COD: Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mca47 wrote:
    I think it would be fun if would could arrange an all PJ-message board private-party "deathmatch".

i like it! what's the ratio of 360 vs ps3 around here? seems like more people have ps3.

did you notice team deathmatch express yet? your normal team deathmatch, just less time in between matches. it think it's like 15 seconds instead of the 45 seconds you normally have to wait.
  • Sweet. I actually lasted more than 15 seconds between getting killed last night and managed to cap a few nerds in the process; moving up four levels, to level 4 :)

Don't like all the chatter from the guys fooling themselves into thinking they are a Navy SEaL on the headsets. Is there any way to not have to hear "Holla!!" or "Get at me." on a loop for 9 minutes?
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    mca47 wrote:
    I think it would be fun if would could arrange an all PJ-message board private-party "deathmatch".

i like it! what's the ratio of 360 vs ps3 around here? seems like more people have ps3.

did you notice team deathmatch express yet? your normal team deathmatch, just less time in between matches. it think it's like 15 seconds instead of the 45 seconds you normally have to wait.

I'm pretty sure there are more 360 players here.

Anyways, let's get this thing going.

Again...

PSN: mca47

Send me an invite.
    Then get shot in the head! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:

I see your score roll across the bottom of my screen.

You're higher than me :mrgreen:

I think I'm level 39 right now. I put in a good session yesterday 8-)
    NERDS!
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    One of the greatest games ever!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    Had a good series of games yesterday.

Finally!!!

I've been sucking it up lately!

What are your favorite maps?

Part of why I like these is because I think they are good maps, and another reason is because I do pretty good on them :D
    Favorites:
    Rust
    Derail

Least Favorite:
    Wasteland (what a half-assed attempt at a map!)
    Favala (I always get destroyed in this shit map)
  • I get killed at all of them but the one I've like the best has been the skyscraper using Headquarters Pro. That's the only one I seem to do any good at.

mca47 wrote:
    Had a good series of games yesterday.

Finally!!!

I've been sucking it up lately!

What are your favorite maps?

Part of why I like these is because I think they are good maps, and another reason is because I do pretty good on them :D
    Favorites:
    Rust
    Derail

Least Favorite:
    Wasteland (what a half-assed attempt at a map!)
    Favala (I always get destroyed in this shit map)

i haven't been able to play a lot latey. moved in with the girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. needless to say, game time has been severely reduced.

i like derail and the sub base map. both look very cool in the snow. also like terminal.

hate wasteland (everyone just bunches up in the underground bunker. waste of a map when everyone just uses one little area). favala is tough... so many places to hide and go. almost too many options. i usually try and stick to the roofs on this one.

skidrow is growing on me. hated it at first.
  • It's a great game but i dont think the maps are anywhere near as good as the 1st one.

That Javelin glitch is a REAL pain, can't wait til they patch that up :evil:
  • think ive played the online bit twice, i was killed 14 times and didnt kill anybody in the first (great fun..hmmmmmmmm) second game i was killed 12 times and managed to kill 2 people, i am absolutely the worst player in the world on this, my dog even just had a go online and did better, she only got killed 13 times on her first go!

if anybody wants to see the absolute shittiest player ever in action my tag is VEDDER GOD, enjoy the massacre! :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    This is the first game I have tried playing online. And as frustrating as it can be getting killed left and right at first it gets better as you progress. I think I'm up to level 14 and I'm always thrown into matches with people ranked 50+!! But this game is addicting! My friends are going to ruin their marriages playing this game!!

Curious.... Did any of you have issues with the PS3 network yesterday (Sunday)? I kept getting signed out automatically and was starting matches late. My wi-fi signal is strong and secure, so no one is draining my signal.

Got thrown into an extreme death match with 18 people yesterday in the Rust map. It was an extreme clusterbomb!! As soon as you rejuvenated there were people waiting to kill you, plus there was no cap on the score, pure timed session. It was crazy as hell but fun. Some people were complaining about their kill/death ratio, but that doesn't mean crap to me since mine sucks to begin with! ;)
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Forgot about Terminal and Sub-base
    Those are good maps too.

For those that are struggling at first, it happens to most people.
    I got the game on the second day and at level 1 people were already at level 30+. They play longer than you and if they are a higher level, they've got better guns.

When you start to rank up, you'll get better.

What's everyone's long kill streak?
    Anyone get the nuke yet?

I think mine is 18.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Anyone get the nuke yet?
    Ah man, that was funny. I think my highest is like four, dude.

What frustrates me the most is unloading a magazine on a guy 100 ft away just to have them turn around, fire one shot, and drop me.

don't be intimidated by people's level. doesn't mean they are good, just means they have more time on their hands.

my highest kill streak is 19. got it twice. once when i had the nuke killstreak unlocked, but some fucker came up behind me and knifed me. bastard. but ive been in a few matches that ended with a nuke. seeing that timer run down is a helpless feeling!
  • drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Anyone get the nuke yet?

What frustrates me the most is unloading a magazine on a guy 100 ft away just to have them turn around, fire one shot, and drop me.

likewise x 14
    then x 12 the next time i tried :evil:
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • likewise x 14
    Don't worry, dude. I'll add your psn onto my list and that way I'll know there's someone out there strugglin' just as bad as I am :lol::lol:

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    likewise x 14
    Don't worry, dude. I'll add your psn onto my list and that way I'll know there's someone out there strugglin' just as bad as I am :lol::lol:

And I'll have to play you both to get some sweet-ass points! ;):D

I played a game earlier...ugh!

Rarely do I actually play well, but I have a great streak of kicking ass and winning.
    Team deathmatch.

We lost.
    I went 24-5.
    The rest of my 6 man team had a total of 4 kills.

From there, everything went to shit! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:

Rarely do I actually play well, but I have a great streak of kicking ass and winning.
    Team deathmatch.

We lost.
    I went 24-5.

Just as long as you're not one of those obnoxious DBs that use a headset and talk shit like you're really killing people

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Team deathmatch.

We lost.
    I went 24-5.

Just as long as you're not one of those obnoxious DBs that use a headset and talk shit like you're really killing people

Hahaha, no I'm certainly not.

I hate those f'n 12 year old punks that do that!
    I get to the point where I want to throw my controller against the wall and you have some pre-puberty punk talking shit....ugh!
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    To get rid of listening to them during a game thru the TV use a headset but don't wear it. Although I use one since most of my friends don't talk too much trash, although it sucked when I was killed when I was killed by being shot in the foot and it was the final kill and it was replayed for all to see! :oops:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • mca47 wrote:
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Team deathmatch.

We lost.
    I went 24-5.

Hahaha, no I'm certainly not.

I am the mother of one of those "obnoxious DB's" you allege talk shit to you except he knows the difference between what's real and not and apparently how to really piss off 'mature' adults, LOL!

I hate those f'n 12 year old punks that do that!
    I get to the point where I want to throw my controller against the wall and you have some pre-puberty punk talking shit....ugh!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

To get rid of listening to them during a game thru the TV use a headset but don't wear it. Although I use one since most of my friends don't talk too much trash, although it sucked when I was killed when I was killed by being shot in the foot and it was the final kill and it was replayed for all to see! :oops:

you can mute individual players. during a match, just press select, scroll down to the person you wanna mute and press A (for xbox).

once in a while, you get a room that has some people that are actually pretty funny. but that is a rare occassion... mostly noobs.
  • I got it on PC it's rock my steam Id is Eddie Vedder :mrgreen:

you can mute individual players. during a match, just press select, scroll down to the person you wanna mute and press A (for xbox).

once in a while, you get a room that has some people that are actually pretty funny. but that is a rare occassion... mostly noobs.

Yep, it's "x" on PS3.
    The mute feature is something I use a LOT
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Anyone get the nuke yet?

I felt the same way, started playing Team Hardcore Deathmatch. Generally 1 shot kills (maybe 2). You don't get constant UAV and you have to get used to moving slowly, staying away from the open, and checking your corners, but I think it's a lot more fun than Team Deathmatch once you get used to it. Less young kids singing in the lobby too....ugh.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    I've been playing this game WAY too much!!! I'm hoping that the launcher glitches get fixed before they ruin this game... Just hit level 68 :shock: It's amazing how much you can accomplish when your wife leaves town for a couple days, lol. I think I have a couple of you added to my friend's list and if anyone else wants to feel the wrath of my riot shield, my gamertag is "ShoutingKaz"
    PJPOWER wrote:
    I've been playing this game WAY too much!!! I'm hoping that the launcher glitches get fixed before they ruin this game... Just hit level 68 :shock: It's amazing how much you can accomplish when your wife leaves town for a couple days, lol. I think I have a couple of you added to my friend's list and if anyone else wants to feel the wrath of my riot shield, my gamertag is "ShoutingKaz"

I know a lot of people don't like the riot shield, but I think it's pretty fun.
    Walking up to someone as the unload a clip on you and wackin' them over the head with it is great! You can tell some people are probably thinking "Oh crap, what do I do?" :lol:

I also like playing against people with them. A little semtex usually does the trick.
    Yesterday I had two guys coming at me in Terminal. Tossed a stun grenade, turned around a corner...it blew up and I just walked behind both guys and knifed 'em. :lol:
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    If I don't want to hear people talk, I'll plug in my headset and turn it on mute and the volume down, so I don't have to individually mute people. You can hear the game but not deal with BS

PS3 ID

Steamed_Hams
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    If I don't want to hear people talk, I'll plug in my headset and turn it on mute and the volume down, so I don't have to individually mute people. You can hear the game but not deal with BS

PS3 ID

Steamed_Hams

Yeah, but I hate wasting the battery in my bluetooth. I find that there's only usually 3-4 people with mics anyways, so muting them takes a total of 2 seconds.

The only time I ever really use my mic is if I have good friends on or am in a private party.
    how's everyone doing?

any nukes yet?