Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Got my Vic today.  Sounds pretty good! I tho the mastering recessed the drums a bit,  particularly the high hat and cymbals which are not as present as I like.  Still, pleased thus far and the Vic is absolutely one of my favorite shows ever. 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,762
    mrussel1 said:
    Got my Vic today.  Sounds pretty good! I tho the mastering recessed the drums a bit,  particularly the high hat and cymbals which are not as present as I like.  Still, pleased thus far and the Vic is absolutely one of my favorite shows ever. 

did you get tracking throughout? show ready for pickup on the 8th. that's all since.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did you get tracking throughout? show ready for pickup on the 8th. that's all since.
    Some haven’t. I have had past vaults simply show up without any updates. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,762
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Some haven’t. I have had past vaults simply show up without any updates. 

hoped that was the case.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,867
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

My tracking said it was due for delivery this past Tuesday, then it was updated to Wednesday, Thursday, and now today. Who knows when it will show up. 
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,713

Nice eclectic batch of great music there! 
    I need to add Lou's Emoh on vinyl to my want list!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Can never have enough Lou! 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    brianlux said:

For sure! 
    Do you have this 7"?  If you can track it down for a reasonable price (sorry to say they are running high right now) grab one.  It's great and I love the cover.
    Primary

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

For sure! 
    Do you have this 7"?  If you can track it down for a reasonable price (sorry to say they are running high right now) grab one.  It's great and I love the cover.
    Primary

Don’t have it, but I will grab it if I see it. I have two Sebadoh releases still on my wantlist (III / Bubble & Scrape). Those are hard enough to come by. He should RE his entire Sebadoh and s/t catalogue imo

Agree, great cover 👍
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    OH MY!  Merry Christmas to me, LOL.  Look what showed up today!  I LOVE this.  For years, I've pestered American Laundromat Records to reissue this on vinyl.  I can't claim that's why they did it, but I can sure say I love it!
    Primary

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    edited December 2022

Didn’t have many under the tree, but got plenty of gift cards that will be turned into vinyl in the coming week :) 

The Revolver is the 2022 stereo mix from Target that came with a tee AND has Revolver misspelled on the spin of the box. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Two ultra cool scores today:
    When I saw Mitch Easter's name on this as producer, I knew I had to have it!

Primary

Primitons – Primiton

Label:Throbbing Lobster – Bisque-8
    Format:
    Vinyl, 12", EP
    Released:1985
    Genre:Rock, Pop
    Style:Alternative Rock

And whoa!  Jazz from another planet and a no brainer on Editions EG vinyl:
    Primary

The Lounge Lizards* – The Lounge Lizards

Label:Editions EG – EGS 108
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:1981
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Avant-garde Jazz, No Wave

Never heard LL. But know of John from 'fishing with john' epicly odd show about....well....fishing.

Lurie has done some very cool work!  Beside being with Lounge Lizards, he acted in two great Jim Jarmusch films, Down by Law and Stranger than Paradise .  Musician, film score writer, actor, painter, and yeah, fisherman... really talented guy!

Also from Lounge Lizard is Arto Lindsay who has done some really weird, cool, eccentric guitar work both with LL and particularly with his group, Ambitions Lovers. 

I've been checking.out LL live in Tokyo.  Wow. Turned my friend on to them too. Will listen to Ambitions Lovers. this led my bud to Mark Ribot and the Ceramic Dogs. Now I have more stuff to dive into. See what you started! Twisted stuff. Love it. :/

• Options
    Ambitious Lovers a tiny bit too pop for me so far. Just my taste in music.. Sorry to derail the thread. 

Vault 2 pj newest record in hand
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Ambitious Lovers a tiny bit too pop for me so far. Just my taste in music.. Sorry to derail the thread. 

Vault 2 pj newest record in hand

Ambitious Lovers is a frustration for me.  They were on Saturday Night Live one time and that was the first time I had seen or heard of Arto Lindsay so I ran out and bought one of their record which was pretty much a let down.  I eventually sold it.

My one Christmas present but I haven't had time yet to clean and spin it.  Definitely wanting to soon! Great timing as I'm reading the Scott Young (Neil's dad) book, Neil and Me which I'm enjoying a lot.
    Primary

• Options
    Just got this very unusual and a "bit challenging" but very cool LP on good old Ralph Records!:
    Fred Frith - Speechless album cover

Label:Ralph Records – FF 8106
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Genre:Jazz, Rock
    Style:Experimental, Avantgarde, Free Improvisation

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    Mofi in a silent way 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    How much is a DSD release from MoFi going for these days? 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Just got this very unusual and a "bit challenging" but very cool LP on good old Ralph Records!:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

So challenging you are unable to articulate what you have heard? 😏 
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    I really could care less about the whole dsd thing. If it sounds good to me that's all I care about and let's be honest a lot of vinyl these days is not AAA or is digitally sourced. The big thing was them not being upfront about their sources and procedures. With all of that being said I got this for 40 bucks. Not bad. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    I really could care less about the whole dsd thing. If it sounds good to me that's all I care about and let's be honest a lot of vinyl these days is not AAA or is digitally sourced. The big thing was them not being upfront about their sources and procedures. With all of that being said I got this for 40 bucks. Not bad. 
    I do care, that’s why I asked. Thanks for the detailed response 😎
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    I agree it's a transparency thing.  Certainly MOFI was cagey when their descriptions and they got pinched.  That doesn't mean I'm suddenly displeased with my Janice Pearl or Allman Brothers Brothers and Sisters.  I have originals of both and the MOFI blows them away.  I'm not selling them, but it does lead me to look for other potential versions whereas in the past, MOFI only trailed AP, Music Matters and Blue Note.  Now I'll look at other options and not trust MOFI the way I did. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Actually, yes!  :lol:    
    Well, let's see... how to put Frith music into words... 
    Definitely part rock, part avant garde jazz, part found sounds.  At times discordant  and chaotic on the surface, yet with a very solid  sense of composition as a foundation to the pieces.   Sonically runs the gamut from from jarring and harsh to nearly ambient.  It's the kind of music surely most of us would find difficult to appreciate passively.  It's the kind of music a friend of mine once described as "a lot of work to fully appreciate." 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    I agree it's a transparency thing.  Certainly MOFI was cagey when their descriptions and they got pinched.  That doesn't mean I'm suddenly displeased with my Janice Pearl or Allman Brothers Brothers and Sisters.  I have originals of both and the MOFI blows them away.  I'm not selling them, but it does lead me to look for other potential versions whereas in the past, MOFI only trailed AP, Music Matters and Blue Note.  Now I'll look at other options and not trust MOFI the way I did. 
    That is exactly how I feel. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Definitely part rock, part avant garde jazz, part found sounds.  At times discordant  and chaotic on the surface, yet with a very solid  sense of composition as a foundation to the pieces.   Sonically runs the gamut from from jarring and harsh to nearly ambient.  It's the kind of music surely most of us would find difficult to appreciate passively.  It's the kind of music a friend of mine once described as "a lot of work to fully appreciate." 
    Sounds like a workout! I feel like time gave me the gift of being able to appreciate oddball music to a degree.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Mofi in a silent way 
    I actually don’t own a single MoFi release. I just could not justify paying 2 or three times the price of the other labels. AP was generally half the cost, and Speakers Corner or Analog Spark (along with Blue Note and MM) a third the price. 
    I don’t doubt they are great no matter the source, just very doubtful I would have had twice or three times the enjoyment I get from the other labels. 
    $40 for In Silent Way is very reasonable and I may pull the trigger on that one as I need a great copy of that record. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

I like challenging music, so I will check this out. Sounds very interesting to me. I read that Oh Yeah by Mingus was challenging. It’s jazz/blues hybrid… not really challenging but a great fucking record! Speakers Corner pressing is dynamite. AAA. 

Btw, the Lou Barlow 15th anniversary RE of EMOH is a fantastic pressing. What a beautiful record… had not listened to it for years. If you find a copy grab it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

Sounds like a workout! I feel like time gave me the gift of being able to appreciate oddball music to a degree.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album

I like challenging music, so I will check this out. Sounds very interesting to me. I read that Oh Yeah by Mingus was challenging. It’s jazz/blues hybrid… not really challenging but a great fucking record! Speakers Corner pressing is dynamite. AAA. 

Btw, the Lou Barlow 15th anniversary RE of EMOH is a fantastic pressing. What a beautiful record… had not listened to it for years. If you find a copy grab it. 

If you guys find Frith's work compelling, maybe check out some of the other things he's done with the band Henry Cow.  And check out this discography.  Frith has made and/or been on a TON of records! Over 400 records!

And yes, must look for that pressing of EMOH, thanks!
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    PJ Vault 2 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I’ve got some unopened LP cartons piled up, haha! PJ’s V2 is my last remaining open order. 2023 will be a major slow down in LP buying for me after accumulating quite a bit since 2020. 
    www.cluthelee.com