COD: Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    finally got first place once last night. Airport is my favorite level by far, probably because I know it pretty good
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    i think thats it. knifers are annoying, but i think that requires a decent amount of skill and stealth. as do shotguns, but they need to tweek the power on them because its a little unrealistic.
    I knife people all the time. There's nothing like turning a corner and seeing someone prone with their back to you. I like the swish sound of the knife.

haha, yeah i agree with that. sneaking up on a sniper that has no clue you are there. lately i've been headshoting them to complete some challenges. also, the semtex challenge is fun. you have to try and stick it on the enemy. sneak up on them, stick it on then, and watch them freak out.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    i finally got tactically nuked!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

going out in a blaze of glory..

"here they come to snuff the Rooster!... O Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!"

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    locked wrote:

Yay!! :clap: :thumbup:

I've played a lot, and still have never done it or seen it...
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    mca47 wrote:
    locked wrote:

Yay!! :clap: :thumbup:

I've played a lot, and still have never done it or seen it...

been nuked 3 times in about 10 hours of online playing....your not missing much

Oh I know, but I hate still being a nuke-virgin after all these hours playing! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

Oh I know, but I hate still being a nuke-virgin after all these hours playing! :lol:

Yah, to be honest it not as dramatic as the nuke episode in COD MW 1... but its a moment in gameplay to experience anyway..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • mca47 wrote:

First time I got nuked was in Estate and when it started counting down I came out of cover to watch it and some asshole shot me.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

First time I got nuked was in Estate and when it started counting down I came out of cover to watch it and some asshole shot me.

LMAO...!

are there no gentlemen left who can truly appreciate the beauty of an atomic mushroom cloud ??

:lol:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Any of you had a chance to play Battlefield Bad Company 2? I got it yesterday and have been loving it! It's a little bit of a learning curve, but will be familiar if you played the first one. In my opinion, its multiplayer is a lot more fun that COD. I like squad based strategy and COD2 became a little too "run and gun" for me. I highly suggest it if you like large scale battles and destructable environments :) gamercard- "ShoutingKaz"
    PJPOWER wrote:
    Any of you had a chance to play Battlefield Bad Company 2? I got it yesterday and have been loving it! It's a little bit of a learning curve, but will be familiar if you played the first one. In my opinion, its multiplayer is a lot more fun that COD. I like squad based strategy and COD2 became a little too "run and gun" for me. I highly suggest it if you like large scale battles and destructable environments :) gamercard- "ShoutingKaz"

I agree!

Bad Company is a great alternative..

I keep saying that the ideal would be to combine CODMW2 visuals with Battlefield's interactive "jump in anything that drives, flies or floats"... mode..

I love COD but I hate the fact that i can;t jump in a tank, jet, helicopter etc. with the exception of some scripted levels..

Hell, even "Far Cry 2" lets you shoot and "roll" into various vehicles and gliders and their graphics are on par with CODMW2..

who's with me on this?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    locked wrote:
    PJPOWER wrote:

I agree!

Bad Company is a great alternative..

I keep saying that the ideal would be to combine CODMW2 visuals with Battlefield's interactive "jump in anything that drives, flies or floats"... mode..

I love COD but I hate the fact that i can;t jump in a tank, jet, helicopter etc. with the exception of some scripted levels..

Hell, even "Far Cry 2" lets you shoot and "roll" into various vehicles and gliders and their graphics are on par with CODMW2..

who's with me on this?
    I loved Far Cry 2.
    picked up my copy of bad company 2 yesterday. LOVE IT.

played the crap out of the demo too. refreshing after playing COD non stop since november. i won't go back to COD anytime soon. that game is just too broken and full of cheaters and noobs. can't stand it sometimes.

bad company is the better game. and anyone judging the graphics from the demo... don't. that actual game graphics are spot on.

by far my favorite bad company thing to do... go around killing people with the mechanics repair tool :twisted:
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I'm really loving this game. Completely addictive - and with new maps coming 3/30 I don't see my obsession with it subsiding anytime soon...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    I'm really loving this game. Completely addictive - and with new maps coming 3/30 I don't see my obsession with it subsiding anytime soon...

play bad company 2. you will be over modern warfare in the blink of an eye :)
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    DeLukin wrote:

How's the multiplayer?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    awesome man. huge maps, driveable vehicles (heli's, tanks, ATVs, boats, jet skis, and more), destructable objects (you can actually flatten an entire house with tank or a couple of rocket launchers).

its a game more about points and winning, and not so much about k/d ratio. there are no cheap perks and killstreaks like mf2. you wont see someone camping in the corner with a heartbeat sensor on their gun.

its a more "pure game" so to speak. don't get me wrong, i do like mf2... but it has just become so broken with hackers and MODs... it got too out of hand for me.

the demo is no longer avaliable, so if you are unfair with bad company and it's game play... head over here and watch the video review to get an idea: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1072632p1.html
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Looking to add some XBox Live friends. Just started playing MW2 over the last few weeks.

My gamer tag = "I am NCBRI"
    Brian
    DeLukin wrote:

Not that it was hard to get over without another game ;)
    15 bucks for 3 new maps and some retreads? No thanks.
    Yeah, ever review I've read about the new maps all say pretty much the same thing...

Not worth $15, and the three new maps aren't that great.

That's pretty weak to put in 2 old maps... c'mon! It would be one thing if they threw them in for free, and maybe changed up some things in the level. To charge for the same exact map...lame!

I'm def. not going to get them!
  • NCBRI wrote:
    Looking to add some XBox Live friends. Just started playing MW2 over the last few weeks.

My gamer tag = "I am NCBRI"

KSI LedZep451 is my gamertag
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    FREE PSN CODES... :roll:

FREE CODES

New maps are SICK!!!!

Two old maps from the last game...the two best ones on MW...can't wait for them to come out. $15.00 for the entertainment value is dirt cheap!!! You won't find a better bargain!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    JV130312 wrote:
    FREE PSN CODES... :roll:

FREE CODES

New maps are SICK!!!!

Two old maps from the last game...the two best ones on MW...can't wait for them to come out. $15.00 for the entertainment value is dirt cheap!!! You won't find a better bargain!
    You forgot a sarcasm disclaimer.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, ever review I've read about the new maps all say pretty much the same thing...

That's pretty weak to put in 2 old maps... c'mon! It would be one thing if they threw them in for free, and maybe changed up some things in the level. To charge for the same exact map...lame!

Yes -- I had points so I got them, but they are not worth half of what they are asking.

The maps are OK at best, and to charge $15 for them is criminal... I wish I could return them! :)
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    No sarcasm on the maps...awesome!!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    drsluggo wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yes -- I had points so I got them, but they are not worth half of what they are asking.

The maps are OK at best, and to charge $15 for them is criminal... I wish I could return them! :)

Yep, that's what I've heard too.
    I'm told they $5 is much more realistic of what they are worth...
    i can't find a whole lotta activity for Bad Co 2 online..

I spend alot of time traveling to find the enemy on all these maps..

Maybe I am picking the wrong map and gameplay..

any recomendations?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    I'm soooo board with MW2...

this game is so one dimmensional..

I've gone back to playing MW1 online.. seems like a better experience and I hang around long enough to actaully enjoy the game instead of consdtantly being killed by "spawn sqautters"..

what's the buzz about Spec Ops

or even more tanatilizing...

the soon to come Medal of Honor (Modern Warfare version) !!???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Yeah, MW2 seemed to get "old" a lot faster than MW and W@W.

I'll still pop it in from time to time, but it's never for long. I'll usually play for about an hour and it'll collect dust for a month or two until the next time.
    downloaded the latest map packs and they are awesome! sparked my interest in MW2 again. barely touched it since bad company came out, but i am hooked again. just needed to take a couple months off i guess.