COD: Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    just might dude. Sucks because I haven't been able to play any FIFA Interactive World Cup games.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    booomm11 wrote:
    just might dude. Sucks because I haven't been able to play any FIFA Interactive World Cup games.
    Any error messages when you try to sign in or something of that nature?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    booomm11 wrote:
    I haven't been on in maybe two months! lost the internet connection to my PS3, and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Are you hooked up with a wired or wireless connection?

Is there a error message?

First thing I'd do is unplug both your modem and router for a couple mins. and see if you are getting the same problem.
    I have a wireless connection

the message reads: A connection to the network could not be established. Go to [Settings]>[Network Settings] and check your settings.

Followed these directions, but I had no luck. time to call Playstation or Verizon?
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    booomm11 wrote:
    I haven't been on in maybe two months! lost the internet connection to my PS3, and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

stop stealing internet from the public library. :D
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    booomm11 wrote:

the message reads: A connection to the network could not be established. Go to [Settings]>[Network Settings] and check your settings.

Followed these directions, but I had no luck. time to call Playstation or Verizon?

call up sony and see if they can walk you thru it....I had a similar problem with hooking up my xbox live and Microsoft walked me right thru it. Its worth a shot.
    Mcam55 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

call up sony and see if they can walk you thru it....I had a similar problem with hooking up my xbox live and Microsoft walked me right thru it. Its worth a shot.
    Before doing that I would go to Settings>Network Settings and see if you can't run the setup again. To do this, of course, you'd need your wireless security settings handy...

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/977
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Ok, so here are all the psn user id's I could find.

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

If there are any others out there, post up. I'd like to get a group together and smash each other. My wife asked why I was writing down a bunch of weird names, and I responded; "So I can shoot 'em."

Put me on there... my psn is mini_roofer_S
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    my psn id is oppie1 if anyone wants to play
    Mcam55 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

Yeah, if you can't figure it out, call Sony.
    I know a guy who was having issues with his wireless router (and not especially tech savvy), he called Sony and they walked him through it.
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

If there are any others out there, post up. I'd like to get a group together and smash each other. My wife asked why I was writing down a bunch of weird names, and I responded; "So I can shoot 'em."

what's everyone on....ps3 or xbox??
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Gvn2fly wrote:

what's everyone on....ps3 or xbox??

those are PSN's on that list. So yea PS3
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    I'm on the list, but send me an invite "mca47"

Gotta say, I've been sucking ass lately. Man, I don't know what my problem is. For a long time I was kicking ass then "boom", terrible!

Ugh!
    Frustrating!
  • i have it for ps3 if you guys wanna add me and get a game going with people from the boards im in. My psn name is Soujiro
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

Count me in....psn is: gven2fly
    mca47 wrote:

Gotta say, I've been sucking ass lately. Man, I don't know what my problem is. For a long time I was kicking ass then "boom", terrible!

Ugh!
    Frustrating!
    hehe, that's how it is for me to, and not even day to day but afternoon to evening ;)

Put stopping power back on with an assault rifle and a red dot sight and feel good about yourself again...

Oh, and don't play Derail.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

uninnocent belongs on this list.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Ugh!
    Frustrating!
    hehe, that's how it is for me to, and not even day to day but afternoon to evening ;)

Put stopping power back on with an assault rifle and a red dot sight and feel good about yourself again...

I think you mean Wasteland...
    ;) Hahaha, what a piece of crap map!

Yeah, I've been getting especially annoyed at knifers. Putting half a clip into someones chest as they charge at you, then all of sudden they defy time and physics and knife you and you die. :evil: Ugh...probably the most annoying thing in the game.
    It's one thing to increase the speed of a knife, but allowing someone an instant kill just because they are within a 10 foot radius of someone else is really dumb.

I remember in the last two Call of Duty's where if you knifed someone, it was kind of a big deal. I mean, you managed to sneak up behind someone, got close to them without them knowing and knifed 'em. That wasn't easy. Now it's like 20% of deaths are by knife. Dumb.

Maybe I just need to play more S&D...
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    mca47 wrote:

Whoa, WHOA!
    Well maybe it is, but after you discover the joy of thermal sight sniper rifles and FMJ/ Heartbeat sensor assault rifles, all your troubles disappear :)

Just got Fall Camo on my ACR today, giving me the one last challenge that I needed to have all the ACR challenges :geek:
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
    Thanks to the friendly support team at Verizon, I am now back in the Playstation Network. :D
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    edited January 2010
    My wife asked why I was writing down a bunch of weird names, and I responded; "So I can shoot 'em."

Ok, so here are all the psn user id's I could find. (edit: Added five more to the list)

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44
    mini_roofer_S
    oppie1
    soujiro
    gven2fly
    uninnocent
    Post edited by drtyfrnk29 on
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Yeah, I've been getting especially annoyed at knifers. Putting half a clip into someones chest as they charge at you, then all of sudden they defy time and physics and knife you and you die. :evil: Ugh...probably the most annoying thing in the game.
    It's one thing to increase the speed of a knife, but allowing someone an instant kill just because they are within a 10 foot radius of someone else is really dumb.

I remember in the last two Call of Duty's where if you knifed someone, it was kind of a big deal. I mean, you managed to sneak up behind someone, got close to them without them knowing and knifed 'em. That wasn't easy. Now it's like 20% of deaths are by knife. Dumb.

Maybe I just need to play more S&D...
    No, I mean Derail. Wasteland is fine, don't need a sniper rifle. Just don't go in the bunker (unless someone gets air gunner support against you...).

As far as the knifers go, they're also using the care package sprint speed increase - equip your care package and you run faster. Combine that with lightweight and marathon and the fuckheads are zipping all over the map knifing people.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i love this game. but time to vent some frustration:

1. the spawns in this game are absolute bullshit. i can't tell you the number of times i've been spawn killed. you have an ENTIRE map to place me after i die, and you choose right in the middle of a cluster fuck of enemies. patch needed for this one.

2. assholes that use launchers on hardcore TD. you realize that if you breath on someone in hardcore, you kill them, right? your gun works fine, get better at using it you coward. i wish there was a game mode that you can play in which launchers were not allowed. i can deal with claymores, but launching rockets and grenades from one side of the map to the other is a lame ass thing to do. i can deal with launchers in regular game modes, i use a thumper as my 2nd weapon alot, but no reason to use that shit in hardcore.

3. shotguns. wayyyyyyy too powerful. thought they came out with a patch to correct this a couple of weeks ago, but lately i am getting picked off with a shotgun from an unrealistic distance.

i think thats it. knifers are annoying, but i think that requires a decent amount of skill and stealth. as do shotguns, but they need to tweek the power on them because its a little unrealistic.
  • i love this game. but time to vent some frustration:

1. the spawns in this game are absolute bullshit. i can't tell you the number of times i've been spawn killed. you have an ENTIRE map to place me after i die, and you choose right in the middle of a cluster fuck of enemies. patch needed for this one.

2. assholes that use launchers on hardcore TD. you realize that if you breath on someone in hardcore, you kill them, right? your gun works fine, get better at using it you coward. i wish there was a game mode that you can play in which launchers were not allowed. i can deal with claymores, but launching rockets and grenades from one side of the map to the other is a lame ass thing to do. i can deal with launchers in regular game modes, i use a thumper as my 2nd weapon alot, but no reason to use that shit in hardcore.

3. shotguns. wayyyyyyy too powerful. thought they came out with a patch to correct this a couple of weeks ago, but lately i am getting picked off with a shotgun from an unrealistic distance.

i think thats it. knifers are annoying, but i think that requires a decent amount of skill and stealth. as do shotguns, but they need to tweek the power on them because its a little unrealistic.

You left out the Tactical Insertion boosters also. They need to take those out of Free For All.
    NERDS!
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    just got it the other day...it's awesome.

what's a tactical insertion booster? and people can knife you from 10 feet away, is that why they get me so much?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

what's a tactical insertion booster? and people can knife you from 10 feet away, is that why they get me so much?

as you level up, there is a perk you can unlock called 'commando' which increases your melee distance. i honestly have never experimented with it, but yeah, people will use this perk, along with marathon and light weight and just run the map from end to end sticking people.

if you equip tactical insertion you respawn in the same spot for two deaths (i think two). your insertion point is visible with a green flair (red if you are viewing it from the enemy perspective). so basically you can just camp next to that red flair and wait for that person to die and respawn in that spot and just pick him off when he appears easily.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292

as you level up, there is a perk you can unlock called 'commando' which increases your melee distance. i honestly have never experimented with it, but yeah, people will use this perk, along with marathon and light weight and just run the map from end to end sticking people.

if you equip tactical insertion you respawn in the same spot for two deaths (i think two). your insertion point is visible with a green flair (red if you are viewing it from the enemy perspective). so basically you can just camp next to that red flair and wait for that person to die and respawn in that spot and just pick him off when he appears easily.

gotcha...thanks. people actually do this stuff, huh? dorks! I wish you can set up what to play with, like only handguns or something like that, put everybody on a fair playing field
    I wish you can set up what to play with, like only handguns or something like that, put everybody on a fair playing field

Yeah, the only way you can really do that is if you are playing with a group of friends. Won't happen otherwise.
  • i think thats it. knifers are annoying, but i think that requires a decent amount of skill and stealth. as do shotguns, but they need to tweek the power on them because its a little unrealistic.
    I knife people all the time. There's nothing like turning a corner and seeing someone prone with their back to you. I like the swish sound of the knife.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I knife people all the time. There's nothing like turning a corner and seeing someone prone with their back to you. I like the swish sound of the knife.

Yeah, well it's one thing to knife someone who suddenly appears right in front of you but it's another to knife someone who's standing on the other side of the room.