Philly Nite 3 "The best nite of my life!"

12346»

Comments

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I have to reiterate what I said above... this thread was not a call for attention, it was a "thank you" after what happened in Philly and then Australia. These events are recent and the thread moved on from that, into other OT discussions between friends, hence the thread being bumped up. I think there are many of us that understand and appreciate the post-PJ euphoria and desire to keep that feeling going, to suggest that Joni is merely doing this out of a desire for attention is ridiculous because I believe many of us are guilty of it. This thread then took a nasty bent, one that was completely unwarranted.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • jmcjcjmcjc Posts: 90
    where are the boots for the spectrum shows????

sacramento , 10/30/00
    - bridge schools-
    san francisco, 7/15/06
    (berkley #1 - 4/7/08)- Ed tour
    universal city, 2009
    (oakland #1- 7/11/11) -Ed tour
  • funny....all this bullshit comes out AFTER she gets some love from the band? this accident was over a year ago and yet these bitches want to come on here NOW and talk shit?

gee.....kinda looks like jealousy and envy to me.

some fucking people just have no class or compassion...it's just "what about me" & "me, me, me"...i find it all very sickening. :sick::sick::sick:
    Ugh....why don't people READ??!
    I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously have NO idea.....for a start, the accident wasn't over a year ago....it was only months ago - July '09.....and it's only all coming out now ("AFTER she gets some love from the band? " ) because a lot of very shocking and hurtful things have come to the surface only recently so "all this bullshit" has only just been found out and it doesn't just involve the people in the car. Anywhere else that people have tried to defend etc; they are immediately 'gagged'.....
    you obviously haven't read the last couple of pages, because all of this was explained.

and I will say it AGAIN!!!!! Everyone is happy about what the band did for Joni!!!!! Not one person has said otherwise.

"some fucking people just have no class or compassion...it's just "what about me" & "me, me, me"...i find it all very sickening. :sick::sick::sick:" - can't agree with you more.

Don't get me wrong......what happened to Joni and the others was terrible, to say the least :)

and as for what Ed did in Philly and Sydney for Joni was truly gorgeous :)
    If you read what has been said in the last couple of pages.....THAT is NOT what we have been talking about.
  • ENOUGH!!!!!!

This is FUCKING CRAZY!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Joni was hurt. We know that. She met the band. That is really awesome!! HOWEVER:

Stop leaving shit out and twisting it around to make you look like a fucking saint...NO-ONE is perfect, and certainly NOT you...otherwise you'd have more than a handful of decent "friends" on Facebook, instead of 1,700 "friends" who know sweet FA about you, other than the fact you got a few broken ribs from a car accident.

THERE ARE THREE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THAT ACCIDENT. ONE of those persons STAYED BEHIND to look after you. The group went BACK to the island you were at because they didnt want to leave you alone.

You went OUT DRINKING while you were still in Hawaii...you were NOT in hospital for three weeks!!!!

AND IF YOU WORE A FUCKING SEATBELT, you wouldnt have landed your ass in hospital!!!!! Funny that isnt it??? Out of four people you were the only one admitted...yet the only one stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt.

Stop slagging off others who are obviously more mature than you, and have MORE in their lives than to go around blocking people that even MENTION the other peoples names...they are choosing to heal privately and without making a huge song and dance about this fucking drama...all the people I know are thoroughly SICK TO DEATH of your fucking Aloha and Mahalo bullshit...yes youre happy and you love Hawaii, but FFS, show some fucking respect to the others!

And go on, block me on Facebook and block me on here...just because you cant see me doesnt mean your ungrateful and bitchy attitude hasnt fucked your "karma". I know I'll get banned too, which I can take, it's happened twice before.

To all those reading this, I hope you sit back and think long and hard about what you've been reading, and try to remember that there are two sides to every story. Things are being made PUBLIC, and twisted to make certain people seem bad, when they are probably now the true "victims" in this whole fiasco.

Look I don't know who you are or what crawled up your crack, except the fact that Joni got to meet the members of the band and was given some attention. I knew and have been friends with Joni since before she ever met any of the band and corresponded with her via email because I didn't have a facebook account at the time. I also know several of her other Australian friends who were with her there this tour, one who was kind enough to sell my son and I tickets back during the 2008 summer tour in the US, so I think I have a pretty good idea of her character as well as the people she NOW hangs out with. Whatever your issue, it would have been much better served if you handled it privately and person to person rather than writing it for the world to see. Not everyone knows the whole story as you seem to allege, only those that Joni has privately chosen to share with. Neither does she consider herself a saint by any stretch of the imagination, she has just decided to move on from the experience and grow. The rest of you lot seem to be the ones stuck in neutral and going nowhere. Thankfully no one was crippled or worse yet killed by this unfortunate event so why all the bitching and whining because she is getting some attention? Would it be ok if she was wheeled up in a wheelchair as a quadriplegic or worse yet it was a memorial in her honor? I'm really unsure just what you people want or expect from her or the band or the people here for that matter to do for you. You all you had the same opportunity as she to attend the Philly shows and I'm certain she would have shared the moment with you as she did with many of us after Friday night. Weeks later you drop these pissy notes about how she was drinking in Hawaii - hell if I broke a couple ribs and was in Hawaii, I'd be drinking too, LOL. Your point about seat belts is taken, but did you call the police and report the accident because if this was the case the driver would have been cited - at least that is the case in most of the fifty states for reckless driving or speeding in unsafe conditions besides citing for non seat belt compliance, so much for that point, she made a mistake. You say she is "slagging" off someone, but I have no idea who you mean by this and as far as healing goes, if you were not injured, then what is there to "heal" from???? This leads me to conclude that you perhaps are the person responsible for the accident itself or are intimate with them and if you were the least bit of a remotely responsible individual, would realize you need to man up and pay for your mistake. Instead you are attempting to weasel your way out of it by attacking her character instead of your shortcomings as a responsible person. You may correct me if I am entirely wrong but it sure appears to be the case and a tad of jealousy is coming through between the lines. FYI, I highly doubt that your little diatribe here is going to do much to advance your case or cause, probably just the opposite. Just be thankful it wasn't worse and maybe be happy for someone who was I would think was once your friend a really great time with us in Philly and then at home in Australia and New Zealand. It's really much easier on the mind and heart to wish well to others than to attempt to come up with ways to crap on their parade. Mahalo. Oh by the way, my name is Joni too!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    touringfan wrote:
    This is a Pearl Jam message board. Nobody cares about your personal squabbles. Grow up and move on (not directed at OP).

They dont call this place SYNDERGARTEN for no reason.

i'm pretty sure no one calls it that

thanks though
  • ENOUGH!!!!!!

This is FUCKING CRAZY!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Joni was hurt. We know that. She met the band. That is really awesome!! HOWEVER:

Stop leaving shit out and twisting it around to make you look like a fucking saint...NO-ONE is perfect, and certainly NOT you...otherwise you'd have more than a handful of decent "friends" on Facebook, instead of 1,700 "friends" who know sweet FA about you, other than the fact you got a few broken ribs from a car accident.

THERE ARE THREE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THAT ACCIDENT. ONE of those persons STAYED BEHIND to look after you. The group went BACK to the island you were at because they didnt want to leave you alone.

You went OUT DRINKING while you were still in Hawaii...you were NOT in hospital for three weeks!!!!

AND IF YOU WORE A FUCKING SEATBELT, you wouldnt have landed your ass in hospital!!!!! Funny that isnt it??? Out of four people you were the only one admitted...yet the only one stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt.

Stop slagging off others who are obviously more mature than you, and have MORE in their lives than to go around blocking people that even MENTION the other peoples names...they are choosing to heal privately and without making a huge song and dance about this fucking drama...all the people I know are thoroughly SICK TO DEATH of your fucking Aloha and Mahalo bullshit...yes youre happy and you love Hawaii, but FFS, show some fucking respect to the others!

And go on, block me on Facebook and block me on here...just because you cant see me doesnt mean your ungrateful and bitchy attitude hasnt fucked your "karma". I know I'll get banned too, which I can take, it's happened twice before.

To all those reading this, I hope you sit back and think long and hard about what you've been reading, and try to remember that there are two sides to every story. Things are being made PUBLIC, and twisted to make certain people seem bad, when they are probably now the true "victims" in this whole fiasco.

Look I don't know who you are or what crawled up your crack, except the fact that Joni got to meet the members of the band and was given some attention. I knew and have been friends with Joni since before she ever met any of the band and corresponded with her via email because I didn't have a facebook account at the time. I also know several of her other Australian friends who were with her there this tour, one who was kind enough to sell my son and I tickets back during the 2008 summer tour in the US, so I think I have a pretty good idea of her character as well as the people she NOW hangs out with. Whatever your issue, it would have been much better served if you handled it privately and person to person rather than writing it for the world to see. Not everyone knows the whole story as you seem to allege, only those that Joni has privately chosen to share with. Neither does she consider herself a saint by any stretch of the imagination, she has just decided to move on from the experience and grow. The rest of you lot seem to be the ones stuck in neutral and going nowhere. Thankfully no one was crippled or worse yet killed by this unfortunate event so why all the bitching and whining because she is getting some attention? Would it be ok if she was wheeled up in a wheelchair as a quadriplegic or worse yet it was a memorial in her honor? I'm really unsure just what you people want or expect from her or the band or the people here for that matter to do for you. You all you had the same opportunity as she to attend the Philly shows and I'm certain she would have shared the moment with you as she did with many of us after Friday night. Weeks later you drop these pissy notes about how she was drinking in Hawaii - hell if I broke a couple ribs and was in Hawaii, I'd be drinking too, LOL. Your point about seat belts is taken, but did you call the police and report the accident because if this was the case the driver would have been cited - at least that is the case in most of the fifty states for reckless driving or speeding in unsafe conditions besides citing for non seat belt compliance, so much for that point, she made a mistake. You say she is "slagging" off someone, but I have no idea who you mean by this and as far as healing goes, if you were not injured, then what is there to "heal" from???? This leads me to conclude that you perhaps are the person responsible for the accident itself or are intimate with them and if you were the least bit of a remotely responsible individual, would realize you need to man up and pay for your mistake. Instead you are attempting to weasel your way out of it by attacking her character instead of your shortcomings as a responsible person. You may correct me if I am entirely wrong but it sure appears to be the case and a tad of jealousy is coming through between the lines. FYI, I highly doubt that your little diatribe here is going to do much to advance your case or cause, probably just the opposite. Just be thankful it wasn't worse and maybe be happy for someone who was I would think was once your friend a really great time with us in Philly and then at home in Australia and New Zealand. It's really much easier on the mind and heart to wish well to others than to attempt to come up with ways to crap on their parade. Mahalo. Oh by the way, my name is Joni too!
    You are entirely wrong. What has been brought up here tonight has nothing to do with what has happened at recent concerts....as has been said in so many posts (getting a little tired of having to say that!)
    As fellow PJ fans, we are all really happy for Jonis 2 amazing nights :) as we would be for any fan. I for one am definitely NOT jealous as I have no desire to meet any of the band and would run a mile if I was ever called up onto the stage LOL! I thought Joni handled it all beautifully and seemed very calm and humbled by the whole experience (although I imagine she was totally freaking on the inside :lol: )
    The issues that have been brought up here, I realise, have nothing to do with the topic, but were only brought up because of the "MY accident"........which when brought up wasn't meant as an attack at all....but was wrongly treated as such....opening a whole can of worms. I can only say that what has been said here tonight is only the tip of the iceberg as to what has been going on and I will not be the one to publically air those details, as it doesn't involve me personally....only people I love and have done for years. We are only recently being told of the nasty things that have been said behind peoples backs and they all started in Hawaii! :(
    Anyone who saw the PM I posted ealier, from Joni, would have been very shocked at how different she can be to when she is posting publically - it was extremely immature and NASTY! This is the side none of you cop, so understandably have no idea.

On that note......I had managed to keep out of all of this and am kind of disappointed I posted tonight.....but I could only sit silent for so long. I have said what I felt I needed to say and will leave it at that. I just hope Joni realises the damage talking about people behind their backs can do - it all comes out in the end.
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,013
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. This personal argument should not be on the forums....please take it elsewhere.

Posting Guidelines
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

11. Gossip, not ok. Please don't do it.

13. If you have a disagreement with someone, (and it happens occasionally) please take it to Private Message to resolve it. Arguments are removed or locked...it poisons the atmosphere. Try thinking of the bbs as if you were at a show. If the people next to you are fighting, it interferes with your enjoyment of the show.

Thank you,
    Admin
This discussion has been closed.