COD: Modern Warfare 2

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Who's got it?
How is it?

I don't have it quite yet...
My TV died a few days ago. Still waiting on my replacement part...once I get it, it's GAME ON!

Another good opportunity to post your PS3 or XBOX names so we can play with or against some PJ fans on here.

Me?

PS3:
Board Name: mca47
PSN: mca47
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    I haven't played it yet but my buddy got it last night and said that its beastly!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • It's pretty bad ass.

It's just like the 1st one with better maps, way more perks and custom set ups to it.

I haven't checked out the single player yet.
    NERDS!
  • The story line is great in this one. I don't want to ruin it but it makes some connections to the last modern warfare. A few twists and turns are in the story mode as well.

Have yet to play online yet.

PS3 name:
    joeott24
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Gonna pick it up this Friday- payday!!

the first one was one of my favorite games of all-time....I can't wait to play the sequel!
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    I will be getting it in the mail sometime tomorrow, add me if you want, but make sure to specify your PJ fandom, I get spam sometimes!

XBox Live: FieldCommanderJ (I know, it's awful, but I was twelve)
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    loopjd wrote:

XBox Live: FieldCommanderJ (I know, it's awful, but I was twelve)

No worries. I've have mca47 since I was 11-12 too. Stick with what works!!! :D
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i preordered mine from gamestop,i will be picking it up today on my way home from work. i am pumped!
    loved the first modern warfare, and this is guaranteed to be 100x more beast. the reviews have been dazzling, and my friends that got it yesterday haven't put it down.

xboxlive ID: Klockwork0range (the O in orange is a zero).

feel free to add me if you feel like getting shot up.
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Waiting for my prestige edition to arrive at my house. I'm sure I'll tire easily of the NVG, but it was too tempting not to get them!

PS3 name: serf
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • i preordered mine from gamestop,i will be picking it up today on my way home from work. i am pumped!
    loved the first modern warfare, and this is guaranteed to be 100x more beast. the reviews have been dazzling, and my friends that got it yesterday haven't put it down.

accept an add from BigFuzzyBeaver.

Plus you play FIFA which is crucial as well. :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    i preordered mine from gamestop,i will be picking it up today on my way home from work. i am pumped!

lol, love the gamertag.

and yeah, expect some FIFA challenges!
  • i preordered mine from gamestop,i will be picking it up today on my way home from work. i am pumped!

lol, love the gamertag.

I'm surprised they have banned this one yet.

The made me change my previous tags of Doggystyl3 and The P1nk Taco already. :lol::lol::lol:
    NERDS!
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    i'll have it by the weekend.

psn: booomm11
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Ill be on all day , Add me on xbox Veddercam10
  • I have never played it, but I am getting curious. I was thinking about getting the last COD to start, but my main questions is: I dont have online play, so is it worth getting just for the single player game?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I have never played it, but I am getting curious. I was thinking about getting the last COD to start, but my main questions is: I dont have online play, so is it worth getting just for the single player game?

negative. these games are really designed for online play.

the mwf1's single player mode was fun, but not terribly long. i hear mwf2's is even shorter. all of the reviews i read for mwf2 has strong warnings for non-online players. this game would be a great starting spot for you to get an xbox live account. $50 for the entire year. well worth it.

if not, i would say they are both rentals (unless you can get a used copy of mwf1 for like $20-$30).
  • I have never played it, but I am getting curious. I was thinking about getting the last COD to start, but my main questions is: I dont have online play, so is it worth getting just for the single player game?

negative. these games are really designed for online play.

the mwf1's single player mode was fun, but not terribly long. i hear mwf2's is even shorter. all of the reviews i read for mwf2 has strong warnings for non-online players. this game would be a great starting spot for you to get an xbox live account. $50 for the entire year. well worth it.

if not, i would say they are both rentals (unless you can get a used copy of mwf1 for like $20-$30).

thanks! I'm glad I asked.. I dont have internet at home at all. Only here at work.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I haven't played the new one yet, but the previous two (Modern Warfare and World at War) had really short single player game modes.

Both were good (MW better), just really short!

It's def. a multiplayer game!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    There is a mode called Spec Ops that allows for split-screen play with a friend for those of you without a solid internet connection (friends still required though :lol: ).
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i have 3 games and have only played one. once i beat bioshock, ill take a crack at uncharted 2 and valkyria chronicles.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    mca47 wrote:
    Who's got it?
    How is it?

I don't have it quite yet...
    My TV died a few days ago. Still waiting on my replacement part...once I get it, it's GAME ON!

Another good opportunity to post your PS3 or XBOX names so we can play with or against some PJ fans on here.

Me?

PS3:
    Board Name: mca47
    PSN: mca47

haha dude i was like alright i'll get this guy's info...and then i realized i already had your name!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    PJSerf wrote:
    Waiting for my prestige edition to arrive at my house. I'm sure I'll tire easily of the NVG, but it was too tempting not to get them!

hahaha oh no you didn't get the night vision goggles...

i'm still waiting on my copy. add me ps3: rhcpjam1029.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Gonna pck it up tonight.

Can't believe I have waited nearly 3 days for it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    I got it this afternoon!

Fun!
  • pixcking it up this weekend.. add me xbl- churchie814
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    spoiler perhaps

won't get mine until a couple of days, but I was wondering if anyone has got to the airport level/scene yet?

I know there has been some controversy on it, and I was just wondering what all the hype was about. Apparently it had to do with an airport and some innocent civilians. I didn't want to read anymore because I didn't want to read about anything that would spoil the game for me. That said, I am curious if any of you have gotten to this part of the game, and if so how was it?
    spoiler perhaps

won't get mine until a couple of days, but I was wondering if anyone has got to the airport level/scene yet?

I know there has been some controversy on it, and I was just wondering what all the hype was about. Apparently it had to do with an airport and some innocent civilians. I didn't want to read anymore because I didn't want to read about anything that would spoil the game for me. That said, I am curious if any of you have gotten to this part of the game, and if so how was it?

It's not far into the game.
    I won't get into specifics, but I will say that people have made a big deal out of absolutely NOTHING!
    No worse than Grand Theft Auto.
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    PJSerf wrote:

hahaha oh no you didn't get the night vision goggles...

i'm still waiting on my copy. add me ps3: rhcpjam1029.

Yea, my girlfriend ordered it for me (its the thought that counts, right?). Some of my buddies got the NVG too, so I'm sure some drunken fun will be had with them.

I actually think we both added each other for MW1 a few years ago. :D
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

lol, love the gamertag.

I'm surprised they have banned this one yet.

The made me change my previous tags of Doggystyl3 and The P1nk Taco already. :lol::lol::lol:
    I can file a complaint if you want ;)
  • Jason P wrote:
    There is a mode called Spec Ops that allows for split-screen play with a friend for those of you without a solid internet connection (friends still required though :lol: ).

Actually, only one or two of the special ops missions require co-op. The rest can all be played single player and is actually longer than the campaign, so there is still plenty of game to be had if you're not online.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    best part of being an adult is no one can tell you you can't buy this!

can't wait!

and thanks for the gamer tags..

"locked44"
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford