNBC, CNN, AND ABC COMBINED! SO WHILE ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK FOXNEWS IS SO STUPID BECAUSE OF SEAN HANNITY, ABOUT 2/3 OF THE COUNTRY DOES NOT AGREE. SO WHO ARE THE OUTSIDERS? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE NOT GETTING IT? MOST OF THE COUNTRY? OR THE SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE FOX? Sorry about the caps, just looked up at the mon.peace

So, when the brainwashed outnumber the freethinkers , the truth defaults to the majority?

Hate to be the one to break it to you but, there are freethinkers that see what is happening & watch Fox News....
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    breath123 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

Hate to be the one to break it to you but, there are freethinkers that see what is happening & watch Fox News....

perhaps, not my point but okay.
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    breath123 wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Yeah those damn Tea parties. Nothing but abunch of racist far right wingers. :roll: :lol: With all due respect You really need to educate youself because you make your self look stupid everytime you bring up the Tea parties

To me, the first video illustrates the insanity of the tea party (corporatist) movement.

first and foremost, she is saying that our government has been "hijacked". Was Obama not fairly elected? were the senators not fairly elected? have the issues at hand not been voted on? Sounds like democracy to me.

she says "we" a lot. Who is this "we" she speaks of exactly? most polls indicate that the majority of americans are in favor of health care and an america where your life is not over if you get sick. The "we" she speaks of certainly does not include me or anyone I know. I suspect the "we" consists of the Healthcare industry, the politicians and media douchebags they have purchased, and the people they have convinced to follow them.

I am not saying the tea party are weak minded or stupid. I just think they have gotten bad information. I believe they believe the rhetoric they regurgitate. The healthcare industry has paid A TON of money to buy that belief.

as a side note, any tea party supporters that are white? I'll just take it that it's co-incidence that both of the videos featured african american citizens when the "opposition" is an african american.

Yes our Govermment has be hijacked by buying votes.... the oposition are all those in the White House that sell there votes.......another thing that makes you go hmmm.... if this health care bill was such a good idea why is it so hard to get it passed? There is a poll that says 80% are happy with there own health care....if the White House was not trying to control Americans why don't they leave our health care alone and just help the ones that do not have healthcare?
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    edited December 2009
    aerial wrote:
    breath123 wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

Yes our Govermment has be hijacked by buying votes.... the oposition are all those in the White House that sell there votes.......another thing that makes you go hmmm.... if this health care bill was such a good idea why is it so hard to get it passed? There is a poll that says 80% are happy with there own health care....if the White House was not trying to control Americans why don't they leave our health care alone and just help the ones that do not have healthcare?

so negotiating and dealmaking is now called hijacking and buying votes? Funny, I thought that was called politics. Are you accusing the politicians of taking personal payoffs? got any proof?

I assume you don't consider the Healthcare industry buying republican and blue dog dem votes "buying votes"?
    I didn't think so.

btw they are trying to cover all uninsured without changing the covered. it's called a public option.

but you have your mind made up and no facts or fundamental argument is going to change it.

so keep on raging against the "machine", and sleep well knowing that you have contributed to 45,000 american deaths a year.
    Post edited by breath123 on
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    aerial wrote:
    So... you are of the opinion that these types of Congressional deal making never existed prior to January 20th, 2009? What United States Congress has been in existance in YOUR lifetime... because in Earth's United States, this type of goings on have existed since its creation in 1776.
    And Health Care Reform is a tough bill to pass because it is a huge, multi-faceted and deeply complicated problem to solve. Besides, I have heard Tea Partiers complainig about it being 'Rushed Through'. So, which is it... taking too long or being rushed through? It cannot be both.
    As for your poll... 80% of whom are happy with their Health Care insurance? 80% of people with insurance? 80% of those without insurance? 80% of employed people who get their insurance through their employer? 80% of people who are paying for their own premiums? 80% of unemployeed people who are paying for their own insurance? 80% of those 65 and older on medicare? Who?
    And finally... does the White House on your planet get to sell votes? Because here on Earth... the President doesn't get to vote on bills.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    C'mon ariel...

the silence is almost deafening!
  • Options
    breath123 wrote:
    C'mon ariel...

the silence is almost deafening!
    if you hang out on the train long enough you will realize the people lose interest when they are asked direct questions the majority of the time. i am surprised someone has not stepped up and answered if for no other reason than to defend their beloved network...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:
    So... you are of the opinion that these types of Congressional deal making never existed prior to January 20th, 2009? What United States Congress has been in existance in YOUR lifetime... because in Earth's United States, this type of goings on have existed since its creation in 1776.
    And Health Care Reform is a tough bill to pass because it is a huge, multi-faceted and deeply complicated problem to solve. Besides, I have heard Tea Partiers complainig about it being 'Rushed Through'. So, which is it... taking too long or being rushed through? It cannot be both.
    As for your poll... 80% of whom are happy with their Health Care insurance? 80% of people with insurance? 80% of those without insurance? 80% of employed people who get their insurance through their employer? 80% of people who are paying for their own premiums? 80% of unemployeed people who are paying for their own insurance? 80% of those 65 and older on medicare? Who?
    And finally... does the White House on your planet get to sell votes? Because here on Earth... the President doesn't get to vote on bills.

I don't believe that they have existed under this much severity. When states actually get exemption towards taxes or paying 3 hundred million dollars with our tax money seems a little crazy...wouldn't you think?
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    mb262200 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:

I don't believe that they have existed under this much severity. When states actually get exemption towards taxes or paying 3 hundred million dollars with our tax money seems a little crazy...wouldn't you think?

yeah, it does but i disagree about it never being this severe. how much was Haliburton's, KBR's and other companies no bid contracts worth? how much did we give them in bonuses even after they were found to have committed billing fraud and other fraud as well as feeding our troops spoiled meat and dirty water? we've bankrupted our country for wars while corporations bring in all the money, tax free money as these companies pay no taxes on it. how much was the contract for Rumsfeld's company to make the avian flu vaccine worth? fuck, look at the defense budget! that's an enormous black hole! before 9/11 they admitted trillions are simply unaccounted for over the years.

so yeah, on a certain level i think it is unfair but don't think it's the pinnacle by a long shot
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    i saw this on tv this morning...

Hume calls on Tiger Woods to be "a great example to the world" by converting to Christianity

i about fell of of my chair...lol...he is deadly serious in this clip..

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001030003

not only do they think we are stupid but they think tiger is stupid, as if he will just convert without any critical thought or any decision making process...converting religions takes a lot of time, thought, and deliberation, its not something that can be done on a whim...

• Options

Hume calls on Tiger Woods to be "a great example to the world" by converting to Christianity

not only do they think we are stupid but they think tiger is stupid, as if he will just convert without any critical thought or any decision making process...converting religions takes a lot of time, thought, and deliberation, its not something that can be done on a whim...

wow, that would be funny if he wasn't so serious! "he's previously said he was a Buddhist and i don't think that offers the kind of redemption christianity does..." how has he destroyed his relationship with his kids?

did you see when glenn beck wondered aloud if tiger woods would be the next oj simpson?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options

wow, that would be funny if he wasn't so serious! "he's previously said he was a Buddhist and i don't think that offers the kind of redemption christianity does..." how has he destroyed his relationship with his kids?

did you see when glenn beck wondered aloud if tiger woods would be the next oj simpson?

why are tossers like hume even on a "news" station? and who is he to judge another man's faith?

no i missed beck's comment on that. for some reason i am not surprised he would say such a thing.
    considering tiger never murdered two people and never broke into someone's hotel room to confront them with a gun and try to steal back his own possessions...

• Options

why are tossers like hume even on a "news" station? and who is he to judge another man's faith?

no i missed beck's comment on that. for some reason i am not surprised he would say such a thing.
    considering tiger never murdered two people and never broke into someone's hotel room to confront them with a gun and try to steal back his own possessions...

i always laugh at the thought of reptilians and then i see him....just kidding, but he does seem so robotic or alien or something! i remember when Bush was in office Brit Hume had a long interview with him and no other networks, so it makes me laugh when that side cries about Obama talking to whoever he talks to, Brian Williams or whomever it was. if i recall correctly Hume's wife worked on his campaign
    don't compete; coexist

• Options

i always laugh at the thought of reptilians and then i see him....just kidding, but he does seem so robotic or alien or something! i remember when Bush was in office Brit Hume had a long interview with him and no other networks, so it makes me laugh when that side cries about Obama talking to whoever he talks to, Brian Williams or whomever it was. if i recall correctly Hume's wife worked on his campaign
    brit hume, almost sounds like brick tamlin....they both "have an iq of 48" lol...

• Options
    i think the thread title is even more relevent now that palin is going to be a regular contributer to this network. another politician with a platform....i wonder if the network will endorse her run for the white house? but wouldn't she have to quit at fox too if she were to run??

• Options

brit hume, almost sounds like brick tamlin....they both "have an iq of 48" lol...

Keep in mind that Humes son commited suicide and he found faith in the catholic religion to get him through the most difficult time of his life. Maybe that is why he is suggesting such a thing seeing how there is no forgiveness in the budist religion.
  • Options
    i think the thread title is even more relevent now that palin is going to be a regular contributer to this network. another politician with a platform....i wonder if the network will endorse her run for the white house? but wouldn't she have to quit at fox too if she were to run??

I don't see what it really matters...she will never make it to the finals.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Keep in mind that Humes son commited suicide and he found faith in the catholic religion to get him through the most difficult time of his life. Maybe that is why he is suggesting such a thing seeing how there is no forgiveness in the budist religion.
    i don't see how tiger need's god or budda's forgiveness. to me the only ones that he needs to forgive him besides his wife and family are his sponsors, because without the sponsors his wife would take everything he has. last i heard, jesus was not writing him endorsement checks.

• Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    i don't see how tiger need's god or budda's forgiveness. to me the only ones that he needs to forgive him besides his wife and family are his sponsors, because without the sponsors his wife would take everything he has. last i heard, jesus was not writing him endorsement checks.

Actually, probably first and foremost....he needs to forgive himself.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:

soulsinging said:
    morons travel in packs becos they need the validation of someone always telling them what they want to hear rather than what's really happening in the world?

Morons cant spell "because" and they use question marks at the end of statements.

Ha-Ha. Hey Lib-tards, let's have a spelling bee! Ha-Ha.
  • Options
    he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    JB210892 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

soulsinging said:
    morons travel in packs becos they need the validation of someone always telling them what they want to hear rather than what's really happening in the world?

Morons cant spell "because" and they use question marks at the end of statements.

Ha-Ha. Hey Lib-tards, let's have a spelling bee! Ha-Ha.

this is soooooo 2007
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    FoxNews insists that viewers are uninformed. I just saw this video, and just had to share it here. Really something to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1pKlnhvg0