COD: Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    My son got it Tuesday and thinks it's great although was extremely unhappy when the server when down last night and noone could get on.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I played for a couple hour last night.

I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing online! hahahaha! Got lit up pretty good!
    I think I'm at level 5 or 6 right now. I was amazed to see people at level 50 already! :shock: Seriously? Get a f'n job!!! :lol:

Fun game though. It's going to be more enjoyable when I get a better feeling of the maps and guns.
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    Xbox GT:McThud Loving it so far. Single player is pretty intense and I'm starting to get the hang of MP again. It's different from MW1, but still good.
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    mca47 wrote:

I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing online! hahahaha! Got lit up pretty good!
    I think I'm at level 5 or 6 right now. I was amazed to see people at level 50 already! :shock: Seriously? Get a f'n job!!! :lol:

Fun game though. It's going to be more enjoyable when I get a better feeling of the maps and guns.

I know, seriously! One of my friends was EXTREMELY devoted to the first one and got the game at midnight. On the bar along the bottom of the screen, where it shows you some basic stats and some of your friends' stats, I saw that he was, no joke, within the top 1,300 in the world! I mean, I know it's the first few days, but there are over a million people playing already, and when i looked at my rank I was somewhere in the high 2 millions!
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
    loopjd wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I know, seriously! One of my friends was EXTREMELY devoted to the first one and got the game at midnight. On the bar along the bottom of the screen, where it shows you some basic stats and some of your friends' stats, I saw that he was, no joke, within the top 1,300 in the world! I mean, I know it's the first few days, but there are over a million people playing already, and when i looked at my rank I was somewhere in the high 2 millions!

Damn!!

I'm in last place among all of my "friends"! LOL! :lol: I suck!
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I ALWAYS get my ass handed to me online in these games, but I still think they're fun as hell to play it against others. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

On a side note: I actually do enjoy single player campaign on most of these games and I was thinking about something. I beat the story mode on the last few COD games as well as the Gears of War series and was amazed at how well written the story lines were. I actually was interested in most of the characters in both games and the story kept me intrigued throughout the whole game.

Do you think some of these video games actually have better story lines compared to some of this shit movies/scripts that Hollywood delivers these days?
    I ALWAYS get my ass handed to me online in these games, but I still think they're fun as hell to play it against others. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

On a side note: I actually do enjoy single player campaign on most of these games and I was thinking about something. I beat the story mode on the last few COD games as well as the Gears of War series and was amazed at how well written the story lines were. I actually was interested in most of the characters in both games and the story kept me intrigued throughout the whole game.

Do you think some of these video games actually have better story lines compared to some of this shit movies/scripts that Hollywood delivers these days?

Some. Check out the Uncharted series. Those two are just as good as Hollywood! Amazing story, and incredibly realistic.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    This game is SICK!!!!!! Love it...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    please tell me about the weapons..

any upgrades from COD modern warfare 1?

what vehicles can you ride in or drive ? (if any?)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    locked wrote:
    please tell me about the weapons..

any upgrades from COD modern warfare 1?

what vehicles can you ride in or drive ? (if any?)
    Tons o' guns.
    http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/weapons/
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    been playing online for 2 solid nights now and this game def. lives up to the hype.

love the maps, they are much much bigger than mwf1. better weapons and kill streak options. pretty crazy, they are already advertising a new map pack "coming soon."
    been playing online for 2 solid nights now and this game def. lives up to the hype.

love the maps, they are much much bigger than mwf1. better weapons and kill streak options. pretty crazy, they are already advertising a new map pack "coming soon."

Yeah, I'm liking the new maps too. It seems like most provide a player to do what they like (ex. run and gun, snipe, etc) where the previous ones were pretty limited in that regard.

Map pack already? Damn!
    While I like the idea of map packs and keeping the game fresh, it really seems more and more videogame companies are just doing this to make even more $ off of people. Yeah, I know we don't HAVE to buy them...but I'm just saying...
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Is it on PC yet?
    Just saw this video.

Why can't this shit happen to me?!?!

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

Wow!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Is anyone else finding online harder on this one.

I'm by far a good player, but I'm not the worst. On world at war I had a ratio of .93, on this one i'm struggling around .56.

There are just some really good players out there, and some of the maps just don't shoot my style of hustle and bustle. I'm getting shit canned.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    mca47 wrote:
    Just saw this video.

Why can't this shit happen to me?!?!

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

Wow!
    haha, the cursing after that one was probably noteworthy in itself
    pjfan31 wrote:

I'm by far a good player, but I'm not the worst. On world at war I had a ratio of .93, on this one i'm struggling around .56.

There are just some really good players out there, and some of the maps just don't shoot my style of hustle and bustle. I'm getting shit canned.

I'm still sucking pretty bad.
    In MW and World at War I had some pretty decent numbers. So far I think I"m sitting around a 0.85 or so K/D ratio.
    I'm still getting used to the maps, but it often seems that I'm always one step behind. Like If an enemy and I come around the same corner at the same time the majority of the time he'll kill me even though I get shots off.

I dunno.

I'll keep workin at it.
    I'm only level 11 or 12 now so there is lot of practice to get to the same level as those a-holes who are owning me! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

I'm still sucking pretty bad.
    In MW and World at War I had some pretty decent numbers. So far I think I"m sitting around a 0.85 or so K/D ratio.
    I'm still getting used to the maps, but it often seems that I'm always one step behind. Like If an enemy and I come around the same corner at the same time the majority of the time he'll kill me even though I get shots off.

I dunno.

I'll keep workin at it.
    I'm only level 11 or 12 now so there is lot of practice to get to the same level as those a-holes who are owning me! :lol:
    The important thing is to ignore stats and not get pissed off ;)
    I had an almost 2:1 kd ratio in COD4, and ended up paying too much attention to stats and used to get pissed all the time lol
    Rygar wrote:
    The important thing is to ignore stats and not get pissed off ;)
    I had an almost 2:1 kd ratio in COD4, and ended up paying too much attention to stats and used to get pissed all the time lol

Yeah, stats and rank don't usually do much for me. I guess now I'm focusing on them just because I'm getting my ass kicked every round! :lol:
    Wow, just played some seriously awesome games this morning, got to level 25! I got the "Bling" perk which is AWESOME. I have a heartbeat sensor AND a holographic sight for my Scar, and I think the two attachments will become three with Bling Pro, meaning utter domination. Muahahaha!
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
    pjfan31 wrote:

for some reason, i am having an easier time online this time around. mwf1 i had a k/d of .95, and in mwf2 i currently have a 1.40 (about 1300 kills in). i feel more comfortable playing this game than i did with mwf1. the controls are much smoother and i am having an easy time killing people long distance.

that or i am just taking advantage of newbies and once the game settles in, i will get owned.
  • I bought it this week and have to say that really does kick ass. I'm a Novice player, let me rephrase that, a NOVICE player and am having an asshandfull of this game. Haven't ventured online yet, trying to get my skills up before I attempt at playing around those psychos that wait for sheep like me to stroll in.

psn: jogo2623
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Is there that martyrdom on this one, haven't seen it yet. I miss it, guaranteed easy kills.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Is there that martyrdom on this one, haven't seen it yet. I miss it, guaranteed easy kills.

it will unlock as you level up. but it can no longer be one of your main perks. instead it is now a death streak option.

glad they kinda eliminated it from the game. rarely used it in cod4... easy way to get kills, but i didnt feel good about it. kinda cheap.
    pjfan31 wrote:

it will unlock as you level up. but it can no longer be one of your main perks. instead it is now a death streak option.

glad they kinda eliminated it from the game. rarely used it in cod4... easy way to get kills, but i didnt feel good about it. kinda cheap.

Yeah, it was a weak perk IMO. Everyone used it JUST to get cheap kills.

Glad they fixed it!
    My K/D is slowly creeping up. I'm at .93 or so now. :lol:

That's mostly due to my 23-2 game I had earlier.

Brought in the Harrier and it took out 8 guys alone. :D

I think it would be fun if would could arrange an all PJ-message board private-party "deathmatch".
  • mca47 wrote:
    I think it would be fun if would could arrange an all PJ-message board private-party "deathmatch".
    I'd be up for it. If anything I could serve as target practice.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I'd be up for it. If anything I could serve as target practice.

Me too! Prepare to get schooled! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • Lol my brother is obsessed with this game he just sits in his room n plays it for hours and hours
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009