Philly Nite 3 "The best nite of my life!"

Comments

• Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Laura I would have thought you'd have verbal diarrhoea but you were very quite around me...or avoiding me!

If the rumour has it and you're in NZ...you won't get away this time!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    This girl totally deserved this!!

Joni kicks ass! :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Evergreen wrote:

It was a touching moment for all of us PJ fans! I was in the section next to Mike...with Lisa, Charlene, Selin, Zack...we kept screaming your name. :D

I think we all had tears in our eyes after we saw your tears. What a great band, what great fans, and it was great to be there that night. It was a special show to begin with, and add your moment...OVER THE TOP!

Everything she said! :clap::clap::clap:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    All I can say is I made a new bestest friend. I had a part of me that had been missing and Joni has filled it! :idea: We had so much fun rocking out together and then going to NYC. I haven't gone to bed so many nights after 4:00 am since college!

Night 3 was just turning out to be the best night ever, and then when I thought it couldn't get any better Eddie V called her up! My heart just got so full of love and appercaition for the band and Joni's fighting, light hearted, loving sprit. My husband and I where looking around frantically for her. It seemed to take for ever for her to make it down to the stage but there she was! At that moment I just felt pure happiness!

I knew how very much this ment to her. I felt a very pure sense of joy and fulfillment seeing her experance this moment! This is what made night 3 the very best for me. There are not many things in life that give you pure unselfish joy. Music has the power to heal souls and bring us together.

That is what Pearl Jam has done for us in some personal way. So Aloha Joni, carry on with your adventures, These next two weeks are going to be life changing! Thanks for friendship, generosity and helping me have the funnist 11 days of my life! We are lifers!

I miss you already, I miss you always!
    Aaaaawwwww KATHLEEN stop it already!! Tears...tears and heart palpitations....

I took the trip out to Philly for one reason only. That reason being this thread http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102461&hilit=Joni

Whilst recovering in Maui after the accident for a few weeks these messages of support lifted my spirits every moment of the day. To be alone in a foreign country and not knowing a solitary sole was scary to say the least and knowing my mother was sitting home alone all the way back in Tasmania scared to death that she almost lost me was heartbreaking. This is the only thing that hurt me out of this accident.

The support and love received from all over the world from people on the same level of me in terms of passion for Pearl Jam meant I could take their message with sincerity.

I knew heading to Philly that almost 90% of these people would be making their way to Philly over the course of the 4 gigs and I’m pretty damn sure I met the majority of them. To give each one of them some aloha love back (kisses and cuddles) meant the world to me. The bonus being my favourite band in the entire world for 18 years were playing 4 nites…..life just can’t get any better.

I met a lot of people on my two week adventure. Many who will remain good friends and many who will now be counted on both hands….the ones I love.

I simply can’t communicate what music does for me. I can’t put into words how incredible Pearl Jam has been for me in my life and how much respect and admiration I have for Ed. But I know I don’t have to explain it to anyone on this board. I just know I’m very fortunate to understand and appreciate it all.

Kathleen, you’re now family xo

A hui kaua.. Mahalo nui loa
    (Until we meet again…Thank you very much)
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    Joni-Lee wrote:

I took the trip out to Philly for one reason only. That reason being this thread http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102461&hilit=Joni

Whilst recovering in Maui after the accident for a few weeks these messages of support lifted my spirits every moment of the day. To be alone in a foreign country and not knowing a solitary sole was scary to say the least and knowing my mother was sitting home alone all the way back in Tasmania scared to death that she almost lost me was heartbreaking. This is the only thing that hurt me out of this accident.

The support and love received from all over the world from people on the same level of me in terms of passion for Pearl Jam meant I could take their message with sincerity.

I knew heading to Philly that almost 90% of these people would be making their way to Philly over the course of the 4 gigs and I’m pretty damn sure I met the majority of them. To give each one of them some aloha love back (kisses and cuddles) meant the world to me. The bonus being my favourite band in the entire world for 18 years were playing 4 nites…..life just can’t get any better.

I met a lot of people on my two week adventure. Many who will remain good friends and many who will now be counted on both hands….the ones I love.

I simply can’t communicate what music does for me. I can’t put into words how incredible Pearl Jam has been for me in my life and how much respect and admiration I have for Ed. But I know I don’t have to explain it to anyone on this board. I just know I’m very fortunate to understand and appreciate it all.

Sniff, Sniff...and you are my sista from another motha! xxx

• Black-12 wrote:
    All I can say is I made a new bestest friend. I had a part of me that had been missing and Joni has filled it! :idea: We had so much fun rocking out together and then going to NYC. I haven't gone to bed so many nights after 4:00 am since college!

Night 3 was just turning out to be the best night ever, and then when I thought it couldn't get any better Eddie V called her up! My heart just got so full of love and appercaition for the band and Joni's fighting, light hearted, loving sprit. My husband and I where looking around frantically for her. It seemed to take for ever for her to make it down to the stage but there she was! At that moment I just felt pure happiness!

I knew how very much this ment to her. I felt a very pure sense of joy and fulfillment seeing her experance this moment! This is what made night 3 the very best for me. There are not many things in life that give you pure unselfish joy. Music has the power to heal souls and bring us together.

That is what Pearl Jam has done for us in some personal way. So Aloha Joni, carry on with your adventures, These next two weeks are going to be life changing! Thanks for friendship, generosity and helping me have the funnist 11 days of my life! We are lifers!

I miss you already, I miss you always!
    so many beautiful people in mind and heart..amazing...!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Joni-Lee wrote:

:D great woman..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • It was a very special moment for all of us since we knew who he was talking about.

BUT.....none of you got a "Dirty-Joni" in the back-seat of a car in Philly like I did!!!

Congrats Joni.....YOU FUCKING ROCK!!!!!

Dirty Tom
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Both Joni-Lee & Kathleen ROCK! Can't wait to see you girls again! Till next year... :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    strippers joni. strippers. much love, and wish i could've stayed. have fun back home with the boys in oz. 8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • strippers joni. strippers. much love, and wish i could've stayed. have fun back home with the boys in oz. 8-)
    :lol::lol: ,,where is Zack??
  • Both Joni-Lee & Kathleen ROCK! Can't wait to see you girls again! Till next year... :D
    thank to Erik i know who u are Vedder_Girl77...ahammmm :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    My girlfreind and I helped you over the wall at the bottom of the steps. we both thought it was such an awesome moment. we had not heard about you until then.

We were in the first row there and I saw you coming down the steps and I knew there was no openening in the wall and I was wondering how you were going to get onto the floor. I was thinking we would all make room for you to get through the row to where the openning was. But then I saw that look in your eye and just knew you were going to jump the wall, so we all helped you over it. It all happened so fast.

So glad you are doing well!
  • Joni I'm soo happy I got the chance to meet you and hang with you in Philly. We'll always have Philly CheeseSteaks and G2 tailgating!! lol
    I was soo excited when Ed started into your story. I got goosebumps cause I KNEW he was talking about you. Before he said your name I was screaming it and cheering. People around me were looking at me like I was a nut job lol. If they only knew hehe.
    I saw you on the big screen briefly...it showed you excited, but very moved by the gesture. Yes I saw tears in your eyes (accompanied by the biggest smile), but you did not look to be blubbering or a suck in any way. You looked like ANYONE who has been through hell and back and is now meeting their idol would look.
    Nobody deserved everything you got that night more than you did! I'm soo happy I was at the show to share that moment with you...even if we were 2-3 sections away from each other (I was in 201). Sharing in your afterglow a little bit after the show was awesome too.

I know you said you've had more downs in your life than ups...my life has been like that too, but one thing I've learned is that the pendulum of life will swing in the other direction eventually (from down side to up side that is). If you don't have the down side, you cannot fully appreciate when the good side comes around.

I hope the pendulum stays in this side for a long time to come and that you have an AMAZING time in OZ!!

I hope to hang with you again at another show my friend :)

Mel
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    I was helped over the wall? I can't remember that. I hope I jumped over in a lady like manner :)

Which trip down the steps did you get me? I had to go back up and come down a second time because they needed my ID :)

rick1zoo2 wrote:
    My girlfreind and I helped you over the wall at the bottom of the steps. we both thought it was such an awesome moment. we had not heard about you until then.

We were in the first row there and I saw you coming down the steps and I knew there was no openening in the wall and I was wondering how you were going to get onto the floor. I was thinking we would all make room for you to get through the row to where the openning was. But then I saw that look in your eye and just knew you were going to jump the wall, so we all helped you over it. It all happened so fast.

Aloha Mel

What a beautiful message...you are very sweet :)

I agree...the low times in life certainly add character, teach us to appreciate and also prepare us for any battles ahead. Life's never meant to be easy but if you hold onto the hope and be a good person I believe good karma will return the love. I'm just overwhelmed one of my bigger dream/goals has come true. Never sway on what you want. Go for it!

Much love xxxx

Joni I'm soo happy I got the chance to meet you and hang with you in Philly. We'll always have Philly CheeseSteaks and G2 tailgating!! lol
    I was soo excited when Ed started into your story. I got goosebumps cause I KNEW he was talking about you. Before he said your name I was screaming it and cheering. People around me were looking at me like I was a nut job lol. If they only knew hehe.
    I saw you on the big screen briefly...it showed you excited, but very moved by the gesture. Yes I saw tears in your eyes (accompanied by the biggest smile), but you did not look to be blubbering or a suck in any way. You looked like ANYONE who has been through hell and back and is now meeting their idol would look.
    Nobody deserved everything you got that night more than you did! I'm soo happy I was at the show to share that moment with you...even if we were 2-3 sections away from each other (I was in 201). Sharing in your afterglow a little bit after the show was awesome too.

I know you said you've had more downs in your life than ups...my life has been like that too, but one thing I've learned is that the pendulum of life will swing in the other direction eventually (from down side to up side that is). If you don't have the down side, you cannot fully appreciate when the good side comes around.

I hope the pendulum stays in this side for a long time to come and that you have an AMAZING time in OZ!!

I hope to hang with you again at another show my friend :)

Mel
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Must have been your first trip down because I saw you come back again and I thought "what the heck?" And oh yes, you went right over that wall. I can see why you don't quite remember it. : )

Joni-Lee wrote:
    I was helped over the wall? I can't remember that. I hope I jumped over in a lady like manner :)

Which trip down the steps did you get me? I had to go back up and come down a second time because they needed my ID :)

rick1zoo2 wrote:

That's too funny...I had a short dress on too :) Lucky for dark stockings. I must have been high amongst the waves...I would never do such a thing any other time. Hope I didn't hurt anyone in the process :)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Must have been your first trip down because I saw you come back again and I thought "what the heck?" And oh yes, you went right over that wall. I can see why you don't quite remember it. : )

Joni-Lee wrote:

rick1zoo2 wrote:

• Hi Joni

i just wanted to say...after all the shit you have gone through in the past year or so, you deserved this night!! and i was soooo fucking happy for you when i heard Ed go into your story and call you down to the stage...what a classy gesture...just another reason to love this band...anyway...i know you will ride this high for a long time and i'm glad your health is returning to you!

also...i'm happy we are buds! (i don't know too many folks "down under" :mrgreen: )

If everything goes right...Maybe I'll see you in NY this summer for some PJ @ MSG!! :mrgreen:

see ya on FB!

PEACE!!
    Heya thank you for your message....I suck on the board..I have no idea who's who. So who are you :)

Hi Joni

i just wanted to say...after all the shit you have gone through in the past year or so, you deserved this night!! and i was soooo fucking happy for you when i heard Ed go into your story and call you down to the stage...what a classy gesture...just another reason to love this band...anyway...i know you will ride this high for a long time and i'm glad your health is returning to you!

also...i'm happy we are buds! (i don't know too many folks "down under" :mrgreen: )

If everything goes right...Maybe I'll see you in NY this summer for some PJ @ MSG!! :mrgreen:

see ya on FB!

PEACE!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I love this thread. :D
    I love your troll doll. I used to have loads of them back in the day :)
    I love this thread. :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    I remember seeing Joni with a bag full of Tim Tam's @ the first PreParty. With all the entertainment & get togethers with friends the whole week in Philly, I didn't get a chance to try one out! :(
    D....can you not get them in your area? I could try posting you a packet but not sure they'll get to you unopened :)
    demetrios wrote:
    I remember seeing Joni with a bag full of Tim Tam's @ the first PreParty. With all the entertainment & get togethers with friends the whole week in Philly, I didn't get a chance to try one out! :(
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    D....can you not get them in your area? I could try posting you a packet but not sure they'll get to you unopened :)
    demetrios wrote:

My local grocery stores don't carry them. I'll try Pete's Froutique, an exotic store of imported foods. They must have them. If not, we'll need to set up a Tim Tam's import/export business with you! ;)
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    Heya thank you for your message....I suck on the board..I have no idea who's who. So who are you :)

Hi Joni

see ya on FB!

PEACE!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: Erik :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Erik!!! Are you being nice (not perverted for once) haha
    Joni-Lee wrote:

Hi Joni

see ya on FB!

PEACE!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: Erik :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Joni-Lee wrote:

hey man....i'm always nice!!....well....most of the time.....ok.....at least 1/2 the time!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

and i'm hardly ever perverted.....well...maybe sometimes......ok....often....but only in my mind! :P :P
  • Joni-Lee wrote:

hey man....i'm always nice!!....well....most of the time.....ok.....at least 1/2 the time!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

and i'm hardly ever perverted.....well...maybe sometimes......ok....often....but only in my mind! :P :P
    he means ALWAYS!!!!!!! :lol::lol:
This discussion has been closed.