COD: Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    how's everyone doing?

any nukes yet?

I think I'm around lvl 44 or so.

No nuke yet (never had one used on me either).

My highest killstreak is 18.

I know there are a couple of people on the boards who have some impressive numbers (PSN) that I'll never be able to reach! :lol:
  • how's everyone doing?

any nukes yet?

Nope, I just prestiged so I need to build back up to the Nuke, then I'll make a concerted effort to try to get one.

Think I'm level 17 1st prestige right now.
    NERDS!
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Someone used one on my team once. I was in a tube of a plane so I missed seeing what it did.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Someone used one on my team once. I was in a tube of a plane so I missed seeing what it did.
    I've been nuked about 5 or 6 times and have been on the winning nuke side about the same.
    NERDS!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    how's everyone doing?

any nukes yet?

Nope, I just prestiged so I need to build back up to the Nuke, then I'll make a concerted effort to try to get one.

dude, i still have to play you in FIFA one of these nights!

one night when we are both on, and my g/f isnt bugging me for the TV (just moved in together) i will send you a message.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    finished all vet spec ops couple weeks ago.... F Snatch & Grab!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Anyone else choosing not to go prestige and working on headshots/camo for weapons? I've got the fall on the SCAR and am pushing 350 headshots with that gun...Personally I could care less about the titles, I just want the bad ass guns :)
    PJPOWER wrote:
    Anyone else choosing not to go prestige and working on headshots/camo for weapons? I've got the fall on the SCAR and am pushing 350 headshots with that gun...Personally I could care less about the titles, I just want the bad ass guns :)

I'm not sure if I'll prestige or not.

Usually by the time I get that high I often get bored with the game.

Being at 45 (or so), I have a long-ass way to go.

When do you suppose the first map pack will come out? I always get them but I hate myself for doing it.
    I click "download" then think "Oh man, it sure would have been nice for them to just include them in the release of the game". At $9.99 each and you have to expect probably 3 map packs in the life of the game, that starts to add up.
    Game: $65
    Map pack: $9.99 x 3

$100 for a game??
    Game developers sure know how to suck us dry! :lol:
  • how's everyone doing?

any nukes yet?

dude, i still have to play you in FIFA one of these nights!

one night when we are both on, and my g/f isnt bugging me for the TV (just moved in together) i will send you a message.
    Most definitely.

Just picked up FIFA10 for $39 bucks a few weeks ago.
    NERDS!
    Got 2 nukes in one day last Thursday :) They were the first ones I've been able pull off. I was sniping in ground war with the 50 cal. both times using Predator missle, AC130, and Tactical Nuke as my killstreaks...
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    ordered from best buy.com last night, should be arriving in a week or so, can't wait to play this (and get destroyed by the people who play all day)
    PJPOWER wrote:
    Got 2 nukes in one day last Thursday :) They were the first ones I've been able pull off. I was sniping in ground war with the 50 cal. both times using Predator missle, AC130, and Tactical Nuke as my killstreaks...

Yeah, every time I seem to get a good killstreak going it's always on a map like 'Terminal' where the AC130 or Chopper Gunner really don't do as much damage as everyone is inside. Never seem to get a good one going on a map like Wasteland. haha!
    mca47 wrote:
    PJPOWER wrote:

Yeah, every time I seem to get a good killstreak going it's always on a map like 'Terminal' where the AC130 or Chopper Gunner really don't do as much damage as everyone is inside. Never seem to get a good one going on a map like Wasteland. haha!

Yeah, I got mine on Wasteland and Skidrow :)
    i just prestiged, trying to get everything back one by one! i need to get cold blooded / ninja ASAP so i can start playing hardcore TD again.

still no nuke for me. i usually get my good killstreaks on indoorish maps, so yeah, the AC130 and chopper gunner become useless, and i get killed around my 15th kill.

running out of ammo deep into a killstreak is another problem. i should start to experiment with the scavenger perk.
    i just prestiged, trying to get everything back one by one! i need to get cold blooded / ninja ASAP so i can start playing hardcore TD again.

still no nuke for me. i usually get my good killstreaks on indoorish maps, so yeah, the AC130 and chopper gunner become useless, and i get killed around my 15th kill.

running out of ammo deep into a killstreak is another problem. i should start to experiment with the scavenger perk.

Yeah, you pretty much need scavenger in order to have much of a chance past 13 or so.

I use it quite a bit. It's great on headquarters because you basically get unlimited grenades. :D
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    can someone point me to a COD MW2 group I might be able to join..

I'm tired of the random join mode..

LONG TIME Pjammmer here..!

much appreciated..

my user name is

locked44

Scotty from Boston
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    locked wrote:
    can someone point me to a COD MW2 group I might be able to join..

I'm tired of the random join mode..

LONG TIME Pjammmer here..!

much appreciated..

my user name is

locked44

Scotty from Boston

Do you play on xbox? me and my buddies play all the time, usually everynight around 8pm. All PJ fans...you can join our games.
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    edited January 2010
    Ok, so here are all the psn user id's I could find. (edit: Added three more to the list)

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44
    mini_roofer_S
    oppie1
    soujiro

If there are any others out there, post up. I'd like to get a group together and smash each other. My wife asked why I was writing down a bunch of weird names, and I responded; "So I can shoot 'em."
    Post edited by drtyfrnk29 on
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Ok, so here are all the psn user id's I could find.

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

If there are any others out there, post up. I'd like to get a group together and smash each other. My wife asked why I was writing down a bunch of weird names, and I responded; "So I can shoot 'em."

:lol:
    I'll be on a little later.

I figure some beers and shooting fellow 10-clubbers sounds like fun! :D
  • my roommates play all the time, i play occasionally. cant say im very good, i shoot for a positive spread, so needless to say nukes arent even a consideration. the name my house uses is Bucks420 (and no, were not complete stoners, 420 is my roommates birthday).
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • i just prestiged, trying to get everything back one by one! i need to get cold blooded / ninja ASAP so i can start playing hardcore TD again.

I use Scavenger quite a bit.

UMP - Silenced
    Stuns
    Claymores
    Shotgun
    Scavenger
    Stopping Power
    Ninja

That's a fun one to roll with.
    NERDS!
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    This one's awesome for defending objectives, it's gonna seem weird, but here goes:

M21 EBR w/ heartbeat sensor +ACOG
    C4 or Claymores
    flashes or smoke

Bling
    Danger Close
    Scrambler or Ninja

Defend that stuff!!!

Aaaaand whatever for a secondary, I usually go TMP w/ silencer and a red dot because I suck w/ shotguns, but anything you want should be good.
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

UMP - Silenced
    Stuns
    Claymores
    Shotgun
    Scavenger
    Stopping Power
    Ninja

Anything with stopping power is fun ;)
  • Rygar wrote:

UMP - Silenced
    Stuns
    Claymores
    Shotgun
    Scavenger
    Stopping Power
    Ninja

Anything with stopping power is fun ;)

I am quite partial to Lightweight as well :)
    NERDS!
    my bread and butter:

RPD w/ grip & FMJ
    Thumper
    Flash / Semtex or C4 (if i am playing domination)

Bling
    Stopping Power Pro
    Ninja Pro

i switch my killstreaks up alot. usually i will have the predator missle / chopper gunner / nuke. but the pave low really does damage so sometimes ill sub the chopper gunner with that. the care packages are good, but they do not contribute to your killstreak #'s.

what i would like to see, is that for every class you create you can create different killstreak awards. when im playing hardcore, ill usually switch it up and pick killstreaks that require less kills. would be nice to just have that stuff saved rather than switching back and forth everytime.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Ok, so here are all the psn user id's I could find.

joeott24
    jogo2623
    mca47
    serf
    booomm11
    rhcpjam1029
    VEDDER GOD
    Steamed_Hams
    locked44

I'm honored!

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:

I'm honored!

;)
    I looked you up, joker, and it said it couldn't find your user name. Are you on 360 or ps3?
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I haven't been on in maybe two months! lost the internet connection to my PS3, and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    I haven't been on in maybe two months! lost the internet connection to my PS3, and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

throw it out the window and get yourself a 360 :)