Philly Nite 3 "The best nite of my life!"

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Joni - fuck the haters girl....you have been through some ruff shit and you deserved to have the band show you some love...what's even cooler,is that they did!.....if there are people around here that have a problem with that then i am ashamed for them!

what annoys me is there was 3 other people in that car as well. they have also gone through the same thing with joni. The others are dealing with the same issues, but where is their "love". To me, an outsider who knows a little more about this then most here would, having heard from more then one person who was involved, it just seems that the others have been forgotten in all this.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • The best night of my life was the night that Wanye Brady got his own show.

Worst night was when it was cancelled..
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Pretty sure the other three were not admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung etc if I have my facts right. It's a shame you can't see any good in what the band has done foe me other than selfishness.

My memory recalls me being left in the hospital alone whilst the "other three" attended Ed's gigs. Enough said. My thread on being grateful...it's not hear for ur negativity!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    My memory recalls me being left in the hospital alone whilst the "other three" attended Ed's gigs. Enough said. My thread on being grateful...it's not hear for ur negativity!

Say that again? You were @ the hospital alone while the other 3 in the car you were with went to see the shows? Are you kidding me?!? What type of human beings would do something like that?!?
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    Pretty sure the other three were not admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung etc if I have my facts right. It's a shame you can't see any good in what the band has done foe me other than selfishness.

i never said anything negative, and i'm well aware that you came off the worst physically, all i said was it seems that the other 3 seem to be forgotten in all this. they too had injuries, both physical and emotion, like you have also. i never begrudge anything the band has done for you of late. i just mentioned that there were others involved, people seem to be forgetting that.

you seem to be the 1st to mention anything negative "hear", you didn't need to bite my head off a simple acknowledgement of the fact that others were hurt when you posted in a earlier post "MY accident" it just kinda annoyed me to think that some people who read this thread may not be aware of the fact others were also hurt. i'm glad you are so happy you got to meet the band.

the other 3 may have been able to also see the ed shows while they were there, but it doesn't mean they also don't deserve to be acknowledged. i believe one of them also stayed back in Hawaii to help you til you got back on your feet. that was a very admirable thing to do when i'm sure he probably had a job and commitments to get home to.

i didn't bring up anything negative nor do i want to. just saying a little "love" for the others invovled would be nice to see.
    demetrios wrote:
    Joni-Lee wrote:

Say that again? You were @ the hospital alone while the other 3 in the car you were with went to see the shows? Are you kidding me?!? What type of human beings would do something like that?!?

that is not true, if you read what i just posted, they may have still gone to the gig, but they also were there for joni.
    D...I accepted that. They were there on holiday to see Ed. I know what I would have done but I'm very different to most especially when it comes to friendship.

There is only one main issue here that fuels this debate. I've cut ties with the driver who caused the accident and who has never accepted responsibility for the accident or supported me. Whereas when he needed support I was right there for him!

He is not and will never have any association int life and I will not let him
    dissapoint me anymore. He was NEVER there and we never heard from him
    for weeks after the accident. I know what I have to do, I know my facts are correct and I know I have the right people by my side.

This is my thread discussing what an amazing journey I've had and the discussion on this non important issue will cease on my thread.
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    He is not and will never have any association int life and I will not let him
    dissapoint me anymore. He was NEVER there and we never heard from him
    for weeks after the accident. I know what I have to do, I know my facts are correct and I know I have the right people by my side

you still managed to hang out with him in Melbourne to see liam finn in september, months after the accident right?

but as you said, you don't want to discuss it any more, and i don't want to get into it either. i just wanted to say there were others there. some may not have known that.
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    ENOUGH!!!!!!

This is FUCKING CRAZY!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Joni was hurt. We know that. She met the band. That is really awesome!! HOWEVER:

Stop leaving shit out and twisting it around to make you look like a fucking saint...NO-ONE is perfect, and certainly NOT you...otherwise you'd have more than a handful of decent "friends" on Facebook, instead of 1,700 "friends" who know sweet FA about you, other than the fact you got a few broken ribs from a car accident.

THERE ARE THREE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THAT ACCIDENT. ONE of those persons STAYED BEHIND to look after you. The group went BACK to the island you were at because they didnt want to leave you alone.

You went OUT DRINKING while you were still in Hawaii...you were NOT in hospital for three weeks!!!!

AND IF YOU WORE A FUCKING SEATBELT, you wouldnt have landed your ass in hospital!!!!! Funny that isnt it??? Out of four people you were the only one admitted...yet the only one stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt.

Stop slagging off others who are obviously more mature than you, and have MORE in their lives than to go around blocking people that even MENTION the other peoples names...they are choosing to heal privately and without making a huge song and dance about this fucking drama...all the people I know are thoroughly SICK TO DEATH of your fucking Aloha and Mahalo bullshit...yes youre happy and you love Hawaii, but FFS, show some fucking respect to the others!

And go on, block me on Facebook and block me on here...just because you cant see me doesnt mean your ungrateful and bitchy attitude hasnt fucked your "karma". I know I'll get banned too, which I can take, it's happened twice before.

To all those reading this, I hope you sit back and think long and hard about what you've been reading, and try to remember that there are two sides to every story. Things are being made PUBLIC, and twisted to make certain people seem bad, when they are probably now the true "victims" in this whole fiasco.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    joni-lee - if you feel that I am feeding the fire and wish that I delete this comment, I will do out of respect for you.

But i want to say something here and to threefish10.

Speaking as someone who is having personal issues with EV himself because the same person he acknowledged recently that did me wrong two years ago - even complaining here on the board right after the incident and told 10c... then again during the 2 year period and again before the event in Oct.

I was ignored and not taken seriously. So yes, I am angry with EV and at the risk of having an entitlement attitude, I do feel he owes me an apology - in front of everyone and holding that person accountable. But i know he won't. I, however, do still respect the man and he is a wonderful person with great heart. But he made a huge mistake by acknowledging that person/group who put me through so much hell.

I am on Joni-Lee's side - why? Because those individuals never spoke up from the beginning.

You are an insider, threefish10, and that is the problem - hearing from one side of the story. You shouldn't be speaking on their behalf - they should have said something from the beginning. This is the first time I've heard of those individuals. That alone doesn't sound right to me and reeks of jealousy. Because if they felt strongly about it, they would have said something right away.

Additionally, in the beginning when talking about Joni-Lee - she was all everyone talked about and from my understanding, that is how 10c would have gathered information and passed on to him.

I'm sorry that those individuals are having hard feelings...and I do not know the facts and even if they came forward now, it's too late because that would make them look bad - for waiting a year to share the information?

Again, i'm really sorry and I am happy for Joni-Lee because it was a hell year for her and it has for many many people, including myself, and it is very nice to see her healing process with the musicians she has a lot of respect and love for.

Ok, I've said my piece and Joni-Lee, don't let this ruin your thread. There are more of us who are happy for you than those who aren't.

Good day.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    the reason the other three didnt speak up,was because they dont publicise every last detail of their lives on Facebook, or on here.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    the reason the other three didnt speak up,was because they dont publicise every last detail of their lives on Facebook, or on here.

But still, if the information was not correct, it should be shared in the beginning.

I'm not saying that they need to share every detail of their private life... but about the incident that everyone knew from the beginning when she was acknowledged by Eddie Vedder at his solo show.

That should have given them the opportunity to bring it up and correct things. That's what I am saying.

Right now, it's too late because it's been a year and it's the first time many of us have heard about this.
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:

But still, if the information was not correct, it should be shared in the beginning.

I'm not saying that they need to share every detail of their private life... but about the incident that everyone knew from the beginning when she was acknowledged by Eddie Vedder at his solo show.
    GEEZUS. You have been misinformed! Everyone was STOKED she was mentioned at the gig!!! Absolutely happy as for her...EVERYONE there was so happy that Ed gave a mention to Joni, because it really was terribly sad she wasnt there.

There were HUGE amounts of guilt being felt at the gigs, because Joni wasnt there...by many people.

And, things werent being "spun" until the last few months...its been seen as getting out of control. Things have only just come to light now, after all this publicisation. THATS why stuff wasnt said at the beginning.
  • ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    edited December 2009
    It's been a year??? are you talking about the accident that happened in Hawaii in July '09???

As far as I know, nobody has a problem with the band acknowledging Joni....it's fantastic :)

and.....things are only really surfacing now, as people from around the world (not just here in Australia) are communicating and discovering all of the lies and backstabbing that has been going on behind their backs all along.
    Honestly!!! I've kept out of it all because it's worse than highschool, but it's time all sides were heard.
    Just because others aren't childish enough to put it on public forums for the world to see, doesn't mean they are the ones in the wrong!

Wake up people!

Seriously....someone who needs so much public attention obviously needs help. Also the only way she feels she can gain this attention is by presenting herself as a victim no matter what the cost in friendships or with any consideration or regard for others reputation and emotions.
    Joni has obviously and evidently manipulated not just the situation but anyone that comes into her sphere, by blocking and ignoring anyone who confronts her, she is validating that she is obviously incapable of facing the truth. I would suggest she needs to seek proffessional counceling and stop seeking validation of herself on public forums that at the end of the day are impersonal and annonymous.
    By adopting the persona of a victim, eventually that will become the dominant trait of your personality establishing yourself with a permanent victim identity that will infect all areas of your life and disassociate you from meaningful relationship with those around you.

To sum it up....take some responsibility!
    Post edited by ozsmalltowngirl on

GEEZUS. You have been misinformed! Everyone was STOKED she was mentioned at the gig!!! Absolutely happy as for her...EVERYONE there was so happy that Ed gave a mention to Joni, because it really was terribly sad she wasnt there.

There were HUGE amounts of guilt being felt at the gigs, because Joni wasnt there...by many people.

And, things werent being "spun" until the last few months...its been seen as getting out of control. Things have only just come to light now, after all this publicisation. THATS why stuff wasnt said at the beginning.

Ok, I apologize for taking it the wrong way. I do not know all the facts, as I've said.

But why wait a few months only to bring it up now - because of the fact she was getting so much attention? I'm sorry...but that still sounds like jealousy to me. If she wasn't, they wouldn't have said anything, right?

Seems like some back-stabbing behind the scenes... that is not cool. I'm really sorry about the whole thing - both for Joni-Lee and the individuals involved.

At this point where it is getting out of hand, I think it's wise that we cease because this is between Joni-Lee and the individuals involved.

We should not be dragged into this - especially after the fact that the only reason is because of the "publication" she has been receiving.
    ~Q Magazine

• What they hell is wrong with you people? You can't just be happy for someone? Jesus Christ :x
    It's been a year??? are you talking about the accident that happened in Hawaii in July '09???

As far as I know, nobody has a problem with the band acknowledging Joni....it's fantastic :)

and.....things are only really surfacing now, as people from around the world (not just here in Australia) are communicating and discovering all of the lies and backstabbing that has been going on behind their backs all along.
    Honestly!!! I've kept out of it all because it's worse than highschool, but it's time all sides were heard.
    Just because others aren't childish enough to put it on public forums for the world to see, doesn't mean they are the ones in the wrong!

Wake up people!

Seriously....someone who needs so much public attention obviously needs help. Also the only way she feels she can gain this attention is by presenting herself as a victim no matter what the cost in friendships or with any consideration or regard for others reputation and emotions.
    Joni has obviously and evidently manipulated not just the situation but anyone that comes into her sphere, by blocking and ignoring anyone who confronts her, she is validating that she is obviously incapable of facing the truth. I would suggest she needs to seek proffessional counceling and stop seeking validation of herself on public forums that at the end of the day are impersonal and annonymous.

To sum it up....take some responsibility!

I agree with you on the responsibility part and that it's worse than high school.

People deal with things differently.... and we shouldn't be judging her on how she is dealing with her personal life and problems.

At this point, it's like it's pointless because you and I weren't there when it happened and this shouldn't be happening because we all should be happy that someone was on the stage with the band they love!

Jeez.... this is getting out of control.

Right now, I am going to step out of here.

It was Joni-Lee's best life at Philly Nite 3.... and good for her!

Let's not continue this?

I am not interested in continuing this dicussion because it is not going to get anywhere, really.
    ~Q Magazine

• What they hell is wrong with you people? You can't just be happy for someone? Jesus Christ :x
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited December 2009
    deleted out of respect for others involved in this nasty NASY message, Joni sent, who are not here to approve.
    What they hell is wrong with you people? You can't just be happy for someone? Jesus Christ :x
    We all were very happy for her...until we all found out about the lies that were being told :roll:
    +1
    learn to read people! NOBODY has said they're not happy for what the band had done for Joni......or denied she deserves it. It is just time people are woken up to a few facts..........there has been a lot of trouble caused by this girls nastiness.....that a lot of people have no idea about.
    +1
    learn to read people! NOBODY has said they're not happy for what the band had done for Joni......or denied she deserves it. It is just time people are woken up to a few facts..........there has been a lot of trouble caused by this girls nastiness.....that a lot of people have no idea about.
    so what?who cares what joni do in her private life or in her private facebook message...here is a pj fans forum,we are not the desperate housewifes!!!!!!!!!!we are talking about a fan of pearl jam that the band honor her this way...end of story..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I'll close the conversation and just clear up that the two negative people on this thread are in fact girlfriends of one of the men in the accident. Neither of them have I met or ever spoken to. Both have their own concoction of the truth.

I am 100% content and happy with the person I am and how I hold myself and treat others. I 100% believe in good and bad karma. If I have done anything wrong in the past 5 months..let my karma deal with it. I'm confident in my own good karma.

Some people are jealous, spiteful and bitter. I aim not to please all.

I appreciate the love and support of my friends and all that have posted nice comments on my thread about my amazing experience in Philly and Sydney. The moderator will hopefully clear the crap from this post and leave it to what it was about.

For anyone else that wants to speak with my directly about anything...you all have my email and my mobile.
    edited December 2009
    Dimitri....I know what you're saying.....and as I said I don't know of anyone who wasn't happy for what the band did for Joni.
    But....unfortuanately.......as soon as anyone tries to approach Joni on other matters or defend any of her slanderous comments on Facebook, she not only removes them from her "friends" list so they can no longer defend themslelves, but she totally blocks them, so they can't even see what she's saying about them. Buuut.....it all gets out in the end ;)

So.....as I have mentioned....facts need to be heard and sadly (because it can't be done on FB) it had to be here......which if you ask me, is the more mature thing to do, because nobody is blocked here and can defend themselves.....including Joni.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Oh good grief, you've got to be kidding me! I know Joni, not exceptionally well, but I have met her and been in regular contact with her since meeting her. I am on her FB list and I have to say I have absolutely NO CLUE what lies you believe she is spreading on FB or where she is refusing to take responsibility. I was always well aware there were other people in the car, even if it was months until I actually knew about the accident, as I don't spend my life on the Pit. Also, this rubbish about Joni using a public forum to write all about her life etc is just absolute BS, look at her post count, she is barely on here. She started this thread to write about the best night of her life and yet people feel the need to turn this into a nasty, name-calling, finger-pointing, disgusting viotriolic diatribe. This is neither the place nor the thread for such childish behaviour. No-one is forcing you to read this thread or to participate, just move along. Many people start threads to write about what the band means to them and to thank them, how is this thread any different to those? Take a step back people and breathe. How typically and unattractively Australian to cut down those perceived to be a "tall poppy".
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    I'll close the conversation and just clear up that the two negative people on this thread are in fact girlfriends of one of the men in the accident. Neither of them have I met or ever spoken to. Both have their own concoction of the truth.

I am 100% content and happy with the person I am and how I hold myself and treat others. I 100% believe in good and bad karma. If I have done anything wrong in the past 5 months..let my karma deal with it. I'm confident in my own good karma.

Some people are jealous, spiteful and bitter. I aim not to please all.

I appreciate the love and support of my friends and all that have posted nice comments on my thread about my amazing experience in Philly and Sydney. The moderator will hopefully clear the crap from this post and leave it to what it was about.

For anyone else that wants to speak with my directly about anything...you all have my email and my mobile.
    More lies.....I am not the girlfriend of anyone involved in this, thanks very much.

If you are saying that everything that has come out in the last couple of months is all lies......there must be A LOT of people lying....hmmmmm?

and by closing the conversation all you are doing is validating the comment I made earlier about you having issues, ergo when being confronted by the truth, you run.
    Obviously, Joni....if you stop and think about what you are doing, by denying anyone else the right to comment, that is not in your oppinion favourable to you, you are in effect placing a strangle hold on the truth. What gives you the right to deny others free speach? Are you affraid of being exposed?
  • This is a Pearl Jam message board. Nobody cares about your personal squabbles. Grow up and move on (not directed at OP).
  • This is a Pearl Jam message board. Nobody cares about your personal squabbles. Grow up and move on (not directed at OP).

They dont call this place SYNDERGARTEN for no reason.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    First off, I think it's awesome what EV's done for Joni after her accident, it's really something that doesn't happen often, and I'm truly happy for her that she got better and was able to attend the shows she did.

I just want to say something as an outsider that I've been noticing. Why are we still talking about all of this? It happened MONTHS ago. This need for attention has really gone overboard with this thread, FB, the "victim" mentality in need of constant moral support...whatever....all of it. I know there are others involved...they didn't "need" that kind of attention from the getgo, so they didn't get it, plain and simple. That's just the way it appears to me.

Can we just let Joni be, and sort things out privately, (a much needed "privately") for once? Let's put this to bed. She needs downtime from all this attention. Oh, and Joni, good karma is not talking negatively - about anyone, about anything.
  • funny....all this bullshit comes out AFTER she gets some love from the band? this accident was over a year ago and yet these bitches want to come on here NOW and talk shit?

gee.....kinda looks like jealousy and envy to me.

some fucking people just have no class or compassion...it's just "what about me" & "me, me, me"...i find it all very sickening. :sick::sick::sick:
This discussion has been closed.