Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1613614616618619632

Comments

  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:


    Roger looking rather fit, Pete as the Dalai Lama, lol.  Good album?
    Haven’t had a chance to listen yet. But will sometime this weekend. 

    Would love to get a brief review if you get a chance. 
    I am so amazed that Pete and Roger are still going so strong.  They have 6 and 8 years respectively on me and twice the energy.  Impressive!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644


    Just snagged this. 7LP set - 5 Guess Who albums, 1 best of BTO, and 1 best of Burton Cummings. Currently $45.01 from Deep Discount via Walmart.com. Runs $180 on Amazon. Couldn't pass it up.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404

  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    DC29940 said:


    Just snagged this. 7LP set - 5 Guess Who albums, 1 best of BTO, and 1 best of Burton Cummings. Currently $45.01 from Deep Discount via Walmart.com. Runs $180 on Amazon. Couldn't pass it up.

    Being a Randy Bachman fan, you might enjoy John Einarson's book, Neil Young: Don't Be Denied: The Canadian Years. Randy and his connection with early to mid 60's Canadian rock and roll is mention (generally in glowing terms) a number of times and shows up in a couple of photos in the last pages of the book.
    Neil Young Dont Be Denied  the Canadian Years by John Einarson 1550820443   eBay


    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,052
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:


    Roger looking rather fit, Pete as the Dalai Lama, lol.  Good album?
    Haven’t had a chance to listen yet. But will sometime this weekend. 

    Would love to get a brief review if you get a chance. 
    I am so amazed that Pete and Roger are still going so strong.  They have 6 and 8 years respectively on me and twice the energy.  Impressive!
    Just had time to listen to the first record today. So far I like it. I will play the other two records tomorrow. I thought the sound was great and both Pete and Roger can still sing pretty well. I am a big Who fan so I may be biased. My favorite live Who performances are Live at Leeds and some of the live songs on The Kids Are Alright soundtrack. Obviously, the new album doesn’t have the raw power of those. The orchestra definitely brings a new vibe, but it works. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:


    Roger looking rather fit, Pete as the Dalai Lama, lol.  Good album?
    Haven’t had a chance to listen yet. But will sometime this weekend. 

    Would love to get a brief review if you get a chance. 
    I am so amazed that Pete and Roger are still going so strong.  They have 6 and 8 years respectively on me and twice the energy.  Impressive!
    Just had time to listen to the first record today. So far I like it. I will play the other two records tomorrow. I thought the sound was great and both Pete and Roger can still sing pretty well. I am a big Who fan so I may be biased. My favorite live Who performances are Live at Leeds and some of the live songs on The Kids Are Alright soundtrack. Obviously, the new album doesn’t have the raw power of those. The orchestra definitely brings a new vibe, but it works. 
    Thank you!  I must check it out.  Long time Who fan here as well.  And yes, Live at Leeds is phenomenal- I don't know of a better (genuinely) live album!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:


    Just snagged this. 7LP set - 5 Guess Who albums, 1 best of BTO, and 1 best of Burton Cummings. Currently $45.01 from Deep Discount via Walmart.com. Runs $180 on Amazon. Couldn't pass it up.

    Being a Randy Bachman fan, you might enjoy John Einarson's book, Neil Young: Don't Be Denied: The Canadian Years. Randy and his connection with early to mid 60's Canadian rock and roll is mention (generally in glowing terms) a number of times and shows up in a couple of photos in the last pages of the book.
    Neil Young Dont Be Denied  the Canadian Years by John Einarson 1550820443   eBay


    Sweet, I’ll check it out!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2023
    .
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    Finally got around to reacquiring this classic.  No idea what happened to the copy I used to have.  IN any case- gotta have this one!
    Primary

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    DC29940 said:

    Brittany Howard is amazing w that band.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644
    DC29940 said:

    Brittany Howard is amazing w that band.
    Yes she is! his 10th anniversary reissue is great to. Second disc is a live session.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    Jason Isbell Southeastern, Jason Isbell Something More Than Free, Brad Best Friends? and Pearl Jam Vault 9 Seattle.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    DC29940 said:

    Brittany Howard is amazing w that band.
    Many moons ago, I was lucky enough to see them at a small club here in Richmond.  It was fairly soon after Boys and Girls was released.  Wow, did she blow me away on that stage.  She really owned it, and owned her axe.  What a great show and I'll never forget it.  

    Fast forward to last year, she played at Ohana, as you all may remember.  She was very good still, but her music seems to have migrated more towards soul and gospel.  She was still very good, but I liked her better with the original band.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

    Brittany Howard is amazing w that band.
    Many moons ago, I was lucky enough to see them at a small club here in Richmond.  It was fairly soon after Boys and Girls was released.  Wow, did she blow me away on that stage.  She really owned it, and owned her axe.  What a great show and I'll never forget it.  

    Fast forward to last year, she played at Ohana, as you all may remember.  She was very good still, but her music seems to have migrated more towards soul and gospel.  She was still very good, but I liked her better with the original band.  
    Ani DiFranco is like that for me.  She rocked in the early years and now I think she's a lounge singer...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    pjpjpaul said:
    The Beatles- Rubber Soul 1st Edition UK Mono "Loud Cut"







    David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust... 1980 UK Bilbo Cut 






    Elvis Costello- My Aim is True 1977 UK OG Yellow Back 





    OG Beatle MONOs are the way to go. 

    They're louder.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,052
    I just ordered the new reissue of Audioslave’s Out of Exile. I think it just came out yesterday. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,027
    GlowGirl said:
    I just ordered the new reissue of Audioslave’s Out of Exile. I think it just came out yesterday. 

    happened to see this and ST in the waiting to check out. Need to reissue revelations.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,052
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    I just ordered the new reissue of Audioslave’s Out of Exile. I think it just came out yesterday. 

    happened to see this and ST in the waiting to check out. Need to reissue revelations.....
    Had I seen it in my shop I would have gotten it today. But the store was really crowded and I just wanted to get out of there. So I ordered it online on my way home. 
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644


    My RSD pickups. Really wanted The Rockfords but not a single shop in town got a copy. But luckily a buddy in Chicago was able to snag a copy for me! 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Villains is what I really wanted.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    ikiT said:
    Villains is what I really wanted.
    They really need to spread this album out over at least three sides. Seven songs on side 1, sounds very compressed.

    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    that's the prob with those 52 minute records
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    edited April 2023
    My brother got this record when it came out when we were in high school.  He was a sophomore, I was a senior.  I always thought it was a really cool album but for some crazy reason, I never picked up on it myself until recently.  I found a solid VG+, gave it a good clean and a spin and....  Whoa!  What I've been missing all these years.  Sweet!  (And dig the Norman Rockwell cover!)

    Mike Bloomfield And Al Kooper – The Live Adventures Of Mike Bloomfield And Al Kooper

    Label:Columbia – KGP6, Columbia – KGP 6
    Format:
    2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Terre Haute Pressing
    Country:US
    Released:1969
    Genre:Rock, Blues

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 780

  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,027
    Robbert said:


    got this. sounds decent for what it is. be better if it were the full set.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 644

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    RSD:
    PJ - Give Way
    Muddy Waters - Woodstock
    Black Keys - Live at the Beachland Tavern
    Isbell/Shires - Sound Emporium

    Non-RSD:
    The National - First Two Pages of Frankenstein
    Josh Ritter - Spectral Lines

    Pre-Orders:
    Brad - Shame (blue)
    Brad - In The Moment You Were Born (pink)
    Ben Harper - Wide Open Light
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I swore off boxsets forever but I am extremely tempted by that 50th anniversary Wishbone Ash Argus boxset. That is one amazing album. 
Sign In or Register to comment.