Philly Nite 3 "The best nite of my life!"

Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I'm barely ever on the Pit but thought it appropriate to start :)

I just wanted to hop on and thank Pearl Jam for the most incredible night of my life thus far. Friday 30th October was amazing. After 18 years of loving the band and only ever listening to them (and being ridiculed for not listening to other bands)...I guess the loyalty karma came back to bite me on the bum.

To have Ed talk about me...to give him a very big aloha kiss and cuddle was the ultimate! And to sit side stage, to view the setlist which included many of my favourite tracks from my favourite album Ten...and my second fave song of all time "Just Breath" to be dedicated to me....what can I say?

I just appreciate everything that has come my way since the accident. My life has been full of many downs and very few ups but post the accident it's just been an incredible ride and I'm hanging on to the good karma, the aloha spirit and all the Jamily love and respect thown my way.

If anyone has any photo's of this special moment or footage I would love to receive it via email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jonijames@hotmail.com">jonijames@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Pearl Jam are the greatest band in the world and they truely have the most amazing community of fans behind them.

To Ed...Mahalo nui loa....E pili mau na pomaika`i ia `oe...A hui kaua...Me ka aloha.

And Sean....thank you for my "make a wish" xx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    edited November 2009
    Hey there! I'm still on a high so I can't even imagine how you must be feeling! It was just a phenomenal show all round. Was awesome to meet you, so glad you're well. It was such an amazing week, so many great people and the best shows EVER! Your photos are amazing, thank you for sharing them and I can't wait to see you back this way again (it's always nice to meet up with fellow Aussies) xo

Pearl Jam are the greatest band and I too have loved them for 18 years. Thank you to all of them and everyone involved in keeping the PJ machine going... I'm more thankful than I can say. What a gift to be able to see them play... I'm filled with awe every time.
    Post edited by Tone on
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Lots of love Joni, it was great to meet you last week. :)
    Glad you've returned home safely!!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • it was a beautiful thing to see, watching you walk down those stairs :-) Even more importantly, I'm so glad you're well!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    glad your U.S trip went so well after what happened in hawaii. nice to see you get the shout out and getting to met them all. judging by the photos you had a great time, and scored a lot of nice stuff. if you want me to hang onto one of those Ed guitar pics for you i'd give it a good home ;). man it would have be special to also be in NYC during the world series win and parade, along with all the good shit that happened in philly as well. you had one amazing fucking trip.

hope to met you in brisbane soon. you are doing brisbane right???
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Joni-Lee wrote:

I just wanted to hop on and thank Pearl Jam for the most incredible night of my life thus far. Friday 30th October was amazing. After 18 years of loving the band and only ever listening to them (and being ridiculed for not listening to other bands)...I guess the loyalty karma came back to bite me on the bum.

To have Ed talk about me...to give him a very big aloha kiss and cuddle was the ultimate! And to sit side stage, to view the setlist which included many of my favourite tracks from my favourite album Ten...and my second fave song of all time "Just Breath" to be dedicated to me....what can I say?

I just appreciate everything that has come my way since the accident. My life has been full of many downs and very few ups but post the accident it's just been an incredible ride and I'm hanging on to the good karma, the aloha spirit and all the Jamily love and respect thown my way.

If anyone has any photo's of this special moment or footage I would love to receive it via email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jonijames@hotmail.com">jonijames@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Pearl Jam are the greatest band in the world and they truely have the most amazing community of fans behind them.

To Ed...Mahalo nui loa....E pili mau na pomaika`i ia `oe...A hui kaua...Me ka aloha.

Very happy for you and wish you well. Eddie is such a caring man. I hope to someday be as caring as him, so amazing how he really cares about his fans! Love PJ an their fans so much!
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Much aloha again to you all. I think I basically met everyone in Philly allbeit a small handful I missed. But I will one day soon and slap you with some aloha lovin.

I'm now doing the entire Aussie and NZ tour. When they announved the shows I was recoving in Hawaii and could only purhcase tix for my home show in Melbourne. Now as the months have passed and even up until today I've been able to book and given the opportunity to attend all the shows except Adelaide. All thanks to the Jamily (cohersion and all - although it's not hard).

As a very good friend once quoted
    "Be nice, think nice and stay nice! Then your karma will be nice. What you put out is what you will get back."
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    glad your U.S trip went so well after what happened in hawaii. nice to see you get the shout out and getting to met them all. judging by the photos you had a great time, and scored a lot of nice stuff. if you want me to hang onto one of those Ed guitar pics for you i'd give it a good home ;). man it would have be special to also be in NYC during the world series win and parade, along with all the good shit that happened in philly as well. you had one amazing fucking trip.

hope to met you in brisbane soon. you are doing brisbane right???

She's doing all shows except Adelaide apparently. I want to meet Joni too. She's a celebrity now. ;):)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• It was so nice to meet you and hang out with you in Philadelphia Joni! :D It was great to see Ed mention you and dedicate "Just Breathe" to you. Pearl Jam are truly great guys who love and care for their fans. It was a great memory for all of us who were at the concert.

And Joni you are a wonderful and kind person...may much more good karma go your way!

xoxo
    Stephanie :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    Congrats. A special moment indeed. Glad you got to experience it...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    That's awesome, I'm so happy for you. That must be an unbelievable experience. You are truly a legend. Have a great time in Australia and New Zealand.
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
    That's awesome that you're doing all the Aust/NZ shows... you know an Adelaide ticket will show up... happy travels :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Good to hear from you. I was in a section behind the stage on Mike's side and kept glancing down at you hoping you were having the time of your life. I'm glad you had such a beautiful night! Sounds like you deserve it! Stay well.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    That was a cool moment, Joni. You were in my section to start, and that was cool looking around and seeing your face and the joy/emotion. Haha you were also on the big TV screens.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    That is just awesome! I remember reading about the accident on the boards, so it was great of the band to do that for you! Enjoy the Aussie shows!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Yuuuuss I'm hearing some rumour about the big tv screen showing my emotion. That's a bit rough isn't it? I'm just waiting for it to be placed on YouTube! I know how teary I was and can only imagine how I looked. Ehh it was no episode of Days of our Lives :)

haha seriously I had no chance of controlling my emotions as soon as I hear the word Hawaii. And that's all I heard until I saw the footage the next nite. I had the wobbliest left leg on stage I had to ask for a chair :) I'm a big sook...a good cryer :cry::cry:
  • I was so happy for you...what was the best show i ever saw! and it became your night with PJ...they are the coolest dudes in rock n roll...and we are the best fans on the planet!

It was nice to finally meet you even if it was briefly...and now that you are doing the Adelaide show...maybe you will grab me the poster? it's on my birthday!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: :geek: 8-)

take care and see you on FB!

Erik from Boston~
  • Definitely the coolest moment of the Philly shows!! I was so happy for you and it was great to see a band really in tune with its fan base :)

Enjoy the shows at home :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Erikkkk Adelaide is the only show I am NOT doing. Don't try that cohersion game with me now!

If you want a poster....I can organise it. I have friends too :)
  • Dont have to say a lot about the whole story....already so many people talk about u...
    just one last thing..the first time we spoke on the phone u hardly could speak,u smile in pain,trying to find your pieces,u was lost.....but still ,u was trying....
    i just admire u..
    Thank God......u are still ALIVE
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    Erikkkk Adelaide is the only show I am NOT doing. Don't try that cohersion game with me now!

If you want a poster....I can organise it. I have friends too :)

:lol::lol: it might be easier if i just wait for the 10c sale. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I was very lucky. I have no recollection of the accident and the pain has been wiped from my memory. Someone told me that my angels or whomever is looking out for me didn't think I deserved the pain or the memories of the accident therefore I have no recollection. I like the analogy.

Ironic that my favourite song of all time is and will always be "Alive"....now with "Just Breathe" closely followed behind :)
    Dont have to say a lot about the whole story....already so many people talk about u...
    just one last thing..the first time we spoke on the phone u hardly could speak,u smile in pain,trying to find your pieces,u was lost.....but still ,u was trying....
    i just admire u..
    Thank God......u are still ALIVE
    Dimitris
  • Joni-Lee wrote:

It was a touching moment for all of us PJ fans! I was in the section next to Mike...with Lisa, Charlene, Selin, Zack...we kept screaming your name. :D

I think we all had tears in our eyes after we saw your tears. What a great band, what great fans, and it was great to be there that night. It was a special show to begin with, and add your moment...OVER THE TOP!
    Mahalo xxx

Now I did hear I was on the big screen...hmmm please tell me what was shown? Was it only the part where I had to walk down the stairs (twice) and was hysterically bawling my eyes out? Clearly that would have been the best footage to capture to embarrass me most :) I wanna see it...
  • Hey Joni! Ryan here...one of your 10,000 FB friends! I have been living vicariously through you since the solo shows in Honolulu where I heard of your story and hung out with the rest of your friends who were in the car in Maui.

I just want to say that I admire your energy, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and kind spirit. I have yet to meet you but your pictures, FB posts, and friends paint a pretty good picture. Someday I suppose!

I am eagerly awaiting the boots and probably, like others, will go straight to "your track" first. I think your experience sums up why so many of us are so deeply passionate about the band. I'm glad you are well and hope you have a killer time at the rest of the shows.
  • deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    I was on McCready's side about 19 rows up and it was great to see the excitement on your face on your night. I have told that story to everyone I know. What other band would take the time or be so caring to their fans.

It such a small world because at the fundraiser before the show I was talking to one of your friends from CA. And then that night Eddie is talking about you.

Take care
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
    Awww it's so nice to get these messages.

I'm glad you both made it to the beautiful Hawaiian Islands and also for Ed's gigs.

I pride myself on smiling and being happy and hope it rubs off. It's was an amazing thing the band (Ed) did for me (again) and something that will certainly stay etched in my mind and heart forever. My passion/respect/love for the band increased ten fold after 30 October.

Can't wait to see them again tomorrow in my home country.

The best band in my world most definitely has the best fans in the whole world.

Aloha nui loa
    Honey, if you were on the screens, I didn't see it (that's not to say it didn't happen, I just didn't see anything... I was over on Stone's side) ;)
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    Witnessing what Ed did and said was very cool, but because I knew you, it made it even more amazing to see. I was so happy for you!!

It is nice to know that there is still a band out there that cares about its fan base.
    Pearl Jam have consistently cared for their fans. That's why we love them :D
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I thought meeting me was? ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
This discussion has been closed.